The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made the mushroom comment out of frustration that not only is she fully vegan she is fussy about which vegetables she will eat. She is a guest in someone's cold chateau in the middle of nowhere France, in winter (so no vegetables from garden). Her diet is so limiting. It is a challenge to feed her.
And no wonder she has 3 helpings of each meal.. The poor girl is starving..

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thankyou Annie. Whilst not related to libel laws I have a memory of reporting on public figures private lives is protected as well eg politican mistresses is it privacy laws?
yes that's right I believe ....privacy laws here are very strong...so by default if you have a grievance with someone , about anything , & choose to air it publicly you are impacting that. I also remember seeing those stories about politicians love lives...was probably them who introduced the law in the first place 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Betty Crocker Cook 👩‍🍳 😹 I also thought the same about hygiene issues in that kitchen. Never see ANY hand-washing and so true about all the other things you say on that issue. I read in a science report that the Covid virus is so small, you could put more than 1,000 around the circumference of a hair. I dread to think what’s on the floor and surrounding areas once Annelise has finished using the kitchen as a hair salon virus 💇‍♀️ 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠

SJ’s Spirit Fashonusta 😹

I am SO pleased you directed me to give them a second chance. Will keep watching them and let’s watch this space, I’m sure we’ll be discussing them again particularly in connection with SJ as it seems they will be competitive dining with them in due course 😂👩‍🍳🤔
I'm hoping they're just being polite. But as a business perhaps they should've done some homework as to who they metaphorically jump into bed with before hitching their wagon to Jarvis? It wouldn't take a lot of research to find that she may not be all that she seems.

Reactions: 7
His words, not mine. Maybe his job was held open for him until restrictions lifted and he decided to let it go? I have no idea.
If the Dutch Covid employment policies same as Uk, he could have been on ‘furlough’ and still been receiving his salary! Perhaps that’s how he has been able to buy Brocante china and cutlery - with Dutch tax payers money, 🤣

Maybe furlough now ended and he has been asked to return to work and he’s gone crying to the Duchess. She’s hired him as butler, valet, person of the bedchamber / dresser .... general dog’s body. In other words a Laki paid for by other people. You couldn’t make this up !!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She always thinks it's hilarious when people are working hard but Selmar is a grown man and responsible for taking care of his health when working. I tell ya, she is starting to behave like that imbecile Marie Antoinette of whom she is so proud to be associated with! And poor Selmar, he is a gentle soul. I can't stand his goofy laugh though (I know, I know very catty). I know that what I'm going to say is a horrible generalization, but I have known a few men in my life who get very sensitive about their cooking. They seem to think that whatever they turn out should be highly prized and admired by all. Personally, I wasn't impressed by those pastries. They were more an exercise in folding dough than turning out something delicious. I don't think Selmar was really into this whole cooking competition thing to begin with, it's not his forte. And when he originally said he was going to make his apple cake (which is really a pie) I thought "NO! Not again" it's a competition you need to up your game! I never did understand the banana thing at all.

Yes, a retirement home for moochers and other weirdos! They will definitely need to have a Patreon account and live chats to fund that.
I'll gift some. Tenna lady's!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Bonjour

you might have forgotten a few other income streams

you tube - 3 channels
One is SUPPOSED to be charity
Failed to get charity status .. opps

3 channels combined income 12 k per month
For ... 8 months
Prior to that possibility of 6 - 7 k
Gifting

on the 🎁 non taxable channel
Gifts total combined for 11 months possibly over 30 k

appreciate an update on new totals

au revoir
If we base it on just the one year that would be €124,000 in extra income with a tax bill of €55,800 (that's at a rate of 45%).
This is aside from other income sources, such as the rent from the flat in London, which has probably not been declared for many years.

So, there's €55,800 plus €112,884 for just one year, bringing SJ's total annual tax bill to €168,684, at least.

Michael's current annual tax bill is/should be €11,640, but this doesn't include tax on other income sources, such has his YouTube and GFM activities.

I suggest that w**fter par excellence I-love-myself Michael Petherdick, whose world falls apart as soon as there's so much as a tiny scratch on one of his precious willow-pattern plates, and SJ at Château de la Fleur Fanée take a good look at these figures... when the French tax authorities get to know about this they will be most displeased!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Agent 007
You surpassed yourself

DB 5 7 9
Are in the stables

I personally virtually placed your hand ✋ stirred martini 🍸 on your tableau

Piliot is awaiting instructions for the Lear jet ✈

Air Force 1 as soon as it’s sprayed
( COVID ) is on-route from Florida

hope this meets your satisfaction

I bow to your supremacy 🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️🙇‍♀️
MojoDubin 👏👏👏👏👍

• Heart
Reactions: 3

If you wanted to see him in person, his little news piece it’s probably on YT or on the BBC Twitter page or ITV This Morning ...Oliver Voysey. A little lad who you watch for 10 mins and give a little 👏🏻 at the end because he’s doing difficult things in his difficult life to be selfless and grateful for what he has. Could teach a few things to a few people we know 🤓😏
Oh dear Oliver's story had me in tears and feeling ungrateful for my own and my family's health. Thankyou to those sharing Oliver's story. I made a donation - I share this only to reinforce you sharing such things can make a difference to his charity goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
can't find who said it, but someone said that the B&B at lalande is shut down? you think she read things here and realized? I can't imagine she'll want to let many strangers in after what's been said :unsure: maybe she's closing it down for good?
She's panicking ~ about all the Shat oo crazed fans turning up enmass!!!

Reactions: 5
Selmar is not going anywhere soon. He has changed his camper registration to a French one.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't feel sorry for Marie. No one forced he to return to La Lande. No one is forcing her to cook or arrange flowers. She's trying to get her tit together so she can leave. I don't think she really has a clue what she's doing but that's her problem. There's obviously nothing at La Lande for her in the way of a viable business in floristry. I doubt if she has enough business sense or capital to start her own business in England. She'll probably end up working for someone else like most of the rest of us. One of the big problems with this whole chateau world is that people think they really can do whatever they want and that somehow, someway everything will work out ( ahem, think MP2). Not so! Your 30s and 40s are the prime of your working life, a time to be making money for retirement. I'm afraid that so many people, including a lot of these volunteers, are going to miss the boat and come a begging in their Golden Years. And I share your thoughts about Farmer Phil (AKA as Philip). Philip, if you are reading this, please, I beg you, lose the overalls. They are the absolutely ugliest item of clothing I have ever seen on anyone. Just yuck! I can't even imagine where you would buy something like it. They make you look top heavy with really skinny ankles. Just raid SJs closet again since you wear the same size.
Someone like Marie is ripe for manipulation. When someone wants to look good they will use those who are vulnerable. I understand Marie left & because the job didn't work out she was 'rescued' by Ms Jarvis. Because you are not allowed to leave the Chatelaine unless she decides you can. I guess Marie is pretty useful as she is head chef. I think I remember reading in her vlog that she had done 6 days of cooking when there was some music workshop going on. I guess if she reads posts on here then she might start to see she's been taken for a mug? If some good for her can come out of it then I'm not sure I blame her. But I don't like the begging bowl being so put out so obviously.

Reactions: 11
If we base it on just the one year that would be €124,000 in extra income with a tax bill of €55,800 (that's at a rate of 45%).
This is aside from other income sources, such as the rent from the flat in London, which has probably not been declared for many years.

So, there's €55,800 plus €112,884 for just one year, bringing SJ's total annual tax bill to €168,684, at least.

Michael's current annual tax bill is/should be €11,640, but this doesn't include tax on other income sources, such has his YouTube and GFM activities.

I suggest that w**fter par excellence I-love-myself Michael Petherdick, whose world falls apart as soon as there's so much as a tiny scratch on one of his precious willow-pattern plates, and SJ at Château de la Fleur Fanée take a good look at these figures... when the French tax authorities get to know about this they will be most displeased!
Not to underplay your calculations at all but I think some of it will be based on how she has set herself up in the FR tax system. There are a few (lots!!) different ways to structure yourself & I am no way an expert . All I do know is that on some levels you do receive a 50% discount to your total income figure and then your income tax is calculated on that lower figure. However.....In FR your whole "household" is lumped together ..and by that I don't mean hangers on but direct family who are living at the same address...& that also influences the calculations.

Having said all of that, even if she was entitled to the deduction on her income tax she would still have to declare all her "other global income" and potentially also be liable for the separate social security contributions which is approx 24% of her "business" turnover

Reactions: 7
Someone like Marie is ripe for manipulation. When someone wants to look good they will use those who are vulnerable. I understand Marie left & because the job didn't work out she was 'rescued' by Ms Jarvis. Because you are not allowed to leave the Chatelaine unless she decides you can. I guess Marie is pretty useful as she is head chef. I think I remember reading in her vlog that she had done 6 days of cooking when there was some music workshop going on. I guess if she reads posts on here then she might start to see she's been taken for a mug? If some good for her can come out of it then I'm not sure I blame her. But I don't like the begging bowl being so put out so obviously.
On the other side she has a, not so warm but free, roof over her head at Lalande and no obvious qualifications on paper so in the middle of a pandemic where you are is probably the best place to be as getting accommodation and jobs not exactly easy.. England are today looking at introducing New Zealand style enforced hotel quarantine at your own cost so it's a case of jump now or rethink her plans.

And now he is not waiting anymore ?
He could be moving up the chateau hierarchy. I'm sure that now Jarvis thinks she is Princess Di reincarnated she will be looking to surround herself with the correct style of courtiers. I understand there was a role which he might be suitable for. 'In times past, the position of a courtier, the most influential in the household was known as the groom of the king’s close stool or groom of the stool for short. The groom of the stool was the most coveted position in royal history.
The role was created during the reign of Henry VII, to monitor and assist in the King’s bowel motions. It was considered the most influential role in the monarchy, owing to the intimate nature and proximity to the monarch. He was said to be even more powerful than the Prince of Wales. This person was of noble heritage and took care of matters within the monarch’s inner(privy) chamber, including matters of toileting.
Though there is debate, it is thought that the groom of the stool even wiped the monarch’s bottom after the business was done. The role comes with a lot of perks, including lodgings wherever the monarch stayed.'

On the other side she has a, not so warm but free, roof over her head at Lalande and no obvious qualifications on paper so in the middle of a pandemic where you are is probably the best place to be as getting accommodation and jobs not exactly easy.. England are today looking at introducing New Zealand style enforced hotel quarantine at your own cost so it's a case of jump now or rethink her plans.
Is there a backstory as to why she hasn't gone back to her home country? I mean in these weird times I think that would be where I would want to go and presumably get some social security style benefits and/or stay with friends or family. And IMO if I had started to see through who I was living in close proximity to on a daily basis, I might want to get out of a toxic environment no matter what the cost. I think that is why she is getting scratchy in the videos because she can see she is being used & no roof over the head can be worth that perhaps.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.