The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It‘s a massive shame as he is clearly very talented and can pick up skills and be instantly good at them!
Ploppityplop2 Post 3666017 He has areas of skills which he could improve. He obviously wants to lead a better life and if so he needs to work on skills such as dining skills, food preparation and presentation as it is glaringly obvious from his "Christmas at the Cottage" vlog with the manhandling of the food by all and lack of any social skills in dining. If SJ was a true friend she would discreetly help him with tips on presentation of food, no diving of hands into communal plates, not turning out food from the dish it's cooked in, onto the serving dish at the table, then throwing the dish aside among the main meal still being consumed. (the Christmas Pudding). Obviously the standard of table manners of his guests is not his fault, but if he knew the correct way to behave when dining, some of his behaviour may rub off on them. It may not seem important but if he wishes to aspire to the chateau life, correct manners are seen by others as your role in society. It's shallow and judgmental but that seems to be the type of people he wishes to associate with. He seems a quick learner - I am sure there are blogs on You Tube showing the correct placement of cutlery and glassware, correct presentation of food, etiquette and use of utensils. First lesson (for the guests) - don't grab food with your bare hands, don't shove large portions of food (potatoes, Yorkshire puddings etc) onto your plate so there is not enough for others, wait until all the guests are seated (including the host) before eating. At least one guest should thank the host and propose a toast before eating. It was like watching a pack of dogs fighting over a single bowl thrown into a kennel. I was brought up having correct etiquette drummed into me and with the adage "You may never dine at Buckingham Palace but you will know how to behave if you do"

Reactions: 11
But if he started with the gran who passed away why didn’t he just keep going with that. Would have been a lot safer and over quicker. This saga can now go on for ages. Possibly consume his life for another year.
I sorry to sound so cynical, but I wonder if Gran actually did pass away or if it was his first ill-advised attempt to garner the sympathy vote. Maybe the rest of the family told him, quite rightly, that was wholly inappropriate. I can't help but feel that he was clutching at straws (no pun intended.) Surely, that had really been the case, the family vloggers would all have posted to the effect that they had suffered a family bereavement and asking for people to understand that this was a difficult family time. There would be no need to have gone into further detail and would have given them time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love ❤ a bit of pa pethericks

in fact I’d love an auld pint with him

so my name for his channel

gladiator
........ are you not entertained ❤

I’d hope at 76 I’m still working like him
I go for PILF: The only Petherick I'd like to be filmed with😂

Some kind of subconscious contraceptive? "Use condomes when sleeping with my daughter! "?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Just watched the latest video, judging results, and the subscriber comments are so predictable, outraged/triggered because someone was mean. I knew that Marie’s team would judge harshly. But the subscribers are shocked that they aren’t getting the usual faux happy lala land facecade and performances that they expect.

The subscribers want to escape their dull lives and be cheered up, why Marie would think that being harsh and manipulating the others to do the same would go down well for her image I’d never know. She’s all about followers and money, and who would follow/pay someone they thought was a bleep?! I bet if she gave really kind feedback and scores it would have increased her followers/donations.
I spat my coffee out! 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Don
I sorry to sound so cynical, but I wonder if Gran actually did pass away or if it was his first ill-advised attempt to garner the sympathy vote. Maybe the rest of the family told him, quite rightly, that was wholly inappropriate. I can't help but feel that he was clutching at straws (no pun intended.) Surely, that had really been the case, the family vloggers would all have posted to the effect that they had suffered a family bereavement and asking for people to understand that this was a difficult family time. There would be no need to have gone into further detail and would have given them time.
Don't you know some people have more than one set of grandmothers? Also some can die multiple times😂😉 sorry if this was cynical but MP reads only on the Petherick thread, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Obviously the standard of table manners of his guests is not his fault, but if he knew the correct way to behave when dining, some of his behaviour may rub off on them. It may not seem important but if he wishes to aspire to the chateau life, correct manners are seen by others as your role in society. It's shallow and judgmental but that seems to be the type of people he wishes to associate with.

I was brought up having correct etiquette drummed into me and with the adage "You may never dine at Buckingham Palace but you will know how to behave if you do"
The lack of table manners in her family really has to begin with Ma. (Although maybe Sadie could have taught her teenage daughter not to wipe her mouth with her sleeve at the table!). Similarly, Ma could have demonstrated the correct way to manage their cutlery. Eating like hogs at a trough, even if it is from Spode plates, really won't cut the mustard for Chateau life, will it Ma? Oh dear, where would you start?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Tarts boudoir 😂 That says it all. I do agree if you have something in return from the vlogger, then even I wouldn’t be against a small contribution say for behind scenes access, maybe I’m just old school, but I think if it’s your dream to get the big **uck off chateau, and not live within your means, then you should make sure you can fund it without donations from others. I seriously doubt that all these Patreon accounts will survive for many years.

Also, even with this new couple who have done so much, so nicely, it feels really ‘grabby’ to me. I can barely keep up with SK, I only watch MP through what’s shown here, and I don’t feel I want to watch them all running about France during a time of Covid.

Philip and his wife, by their association with LOTL have shown their judgment is dubious and more than that, they are just as bad as SJ if they have no regard for the pandemic and are putting their desire for fame and money above principle and sane caution.

They could really set themselves apart by NOT mixing with SJ and her band of lalanders. I hope their name isn’t on the list and they won’t be going in to a Covid Come Dine With Me.
Next thread Tarts Boudoir and a smashed up car?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
The lack of table manners in her family really has to begin with Ma. (Although maybe Sadie could have taught her teenage daughter not to wipe her mouth with her sleeve at the table!). Similarly, Ma could have demonstrated the correct way to manage their cutlery. Eating like hogs at a trough, even if it is from Spode plates, really won't cut the mustard for Chateau life, will it Ma? Oh dear, where would you start?
I’m going to have to rewatch that now just for the table manners 😂

Reactions: 9
I did once upon a time try to watch a Petherick video that was filmed over Christmas I guess where they're all crammed around a table in the cottage... it was quite grim to watch. They really don't have an ounce of class between them, and class does not equal money or social status, to me it's basically knowing how to conduct yourself in all walks of life. Manners, a bit of etiquette, a little bit of a sense of occassion! Not a wine glass to be seen, a candle or a bit of FRK even on the table. For all of MP's artistic talent his sense of aesthetics and occassion are really lacking. As for the family.. well they are The Trotters. If I had to sit at that table with that family I would be depressed. How does Gwen do it? Also TOO MUCH SPODE!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I did once upon a time try to watch a Petherick video that was filmed over Christmas I guess where they're all crammed around a table in the cottage I guess... it was quite grim to watch. They really don't have an ounce of class between them, and class does not equal money or social status, to me it's basically knowing how to conduct yourself in all walks of life. Manners, a bit of etiquette, a little bit of a sense of occassion! Not a wine glass to be seen, a candle or a bit of FRK even on the table. For all of MP's artistic talent his sense of aesthetics and occassion are really lacking. As for the family.. well they are The Trotters. If I had to sit at that table with that family I would be depressed. How does Gwen do it? Also TOO MUCH SPODE!!!
It clearly was a good example of a rushed job. And only put out because of his go fund me grifting and saying about cooking in the aga by Christmas. The video was done well before Christmas and so rushed hence the chaotic show they put up.

I’m sure Gwendoline provided the trotters with a more stylish proper Christmas meal complete with flowers, wine glasses and electric candles in the chateau.

Reactions: 8
I can hear my mother saying "Elbows off the table"

And "Don't talk with food in your mouth"

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I particularly cringed at Sadie's several attempts to move her fags out of shot. Not forgetting the tag on the oven gloves. There was no centrepiece - the main element of any Christmas table, however simple. And they were all drinking gin and tonic and beer... Even the fleas on the dogs knew it was a set up...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Floral Roadkill's behaviour in the last vlog did her no favours... is she really that much of an idiot?

It is interesting that SSB left all of the controversial content in the vlog, especially FR actively encouraging Mandy to reduce her score. This reflected very poorly and will cost followers on Instagram and Patreon. Well, at least she'll have a real reason for the resting witch face. :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It was actually open aggressive 😂

She came there with the knowledge that she has to cook for so many hours. What's the problem? They are not friends on a vacation sharing the workload they are personnel hired for certain work agreed beforehand (cooking and appearance in videos, editing and appearance in videos, doing handyman work and appearance in videos, managing mails and appearance in videos,... All paid with room and food including alcohol, some gifts from fans, old clothes from SJ.

It seems that she is cooking only for dinner, for breakfast and lunch people are on their own.

Anyway: any mother with a couple of kids cooks this much every day and nobody cares🤔
Absolutely.

What are the chances, I wonder, of regularly catering for and to so many allergies, intolerances and don't likes in one spot? It's almost as if special dietary requirements is a prerequisite for becoming part of Lalande central casting.
The problem with so many dietary restrictions is that the food will turn out boring and institutional. I always wonder why they don't come out with a set menu that includes options for all. Many times it is just a mish-mash of what's on hand. I saw a reply earlier about Mandy's distaste for mushrooms and that somehow just because she was a vegan she shouldn't turn her nose up at that. I was a vegetarian for years and never have liked mushrooms. Many people assume that serving mushrooms to vegie heads is some kind of treat and a good substitute for protein. NOT! When you have a restrictive diet as an adult you are on your own when it comes to eating out. You just deal with it without making a fuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

"Don't hold your knife like a pen." Handle in the palm and index finger along the top of the blade. She was at least holding a knife and fork, unlike sullen grand-daughter who was only using a fork, when she wasn't eating with her fingers that is.
Love the saucepan on the table - cue the arrival of an appropiate Spode jug or sauceboat.

• Wow
  • Haha
"Don't hold your knife like a pen." Handle in the palm and index finger along the top of the blade. She was at least holding a knife and fork, unlike sullen grand-daughter who was only using a fork, when she wasn't eating with her fingers that is.
Don't wear your coat at the table, Sam. You won't feel the benefit when you go outside...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't wear your coat at the table, Sam. You won't feel the benefit when you go outside...
Yes, despite hearing how toasty the aga would keep the house, they all sat with coats on. Hope Ma had her flannel bloomers on!

• Haha
Well CB I have to agree with you about MPK. He’s a grabber for sure and hasn’t lived up to his end of the bargain at all. He’s probably going to be in some trouble for what he’s done. And there’s not a more vicious or vindictive creature than a pissed off gay man. (That is said with respect by the way). He’s reached way back for his latest drama. It doesn’t track. Unless he thinks that all of the nastiness is coming from the Strawbridges. Or that he has to explain that Doing It Ourselves never meant he was doing It, that it meant they were doing their own TV show. And to be so sore about not being in the show anymore. That’s just stupid. Talk about a disgruntled ex non employee.
SJ will not publicly side with MP2 against the Strawbridges because she is still on episodes of ETTCDIY. Also, SJ is a smart cookie when it comes to keeping her bridges intact and not siding with a team/person that may be going down. She is very selective with her close friends and who she cultivates for that group: must be good looking (but not better looking than herself), must come from 'good' families i.e. connections and preferably homes in exotic locations, must like to be on vlogs, must find her fun and charming, etc., cons are welcome, maybe because she is one herself.

Oh but they do..They film him doing all the work! 😂
Well, who's fault is that if it's not Ma and Pa? I think this is a way for Ma and Pa to keep their children close. Never let them truly become independent and they won't learn to fly on their own.

Reactions: 5
She is very selective with her close friends
It's worse: apart from Nic and MP she doesn't have any close friends, not really. There's the endless stack of wannabees she plays out against each other, but as soon as they leave her room, they leave her thoughts and mind too. For someone who comes across as very sociable and fun to be with, she is incredibly lonely.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.