The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Fuzzypeg I agree with you. I felt a real disappointment when I saw SJ inhabiting their chateau . And even they have started up Patreon. So tediously money grabbing to jump on the bandwagon. Especially so early on. If they hadn’t teamed up with LOTL I may have followed then. I definitely won’t be doing that now.
I don't have a gripe with Patreon per se - as long as there is some kind of return for the investment for example, seeing someone bring a lovely chateau back to life. I felt that watching their videos, that I gained something from it, the upholstery of the chair, the gilding of the mirror. Ok, it wasn't a tutorial nor was it intended to be but it did give an indication of the process and the care with which they renovate their home.
LOLL and MPK are more concerned with what they can buy for themselves. I think anyone may aspire to live in a beautiful home like Chateau La Fleur but seriously, who would wish to live in the chaos of Lalande (more like a tart's boudoir than an elegant chateau), the funereal gloom of Basmaignee or indeed, the mishmash of styles in the hobbit house.

Looking at some of the photographs on the La Fleur Instagram page, SJ looking like the cat that swallowed the cream. I think the boobs hanging out of her dress were not meant to be appealing to Baby Phil, she might have her eye on a more sophisticated gentleman! Don't think you'll manage to score there, Steph - why on earth would he be tempted?😉. I think he's probably a little too clean cut and decent for you - definitely not your type.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't have a gripe with Patreon per se - as long as there is some kind of return for the investment for example, seeing someone bring a lovely chateau back to life. I felt that watching their videos, that I gained something from it, the upholstery of the chair, the gilding of the mirror. Ok, it wasn't a tutorial nor was it intended to be but it did give an indication of the process and the care with which they renovate their home.
LOLL and MPK are more concerned with what they can buy for themselves. I think anyone may aspire to live in a beautiful home like Chateau La Fleur but seriously, who would wish to live in the chaos of Lalande (more like a tart's boudoir than an elegant chateau), the funereal gloom of Basmaignee or indeed, the mishmash of styles in the hobbit house.
Tarts boudoir 😂 That says it all. I do agree if you have something in return from the vlogger, then even I wouldn’t be against a small contribution say for behind scenes access, maybe I’m just old school, but I think if it’s your dream to get the big **uck off chateau, and not live within your means, then you should make sure you can fund it without donations from others. I seriously doubt that all these Patreon accounts will survive for many years.

Also, even with this new couple who have done so much, so nicely, it feels really ‘grabby’ to me. I can barely keep up with SK, I only watch MP through what’s shown here, and I don’t feel I want to watch them all running about France during a time of Covid.

Philip and his wife, by their association with LOTL have shown their judgment is dubious and more than that, they are just as bad as SJ if they have no regard for the pandemic and are putting their desire for fame and money above principle and sane caution.

They could really set themselves apart by NOT mixing with SJ and her band of lalanders. I hope their name isn’t on the list and they won’t be going in to a Covid Come Dine With Me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It‘s a massive shame as he is clearly very talented and can pick up skills and be instantly good at them!
@FrannyBee "single syllable word like "vehicle" as a 3 syllable word "Vee hick al"?"
Single syllable?
USER 179098@FrannyBee/USER ??? This was part of a post I made weeks ago (before Christmas I think) so I don't know what happened. I often type a post and just before I send it, it disappears and I can't find it.

Reactions: 3
USER 179098@FrannyBee/USER ??? This was part of a post I made weeks ago (before Christmas I think) so I don't know what happened. I often type a post and just before I send it, it disappears and I can't find it.
Don't we all!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What's going on? It wasn't even deleted 😂
d & A already sold in USA 🇺🇸 it’s the net work that will sue ....
Network clearly dint do enough R & D
Prior to purchase

that’s not a singular bee 🐝 coming
That’s the entire bee population coming for sir trotter

D & A can do silence of the lambs ...
Head down move forward ... darling have you made umbrellas ☔ yet ???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Trotter senior starting his own channel?

Re comments about lotll and come dine with me. People need to realise it’s for entertainment and scripted ie nothing is real.
I love ❤ a bit of pa pethericks

in fact I’d love an auld pint with him

so my name for his channel

gladiator
........ are you not entertained ❤

I’d hope at 76 I’m still working like him

• Heart
  • Haha
@ggyahoo each post/comment that has landed on their platform is documentary proof that the video aired on a public platform by MPK implied they were the wrong doers D&A , they will look at their over all audience & decide whether MPK is but a drop in the ocean & totally ignore him he is not worth the time of day nor the waste of time & money on a legal battle with "straw men", or, their brand is in bed with a lot of the main retailers in UK via Bellfield, that is who they will be speaking to this morning....because if there is breach of copyright they would be a main contender as it is them who produces all the soft furnishing range, I would guess they have used their own designers to create any other work since the 1st set & D&A endorse them, the you have C4 who have agreed to buy into the program..& any other global networks, they will apply the same thought pattern to them. But what we can be sure of they will be talking to some people today who will be top of the field in their game. In fact the forum here is futile we are a minority, chatting to each other converting the converted. His dirty vlog now has over 120k views plus previous ones which had 60/70 are now double his patreons are going up, unless we get the message to that audience alas we are flogging a dead horse. They have demonstrated in the dirty vlog the depths they will stoop to get a few quid & avoid work I hope D&A destroy them.
@MojoDublin @Jeeves @Sandton @ggyahoo are the foundations rocking...such a stupid statement they have spent the whole weekend encouraging people to comment ma ptk was even as bulshie to go on D&A insta using her own account to round up the troops she tagged the vlog many times, the message doesn't even start thank you for your support we appreciate it NO..OMG they are bad people. What arrived to them at the opening of business this morning I think that was posted 10.30am french clock. They have no respect what so ever for the people who are foolishly supporting them & they are so blinded they can't see it. Well he will certainly be depressed now because he has just opened an entire can of worms for himself, through greed...he won't be able to slip into creativity mode for 6 months..arrogance cannot replace intelligence.

• Heart

Looking at some of the photographs on the La Fleur Instagram page, SJ looking like the cat that swallowed the cream. I think the boobs hanging out of her dress were not meant to be appealing to Baby Phil, she might have her eye on a more sophisticated gentleman! Don't think you'll manage to score there, Steph - why on earth would he be tempted?😉. I think he's probably a little too clean cut and decent for you - definitely not your type.
She hasn't go big boobs so anytime they're as apparant as they are in that photograph it takes a concerted effort of wearing the right push up bra, so very deliberately getting the little knockers out in an attempt to get what I guess she might be hoping might be a slightly jaded husband to drool at her... that is such a pathetic attempt for attention, she has zero class. As for him not being her type, I'd say she is definitely not his type, try as she might to get him to put his eyes on her little tatas @@

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Allen

I don't think so @stefanieeee what kicked him off was the volume of posts from people saying they were going to pull the pin..he had to grab something sensational out of the bag it didnt matter who else got into bother as long as he still smells of scenty roses he doesn't give a damn
Deff agree I was a Patreon who saw the light and stopped some months ago

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I thought I would add my tuppence to the MP situation.

ETTC is produced by a production company whose only aim is to make a profitable series with spin offs to raise cash. Angel and Dick are the main characters in this series and they provide their château and allow the cameras to film different problems around their property. There is not enough viewable content so others are brought in. The beauty of this for the production company is they can get all this extra footage for free. In return many of the château owners have benefited by producing YouTube channels.

I don't know what happened over the wallpaper designs but I do know from bitter experience that there are some real sharks out there. I was approached by a production company which was behind producing a series with a household name. I was flattered and excited as I thought this might be the break and exposure I needed. The production company spent hours on the phone, video calls, coming to my home, filming etc. Each time I had to produce items for them to see - all out of my own pocket. Very quickly I was told they were thrilled with me and my items, they wanted to film part of the series in my home, using my props and producing my items with the household name "star". I was really excited.

A friend whispered a caution in my ear to be careful and asked if I had signed any contract - this made me stop and think - when they next contacted me asking me to make and take many of my items to a location for an end of series party again no mention of my expenses. I asked about the contract, it was brushed away saying that I could sign it at the party. This raised alarm bells and I insisted that we were to go any further I needed to see it.

Long story short - the contract was brutal - only my first name would be referred to, I had to sign over all copyright to my items, any photos, film etc of the interior of my home and props became their intellectual property and if anyone sued them for copyright over any of my items I would have to take legal responsibility.

I think there is a lot more to this MP design issue and I believe it's not just down to A and D - the production company I believe has a big hand in all of this as I don't think that the spin off wallpaper etc. profits are just going into A and D's pockets.

I think MP needs to think that perhaps with ETTC he would not have met the other château owners and perhaps would not have the exposure he has had. Its a shame he can't move on and build on the opportunity he's been given.
FYI D&A’s merch website is attributed to a company called The Chateau Publishing Limited. Angel is one of the directors, while the rest are the owners of a commercial printing company in Swindon.

As far as I can see, D&A have no formal stake in ETTC so whether or not they could have held sway to get rid of the Pethericks and potentially put SJ to the guillotine isn’t clear.

Reactions: 5
This was from fb
I wonder at what stage You Tube might step in?
this was from fb though, I try not to show the pics and names.I know it's public but still. People chose to post on Facebook and not here, so...

Haha, I wanted to look up their insta and did a quick search chateau +fleur and quite many came up. Once I saw the post below I knew I am right, this could be only Maries flowers. So it seems she has created herself a brand😂💐

Attachments

• Haha
@Allen

I don't think so @stefanieeee what kicked him off was the volume of posts from people saying they were going to pull the pin..he had to grab something sensational out of the bag it didnt matter who else got into bother as long as he still smells of scenty roses he doesn't give a damn
But if he started with the gran who passed away why didn’t he just keep going with that. Would have been a lot safer and over quicker. This saga can now go on for ages. Possibly consume his life for another year.

This was from fb
this was from fb though, I try not to show the pics and names.I know it's public but still. People chose to post on Facebook and not here, so...

Haha, I wanted to look up their insta and did a quick search chateau +fleur and quite many came up. Once I saw the post below I knew I am right, this could be only Maries flowers. So it seems she has created herself a brand😂💐
yes distinctively FRK

• Haha
Do they do weddings at Le Fleur in 'normal' times ? I am wondering if Marie is thinking she could work there if things don't work out for her in England. Chatea Le Fleur is close the channel for people travelling from England .

Exactly. Coming from a family of diagnosed celiacs you can't even share a toaster (ie gluten free bread). Everything kept seperate. It's a choice at La La Land, which is fine, however it is expensive. I would have thought as BJJ has extreme allergies he would be self sufficent in cooking for himself.
Agree.. if he was seriously allergic to all he says, he wouldn't be passing bags of nuts from the unpack n grab, and nut products to read the ingredients! He also would make his own food, on his own chopping board. They laugh about his allergies, so don't take them seriously! That could endanger his life!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.