The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally got to read what Sadie said, wow, shame on her and shame about the poor spelling, maybe that shows my age that I'm as concerned about it. Who is Mo and his connection to the Trotters? Saw him in her boring vlog about dogs, shopping and crepe making. Also spotted a Trotter behind Ryan, unless M got his hair cut I think it was Billy who hid as quickly as he could.

Reactions: 2
Is it possible that Gerrys house, which I think I heard said is ‘next to Isabelles’ house in Framingham, is owned by the Jarvis family (or a ‘trust’) that will ultimately revert or be inherited by LOTL ? That woman is sitting on millions of pounds of assets no matter which way you look at it.
Frenchessence Post 3663804 I've been thinking (or as Dear Brenda would say - I've been a tinkin' and a tinkin') - with over 40 years of dealing with Family Trusts, property trusts, debt structure and tax shelters, I reckon Mummy and Daddy bank rolled her original purchase of the share of lalaland with a proviso that accommodation for them would be provided/apartment created "in the future" when needed, but then Daddy died. She probably had Daddy wound around her little finger and her future plans were to pay up to Daddy and have Daddy look the other way when money was discussed. But when he died Mummy solely controlled the family fortune and of course Mummy can't be manipulated like Daddy. There is a definite frisson of tension between them and SJ's ott exhibitions of concern for Mummy every time a raindrop falls on her head, do not ring true. But she has to keep Mummy happy or Mummy may start looking at the Trust structure. So I reckon Mummy has a tight rein on the purse strings and the rule is "you got $$X for the purchase on the basis you had to make a go of it and the chateau has to self fund all expenses, renovations etc in the future" From the sound of it Grandmere was very elderly when she died - Isabelle is 80 and even if her mother was 16 - 18 when she married and had Isabelle (they married very young in those days) it sounds like she was in her mid to late 90's when she dies - so Isabelle has good genes, is mentally astute and is extremely fit when she's running around the garden, climbing into old bread ovens etc. SJ could be waiting a long, long time before fiscal security kicks in and even then Mummy could leave the family $$ tied up in trusts for quite a while - In the meantime she's seen how easy it is for the Patron money to keep rolling in and she's hooked on it and drawing others like MPK into her spider's web 'cos if everybody's doing it, it takes the heat off her and she looks squeaky clean and just taking care of renovations and keeping the promises she's made to the Patrons.

Frenchessence Post 3663804 I've been thinking (or as Dear Brenda would say - I've been a tinkin' and a tinkin') - with over 40 years of dealing with Family Trusts, property trusts, debt structure and tax shelters, I reckon Mummy and Daddy bank rolled her original purchase of the share of lalaland with a proviso that accommodation for them would be provided/apartment created "in the future" when needed, but then Daddy died. She probably had Daddy wound around her little finger and her future plans were to pay** up to Daddy and have Daddy look the other way when money was discussed. But when he died Mummy solely controlled the family fortune and of course Mummy can't be manipulated like Daddy. There is a definite frisson of tension between them and SJ's ott exhibitions of concern for Mummy every time a raindrop falls on her head, do not ring true. But she has to keep Mummy happy or Mummy may start looking at the Trust structure. So I reckon Mummy has a tight rein on the purse strings and the rule is "you got $$X for the purchase on the basis you had to make a go of it and the chateau has to self fund all expenses, renovations etc in the future" From the sound of it Grandmere was very elderly when she died - Isabelle is 80 and even if her mother was 16 - 18 when she married and had Isabelle (they married very young in those days) it sounds like she was in her mid to late 90's when she dies - so Isabelle has good genes, is mentally astute and is extremely fit when she's running around the garden, climbing into old bread ovens etc. SJ could be waiting a long, long time before fiscal security kicks in and even then Mummy could leave the family $$ tied up in trusts for quite a while - In the meantime she's seen how easy it is for the Patron money to keep rolling in and she's hooked on it and drawing others like MPK into her spider's web 'cos if everybody's doing it, it takes the heat off her and she looks squeaky clean and just taking care of renovations and keeping the promises she's made to the Patrons.
** play up not pay up

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow, only go offline for 36hours and so much to catch up on!

One little bit to add re MP saga. He states they’re his designs (which I do not doubt) but where did the ideas come from? If the whole idea for the designs were not his does he ‘own them’? Did he just merely draw another persons vision.

Compare it to say the Beatles (you all know the Beatles). They had the ‘idea’ for their music (and words) but what if they couldn’t write the music down and someone else wrote it down for them? Who does it belong to?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m concerned about cross contamination in that kitchen!
Exactly. Coming from a family of diagnosed celiacs you can't even share a toaster (ie gluten free bread). Everything kept seperate. It's a choice at La La Land, which is fine, however it is expensive. I would have thought as BJJ has extreme allergies he would be self sufficent in cooking for himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know this is off topic but I'm new here so haven't figured everything out. I was reading through some of the old threads and the mysterious Mason popped up a few times. I have always wondered about him. When one of the posts mentioned he was a sun gazer I just had to look that up. Sure enough this is what I found written about him: "Mason Howe Dwinell is one of the most seriously crazy people in the US, and imagine the competition for that title! Dwinell is an acupuncturist, though more notably he is perhaps the US’s most prominent promoter of … sungazing, the seriously crazy and appallingly dangerous idea that humans can absorb the sun's energy directly and efficiently through their eyes by staring into the sun for extended periods of time." It all makes sense now! SJ attracts some real loons probably because she is one herself!
Hahaha I thought of that other sun gazing where you are naked and on your back outside and you grab your feet in your hands and pull your legs back so your anus can absorb the sun lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I
Wow, only go offline for 36hours and so much to catch up on!

One little bit to add re MP saga. He states they’re his designs (which I do not doubt) but where did the ideas come from? If the whole idea for the designs were not his does he ‘own them’? Did he just merely draw another persons vision.

Compare it to say the Beatles (you all know the Beatles). They had the ‘idea’ for their music (and words) but what if they couldn’t write the music down and someone else wrote it down for them? Who does it belong to?
I don't watch D&A at all, I only know she has red hair, but I believe it was like this:
MP was working as a makeup artist when A came to his shed to get her shrill lipstick fixed.
Enter A sighing:
M: What's up?
A: My wrist hurts from all the painting I am doing. I have this spot where I want to have some bees but I just can't do it. I have a migraine coming.
M: Oh, I might have a look, I am myself a bit of an artist.
A: Sure, honey, why not? Just come up later once you finished the bride.

Later at the crime scene:

M: I see where you are stuck. Do you want me to draw the bee? I have my coffee break anyway.
A: Sure, why not? If you don't MIND?

M paints a bee.

A: Oh, that's really nice, but I don't know if I can do it.
M: I could do it, I like drawing. My sister could do the others brides.
A: OK, great idea. You know what? I pay you the same 12 Euros per hour like for the makeup job, OK?
M: Great, I would even do it for free because I love it so much.

A: Cool, so we have a deal, right?

Weeks later

A: Michael, it is so annoying but I need you to sign this. I had the great idea to make some pillows out of MY DESIGNS and now they want me to confirm that's OK with you to print your bee. Just sign below. Take your time and read all the 126 pages, please. Btw, I pay you 13 Euros per hour since you have done such a good job.

M: Wow, so generous. Naaa, just go ahead, I am fine.
Fine

I know this is off topic but I'm new here so haven't figured everything out. I was reading through some of the old threads and the mysterious Mason popped up a few times. I have always wondered about him. When one of the posts mentioned he was a sun gazer I just had to look that up. Sure enough this is what I found written about him: "Mason Howe Dwinell is one of the most seriously crazy people in the US, and imagine the competition for that title! Dwinell is an acupuncturist, though more notably he is perhaps the US’s most prominent promoter of … sungazing, the seriously crazy and appallingly dangerous idea that humans can absorb the sun's energy directly and efficiently through their eyes by staring into the sun for extended periods of time." It all makes sense now! SJ attracts some real loons probably because she is one herself!
nothing is off topic if it concerns SJ😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Frenchessence Post 3663804 I've been thinking (or as Dear Brenda would say - I've been a tinkin' and a tinkin') - with over 40 years of dealing with Family Trusts, property trusts, debt structure and tax shelters, I reckon Mummy and Daddy bank rolled her original purchase of the share of lalaland with a proviso that accommodation for them would be provided/apartment created "in the future" when needed, but then Daddy died. She probably had Daddy wound around her little finger and her future plans were to pay up to Daddy and have Daddy look the other way when money was discussed. But when he died Mummy solely controlled the family fortune and of course Mummy can't be manipulated like Daddy. There is a definite frisson of tension between them and SJ's ott exhibitions of concern for Mummy every time a raindrop falls on her head, do not ring true. But she has to keep Mummy happy or Mummy may start looking at the Trust structure. So I reckon Mummy has a tight rein on the purse strings and the rule is "you got $$X for the purchase on the basis you had to make a go of it and the chateau has to self fund all expenses, renovations etc in the future" From the sound of it Grandmere was very elderly when she died - Isabelle is 80 and even if her mother was 16 - 18 when she married and had Isabelle (they married very young in those days) it sounds like she was in her mid to late 90's when she dies - so Isabelle has good genes, is mentally astute and is extremely fit when she's running around the garden, climbing into old bread ovens etc. SJ could be waiting a long, long time before fiscal security kicks in and even then Mummy could leave the family $$ tied up in trusts for quite a while - In the meantime she's seen how easy it is for the Patron money to keep rolling in and she's hooked on it and drawing others like MPK into her spider's web 'cos if everybody's doing it, it takes the heat off her and she looks squeaky clean and just taking care of renovations and keeping the promises she's made to the Patrons.

** play up not pay up
I think there is a lot of merit in what you are suggesting. I could never understand IJ's role in major decisions or SJ seeking her opinion or defering to what IJ says. I thought it was a security thing as Nic & MP aren't there and she trusts her mum. However it would make sense if mummy controls release of funds or an allowance. Watch vlog 36. Massive cleanup if outbuildings SJ's delight and gratitude is very sincere. Also it would explain her "bossiness".

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can I just say, after watching but not watching Sadie Trotters latest attempt to grandeur, I feel for SJ, having put al her cards in the apparent wrong place. I get it why she's not supporting that family any longer....

S
Well as many has pointed out, she never stated anything about Dick & Angel. Rather she was pointing fingers at Tattle.Life, probably hoping some of the more devoted fans would take jabs at all of us. Yet, curiously no superfan has entered - as far as I know - only people who were critical of SJ & MPK have come and found a space to vent...
Haha, SJ has no problems with D and A, why would she? She wants to appear in the next season again.
She knows how to keep important people pleased. D&A are already invited to take part in the next dining context.

Hahaha I thought of that other sun gazing where you are naked and on your back outside and you grab your feet in your hands and pull your legs back so your anus can absorb the sun lol
Is this from Kamasutra? 😂

Y
Look MP is not that naive he was advertising a game June's Journey.
One quote I just searched. To test market. Putting that christmas card of the kitchen on 100 mugs would cost USD1200. Sell them for USD25 postage sep; cost each nets USD2500, profit 1300. It is not that bloody difficult
Yeah, but you remember how hard it was for him to buy (and pay) the stamps for the Xmas cards? Imagine wrapping up mugs😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Can I just say, after watching but not watching Sadie Trotters latest attempt to grandeur, I feel for SJ, having put al her cards in the apparent wrong place. I get it why she's not supporting that family any longer....
It's just all so embarrassing, isn't it?

Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="66carola, post: 3665178, member: .
She knows how to keep important people pleased. D&A are already invited to take part in the next dining context.
[/QUOTE]

If she invites D&A to take part she won’t be able to ask the Pethericks. Can’t see Angel dining at Chateau Basmaignee any time soon. 😁

Which is a pity because Dick would probably win with his Master Chef experience - and a tablecloth with a potagier design, of course.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Groan.... I might now have to watch/not watch just to see this...

Reactions: 3
Exactly. Coming from a family of diagnosed celiacs you can't even share a toaster (ie gluten free bread). Everything kept seperate. It's a choice at La La Land, which is fine, however it is expensive. I would have thought as BJJ has extreme allergies he would be self sufficent in cooking for himself.
If I had that many allergies I wouldn’t let anyone touch my food!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's a shame to hear that she is inviting Anna and Philip from Chateau La Fleur at Honfleur to their Come Dine With Me. They really would be wise to stay away from the circus of Lalande and Basmaignee.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Maybe a bit off-topic. Sadie lives in the original stables, for a family who loves horses (and presumably owned them), why didn't they keep the stables as they were and bought a pair of horses... there is money to be made from horses. 🧐 🤔

was so surprised by this week's patreon video! the updates SJ showed should've been in the CD videos! I miss the progress from over the summer :/ they found fossils in one of the stone slabs!

also very tired of the dinners and parties - new to tattle but glad I am not alone in feeling like this
I am tired, too. I wonder why she does not focus on the loo. Showing all the litte bits is not fun. Before she would finish a project , film it and show the process.

We know only one side, who knows what exactly happened. I mean, there are boring, just looking cute is not enough. Maybe they found another gay to fill in the quota? I could also imagine they were not reliable enough. Maybe if dad would have been the one to show up

Reactions: 2
I just watched if you can call it that as finger rapidly tapping screen to fast forward - Jesus crying out loud really? Really? Vlog 4 and it’s Sadie playing with the dogs and shopping in the supermarket. My head is exploding at the absolute banality of it and people LIKE it and comment???? What is wrong with people. I did stop and watch when I saw her fondling a tin of tea... and guess what... she’s started her begging campaign - paraphrasing here but something like “Sadly I don’t have any fancy cups like Michael has, sadly no Spode here, (uses sadly twice just in case the gullibles missed it the first time) and Michael has lent me his tea strainer“ (close up of silver tea strainer)... As the title here goes, Carry On Grifting!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
You have found the real reason for SJ’s visit, who is always looking for talented people to ‘befriend’, so she can wheel in free stuff through her charm. Of course she’s bringing the free workforce, the minions/slaves she thoroughly corrupted before by promises of entourage benefits. Hope the couple sees throug the cheap con quickly!
Her lovely husband is also a professional film maker , hence the high quality vlog right from the get go .:)
I was so disappointed to see SJ had visited and that they have also started a Patreon account. :confused:
The chateau is lovely and the vlogs fun and not too long . They definately have a handle on doing the renovation in the correct order .... heating as a priority!
I think they have the makings of being the most successful of them all . :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.