The Chateau Diaries #119 narcissist harlot prancing from continent to continent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After sharing my crap week with a friend today, she “talked me off the ledge” over Ukraine and suggested I sign off of Tattle Life with less drama. As usual, she was right. So now that my head is clear, and because this forum really has been a gift to me I want to explain my rather drama-fueled sign-off. I’m not being hyperbolic when I say that my time at Lalande was traumatic. I’ve been beating myself up over it for months. So, yes, I got hot under the collar when I read the comment “who in gawd’s name would want to visit let alone pay money to stay…”. And then the follow-up comment “Ummmm…well missartimis paid to stay there” seemed to suggest that I was an idiot for doing so. The truth is, I WAS an idiot for staying there. I’ve traveled all over the world and not everywhere has been as advertised, but this place was a special kind of awful, like nothing I’ve ever experienced. And I just couldn’t put my finger on why it was so upsetting until I found this forum. I’ve wanted to visit rural France for a long time and because of covid decided I should pick one spot and stay there rather than expose myself to numerous risks. (I also stayed at La Prarie L’etoile down the road because it was outside.) Thankfully the rest of my trip, sans car accident, was brilliant. So, to Ky Bourbon, I’m sorry I flipped my lid. I had read some comments on Tattle Life from around the time I was there and some were not kind, such as comparing guests to Sex in the City girls 30 years later, dreadful women at the birthday party, etc. (I actually was not in that episode). And on the prior thread I had been chastised for referring to La Chartre as a “hamlet” rather than a town, and being wrong about my assessment of economics in rural France, (massive eye roll)….Anyway, I have friends in Eastern Europe and am very concerned about how events are unfolding over there, and it all got to be a bit much. So full disclosure, I stayed at the farm for 9 days during the filming of the CD diaries episodes Doing It Ourselves on October 5th and Cat’s Leaving the Chateau Oct 3rd. Fanny didn’t want me on camera, at all, so all you can see of me is the right side of my head for less than a second at 27:33 of the Doing It Ourselves video (I'm the blonde with the pink glasses). That’s it. I will probably drop in to chat in the future, but honestly, the CD is more than I can stomach right now. I wish you all well and thank you for being so supportive of me as I vented here. And please be kind. I’m actually a pretty tough cookie, but some people aren’t.
Narcissists can have a huge impact on people they interact with, especially if you're unaware of ehat they are. They put you on the back foot, leave you confused, fill you with self doubt, and can even make you think you're loosing it. The trauma caused can take months or even years to recover from, for some it leaves a lasting scar. I hope you find peace with it all, you seem like a very kind lady. If you do drop in again i for one would be pleased tomhear your insights. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What's your definition of mean & harsh?

View attachment 1093331
Hmm @QuebecQueen i think this is my comment you replied to? Btw trying to confuse and turn the thread into chaos is a joke by itself, People here are knowledgable, educated, rational, and PISSED on that snob of a woman who don't even give a damn about you! Lisen i pity you for being gullible and impressionable, i think you wanted impress fanny and that cranky azz brenda that you "successfully diluted" the "hate site". THERE will be a time that the charlatan will suffer to her consequences believe me!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
GoldenLady @isabelle Jarvis I hope you can work your magic and heart with the chapel restorer. If anyone can ask him to return, it would be you dear Isabells.
Funny that they mentioned the chapel restorer. I've been trying to figure out what happened there, as the man seemed keen and Stephanie Jarvis' excuses more and more far fetched. I've asked my eyes and ears and there are many theories circulating, but the one I have heard the most and seems most likely to me involves....funding. Apparently the chapel restorer has been keeping his eye out on stuff to complete Stephanie Jarvis defamed chapel, like antique chandeliers and religious items. In addition to the free labour he has offered, he has asked her for a budget to be able to purchase these items and she has neglected to answer and when she finally did she has told the old man that she does not have the money at the moment, but she would pay him later. This has created annoyance with the chapel restorer who has told her he will only start when she does have the funding in order. She obviously can't publicly admit the delay is because of her crooked priorities (let's party in Venice instead!), so she came up with the fabrications about his health and with those putting the poor man in an unfavorable light as if he can't be trusted.
It will be interesting to see how quickly Stephanie Jarvis, after reading this here, will try to debunk these facts by magically and mysteriously locating the funds needed so the restoration everybody was waiting for can finally begin. You're welcome, dear, problem solved.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I think its sad to watch this relationship play out on a vlog anyway. I enjoyed mummie in the beginning of CD, but it soon became clear that their relationship was toxic. They bring out the worst in each other and I think Stephanie Jarvis enjoys making her mom look like a villain. JMHO.
I have to agree. Stephanie Jarvis of the Chateau de Lalande, the Chateau Diaries and Chateau Unwrapped has placed herself in a position to take out a lifetime of toxicity on mummy now. As nasty as IJ can be the look on her face when a blow lands is incredibly sad.

Reactions: 8
SURE, 🤔🤥🤫...
The Venice party was for a 40th birthday, a 40th wedding anniversary and a 25th wedding anniversary. Wow, and that was the guest list. Stephanie Jarvis is trying to justify the expense. We see you and it is not a good look. TICK TOCK 💣

from IG...
@stephanieejarvis
1 week ago
I’m in my happy place - Venice, the most beautiful city in the world. I used to try to come here every winter, but hadn’t managed to make it for the last couple of years because of Covid restrictions. Now many Lalanders and friends have come together to celebrate Nati’s 40th birthday and my aunt and uncle’s 40th wedding anniversary during carnival, and it’s glorious! I’m even managing to film with Ollie for our new travel channel which should launch this spring 🎉

from CD's 2/27/22 comments...
Andrea Catzel
7 hours ago
Happy Birthday Nati! What a glorious way to celebrate. Thank you to Filippo for a superb tour of your magnificent Palazzo. Brilliant filming, Philip ….and Stephanie, thank you so much for this incredible vlog. You’re a consummate interviewer. Huge congrats to the beautiful Vivienne and Simon on their 25th Anniversary. Adore Curtis finding something Egyptian…..looking forward to seeing you all in Verona. You all looked fabulous! I didn’t want this episode to finish! Much love to you all.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I must be missing something why is it "courageous" to talk about facts of what it is really like to stay at Lalande ? If what is being said is an opinion / experience of how you were treated, the state of the place and how far from what you were expecting it was then just say so. We are talking about a few days holiday out of your life, no one is held prisoner there, if it can upset anyone so much that they need therapy I suggest they refrain from travelling as far far worse things, traumas, illness, debts, loss and worry on a daily basis for millions is their life, not the privilege of being able to go on holiday let alone an "expensive" holiday to some farmhouse in rural France where you expect to drink Champagne and eat Caviar and dance around the kitchen.
Under normal circumstances, I would agree. However, on this occasion, a lady travelling alone, experiencing a road traffic accident en route, I think it would be quite acceptable, some might say normal, to arrive at your destination feeling more than a little emotional and probably quite shocked.
I wonder how resilient any of us would feel under these circumstances.
You might reasonably expect that having arrived at the HMW and explaining the situation, you might be greeted with, "Are you hurt?", "Can I get you a cup of tea?", "How can we help you?" and certainly not the reception she seems to have received. Isn't that what we would expect from a reputable establishment?
No matter how upset she was with the conditions she found herself in, I don't imagine that she felt up to a battle with a hostile "manager" and "staff". She tells us that she was left without her car and we know that transport is not easily available in that area.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
SURE, 🤔🤥🤫...
The Venice party was for a 40th birthday, a 40th wedding anniversary and a 25th wedding anniversary. Wow, and that was the guest list. Stephanie Jarvis is trying to justify the expense. We see you and it is not a good look. TICK TOCK 💣

from IG...
@stephanieejarvis
1 week ago
I’m in my happy place - Venice, the most beautiful city in the world. I used to try to come here every winter, but hadn’t managed to make it for the last couple of years because of Covid restrictions. Now many Lalanders and friends have come together to celebrate Nati’s 40th birthday and my aunt and uncle’s 40th wedding anniversary during carnival, and it’s glorious! I’m even managing to film with Ollie for our new travel channel which should launch this spring 🎉

from CD's 2/27/22 comments...
Andrea Catzel
7 hours ago
Happy Birthday Nati! What a glorious way to celebrate. Thank you to Filippo for a superb tour of your magnificent Palazzo. Brilliant filming, Philip ….and Stephanie, thank you so much for this incredible vlog. You’re a consummate interviewer. Huge congrats to the beautiful Vivienne and Simon on their 25th Anniversary. Adore Curtis finding something Egyptian…..looking forward to seeing you all in Verona. You all looked fabulous! I didn’t want this episode to finish! Much love to you all.
Consumate Interviewer? That has to be one of the most awkward interviews I had the misfortune to watch.
Egyptian finds: Hardly the find of the Century. Maybe he confines himself to channeling whichever ghost Madame Arcati aligns herself to.
Madame Aracati -looked resplendent this evening with the Ostrich feathers on her head. I can imagine the cosy wee seance later on in the evening. I felt the Blithe spirit vibes , as the lalanders desperately tried to Channel the party atmosphere. Two replica Egyptian fag trays isn't my idea of a party. Even the mysterious honking and Tonking on the piano, didn't quite conjure them up. Nothing to it but to get drunk and pretend. Oliver tried bless him, but the old nose Gag went on too long-ask Philip, his nostrils will tell you all you needed to know about the weird stench of a YT channel that is not just about DIY.

Verona: I sincerely hope there is no warbling in the amphitheater.

Another classic Vlog- brought to us all by Smoke and Mirror productions. Funded by- Who knows? 🤑

• Haha
  • Wow
Actually, she did mind. She minded heaps, then changed her mind back and forward again. Sweet with a tendency to dither. Tomorrow she may ask me to delete. Who knows. Then she'll probably go away and gnaw with concern that those who visit will have a less than wonderful experience. (Sheesh! Had to write and delete this response twice now thanks to my grabby cat on my lap!) My friend said she liked Natti, and thought she was fun and charming during the brief times she saw her. She found Stephanie fake ("looks an awful lot older than she says she is") and she disliked the volunteer's with a vengeance.
She passed the Nati test! Let her know she was lucky. You don't want to fail the Nati test.
[/QUOTE]

■ I'm quite new to watching chateau related nonsense; I haven't quite figured out who's who in the CD vlogs, so I've a lot of catching up to do. I didn't think to ask my friend Stephanie (no relation) what room she stayed in. She did say however, that most places were "out of bounds" including the chateau itself (except during meal times), the woods maybe because of ongoing hedgehog hunting - tree lopping I suppose, Amorey/Amury/Amaury's - however it's freaking spelled- workshop, the tennis court because apparently it's a tripping hazard (?), any area filming was taking place - including the front of the chateau, the terrace, the moat area and the lake boundary due to land slippage. Everything else was locked up tight. She said Natti giggled a lot, SJ was harried, looked haggard, super busy all the time and half drunk most the time (slurring words). She was forever running late for some important meeting or conference or wotnot, and it felt like avoidance. Stephanie (no relation) wasn't asked for proof of vaccinations. She asked for a bottle of wine she'd bought locally to be chilled and some underling took it as a gift and it was never seen again. She didn't like to say anything. I'd have have demanded even if it only cost €1.00. Philip wears high heeled boots with skinny jeans (shudders) and dyes his hair (but I can see that for myself in the vlogs). She suspects him of being a "snowdropper" - something which, to my great amusement, played out when he had his head stuck up that woman's arse in the latest video. She's deleted all her gushing (somewhat) sycophantic comments from the vlogs, unsubscribed and is going to stay at Versailles next time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I may well do soon. I am trying to gather enthusiasm to 'do me roots' once more. It's a real chore these days.
When I was growing out an all over colour I had highlights/lowlights?added to make the growing out less painful. Eventually I let it all grow out and then my hairdresser used blonde and another colour to highlight the white. Fortunately I took these selfies which is why they are slightly blurry and you can’t see my face 😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Stephen Cole and Sara Phillips at Chateau Saint Germain des Pres have their free labor making meals. I am certain the volunteers are also doing laundry and household chores. Wow, these grifters are really feeling themselves. They must be so heady from their Venice trip and having free help. Next up, a patron account??? It for sure is coming.

Help
We would like help with day to day cooking, chores (dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc), and property maintenance (gardening, woodcutting, bramble clearing, etc).

1646053381102.png

@incabellablog
2 hours ago
The beautiful Chateau Saint Germain des Pres. Congratulations to Sara & Steve the owners of this beautiful fairytale chateau. This little hidden gem, tucked away in the Dordogne countryside is where Marie and I have had three wonderful days. Thank you to them both and their lovely volunteers Clementine & Sven for their wonderful food and company. I’ll be sure to return. Merci 😘 Plus photos of our delightful day out in Sarlat, somewhere I’ve always wanted to go. Merci beaucoup 😘

@chateaudesaintgermaindespres
3 hours ago
@mariewiik1 fleurs pour le petit déjeuner !
#floral #flowerarrangement #floralarrangement #roses #bouquetdefleurs #bouquet #bouquetofflowers #rununculus #chateau #chateaulife #fleurs #beautifulmorning #petitdejeuner #breakfast

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Stephen Cole and Sara Phillips at Chateau Saint Germain des Pres have their free labor making meals. I am certain the volunteers are also doing laundry and household chores. Wow, these grifters are really feeling themselves. They must be so heady from their Venice trip and having free help. Next up, a patron account??? It for sure is coming.

Help
We would like help with day to day cooking, chores (dishes, laundry, cleaning, etc), and property maintenance (gardening, woodcutting, bramble clearing, etc).

View attachment 1093375
@incabellablog
2 hours ago
The beautiful Chateau Saint Germain des Pres. Congratulations to Sara & Steve the owners of this beautiful fairytale chateau. This little hidden gem, tucked away in the Dordogne countryside is where Marie and I have had three wonderful days. Thank you to them both and their lovely volunteers Clementine & Sven for their wonderful food and company. I’ll be sure to return. Merci 😘 Plus photos of our delightful day out in Sarlat, somewhere I’ve always wanted to go. Merci beaucoup 😘

3 hours ago
#floral #flowerarrangement #floralarrangement #roses #bouquetdefleurs #bouquet #bouquetofflowers #rununculus #chateau #chateaulife #fleurs #beautifulmorning #petitdejeuner #breakfast
their lovely volunteers Clementine & Sven for their wonderful food“

Sven? Don’t tell me that.. could it be? Is it Superfan Sven from last year? The Görman who commented that he likes Steffi’s singing but doesn’t like her daddy’s paintings?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
their lovely volunteers Clementine & Sven for their wonderful food“

Sven? Don’t tell me that.. could it be? Is it Superfan Sven from last year? The Görman who commented that he likes Steffi’s singing but doesn’t like her daddy’s paintings?
No, Clementine is a fan of No Manners and Fakers. Sven, is her partner along for the ride. Sara and Steve introduced them in their flog before leaving for Italy.

Reactions: 9

Help

View attachment 1093375
@incabellablog
2 hours ago

3 hours ago
I've never had ranunculus for breakfast before. Does it come with eggs, bacon and sausage?

Edit to add- if she is going to make a hash(tag) out of it learn to spell it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I've never had ranunculus for breakfast before. Does it come with eggs, bacon and sausage?

Edit to add- if she is going to make a hash(tag) out of it learn to spell it.
I thought they must be saving money off the food bill or something got lost in translation to the volunteers about what was expected of their cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Funny that they mentioned the chapel restorer. I've been trying to figure out what happened there, as the man seemed keen and Stephanie Jarvis' excuses more and more far fetched. I've asked my eyes and ears and there are many theories circulating, but the one I have heard the most and seems most likely to me involves....funding. Apparently the chapel restorer has been keeping his eye out on stuff to complete Stephanie Jarvis defamed chapel, like antique chandeliers and religious items. In addition to the free labour he has offered, he has asked her for a budget to be able to purchase these items and she has neglected to answer and when she finally did she has told the old man that she does not have the money at the moment, but she would pay him later. This has created annoyance with the chapel restorer who has told her he will only start when she does have the funding in order. She obviously can't publicly admit the delay is because of her crooked priorities (let's party in Venice instead!), so she came up with the fabrications about his health and with those putting the poor man in an unfavorable light as if he can't be trusted.
It will be interesting to see how quickly Stephanie Jarvis, after reading this here, will try to debunk these facts by magically and mysteriously locating the funds needed so the restoration everybody was waiting for can finally begin. You're welcome, dear, problem solved.
I have always felt all these excuses seem off somehow. What you are saying makes total sense and in the grand scheme of things very believable. Good on the restorer to not pay from his pocket. The cheek of that woman When the labor is free. She even had the ordacity in one of the vlogs to offer to pay him because she had money now. 😡

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.