The Chateau Diaries #119 narcissist harlot prancing from continent to continent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here is some more info in his own words.šŸ˜‚
No qualified or serious academic would write anything like that featuring Celine Dion and Conchita Wurst! He also has a very odd way of using capital letters! He says he's a very private person, yet shows a lot of himself and his husband on YT and parties with La Jarvis! A pity he can't see what a fool he's making of himself as his manner in his vlogs is much more watchable than that of some others we know, and his husband seems pleasant and intelligent.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The only one I know who was AWOL is Billy Petherick, Army deserter šŸ˜„ Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary! šŸ‘
Thankyou. So many posts since i was last up to date which was why I asked. We're told Ian has hernia problems but he's been gone ages so assumed he had sidled off somewhere :)

So again lurking for a long time and not posting. I can't help feeling so angry on behalf of those that have posted stories of their experiences as paying guests (Patreons). What appalling behaviour! Maybe it is realistic to be aware that you are booking into an old house in the middle of rural France and not a five star hotel in a city or near a city or even in the countryside. (I'm back pedalling like mad here!). So the place might have a certain degree of 'rustic charm' and whatever that entails. BUT that is no excuse for downright bad manners and ignoring paying guests. The lady with the car crash story would have got more assistance at a Travelodge on the M1 (that's a large motorway that spans the length if England for our friends overseas!). And they only charge Ā£40 (ish). a night. How much do they charge for this disgusting service I wonder? A whole apartment for a week, that's a lot of dosh!!! I hope the protagonists in this story have read it and feel suitably ashamed of themselves. It's pretty typical of immature people (Phiphi and Nutti) to get so carried away with themselves and to also take advantage of someone that might be showing a degree of fan like admiration. A more professional and mature person would have seen past any of that crap and helped out a fellow person irrespective of how much dosh that had given them. It would serve them well to remember without people giving them their money, they would be on their arse ends. But what's more distressing is that these people had already given them dosh and gifts and paid for the questionable privilege of being there amongst the dust and hostility. I feel so angry on their behalf that I would almost want to drive there the next time I visit my house in France and give them a bloody good kicking. But I won't because a) they are not worth my time, b) I'm not going to wast my fuel and c) they wouldn't even notice there were being told off would they? Horrible, horrible people. I bet the people in the village dislike them as much as we do. Rant over. Back to my day job!!!
I'm way behind but had read the post you refer to. It doesnt make any sense to me at all that people would go there, be treated like that and not make any formal complaints of any description. Doesnt ring true to me. I can understand the place being a bit below usual standards of a travel lodge but saying or doing nothing when spoken to as stated sorry i dont believe it would be accepted and they would continue their stay there,

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
@lolair Out of curiosity, did your friend leave a review of her terrible experience on social media anywhere? Travelocity, Booking.com, etc.? Many of us here have looked at guest reviews of the farmhouse and the ones in English are ā€œglowing.ā€ Wondering if she left an honest review and it was possibly deleted? šŸ¤” Or did she not write one? (If it had been me, I certainly would have!!!)
Sorry Ky, no idea. Have sent a text to ask. šŸ™‚

Reactions: 5
Dearest @ploppityplop2 darling. This new thread was mine ā€¦. Just sayin šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜‰šŸ‘šŸ»

If this story is to be believed ā€¦ā€¦ then itā€™s outrageous!!!! Iā€™d have told the underling to stop immediately, who instructed her to take pictures, demand to see the pictures on her phone. Then demand she carry my bags downstairs for me. Demand to see nutcase nutty to inform her to expect my attorney to contact her for infringement of my personal privacy.
How dare they.
Oh sorry I was just congratulating the new VIP! However great title for the new thread @aprĆØs-le-dĆ©luge šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 2
I am in the hairdresser's chair every four weeks (with gap getting shorter). I'm not brave enough to let it go yet with one family wedding later this year and possibly another approaching I don't want to be a badger MOB/MOG. I think there will be colours I will no longer suit if I go from brunette to grey, anyone else find this.
Yes. I let my hair go for months, and the grey didn't suit my complexion at all. If it was silvery or even white, I think I would like it.

No qualified or serious academic would write anything like that featuring Celine Dion and Conchita Wurst! He also has a very odd way of using capital letters! He says he's a very private person, yet shows a lot of himself and his husband on YT and parties with La Jarvis! A pity he can't see what a fool he's making of himself as his manner in his vlogs is much more watchable than that of some others we know, and his husband seems pleasant and intelligent.
Like Snorts....young and unsophisticated.

I already answered (#753) that it was my bad. I was confused and thought about their other cat, the brother of Ziggy (Ruby) who was named Stardust. Ziggy ran away on the day he was supposed to go to the vet.
Intelligent kitty cat!

Reactions: 10
A small round applause goes to...

Oh! And this response with a reply from the snippy little snowdropper...

His response fits with what that poster said on Facebook in some of my previous screen shots. They really don't care what people think. Silly silly boy!!

Reactions: 8
I was just wondering how you make payment at the Chateau LaLande. Do they accept credit cards? It seems they are running more than a bnb.
It puts me more in mind of a tatty French brothel, than a BnB.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
His response fits with what that poster said on Facebook in some of my previous screen shots. They really don't care what people think. Silly silly boy!!
I thought I was quite worldly wise but I find my self so often having to Google what people say on here, I am getting a whole new vocabulary that I will never use, but interesting to learn !

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Arrested Development. The Stephanie Jarvis Story.
What goes on inside the head of t
he 47-year old Disney Princess wannabe?

Makes one wonder: how did this woman's parents raise her?

View attachment 1092641

Some of us look grown-up but aren't. We walk around with suits and briefcases and car keys and annuities. But inside, we are five. Ten. Twelve. Sixteen. We sit in boardrooms, travel the world, even write books. But we are kids, still playing dress-up, playing house. Our bodies matured but our minds did not. Now ā€” playing catch-up, playing spy ā€” we feel left out of the adult world, certain that our would-be peers are whispering behind our backs, or speaking in a code we do not know.

See? What a childish fear, right there: They're all talking in code!

We are the ones at whom others have hissed "Grow up!" so many times that we now tune it out. They call us flighty, scatterbrained, irresponsible, illogical, impatient. Here's another word for it: We're immature. We are stuck in the past, not usually by choice but because, like dud popcorn kernels or bonsai trees, we failed to grow. The ones who were supposed to show us how to grow did not. They did not know or were not there. Or traumas held us in their grip. Portals inscribed with mystical initiation signs glimmered, awaiting us, but no: We wandered back the other way or balked. We're stuck.

Can childishness be fixed? Perhaps. Should it? Well, is it hurting anyone? The childish are not well-suited to parenthood or high-stress jobs. The downsides loom. The fears. Imagine wanting to hide under beds. Imagine wanting to flee down the street in sneakers, to the swing set, to the sand, while juggling house payments and wearing bifocals. It's hard.

Excerpts from
Arrested Development

Some of us look grown-up but aren't.
By S. Rufus
Posted December 18, 2008, Psychology Today
If she wasnā€™t scamming people though. šŸ™„

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I don't think Mummy wants to go back there .... she hated the messy renos the first time around and can see on the vlogs that it is a huge mess again ... if I were her at her age I'd use every excuse I had to not return to the HMN.
At her age I wouldn't do anything I don't want to, actually I don't do it in99% already in my age
After sharing my crap week with a friend today, she ā€œtalked me off the ledgeā€ over Ukraine and suggested I sign off of Tattle Life with less drama. As usual, she was right. So now that my head is clear, and because this forum really has been a gift to me I want to explain my rather drama-fueled sign-off. Iā€™m not being hyperbolic when I say that my time at Lalande was traumatic. Iā€™ve been beating myself up over it for months. So, yes, I got hot under the collar when I read the comment ā€œwho in gawdā€™s name would want to visit let alone pay money to stayā€¦ā€. And then the follow-up comment ā€œUmmmmā€¦well missartimis paid to stay thereā€ seemed to suggest that I was an idiot for doing so. The truth is, I WAS an idiot for staying there. Iā€™ve traveled all over the world and not everywhere has been as advertised, but this place was a special kind of awful, like nothing Iā€™ve ever experienced. And I just couldnā€™t put my finger on why it was so upsetting until I found this forum. Iā€™ve wanted to visit rural France for a long time and because of covid decided I should pick one spot and stay there rather than expose myself to numerous risks. (I also stayed at La Prarie Lā€™etoile down the road because it was outside.) Thankfully the rest of my trip, sans car accident, was brilliant. So, to Ky Bourbon, Iā€™m sorry I flipped my lid. I had read some comments on Tattle Life from around the time I was there and some were not kind, such as comparing guests to Sex in the City girls 30 years later, dreadful women at the birthday party, etc. (I actually was not in that episode). And on the prior thread I had been chastised for referring to La Chartre as a ā€œhamletā€ rather than a town, and being wrong about my assessment of economics in rural France, (massive eye roll)ā€¦.Anyway, I have friends in Eastern Europe and am very concerned about how events are unfolding over there, and it all got to be a bit much. So full disclosure, I stayed at the farm for 9 days during the filming of the CD diaries episodes Doing It Ourselves on October 5th and Catā€™s Leaving the Chateau Oct 3rd. Fanny didnā€™t want me on camera, at all, so all you can see of me is the right side of my head for less than a second at 27:33 of the Doing It Ourselves video (I'm the blonde with the pink glasses). Thatā€™s it. I will probably drop in to chat in the future, but honestly, the CD is more than I can stomach right now. I wish you all well and thank you for being so supportive of me as I vented here. And please be kind. Iā€™m actually a pretty tough cookie, but some people arenā€™t.
Don't beat yourself up, if to stay at LaLande is one of your worse decisions you are a lucky person. And I still have plans to go there one day, though also during a long round trip I am planing for a long while. And this though I read here and heard the terrible stories but 1 or 2 nights won't kill me... And I am mentally prepared now for this kind of experience and if some people do the iron man I can do this. šŸ¤£

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
...sheā€™s feeling herself...her power over them...her money...sheā€™s no longer dependent on anyone...and they are now dependent on her and her largesse toward them. and she is loving it...and loves watching them all squirm...

...phillie probably irritates her...his wimpy ways...effeminate traits...she is keeping him in check. most men...who if they are in an equal emotional and financial position...would tell her to f*k off...but he canā€™t. he has to take it...and smile...and she will increase her sarcasm and criticism...until he is choking on her abuse.

...she is now Isabel. ...many women get this way once they come into money...and no longer need anyone for financial support...the years of subjugation and unease...lift...and confidence and the vitriol that sometimes comes out...aid in erasing the old feelings. ...the liberation from the past is exciting...and in addition...she is also at that age of...no longer giving a fk...what people think...or say...

...she also has a sort of fame...so the combination will be extremely brutal for those around her, she has flipped the script on them...and her inner self is gonna roll all over these weak people...
Agreed. But, poetic as justice sometimes is, she is dependent on the continued blinding of her Patreons. That will be what (who) pushes her over the edge in the end.

Reactions: 10
Father Christmas Is Back is the movie you reference,I think
correct
thread 83 #27

• Wow
Reactions: 4
How would you know what a Tatty French Brothel looks likešŸ¤”

Sorry couldn't resist šŸ¤£šŸ˜¬
Well, that recent photo of all the old gals attempting to do the can can, reminded me of wannabe, well past it, retired dancers of the Moulin Rouge or, was it a pantomine?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That would have been Terry from Chateau de LaSalle who gave her the chair. Fellow Geordie (well Smoggie really). I liked their Vlogs in the beginning, but they are getting a little "same old same old" now.
The chair delivery must have been solely to get on the YouTube Chateauverse.

Reactions: 11
I was just wondering how you make payment at the Chateau LaLande. Do they accept credit cards? It seems they are running more than a bnb.
Yes I asked French maid if payment could only be made in cash. I reckon a lot could be concealed from the tax man if only handling cash. Never got an answer. Now perhaps one of the other guests who have joined us can answer.

The chair delivery must have been solely to get on the YouTube Chateauverse.
That poor guy drove all the way there and arrived mid radiator disaster. He didn't appear to even be offered a cup of tea. We have barely seen the chair since.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.