The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What she also fails to mention is just where her money came from before. Did she have an allowance? Does Mummy give her $4-5k a month? Does she have a little investment account that pays out $10-20k a quarter? What the hell did she live on before? You don’t keep two properties with no job without mailbox money. No one does that.
She says the London airbnb was what kept her afloat. I can imagine an apartment in London is always in high demand but I don't know ... Enough to keep chateau goin during winter and supply her with personal income for designer stuff and vacations? She did say in her early 2020 South Africa vlog she hadn't been there in 4 years because she couldn't justify the cost. Previously she traveled all over the place with Potts , the professional "weekend getawayer", he probably paid for her.

She let out her London flat as a holiday rental, and she was also the AirBnB "host" on the beach house in SA, which I would assume she took a cut of the profits on. So we can assume the London flat paid for itself and then some, and while Lalande never did, it sounds like the BnB and workshops covered most of it.

It is tough to speculate about her finances without knowing more about her marriage. It was a short one, sure, but the settlement could have been invested and still give her a small monthly sum to spend. I wouldn't be surprised if DJ set up an investment account for her (either inheritance or divorce money) and drilled into her head that the principal was not to be touched.

My other question mark is the apartment in the south of France and the house in England. I don't think we've ever seen them go to the south of France, and its been a while since SJ's visit to the house in England. Now that IJ is married to Percy and properly living with him in SA and then vacationing at the beach house and the chateau, I wonder if they've rented out the French apartment and the English house on standard, year-long leases, or perhaps sold them. IJ and Percy are getting up there, they may have decided that travelling to and maintaining four homes in three countries is too much for them, plus visiting her daughter at a fifth property. We haven't seen the apartment on AirBnB, and I'm not sure that the house would do well as a holiday rental, so I'm thinking they could be normal leases?
Oh you're right, theyd be idiots not to rent out the place in south of France, but if it was IJ's mom's home, then there are other family members to consider. I'm going to assume that other siblings are the caretakers and if it's leased out they are the overseers. Stephanie hasn't visited or even mentions it much so I don't think it's in her realm of properties? Thoughts?
Now the house in Suffolk is definitely strange if it's left empty and unused. She never popped over there during her London visits to even check on it. Again, maybe Isabelle's sister does that? I agree, the properties would be alot for Percy and IJ to manage on their own,and we know how Stephanie manages things.

She can do whatever she wants with the money and no one would ever know. I don’t think they’d put so much effort into them if it wasn’t paying part of Natti and PhiPhi’s salary, frankly. We don’t have any way of knowing whether she donates that money or not. I’ll bet she gets a tax benefit from it if she does.
Well, she does list real charities she's donating to... Logic would say if those charities did not receive what she has disclosed, they would be speaking up. There is a definite accountability trail there . One just needs to ask the charity if they have received such and such donation from SJ.

Well since I have been bombarded by pics of Venice carnivale costumes. Any one else getting them? Anyway I thought I would share some. I think the feather one would be parfaaact for the squirrel boy. Maybe they are in Venice preordering their outfits.
I wish... I keep getting an ad for ultimate scammer Tucker Carlson tv show 🤢🤮

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
From Dan's latest vlog comments...
Hazel Fisher
59 minutes ago
I thought you were the gardener So much of that work to be done

Lizzybean
22 minutes ago
Exactly..I think Stephanie has panicked because she knows patron are wanting to see renovations and they have NOT been happening. If…. Dan is paid by patron then she can tick this off but if not. What are patron funding

Hazel Fisher
13 minutes ago
@Lizzybean well is Phillip still on holiday pay 💰 Or a works jolly who’s paying

Lizzybean
7 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher I’ve no idea how much holiday an editor/ cameraman gets. If he was freelance then… but I understand he’s in the payroll…. Good question tho. Let’s see how many weeks more ‘ holiday’ he can have, perhaps it is unpaid leave?

Hazel Fisher
1 minute ago
@Lizzybean I really like Dan and he’s little family There will be tons of gardening to be done and getting things ready in the greenhouse I just think she is quite a filter from one project to another but taking in that amount of money it should all be finished

Lizzybean
3 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher I agree. I think the money has completely gone to her head.also she has never wanted to be full time at the chateau and now what with Covid restrictions and now the responsibilities to patron it’s curbing her lifestyle or at least it should…. Be. I would be embarrassed to have so little to show for all the patron dollar.
...and it continues...

Hazel Fisher
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean I belong to another group we all say the same thing She’s extremely calculating but I think very clever So the givers keep giving I hope Dan doesn’t take to this way

Lizzybean
1 hour ago
@Hazel Fisher I hope and think Dan is way more astute. He is not greedy and can see this helping him. I’m not sure about groups ? Apart from patron? I stopped giving money after three months as I could see her making no real renovations and just spending from you tube which she seems to think is hers for the taking whilst patron fund everything else. It’s mild dishonest , I’m not sure she is doing it deliberately but has all her life been a spoilt only child and this is magnified. She truly thinks she is a princess. It was fun to watch and seemed genuine. Now it feels like a farce and the car crash will be interesting . The other fallouts like Selmar , Tomas and now Marie who have all become quite delusional with the ideas of grandeur they obtained whilst at Lalande. It does not seem to attract anyone now who is not on the grift eg Curtis etc. It all feels very inbred with the SA links and villioti. I’m pretty furious about the cadeux too. It’s very ugly to watch and I have now stopped. Maybe the inflation rate in the USA will make the older ladies there rethink patron.

Hazel Fisher
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean can I ask why you chose to be a patron ? I’m genuinely interested As I just can’t get my head around it Have said this many times Theses people have plenty of money really that are seriously rich All what you say is my opinion as well I can’t and don’t watch the present giving one You should read tattle they have it all on there interesting read

Cat T.
59 minutes ago
@Lizzybean There has been tons of renovations being done. They just haven’t been completed as yet. It’s not like remodeling a house you know.

Hazel Fisher
56 minutes ago
@Cat T. but the amount of people who have been there it should be

Cat T.
47 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher Phillip has been on holiday since he arrived. Brocanting for pretty china and women’s clothing for himself isn’t work. Setting a table isn’t work. Following Stephanie around with her pink cellphone isn’t work. The sexually confused man child doesn’t know the meaning of work and shouldn’t be paid a cent. Unfortunately, Stephanie’s taste in men (or boys) is right on par with her taste in decorating. Messy, bewildering and an eye sore.

Hazel Fisher
42 minutes ago
@Cat T. lol that quite frank

Hazel Fisher
38 minutes ago
@Cat T. I thought it funny the other day when he said he lived in a chateau like it was he’s When correctly he should of said I work in a chateau What will happen when it ends Will he claim right over the China

Lizzybean
22 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher I was one of the first to send something ,a small item as I was taken in by the poor little me living in a run down chateau … cannot believe what I caused, so that’s my interest! I cannot say what I sent as it will be very obvious who I am! I have a card handwritten thanking me back in the early days! I chose to be a patron thinking I would see more truths, and understanding of exactly how Nick and Michael are involved,but in fact having watched loads of the old patron vlogs I could see the web was so tangled it would be difficult not to spin a yarn each vlogbut stayed for 3 months only . I dared to challenge something in the patron comments and lots of the cult members came for me ,it said enough really! I am alarmed by her ability to spend with no thought to the near future, particularly seeing Davey’s garden , land plans on patron. I have lots of historical plant knowledge and landscaping although not in France. I understand his work is free but this makes it almost impossible to be a client or boss. It will end in difficult times more so for Davey I fear. The amount of money needed to maintain this… I left because I did not wish to fuel the fire but also because of seeing how it was just a love shack? And now some very dubious pairings have developed, Selmar? Marie? And whatever people think about her and Philip, he calls lalande his home, if he buys stuff for it etc will he have a claim on it if there relationship fails? I worry for him. And then I started to do some homework on all the properties the three of them own or have use of . Definitely they need NO support from me! I have friends and contacts in Woodbridge and Framingham and am curious to find out more about some of the goings on. It is a soap opera and I guess we all know how they play out!

Hazel Fisher
10 minutes ago
@Lizzybean The planting of the trees is horrific nobody leaves the wire baskets on ! I also have great knowledge of this area Marie is a lost cause she will never make it in the UK as a florist I was one for 38 years Selmar the idea you can get millions in the bank is just unbelievable I do believe they see Stephanie as a master at this and believe is possible for them as well sadly not all have the power she has great kudos the money shows

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I have known seamstresses that can do this. My husband's grandma was a seamstress and worked in a clothing store and she could take one look at someone when they walked in an pick the right size and style for them off the rack.
Yeah, and Stephanie is a size that almost everything fits her. How many dresses has she received in cadeaux and they've all fit? When you are of a certain size, most things fit , or close. She isn't so petite or large that sizing is a huge issue .

Reactions: 13
"My Take on Home and Garden" You Tube with Jeff from Florida it has SO much in common with Stephs channel, it is almost a spoof of La La Lande, flowers, flea markets, storage, Christmas, table settings, gardening, BUT they do cleaning !!!
I just checked it out, a xmas one had a peacock tree and a food tree 🤣
This video below I think is for Flower killer (arranging fake flowers) and Phiphi (table setting)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
can’t help but wonder if the “relationship” between SJ and Snorts is all a charade. An act to prove something to his family? An enemy? Perhaps to have some control over a narrative.

Reactions: 7
I just checked it out, a xmas one had a peacock tree and a food tree 🤣
This video below I think is for Flower killer (arranging fake flowers) and Phiphi (table setting)
He also has old Squirrels Ships Captain Decanter !! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Let's also not forget that the farmhouse itself generates income. There are 5 rooms and 2 self-catering apartments that are let out. The rates for one of the rooms (Chambre de la Tour) ranging from euro 130 for one person per night and euro 165 for two people per night. I don't know if all the room rates are the same as they were all booked and this one was the only one I found with 2 days available for booking. The price for the Tack Room apartment is euro 220 per night...I believe there's a two night minimum.

If the farmhouse is fully booked for the season, I'd guesstimate the income around euro 250,000. I didn't factor in food costs or more guests than 2 per room...the 5 rooms are all b & b so include breakfast. I also didn't factor in dinner or events that may have booked in for an afternoon. Dinner is $100 for two 3 course meals with wine. Cheese, bread & wine snack is either euro 20 or euro 30 and available nightly or only Thursday & Sunday depending on what part of the website you look at..they might want to fix that. Trip advisor states a free continental breakfast is available, but the site mentions a euro15 fee for it if you're renting one of the two apartments. As it stands, the farmhouse is fully booked this year except for the Chambre de la Tour being available on the 2nd & 3rd of June and the Tack Room having availability on the 18th & 19th of May. Looks like Madamemoi is in for another deluxe year.
SJ did mention in a vlog (with Natti reflecting on the good year bnb had), that there were 220 bookings in 2021. I think it was 220 guests, who normally stay 2 nights (happy to be corrected). Patreons who get a % discount on stay. Even paying for Natti, cleaners, laundry service, croissants, coffee, milk, electricity, etc she would have had to have made profit of €50k.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
SJ did mention in a vlog (with Natti reflecting on the good year bnb had), that there were 220 bookings in 2021. I think it was 220 guests, who normally stay 2 nights (happy to be corrected). Patreons who get a % discount on stay. Even paying for Natti, cleaners, laundry service, croissants, coffee, milk, electricity, etc she would have had to have made profit of €50k.
With 365 days of the year, and mainly warm weather stays, 220 bookings seems very good indeed.

Reactions: 10
This talk of bnb income reminded why I felt a bit sorry for Fanny in the beginning of watching CD. Don't worry I don't now!
Anyway when she came home to France to quarantine after trip with Gerry. She said that 2020 was going to be the first time in 15 years, that the bnb would make a profit. And now that was lost because of covid.

With 365 days of the year, and mainly warm weather stays, 220 bookings seems very good indeed.
They close over winter because of the lack of heating so is not 365 days.

Reactions: 16
It's hard to keep track of the many dodgy, grifting, manipulative and questionable things which various inhabitants of this shittoo have orchestrated over the past 2 years for their personal financial gain.

Just take a page out of FRK's playbook which she used early in Covid to help set up her original floral studio in the barn. Just post your wish list on Amazon, like FRK did, and patrons/crazed super fans/flying monkeys will send you everything you desire!

it never stops !

Reactions: 10
Between the farmhouse & the London flat, her b & b takings are quite good. I would think if she had 220 bookings, that would translate to roughly 400 guests give or take. I could be wrong, but my reasoning behind those numbers is that she was fully booked last year when I scrolled through her calendar last spring. Only one room is set up as a single, the rest are double occupancy, one is touted as being "perfect for families".

This talk of bnb income reminded why I felt a bit sorry for Fanny in the beginning of watching CD. Don't worry I don't now!
Anyway when she came home to France to quarantine after trip with Gerry. She said that 2020 was going to be the first time in 15 years, that the bnb would make a profit. And now that was lost because of covid.

They close over winter because of the lack of heating so is not 365 days.
I'm not sure, but I think she operates from March to October so that's 245 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Between the farmhouse & the London flat, her b & b takings are quite good. I would think if she had 220 bookings, that would translate to roughly 400 guests give or take. I could be wrong, but my reasoning behind those numbers is that she was fully booked last year when I scrolled through her calendar last spring. Only one room is set up as a single, the rest are double occupancy, one is touted as being "perfect for families".

I'm not sure, but I think she operates from March to October so that's 245 days.
Thanks for clarifying!

Reactions: 4
Thanks for clarifying!
You're welcome. I think I'm severely off on my maths though...she probably made closer to around 50K on room rentals at the farmhouse without meals included. I don't know where that extra 200k came from..lol. I don't know how much of the year the airbnb in London is available. If she doesn't get the heating sorted out at the farmhouse this year, it's not because she can't afford to pay for it.

Reactions: 8
You're welcome. I think I'm severely off on my maths though...she probably made closer to around 50K on room rentals at the farmhouse without meals included. I don't know where that extra 200k came from..lol. I don't know how much of the year the airbnb in London is available. If she doesn't get the heating sorted out at the farmhouse this year, it's not because she can't afford to pay for it.
I think she rented the whole chateau for someone’s birthday party. That was probably pricy.

Reactions: 8
can’t help but wonder if the “relationship” between SJ and Snorts is all a charade. An act to prove something to his family? An enemy? Perhaps to have some control over a narrative.
Because Sj is having an affair with a married man perhaps?(not insinuating Dan!)

Reactions: 1
I think your figure is closer to reality than mine was. There are also events to consider...there was a photo exhibit there and also the music workshops. I didn't see anything on the farmhouse site indicating event rental, so it might just be a sporadic thing.

I think she rented the whole chateau for someone’s birthday party. That was probably pricy.
No doubt...you know that wasn't cheap! If it was my birthday, I'd want it to be at a place with a saltwater pool, not some wreck of a farmhouse with a lake that had been drained.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Because Sj is having an affair with a married man perhaps?(not insinuating Dan!)
Hmmmm....? I agree - maybe there is someone else that is probably not Dan. Because who would really want to bone Snorts? Perhaps The CamelPud is a red herring ? But for whom??....hmmmm....

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.