The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know how much the Leach family paid for their gardens and castle?
This is from the live chat 9/12/21...

Candy Williams How kind of Stephanie and Phillip to do that for their friends.
Stephanie Sharkey Does he mention price at all?
Michael Morrison @the Chateau Diaries we might need to employee your assitance in our search and you too… @Philip Janssen
Stephdayosteph can't wait to go back and watch the beginning. is this Steve/Sara's place?
Stevie B How much do we think it sold for? £900,000
Stevie B Must be close to £1,000,000?
Jimmy Connolly €2,495,000

👇 From https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59950666

One person who bought a French chateau from Mr Chassin over the past year is American, Julia Leach.
The 30-year-old was inspired to purchase one after becoming an avid viewer of Ms Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries while she lived in New York.
"The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart," says Ms Leach, who shared Jarvis' videos with her family in California.
So in April 2021, Ms Leach, her partner, sister and their parents pooled their financial resources to buy the 12-bedroom, 13th-Century Chateau du Puy Vidal in Charente, southwest France, for €2.2m (£1.8m).

...and it continues...

Hazel Fisher
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean I belong to another group we all say the same thing She’s extremely calculating but I think very clever So the givers keep giving I hope Dan doesn’t take to this way

Lizzybean
1 hour ago
@Hazel Fisher I hope and think Dan is way more astute. He is not greedy and can see this helping him. I’m not sure about groups ? Apart from patron? I stopped giving money after three months as I could see her making no real renovations and just spending from you tube which she seems to think is hers for the taking whilst patron fund everything else. It’s mild dishonest , I’m not sure she is doing it deliberately but has all her life been a spoilt only child and this is magnified. She truly thinks she is a princess. It was fun to watch and seemed genuine. Now it feels like a farce and the car crash will be interesting . The other fallouts like Selmar , Tomas and now Marie who have all become quite delusional with the ideas of grandeur they obtained whilst at Lalande. It does not seem to attract anyone now who is not on the grift eg Curtis etc. It all feels very inbred with the SA links and villioti. I’m pretty furious about the cadeux too. It’s very ugly to watch and I have now stopped. Maybe the inflation rate in the USA will make the older ladies there rethink patron.

Hazel Fisher
1 hour ago
@Lizzybean can I ask why you chose to be a patron ? I’m genuinely interested As I just can’t get my head around it Have said this many times Theses people have plenty of money really that are seriously rich All what you say is my opinion as well I can’t and don’t watch the present giving one You should read tattle they have it all on there interesting read

Cat T.
59 minutes ago
@Lizzybean There has been tons of renovations being done. They just haven’t been completed as yet. It’s not like remodeling a house you know.

Hazel Fisher
56 minutes ago
@Cat T. but the amount of people who have been there it should be

Cat T.
47 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher Phillip has been on holiday since he arrived. Brocanting for pretty china and women’s clothing for himself isn’t work. Setting a table isn’t work. Following Stephanie around with her pink cellphone isn’t work. The sexually confused man child doesn’t know the meaning of work and shouldn’t be paid a cent. Unfortunately, Stephanie’s taste in men (or boys) is right on par with her taste in decorating. Messy, bewildering and an eye sore.

Hazel Fisher
42 minutes ago
@Cat T. lol that quite frank

Hazel Fisher
38 minutes ago
@Cat T. I thought it funny the other day when he said he lived in a chateau like it was he’s When correctly he should of said I work in a chateau What will happen when it ends Will he claim right over the China

Lizzybean
22 minutes ago
@Hazel Fisher I was one of the first to send something ,a small item as I was taken in by the poor little me living in a run down chateau … cannot believe what I caused, so that’s my interest! I cannot say what I sent as it will be very obvious who I am! I have a card handwritten thanking me back in the early days! I chose to be a patron thinking I would see more truths, and understanding of exactly how Nick and Michael are involved,but in fact having watched loads of the old patron vlogs I could see the web was so tangled it would be difficult not to spin a yarn each vlogbut stayed for 3 months only . I dared to challenge something in the patron comments and lots of the cult members came for me ,it said enough really! I am alarmed by her ability to spend with no thought to the near future, particularly seeing Davey’s garden , land plans on patron. I have lots of historical plant knowledge and landscaping although not in France. I understand his work is free but this makes it almost impossible to be a client or boss. It will end in difficult times more so for Davey I fear. The amount of money needed to maintain this… I left because I did not wish to fuel the fire but also because of seeing how it was just a love shack? And now some very dubious pairings have developed, Selmar? Marie? And whatever people think about her and Philip, he calls lalande his home, if he buys stuff for it etc will he have a claim on it if there relationship fails? I worry for him. And then I started to do some homework on all the properties the three of them own or have use of . Definitely they need NO support from me! I have friends and contacts in Woodbridge and Framingham and am curious to find out more about some of the goings on. It is a soap opera and I guess we all know how they play out!

Hazel Fisher
10 minutes ago
@Lizzybean The planting of the trees is horrific nobody leaves the wire baskets on ! I also have great knowledge of this area Marie is a lost cause she will never make it in the UK as a florist I was one for 38 years Selmar the idea you can get millions in the bank is just unbelievable I do believe they see Stephanie as a master at this and believe is possible for them as well sadly not all have the power she has great kudos the money shows
I was a Dan fan. I no longer am. He has deleted this 👆. Lizzybean has too many comments, sprinklered throughout, to delete them all without raising suspicion. It's not a good look for Dan's YT channel. He is no different than the grifter he works for. Did Dan receive an urgent message from Stephanie Jarvis or was it her handler Philip Janssen that reach out???

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Do we know how much the Leach family paid for their gardens and castle?
Château Puy-Vidal asking price was 2.25M EUR
They're selling their La Jolla house for 5M USD (= 4.5M EUR)
Property taxes in La Jolla: approx 36k USD/ year
Property taxes are a lot lower in France, especially in rural areas.

I think they got themselves a good deal.

The only downside in investing in such a property is that a castle doesn't appreciate as much as a house in California. However, it won't depreciate as steeply when the U.S. real estate bubble bursts once more (remember 2007/2008? it will happen again).

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Asking price was 2.25M EUR
They're selling their La Jolla house for 5M USD
Property taxes in La Jolla: approx 36k USD/ year
Property taxes are a lot lower in France, especially in rural areas.

I think they got themselves a good deal.

The only downside in investing in such a property is that a castle doesn't appreciate as much as a house in California. However, it won't depreciate as steeply when the U.S. real estate bubble bursts once more (remember 2007/2008? it will happen again).
Except the maintenance costs of a castle, especially with gardens as extensive as Chateau du Puy Vidal, will be astronomical compared to a home in La Jolla. Also, they want to redecorate and do renovations at the Chateau, but they don't strike me as a DIY sort of family and there's not a builder/plumber/electrician/carpenter amongst them. Their mother is more interested in Baccarat than building. It's unlikely they've done much renovation and it won't be cheap in a 13th century chateau and will be all the more challenging given their lack of French language skills.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Except the maintenance costs of a castle, especially with gardens as extensive as Chateau du Puy Vidal, will be astronomical compared to a home in La Jolla. Also, they want to redecorate and do renovations at the Chateau, but they don't strike me as a DIY sort of family and there's not a builder/plumber/electrician/carpenter amongst them. Their mother is more interested in Baccarat than building. It's unlikely they've done much renovation and it won't be cheap in a 13th century chateau and will be all the more challenging given their lack of French language skills.
36k USD = 32K EUR California property tax/ year
If they pay 10k EUR/ year in property tax (which seems a lot) they're left with approx 20k EUR for yearly maintenance.
Their gardens are classified as "jardin remarquable" which brings in free visibility if they want to go down that path. It could bring in income if they are invested in opening their gardens.

And from what I understand, the father has (had) a lucrative astronomy lense business.

I'm not worried for them.

Reactions: 14
Dan has kicked the hornet's nest...

Lizzybean
3 hours ago
I wonder if hes now fully employed or self employed? Also is Philip fulltime and says living at the chateau. How does this affect his status in France and Netherlands. I find it all intriguing with soooo many boundaries blurred

scotchette
10 hours ago
You did a good job while the Princess of the crumble château is on holiday paid by her patreons.😉

Jimmy Connolly
12 hours ago
Different glasses?

Escape to rural France
12 hours ago
Got them back in London with Steph !

Jimmy Connolly
12 hours ago
@Escape to rural France oh feck!! I’d forgotten about that. 👍😂

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
She won’t as she has seen some ridiculous expensive cabinets she wants and as you know she just lurves spending

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
She won’t as she has seen some ridiculous expensive cabinets she wants and as you know she just lurves spending

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
I cannot recall of Dan gets paid from patron or YouTube revenue? You are doing a good job Dan

Charlotte Dickens
11 hours ago
That you tube revenue seems to cover an awful lot.

Linda Mitman
7 hours ago
Probably the patron account since his work is chateau restoration

Lizzybean
2 hours ago
@Linda Mitman yes all of a audden chateau restoration. I wonder why....maybe telling patron their money goes on renovation and the tax man has said the garden is maintenance not restoration. Creating lots of unnecessary garden works for future work too.

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
I wonder what her insurance is like employing volunteers and people like Dan to do dreadful jobs on the cheap

Nancy Johnston
15 hours ago
What’s the window sill like?

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
Hopefully Not rotten🤣

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
Dan is a hardworking man earning money to improve his family and life. We support him. The others…. Well when the wheels fall off…..

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
And she has just purchase another ridiculous expensive sofa for +£ 4000 and extra to ship to France . Without patron paying for Reno this crazy furniture spending would NOT happen

Kelly Hawes
14 hours ago
@Lizzybean Don't watch if it offends your economic sensibilities

Lizzybean
14 hours ago
@Kelly Hawes try not to be bossy as I have as much right to voice my opinion as you have. I have no idea why this leader has almost cult like followers. I used to be a believer…. Now just waiting to see who will be found out first? Makes for a good watch

Charlotte Dickens
11 hours ago
@Lizzybean she's turning into a hoarder and Philip is just as bad. They clear out stuff to make room for more stuff.

Cynthia Berry
16 hours ago
Can't really see Philip getting his hands or his hair that dirty lol but it would be fun to watch him get into the deep reno like Dan and Amaury do.

elin skaget
16 hours ago
🤣

Lizzybean
15 hours ago
Excellent idea. How long does it take to edit a vlog?

Sandi Foster
15 hours ago
@Cynthia Berry exactly and its his home. nothing wrong in learning things to take care of things.

Cat T.
13 hours ago
@Cynthia Berry Phillip would never do the work Dan and Amaury do. It would ruin his manicure. Phillip prefers pretty China, pretty clothes from Stephanie’s closet and pretty broaches. The hardest work he ever does is carrying Stephanie’s handbag.

Cat T.
13 hours ago (edited)
@Lizzybean He only edits one which can’t take more than a few hours since it’s just filming gift opening. Hardly a hardship, since it’s really like brocanting at home and he can hear his own exclamations of “It’s beeeeautiful!!” every two seconds. Can’t edit those out. It does take him away from polishing his crystal and admiring his China, so we can feel a little sorry for him….well, not really.

Lizzybean
13 hours ago
@Cat T. what is he paid for? I guess he does filming too

Cat T.
12 hours ago
@Lizzybean No idea. Being Stephanie’s tripod? Her fashion advisor? Her walking wardrobe? Her “girl” friend to shop with? Chateau table setter? Her pet hedgehog?

Lizzybean
12 hours ago
Point at what? The lack of heating? All the info projects? The endless parcels for cadenza gathering dust, the gals in in all the wall paper. So much to point at?

Sandi Foster
12 hours ago
@Lizzybean well actually i meant pointing, but you are correct, there is a ton of work to be done - all hands on deck.

J B
5 hours ago
@Cynthia Berry isn't Phillip a "paid companion", if so I'm sure he's gotten his hands very dirty

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
He's got an easy life...no reason to relinquish sitting in the lap of luxury. ;)
Your idea of "sitting in the lap of luxury" is a million years away from what I consider luxury, he is welcome to freeze, eat off second hand plates food prepared in a dirty kitchen brought out of a mouse filled pantry and a overflowing Smeg fridge. Shopping trips traipsing around Emmaus with a sprinkling of a Acorn Antiques spending money I have not earned or deserve would all be my idea of Hell.
I agree he will not be going anywhere unless pushed by SJ he is too bone idle, I think he must be related to the Petherick clan, (not Mick).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I just don't see Mamma Leach relishing the social scene in rural France, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope she surprises me!

Also, it would be fun to see Ma Pethrick, Mamma Leach and Mumee all together for a few days - suspect we'd see a hell of a lot of 'one-up-man-ship' & a possible catfight between these 3 old broads!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Dan's post of Thor and all I can see is dead boxwood. Next to die, the linden trees...

1643545539647.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

This is old but what I thought of when Lady A suggested a meeting of IJ, Mrs Leach and Ma Petherick. Now which is which?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do you think he will eventually have a huge “coming out” video, like MPK?
I don’t know if Snorts will have a coming out video…but if he does, it will be a worse wreck than MPK’s coming out video. Fans were already mislead once by the relationship between Michael and SJ. Even though Michael said he never claimed to be straight, he, SJ, and even Ma Petherick pushed a false narrative. A lot of people felt “fooled” when MPK released his coming out video, but many of them liked him and SJ so much they were willing to overlook it. If Snorts “comes out,” not only will SJ’s fans feel they have been fooled again, but Snorts isn’t as “likeable” as Michael…he’d probably be brutalized by most of SJ’s fans. I certainly hope that SJ and Snorts aren’t promoting a false narrative about their relationship (for whatever reason). If so, SJ is playing with fire. (Of course, if it does “blow up,” SJ will have banked enough money to move on…until the tax man comes!)

Can you imagine if Snorts “came out” and said that “SJ knew it all along!” I’d have a huge bowl of popcorn ready to sit down and watch that show! 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I was a Dan fan. I no longer am. He has deleted this 👆. Lizzybean has too many comments, sprinklered throughout, to delete them all without raising suspicion. It's not a good look for Dan's YT channel. He is no different than the grifter he works for. Did Dan receive an urgent message from Stephanie Jarvis or was it her handler Philip Janssen that reach out???
I've said since the start of Dan's channel that he was under Lalande's spell. Actually, he and his family are completely dependent on the Chatelaine for their financial situation (hence, for their life in rural France).

Anneliese's part-time job at the local school + her freelance hairdresser salon in rural France are not enough.

Anneliese sent him to Lalande when she first watched the early CD vlogs. And he's made the mistake to focus only on ONE customer : Lalande.

He's trapped. He's got no choice. His "You Tube career" will work as long as he films some bits of Lalande.

No choice really unlike Matt, Ian the builder or Nick the tree surgeon.

He still can "escape" but it'll be hard. And not sure he wants to,

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
La Jolla (where I believe their house is) is one of the nicest places to live in California, a very wealthy area on the coast. Her mom seems the type who needs to be envied and viewed as a top 1%er. I don't think she'll get the same attention in France as she was getting in her upscale Cali lifestyle. I think they will very much regret that move.
You and me both. I think they've a hell of a lot to learn about living in France. I can't wait.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I've said since the start of Dan's channel that he was under Lalande's spell. Actually, he and his family are completely dependent on the Chatelaine for their financial situation (hence, for their life in rural France).

Anneliese's part-time job at the local school + her freelance hairdresser salon in rural France are not enough.

Anneliese sent him to Lalande when she first watched the early CD vlogs. And he's made the mistake to focus only on ONE customer : Lalande.

He's trapped. He's got no choice. His "You Tube career" will work as long as he films some bits of Lalande.

Good thing for him though, is he can just go mow someone else’s grass or chef someone else’s food - In a variety of places. He also now knows how to produce YouTube videos and has a monetized channel. This man has taught himself to fish as opposed to having been fed fish, so I’m sure he will be just fine. PhiPhi on the other hand, has nothing, and is allergic to fish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Outstanding work Agent 007
Photo :: @KiKiGee

All’s I see is 3 years of rising damp - rotten doors 🚪 - as you point out rotting box tree 🌳

Another 10 grand wasted
And the facade could have been fixed in 2020 !!!!
As Isabel wanted ……View attachment 1027416
Hopefully IJ read both SJ and Cameltoe the riot act in SA- she clearly reads here- as they all do-IJ is the only one with a modicum of business sense

Reactions: 17
Hopefully IJ read both SJ and Cameltoe the riot act in SA- she clearly reads here- as they all do-IJ is the only one with a modicum of business sense
SJ doesn't like it, and Mummee is a hard old bird but she tells some home truths, and SJ would do well to listen rather than pretend to be a princess living a fairy tale existence in a make-believe castle.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m still laughing at the sight of Cameltoe saying he loves Greek salad while proceeding to pick out all the cheese 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 47

If Dan is in any way serious about having a career on YouTube (and he says he is, almost every episode of his no longer daily vlogs) he should immediately stop deleting comments. He made a huge mistake when he aligned his business with hers and the content he’s showing makes it clear that he has reached the point of no return: he’s convinced the viewers of his own vlog like to see him do stuff in her HMN more than they like to see him diy at his own house. He’s been thoroughly love bombed by SJ and feels he needs to defend her from critics and haters. He completely ignores the fact that his fans like him for who he is, not for who SJ thinks he should be.
I have seen this happening with so many of her staff, over and over again. They start out strong, showing off their character, but once SJ sniffs out there might be something useful in it for her, she starts moulding them into her loyal servants until they think that’s who they are and what they are there for. It never ends well, ever.

Good thing for him though, is he can just go mow someone else’s grass or chef someone else’s food - In a variety of places. He also now knows how to produce YouTube videos and has a monetized channel. This man has taught himself to fish as opposed to having been fed fish, so I’m sure he will be just fine. PhiPhi on the other hand, has nothing, and is allergic to fish.
He could, but he doesn't, does he? All his work is now related to SJ. He's going to crash and burn and it won't be long, if I don't misread the signs. It was all fun and games when it started, but it isn't as much fun anymore. He might be fine in the long run, but not until he has found a way out of there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.