The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I think the guy misspoke and doesn't realize it's money from the cadeaux channel, not her patrons. I don't think patrons would be too happy knowing it's funding a fashion scholarship. She also has disclosed where the cadeaux money goes . On this point, I don't think holding what this guy says about source of money as too solid. As far as everything else, yeah, it was all pretense about the dress being designed for Stephanie. I remember her saying it was designed for her when she was putting it on for the first time. I don't remember is if the letter she received with the dress actually said that ...she read that letter on camera ,no?

Also, I'm confused why couldn't he sell the dress because it got famous?

Edit: I just watched the video posted of the dress letter being read and it does say that the dress was made specifically for Fashion Week and was now being sent to Stephanie. It's funny how many of us thought we heard the dress was designed for her.
That’s understandable but if Spiro was trying to clear up the record, he should have verified the information before presenting it. He just caused more confusion.

I don’t think this will affect the hardcore cultists. They are very easily led by lies.

Reactions: 15
What she also fails to mention is just where her money came from before. Did she have an allowance? Does Mummy give her $4-5k a month? Does she have a little investment account that pays out $10-20k a quarter? What the hell did she live on before? You don’t keep two properties with no job without mailbox money. No one does that.
She let out her London flat as a holiday rental, and she was also the AirBnB "host" on the beach house in SA, which I would assume she took a cut of the profits on. So we can assume the London flat paid for itself and then some, and while Lalande never did, it sounds like the BnB and workshops covered most of it.

It is tough to speculate about her finances without knowing more about her marriage. It was a short one, sure, but the settlement could have been invested and still give her a small monthly sum to spend. I wouldn't be surprised if DJ set up an investment account for her (either inheritance or divorce money) and drilled into her head that the principal was not to be touched.

My other question mark is the apartment in the south of France and the house in England. I don't think we've ever seen them go to the south of France, and its been a while since SJ's visit to the house in England. Now that IJ is married to Percy and properly living with him in SA and then vacationing at the beach house and the chateau, I wonder if they've rented out the French apartment and the English house on standard, year-long leases, or perhaps sold them. IJ and Percy are getting up there, they may have decided that travelling to and maintaining four homes in three countries is too much for them, plus visiting her daughter at a fifth property. We haven't seen the apartment on AirBnB, and I'm not sure that the house would do well as a holiday rental, so I'm thinking they could be normal leases?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I can't see the wiki button or the old threads button again? Anyone else?
That’s strange…I can still see both buttons. Maybe you can try logging out and back to see if it reappears?

Side note…When I was a new member, I recall having some difficulty finding the Wiki because I searched for “Chateau Diaries” (under “C”) but it’s actually “The Chateau Diaries” under “T”. Since the threads are sometimes called “Chateau Diaries” I think it can be confusing for someone who’s new.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
My take on the Perthetics vlog is, there is no way he has been diagnosed in that short of time, even his own family do not seem to believe or support him, they look like they have given up on him finishing or living in the cottage as they’ve taken over the outbuildings. There is also plenty of room in the guest house but he’s stayed in the chateau and is just heating his room, he’s definitely in the dog house with the family

Dan’s latest vlog, he’s back at the flippin chateau, he’s a grafter and she’s an undeserving vacuum, that panty is a disgrace do the French not do yearly inspections of people who provide catering?

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I can't see the wiki button or the old threads button again? Anyone else?
The threads blue button and the pink wiki button have disappeared for me too. They did a few days ago and then returned. Hopefully its just the owners doing work on the site.

Reactions: 4
Hi all,
(long time lurker, haven’t posted often)
I never seem to be able to catch up here to be able to comment on current topics.
I have a question, I’ve tried searching for the answer, but no luck.

Do the accounts for the GiftGrab get published anywhere?
My reason for asking is, would there be a way for her to pay for PJ’s filming and editing of the Gift grab videos, from the monies raised by the videos?

Would part of Natties salary be paid from the GiftGrab channel as she collects and sorts the packages?
Would SJ and the other ppl filmed in the gift grabs be paid for their time when they are being filmed?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered and or discussed.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi all,
(long time lurker, haven’t posted often)
I never seem to be able to catch up here to be able to comment on current topics.
I have a question, I’ve tried searching for the answer, but no luck.

Do the accounts for the GiftGrab get published anywhere?
My reason for asking is, would there be a way for her to pay for PJ’s filming and editing of the Gift grab videos, from the monies raised by the videos?

Would part of Natties salary be paid from the GiftGrab channel as she collects and sorts the packages?
Would SJ and the other ppl filmed in the gift grabs be paid for their time when they are being filmed?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered and or discussed.
She can do whatever she wants with the money and no one would ever know. I don’t think they’d put so much effort into them if it wasn’t paying part of Natti and PhiPhi’s salary, frankly. We don’t have any way of knowing whether she donates that money or not. I’ll bet she gets a tax benefit from it if she does.

Reactions: 15
RE: Julia Leach’s parents home. I can’t imagine leaving that lovely home with all its amenities to move to a Château in France which albeit is nicer than the shitoo & has lovely gardens. I believe it is not a good trade nor does it make financial sense.

Reactions: 17
My take on the Perthetics vlog is, there is no way he has been diagnosed in that short of time, even his own family do not seem to believe or support him, they look like they have given up on him finishing or living in the cottage as they’ve taken over the outbuildings. There is also plenty of room in the guest house but he’s stayed in the chateau and is just heating his room, he’s definitely in the dog house with the family.
One thing for sure…MPK got 74k views and over 2,000 sympathetic comments on his “Fresh Start” vlog…quadruple the comments he’s gotten on his recent vlogs. So, he’s captured people’s attention yet again. But there’s only so many times he can cry wolf. His family has seen this so often that it’s just another day to them.

I’ve researched adult ADHD diagnosis and from what I’ve read it’s not easy to do…requires an assessment by a physician or expert, a review of historical records to show a pattern (failed classes, job failures, etc.), and interviews with family/friends to corroborate. I don’t think all of that work could have been done to officially diagnose Michael with ADHD in that short amount of time. I’m speculating he self-diagnosed based on a YouTube video and either found a sympathetic doctor who prescribed Ritalin, or he ordered it online.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That’s strange…I can still see both buttons. Maybe you can try logging out and back to see if it reappears?

Side note…When I was a new member, I recall having some difficulty finding the Wiki because I searched for “Chateau Diaries” (under “C”) but it’s actually “The Chateau Diaries” under “T”. Since the threads are sometimes called “Chateau Diaries” I think it can be confusing for someone who’s new.
logged out and in and still not there ... it disappeared on me the other day too, so hopefully it will come back soon.

I also found it hard to find at first, until I found the pink button under the title at the top of each page. I'm in dark mode, so probably why mine is pink, not sure what the regular colour is. That's the best access to it!

Reactions: 5
RE: Julia Leach’s parents home. I can’t imagine leaving that lovely home with all its amenities to move to a Château in France which albeit is nicer than the shitoo & has lovely gardens. I believe it is not a good trade nor does it make financial sense.
I think they already regret purchasing it. By the looks of the father, he certainly does.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I thought it was silly too, but then someone said she plans on renting the chateau to film companies for filming movies/tv shows so it may work.

Reactions: 6
logged out and in and still not there ... it disappeared on me the other day too, so hopefully it will come back soon.

I also found it hard to find at first, until I found the pink button under the title at the top of each page. I'm in dark mode, so probably why mine is pink, not sure what the regular colour is. That's the best access to it!
That’s weird! I’ve NEVER had that button at the top of each page. I’ve always had to hit the “Wiki” button and then search for “The Chateau Diaries” on a screen where all the Wikis are listed alphabetically. I’ve never had the ability to click a button and go directly to “The Chateau Diaries” Wiki page.

Here’s what I see…when I hit the Wiki button to the right of “Forums”, I have to find “The Chateau Diaries” by scrolling through the list alphabetically.

7953FD3B-1827-4027-B816-F8598581553D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.