The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Electric heaters and a pompe à chaleur, invest in some good thermal undies then. They're all bloody mad, good luck to them! Have dealt enough with chateaus and their upkeep since living here to know I'd never ever want one. It's people's naivety with all that owning one entails that never ceases to amaze me. Especially those who do not have the full financial means to begin with. The German couple, the bathroom in the toile room, no tiles under the bath for the enevitable water that gets on the floor (worked in a chateau with a bathroom almost exactly the same) that wood will eventually turn black from water damage. I still think there are a lot of people who take on these chateaus with the idea of B&B or Gite complexes even, thinking it will not be a full time job, it is you'll hardly ever have any time off yourselves unless you've the money to employ staff but you're never 'off duty'. At least the Canadian ladies decided against it in the end, suddenly the penny dropped that it's not all princesses in floaty dresses it's pure hard graft.
I think people think the same about owning restaurants. Dude. It's all about the fryolator grease trap. And drunken assholes sending back the boned chicken breast, with the drummette carefully still attached (I know, I butchered about 10,000 of those things myself) because it's rabbit.
(Butchered the rabbit too. Could not butcher the eel. My buddy, the CIA grad who could not butcher the bunny, did the eels. Yeah, there's existential meat weirdness in the kitchen and sometimes you get over it. 😵 🍆🥑🥦🥕 )

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Anyone here read this? What new forms of grifting has Fanny learnt from it?
I have been lucky to pick up a few new books in secondhand shops but I don't believe Fanny did! I just put a hold on it at my local library.
Can you get it on kindle? :love: :m

Reactions: 1
Afforded myself another little titter this morning. I have been interested as to what The One Ball Wonder would have as a job description in the 17th century French Court. I knew that there was a 'pis boy' who wandered about carrying a bucket for the elites, but on reading the toilet practices that existed at the time, was an eye opener, or should I say nostril opener. They basically emptied their orifices where they stood in the chateaux, surrounded by opulence. Maybe that explains Fannys crappy yellow bedspread and dying box hedges. It was common for the ladies of the court not to wear any knickers, in order to make 'toiletting' more simple. Well done Fanny for continuing age old traditions.
I have this great book about Queen Victorias underpants in my school library. It was unusual to wear knickers until relatively recently in history.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think people think the same about owning restaurants. Dude. It's all about the fryolator grease trap. And drunken assholes sending back the boned chicken breast, with the drummette carefully still attached (I know, I butchered about 10,000 of those things myself) because it's rabbit.
(Butchered the rabbit too. Could not butcher the eel. My buddy, the CIA grad who could not butcher the bunny, did the eels. Yeah, there's existential meat weirdness in the kitchen and sometimes you get over it. 😵 🍆🥑🥦🥕 )
Eel,yuk yuk yuk cannot stand the taste.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Dan's vlog :

I'm wondering the same...

Jade
19 hours ago
Great vision. Just wondering why you’d take those fantastic historical embedded shelves with their hardware and all . No doubt there is a very practical answer. Anyhow interested as opposed to opinionated. IE I have no preference, just curious.
I was just hoping he didn't fall on one of the hooks and impale himself.

Reactions: 5
No time to edit... this should read Have they made a pre nup? It would make sense to when each have their own fortunes.
What's in it for Isabelle then? I'm sure they have a prenup but it must have an expiration date. 5/10years? If the marriage lasts until the end? And half of his is hers.

Reactions: 6
Anyone here read this? What new forms of grifting has Fanny learnt from it?
I have been lucky to pick up a few new books in secondhand shops but I don't believe Fanny did! I just put a hold on it at my local library.
Info on Kindle says it was published 15th April 2021 voted a Vogue best book of 2021... cover is the same..

Attachments

Reactions: 3
She'll deny anything unfavorable against her just claiming they've misunderstood everything.
Exactly! And what's worse: she's completely lacking the insight into her own character to ever admit to it. No matter how crazy her stories turn out, she believes them herself and blames anyone who doesn't.

If Dan can make money out of cooking at the chateau then why not make life easier for himself and everyone else by having a good pantry ?
It wasn't the state of the pantry what was creating the dirty mess and a health hazard in the first place. It was the lack of enthusiasm by all shittoo inhabitants to maintain a certain level of hygiene and keep the rodents out. If you (or Dan) think that mentality will improve by repointing the walls, you are in for a rather smelly surprise....

He's talking about mouse turds and old plaster flakes in the food.
And he will be talking about those mouse turds and (less old) plaster flakes for a long time after, because his efforts will all be in vain. The Dutch have a fitting saying "Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and always will be an ugly thing".

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Hopefully love.
I'm sure she can find far better reasons to marry. Financial security being much higher in her hierarchy of needs than love. He's bought her an impressive collection of diamond encrusted gold collars to keep her in leash. Percy's not picky, he just doesn't want to die alone.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes missed an opportunity for a good vlog of the pantry being emptied. But I imagine Fanny vetoed that. Hopefully we will see it refilled?
It is odd that we weren't permitted to see the horror that was the pantry. But I doubt that SJ vetoed it. She has been very open in showing us the rest of the shittoo in all its glory gory-ness and decay. Health and safety inspectors will have a field day just viewing the evidence endlessly captured on the vlogs. This is a woman who likes to show off her HMN through her own rose-colored lenses; she's not embarrassed in the least (as any normal person would be). I suspect Dan has footage and is simply keeping it for a before-and-after comparison when the pantry is completed.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Exactly! And what's worse: she's completely lacking the insight into her own character to ever admit to it. No matter how crazy her stories turn out, she believes them herself and blames anyone who doesn't.

It wasn't the state of the pantry what was creating the dirty mess and a health hazard in the first place. It was the lack of enthusiasm by all shittoo inhabitants to maintain a certain level of hygiene and keep the rodents out. If you (or Dan) think that mentality will improve by repointing the walls, you are in for a rather smelly surprise....

And he will be talking about those mouse turds and (less old) plaster flakes for a long time after, because his efforts will all be in vain. The Dutch have a fitting saying "Even if a monkey wears a golden ring, it is and always will be an ugly thing".
I kind of like rats and would be inclined to plant them a decoy garden etc. But in the pantry, nuh unh. I once spent $40K redoing a kitchen to make it a rat proof vault. Errrrghhhhh.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm sure she can find far better reasons to marry. Financial security being much higher in her hierarchy of needs than love. He's bought her an impressive collection of diamond encrusted gold collars to keep her in leash. Percy's not picky, he just doesn't want to die alone.
I’m sure IJ & Percy are both on the same page with their prenup. I would imagine at their ages, wills have also been discussed. They are both well off old rich people, if they are ok with it, we should be too. I hope they both share love and friendship with each other. If you marry for money, you earn every penny of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It is odd that we weren't permitted to see the horror that was the pantry. But I doubt that SJ vetoed it. She has been very open in showing us the rest of the shittoo in all its glory gory-ness and decay. Health and safety inspectors will have a field day just viewing the evidence endlessly captured on the vlogs. This is a woman who likes to show off her HMN through her own rose-colored lenses; she's not embarrassed in the least (as any normal person would be). I suspect Dan has footage and is simply keeping it for a before-and-after comparison when the pantry is completed.
Oh I hope so love me a before and after

Reactions: 11
Brace yourselves we are about to see what rubbish gifts have been dragged to SA for Isabelle and Percy the thumb nail looks typical God awful Christmas stockings and hat !

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m sure IJ & Percy are both on the same page with their prenup. I would imagine at their ages, wills have also been discussed. They are both well off old rich people, if they are ok with it, we should be too. I hope they both share love and friendship with each other. If you marry for money, you earn every penny of it.
I love prenups - and actually think they are quite romantic. People of means can protect themselves (on both sides) and lay out all the parameters that matter to them at the start of a relationship in a logical/rational manner. Anything and everything can be negotiated and included. If there are bumps in the road and relationships severed, there is an agreed upon roadmap in place. Usually, you keep what you brought to the union and share (based on a pre-agreed formula) what you "earned together" throughout the 'marriage'. So civilized. Be sure to use good lawyers!

Reactions: 14
I would just be so embarrassed if any of my friends found out I was actually posting items to these people. What on earth do they want them for? Do the poor sods think they are actually acknowledged by these over indulged, money grabbing, greedy people? So sad, so very, very sad. It just emphasises just how lonely people are all over the world. I just want to scream STOP with your gifts and hard earned money!!! Get out and make some real friends who will care about you and love you in return for your generous spirits.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

"Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona se queda."

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.