The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan's latest vlog... Not all his fans are happy with his new turn.

Paul
15 hours ago
Why do we have to still watch you at the chateau? I could watch her blog if I wanted to see the chateau. And I don’t. Where are your children and your wife? Have you left them for Stephanie? I hope not. Get back to your house and family. PLEASE!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Either way it's not his call. He's hired to do certain jobs and I read the fact that he chose to do something else as a sign of his undue involvement with her HMN. Like I said, I've seen it happen over and over again, people thinking they can decide what needs doing in her shittoo. It never ends well.

I did not say it was done without her knowledge, I said it wasn't on her list of priorities. There's a huge difference.
I am completely mystified as to what her list of priorities may be, apart from buying more junk for her shiteau.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Dan's vlog :

I'm wondering the same...

Jade
19 hours ago
Great vision. Just wondering why you’d take those fantastic historical embedded shelves with their hardware and all . No doubt there is a very practical answer. Anyhow interested as opposed to opinionated. IE I have no preference, just curious.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Have you forgotten the awful Wedgwood project? Finishing something, just for the sake of finally achieving something on TV, well it isn't always the best option, if it's done by SJ. I'd say, she should stay in London and hire a project manager for a while... but then she can't sell her chateloonie image to her worshippers, and even they might get bored of her girly-giggling trying-on-dresses sessions (better option for this, e.g. the Clueless movie)
That cleaning out the London closet sequence was for her and her co-host alone- nobody cares about that stupid stuff- she was purging from her closet while he was clawing his way out of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Paul
15 hours ago
Why do we have to still watch you at the chateau? I could watch her blog if I wanted to see the chateau. And I don’t. Where are your children and your wife? Have you left them for Stephanie? I hope not. Get back to your house and family. PLEASE!!
perhaps because he is employed by sj, and if he has to be there, why not make a vlog

Reactions: 20
Oh what a sad day, Stephanie, Gigolo and Tartan Half Brother spending their last moments with IJ & Percy in SA - & then it’s off to London to rest before Stephanie & Gigolo suddenly decide they must gather their strength again and head to Venice.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Oh what a sad day, Stephanie, Gigolo and Tartan Half Brother spending their last moments with IJ & Percy in SA - & then it’s off to London to rest before Stephanie & Gigolo suddenly decide they must gather their strength again and head to Venice.
It's a hard knock life for them. So many vacations to take but oh so little time!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
perhaps because he is employed by sj, and if he has to be there, why not make a vlog
I agree. Dan is making daily vlogs, and working at the chateau is a part of his normal routine. Seems reasonable to film there to me. And he’s working on a pantry…a utilitarian room. I mean, it’s not going to “steal SJ’s thunder” (so to speak). If SJ can’t let Dan take a couple of days to finally restore a pantry that she let crumble for the last 17 years, she’s really got major issues. Just imagine how much could get done if everyone just tackled these little projects and finished them one day at a time.

Reminds me of the first few lines of a poem my grandmother used to quote…

“Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the beauteous land”

– Julia A. Carney, 1845

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I wonder if Dan's work on the chateau pantry is a way of not only trying to impress Fanny but to impress Amaury too. Perhaps he is thinking that he and Amaury could be the 'dream team' to work together on more 'renovations' ?

• Heart
  • Sick
I thought amythsts were purple / violet ? Anyone ?
Amethyst do vary in shades of purples... the lightest being Rose de France which is edges on the side of pink and then Lavender but purple being the underlying colour. That could be quartz crystal as it is looks too clear to be amethyst unless the image doesn't do its colours justice. The darker the crystal the more expensive. Whichever it is, it's certainly taken her fancy... maybe her Hawain friend hint hint x

Reactions: 14
@JackSpratt
You are welcome! :giggle:
I love the way the owner answered the two Canadian women about the heating in his chateau : "It's partially heated : electric radiators and heat pump but no central heating" !

Good luck ladies ! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Dearest Lizzybean,
If Snorty has been hired to be the “purchaser of stuff” then he should be fired. He does not represent SJ style, education or class. They both like to shop, yes. They both like clothes, laddies shoes and China, yes. But their taste in these items are completely different. Initially SJ allowed him to purchase items but now she voiced her distaste.
Also, SJ shot his video for him so is he paying her to be camerawoman? If not why is she paying him?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Paul
15 hours ago
Goodness gracious - comments like this are so far-fetched and ridiculous. Does Paul really think that comment is going to make Dan do something? I couldn't be a youtuber - I'd be ripping that person a new one. I'd have all these ridiculous people blocked! But then you don't get the engagement clicks. Such a weird world we live in these days. I'll just be over here shaking my head, lol!

• Heart
I love the way the owner answered the two Canadian women about the heating in his chateau : "It's partially heated : electric radiators and heat pump but no central heating" !

Good luck ladies ! 😅
But hey, it was more important to ask whether the castle is haunted. All these people need a reality check and stop watching Disney movies.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Do some people just not get what being a youtuber is? Dan is trying to make it on youtube. Hence the need for any kind of content he thinks people are going to watch. He knows how to do pointing. He has done it at his own place. It only makes sense that he asked SJ if he can take that on and film it for his channel. Try it out and see how his views go. If they bomb, they try something different. I have a feeling he does pretty well when he films at the chateau. I doubt very seriously that he would do all this w/o getting his normal rate of pay (or higher) - making it an even sweeter deal for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There have been quite a few posts in this thread (and before) about the Lalande B&B income. I found some of the amounts slightly bewildering! I've had a stab at some figures. Apologies in advance, it's a lengthy missive!

Forgetting about the two gites, as I'm not sure how much they were used as letting accom rather than overspill, there are five B&B "letting rooms" (the maximum allowed for a B&B): four are double and one is a single. I think one bedroom - the yet to be revamped blue room with wallpaper-made-to-match-the existing - is off limits as a letting room?

The B&B rates are per room per night. I've used the room rates quoted by @Ann G. in post #138 ref Chambre de la Tour for double occupancy, I.e. 165€ per night, and applied the single occupancy fig.of 130€ per night she quoted for the one single room.

I've used a "letting season" of 1st May to 31st October, which equates to 26 long.weekends, B&B bookings taken over Thurs/Fri/Sat nights. Patreon guests, possibly YT fans and the odd hanger on (Vivienne and her daughter...assuming they paid to stay).

In theory, maximum bookings based on 3 nights for 26 weekends:

3 night stay, double occupancy: 495€ X 4 rooms = 1980€

3 night stay, single occupancy: 390€
Total 2370€
Weekends X 26
Total forp6 months 61, 620€

Extra: dinner 50€ p.p., option to have "grazing board" and wine for supper on 1 night (20€? p.p.).

There are endless vagaries, obviously. Maybe room rates differ. Maybe singletons occupied one or more or the double rooms on any given w/end. Maybe some only booked two nights. Maybe there was the occasional one nighter. Maybe special people (Jason whatsit, aka Salvador Dali's love child. made a great fuss about the dates he was in France) wheedled and chivvied to stay midweek and/or for longer than 3 nights. Etc, etc.

The biggest "maybe" is whether or not Lalande was ever - and will ever be - at maximum occupancy on any given weekend, much less throughout the May/October B&B season. Not forgetting that there might have been weekends when no bookings were taken at all.

The success of the B&B is entirely down to Chateau Diaries' presence on YT amd Patreon. That's quite clear, even though it seems bizarre. Bookings are more or less guaranteed for this coming summer, such is the as yet untapped pool of supporters. Goodness knows if there will be repeat bookings?!

Nobody will ever know precisely how much income the B&B and gites generate or the expenses offset against the income. Which, to me, is how it should be: tax affairs are private and between you, your accountant (whose role is to legitimately minimise tax liability!) and the taxman (who role is basically to challenge an accountant's tax computations!) . The same applies to YT income generated by CD, another entity within SJ's affairs.

How SJ chooses to spend her disposable income is entirely down to her. The thorn in her side is her cavalier attitude to accounting generally and the Association in particular. The two most important things regarding the Association accounts are:

1. Patreon funds (amounts which are in the public domain) raised from patrons, making them members of the Association, are accurately reflected in the Association's (sole) income. If not, why not?

2. Expenses met by the Association fall within expenditure allowed

If SJ screwed up, if she ignored her accountant's advice, if not the advice was ill-judged or negligent, it's no defence to giggle, smile seductively and toss her hair while saying "sorry, silly me!". This applies to the Association and her business/personal tax affairs.

(There are music workshops - twice a year?. I imagine the cost of the "package" - accom and effectively having use of the whole house - is open to negotiation. Breakfast, lunch and supper provided. Possibly the workshop organiser produces their own cook who sources food (thinking of Chef Nikki who arrived to cook for a workshop during the summer of 2020.))

Reactions: 14
Wasn't there talk of a new intro for the chateau diaries. Weren't we let to believe that Dan the camera man's input was more than just the advent vlogs??!!

Reactions: 18
I have been Dan. I think I can shed some light on why he’s doing the pantry. Here’s a couple examples:

I have reorganized a clothing and possessions horde many times on and off for 30 years for my rich aunt. She has a very hard time disposing of anything. I can’t explain it, but there’s something about seeing a person with a horrible mess and having a need to help fix it. You think if you can just reset them, they will keep it taken care of going forward. Nope.

They got that way for a reason, and after you fix them, they will end up there again because their head is messed up. She has beautiful things, a huge beautiful home, and way too much tit. (My aunt). She also doesn’t like seeing messes, so she stuffs every drawer, cupboard, closet, basket, or shelf with random tit. But she would saw her arm off before she’d throw away an old mint or hair pin. She has fifty sets of china. She has 4 walk in closets. She has a silver place settings for 60 people.

She is just a normal, random person. She didn’t have kids (she highjacked me apparently) 🙄. At one time she had 9 dogs, and 12 porch cats. She’s currently driving her 4th husband insane. He’s a very nice man. She’s bi-polar with a ptsd diagnosis. Most bipolar people are narcissistic (it can’t be helped, it’s mainly because they are unwell). She’s very pretty (looks like Catherine Zeta Jones) and has love bombing down to a science. She’s also incredibly generous. She’s been giving away her toys and giving people presents since she was a toddler. It’s hard to explain, but she brings out an overwhelming feeling that you have to help her. She made a lot of money on her own, she was outstanding in selling to people (mainly due to her love bombing ways). A person like this with a lot of money is like a fire with gas.

Being around her is not uninteresting, but it’s also not normal. It’s like she sucks the life out of you. She can also be contrary and piss you off to the point that you don’t care if you ever lay eyes on her again. We’re family, so we get over it, I don’t think I would with a random person.

Back to Dan and the others that have gone before him. I can see where they thought they’d fix things and she’d appreciate it and it would just go on forever. She probably had them thinking she was just happy to have things sorted and that they could operate independently, and she was so grateful. Until she wasn’t. Or got distracted. Or moved on to the next thing.

As long as Dan happy with his compensation and it’s not hurting his family, then I say who cares. But he needs to look out for himself first, and stand up for himself if it gets out of hand. That goes for all of them. She is never going to change.

And yes, as I write this is am spending too much time away from my business to help my aunt empty every closet and cupboard in her 6000 sq foot house because she’s had it painted and cupboards and closets re-done. I’m arranging for charity pick ups and talking her out of buying more new furniture. It totally sucks, and I don’t want to do it. But I am compelled. She’s also in her 70’s and no one else is going to help her. Just when she was getting on my last nerve a couple weeks ago, she hands me a check for $5000 to say thank you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I like the incidental violin music the Fleuries sometimes use on their vlogs. I think it might be a Ravel String Quartet, anyone know the piece? I tried Shazam but got no results.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.