The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Squirrel gigolo 🤣🤣

She is the chocolate fireguard equivalent of the floral vloggers.
I thought Percy was annoyed and "had it" but the camera was on and the presents started to fly out . When you are ill and very tired that is sort of what you feel like all the time.... I bet he is just waiting for Fanny and her circus to leave.
I think IJ has cataracts and they need to be done ..... she holds things up to her eyes for many years now.
Squirrel Gigolo was not my problem today ... it was Gerry! His "act" gets old ! I think Percy finds him annoying too.
You cannot tell me she carried soaps and tragic costume jewellery all that way.... I bet there were other $$ items for them that she did not want to show.
I just hope people look at this with eyes wide open...... here they are in a expensive home - one of many- and people should not send money or things to them ! There are other people in the world that need it FAR more than this lot!!!!
He seems like a cranky old git, every time he’s on camera I feel like he’s going to say something embarrassing like a creepy uncle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Electric heaters and a pompe à chaleur, invest in some good thermal undies then. They're all bloody mad, good luck to them! Have dealt enough with chateaus and their upkeep since living here to know I'd never ever want one. It's people's naivety with all that owning one entails that never ceases to amaze me. Especially those who do not have the full financial means to begin with. The German couple, the bathroom in the toile room, no tiles under the bath for the enevitable water that gets on the floor (worked in a chateau with a bathroom almost exactly the same) that wood will eventually turn black from water damage. I still think there are a lot of people who take on these chateaus with the idea of B&B or Gite complexes even, thinking it will not be a full time job, it is you'll hardly ever have any time off yourselves unless you've the money to employ staff but you're never 'off duty'. At least the Canadian ladies decided against it in the end, suddenly the penny dropped that it's not all princesses in floaty dresses it's pure hard graft.
Too right JackSpratt, and we would know. We are one of those 'lot' that have a Chateau in France, but we're not morons, we bought a petit château, fully renovated, plus WE KNOW what we're doing, we have been in hospitality for over thirty years and knew exactly what it needs to make money here.
Interesting point, to have a chambres d'hotes in France you are a 'micro-entrepreneur' (you're a fool if you start a SARL to run a B&B) and micro-entrepreneurs can not employ staff. Also, SJ's Association is operating illegally by all accounts and that is just from what she tells us!
I can not get over how all these Chateau channels expect people to pay (patreon, bymeacoffee, kickstart etc) for their Chateau that they will then reap the benefits when they sell. They ARE NOT National Monuments, the government here steps in when it is a true 'Monument National', these places are private mansions and they are a dime a dozen, believe me!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Squirrel gigolo 🤣🤣

She is the chocolate fireguard equivalent of the floral vloggers.
Good evening Gibson,

I haven’t been watching GAG or other CD for a while, but having read some of these points it would seem SJ has taken tat for mummy dearest to SA? I thought she only travelled with hand luggage (cos she’s too tight to pay for hold luggage). So who delivered all the TaT - UPS, Parcels Direct or family members of the crappy LaLa Peacocks?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Me too, as he doesn't do priorities. The point is: she did not ask him to do this, this is him digging himself in deeper in her shittoo.

Oh, I get it just fine. My main worry is that some people don't get what working for SJ is like. But I've said my thing and issued my warnings and I do realize that there's little anyone of us can do to prevent things going south for Dan at the shittoo. Like I said, I've seen it happen over and over.
I agree, I think eventually it will wear off. Although he is resilient and I reckon already looking forward to other things. Forewarned is forearmed.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Good evening Gibson,

I haven’t been watching GAG or other CD for a while, but having read some of these points it would seem SJ has taken tat for mummy dearest to SA? I thought she only travelled with hand luggage (cos she’s too tight to pay for hold luggage). So who delivered all the TaT - UPS, Parcels Direct or family members of the crappy LaLa Peacocks?
Mrs O, long time no see. I have a bit of catching up to do. Good evening back to you.
I have to confess to not watching either. Work has been very tiring of late, long days and little down time. Consider myself lucky though.
I do like how Michael has been consistent with his Cry me river annual vlog. Must be nearly a year since the last one which sent many a Tattler over to the thread.
I am finding it easier to catch up with this one though. Nothing has changed in Shittoo land.

He seems like a cranky old git, every time he’s on camera I feel like he’s going to say something embarrassing like a creepy uncle
In England we would say Uncle Kn*bhead, if anyone is familiar with Peter Kay there's a great sketch which reminds me of him.🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She’s only open Thursday to Sunday so that’s 3 nights a week! 32 x 3 is 96. So she pays Nati full time for 96 days a year? Handy job!
Wow! I never realized what a complete slacker she is...3 nights a week is nuts! Working a third of the year must be nice.

Reactions: 13
The Steamline suitcase she pulled those ridiculous gifts from is worth a great deal more than its contents cost about £700 + if I remember correctly, brave to put that on the airline conveyor belt but there again if someone else paid for mine I would not be so nervous, I would take mine carefully out of car boot only and use cheaper one for air travel not that I have done either for almost 2 years unlike some.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Afforded myself another little titter this morning. I have been interested as to what The One Ball Wonder would have as a job description in the 17th century French Court. I knew that there was a 'pis boy' who wandered about carrying a bucket for the elites, but on reading the toilet practices that existed at the time, was an eye opener, or should I say nostril opener. They basically emptied their orifices where they stood in the chateaux, surrounded by opulence. Maybe that explains Fannys crappy yellow bedspread and dying box hedges. It was common for the ladies of the court not to wear any knickers, in order to make 'toiletting' more simple. Well done Fanny for continuing age old traditions.
This clip is from Mel Brooks 'History of the World Part 1'. It's a rather funny send up of history and your mention of the 'pis boy' brought this clip to mind. 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The Steamline suitcase she pulled those ridiculous gifts from is worth a great deal more than its contents cost about £700 + if I remember correctly, brave to put that on the airline conveyor belt but there again if someone else paid for mine I would not be so nervous, I would take mine carefully out of car boot only and use cheaper one for air travel not that I have done either for almost 2 years unlike some.
Yes, had to cancel out little trip to the sun at New Year because of all the red tape, forms and tests … first for almost two years. Seems some people are immune to travel restrictions and following government rules! Brings to mind the grenade thrower who walks away and leaves chaos and misery behind.

• Heart
Can someone please and thank you post the Cadeaux opening in SA. I can’t seem to find it?!?!?!

Percy looks so frail and ill. My thinking is that if Percy passes, that IJ won't want to stay in South Africa on her own. That's when she'll come back to LaLande. And then there will be fireworks.
OMG can you imagine the wailing in the comments if Percy or IJ die! I am not wishing this, merely commenting on the superfans obsession with people they don't know. I've only scanned comments but I haven't seen any on IJ's covid diagnosis from SJ at Christmas. How truthful was this?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I like the incidental violin music the Fleuries sometimes use on their vlogs. I think it might be a Ravel String Quartet, anyone know the piece? I tried Shazam but got no results.
Most vloggers are using copyright free music. They pay a fee and can access a library of music to use without having to pay the major labels license fees. I've not really noticed one track standing out in their vlogs...they pick a mix of styles from gypsy jazz to baroque chamber music. I tried Shazam on their last vlog where the music starts around 3:38 and it was by My Second Plan, title Influgrent, but I'm not sure if this was the track you were referencing:

Reactions: 13
I can't post my comment to the cadeau vlog so I'll post here...

So sorry to learn Mummy is cockeyed. Speedy recovery! xxxooo

• Haha
  • Heart
A2AA18D0-A5FB-41AA-98A6-4B2CEBFDCE80.jpeg

So how much did it cost to take a suitcase on 2 airplanes just so Mummy can receive chapstick? These people are sick in the head!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Finally catching up on Chateau DIY and I have to vent to somebody that Matt and Helen's decoration scheme is a travesty. It looks like 1982 Vegas. Really, really horrible.
This is the tragic arc of reno. People kill themselves to restore and renovate and then install 80s Vegas bordello wallpaper. I am fearing Tracey French Farmhouse's choice of wallpaper, which she's already said is chateau worthy though going into a farmhouse 😨 with all of Budo's beautiful oak doors and windows and mantels and panelling. My heart will be broken.

I wonder if his work on his "studio" and SJ's pantry isn't his way of practicing in preparation to try and take on the pointing etc job of the exterior of the Chateau.
I think he wants Amaury's help in replacing his barn beam down the line. But I don't think his repointing the pantry is the favor that would secure Amaury's help. I think this is in line with growing his vlog, like the time he asked Nicki Positano for her pizza recipe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The way I see Dan’s motivation for pantry reno:
1. Dan has been asked to be at chateau to ensure radiators ok or some such thing
2. He has to meet his daily vlog schedule
3. It’s cold outside and he hates working outside.
4. Dan hates gardening
5. It’s been impossible for him to purchase appropriate work gear as he wasted his money on RayBans as he is a nob head
6. Doing SJ pantry means she pays for materials.

I am sure with Ian and Amaury in residence she doesn’t need a DIY hack doing renovations.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think he wants Amaury's help in replacing his barn beam down the line. But I don't think his repointing the pantry is the favor that would secure Amaury's help. I think this is in line with growing his vlog, like the time he asked Nicki Positano for her pizza recipe.
Also, his recent post with a shirtless Amaury thumbnail from the summer '21 pergola exercises got 39K views, up substantially from his usual 27-32K.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Most vloggers are using copyright free music. They pay a fee and can access a library of music to use without having to pay the major labels license fees. I've not really noticed one track standing out in their vlogs...they pick a mix of styles from gypsy jazz to baroque chamber music. I tried Shazam on their last vlog where the music starts around 3:38 and it was by My Second Plan, title Influgrent, but I'm not sure if this was the track you were referencing:
Yes that was the piece of music, all plucky strings. I thought it might have been Ravel as Shazam wasn't recognising it for me. Thanks for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
OMG can you imagine the wailing in the comments if Percy or IJ die! I am not wishing this, merely commenting on the superfans obsession with people they don't know. I've only scanned comments but I haven't seen any on IJ's covid diagnosis from SJ at Christmas. How truthful was this?
I’ll be sure to send numerous black silk nighties and robes for her 6 month mourning period. Perhaps some black feathered high heeled boudoir slippers she can wear outside when she rises to greet the afternoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.