The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't there talk of a new intro for the chateau diaries. Weren't we let to believe that Dan the camera man's input was more than just the advent vlogs??!!
From the CD's 1/20/22 live chat...

The Chateau Diaries @Metronama1 I will reintroduce a shorter intro (with music!) once I’ve made a new one - I’m working on it with @escape to rural France

Reactions: 13
I love the way the owner answered the two Canadian women about the heating in his chateau : "It's partially heated : electric radiators and heat pump but no central heating" !

Good luck ladies ! 😅
Electric heaters and a pompe à chaleur, invest in some good thermal undies then. They're all bloody mad, good luck to them! Have dealt enough with chateaus and their upkeep since living here to know I'd never ever want one. It's people's naivety with all that owning one entails that never ceases to amaze me. Especially those who do not have the full financial means to begin with. The German couple, the bathroom in the toile room, no tiles under the bath for the enevitable water that gets on the floor (worked in a chateau with a bathroom almost exactly the same) that wood will eventually turn black from water damage. I still think there are a lot of people who take on these chateaus with the idea of B&B or Gite complexes even, thinking it will not be a full time job, it is you'll hardly ever have any time off yourselves unless you've the money to employ staff but you're never 'off duty'. At least the Canadian ladies decided against it in the end, suddenly the penny dropped that it's not all princesses in floaty dresses it's pure hard graft.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wasn't there talk of a new intro for the chateau diaries. Weren't we let to believe that Dan the camera man's input was more than just the advent vlogs??!!
All we got was the rushed holiday Mr and Mrs Advent drone shot because all the pre filmed Advent stuff done on her many Honeymoons in the summer had to be left on the cutting room floor- she filmed THOSE before she was outed BOINKING the volunteer by Ch 4! I am sure THOSE vignettes were perpetuating their PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP (ie footage never to be seen). Hence the putting CamelPud on payroll. Hence the oh-so-exhausting scramble for new material. Lying requires so much more energy than just telling the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I like the incidental violin music the Fleuries sometimes use on their vlogs. I think it might be a Ravel String Quartet, anyone know the piece? I tried Shazam but got no results.
They list the source of their music in the descriptions of their videos with links to it. I think they mentioned some of it is by, or performed by a friend of theirs.

Reactions: 14
I have been Dan. I think I can shed some light on why he’s doing the pantry. Here’s a couple examples:

I have reorganized a clothing and possessions horde many times on and off for 30 years for my rich aunt. She has a very hard time disposing of anything. I can’t explain it, but there’s something about seeing a person with a horrible mess and having a need to help fix it. You think if you can just reset them, they will keep it taken care of going forward. Nope.

They got that way for a reason, and after you fix them, they will end up there again because their head is messed up. She has beautiful things, a huge beautiful home, and way too much tit. (My aunt). She also doesn’t like seeing messes, so she stuffs every drawer, cupboard, closet, basket, or shelf with random tit. But she would saw her arm off before she’d throw away an old mint or hair pin. She has fifty sets of china. She has 4 walk in closets. She has a silver place settings for 60 people.

She is just a normal, random person. She didn’t have kids (she highjacked me apparently) 🙄. At one time she had 9 dogs, and 12 porch cats. She’s currently driving her 4th husband insane. He’s a very nice man. She’s bi-polar with a ptsd diagnosis. Most bipolar people are narcissistic (it can’t be helped, it’s mainly because they are unwell). She’s very pretty (looks like Catherine Zeta Jones) and has love bombing down to a science. She’s also incredibly generous. She’s been giving away her toys and giving people presents since she was a toddler. It’s hard to explain, but she brings out an overwhelming feeling that you have to help her. She made a lot of money on her own, she was outstanding in selling to people (mainly due to her love bombing ways). A person like this with a lot of money is like a fire with gas.

Being around her is not uninteresting, but it’s also not normal. It’s like she sucks the life out of you. She can also be contrary and piss you off to the point that you don’t care if you ever lay eyes on her again. We’re family, so we get over it, I don’t think I would with a random person.

Back to Dan and the others that have gone before him. I can see where they thought they’d fix things and she’d appreciate it and it would just go on forever. She probably had them thinking she was just happy to have things sorted and that they could operate independently, and she was so grateful. Until she wasn’t. Or got distracted. Or moved on to the next thing.

As long as Dan happy with his compensation and it’s not hurting his family, then I say who cares. But he needs to look out for himself first, and stand up for himself if it gets out of hand. That goes for all of them. She is never going to change.

And yes, as I write this is am spending too much time away from my business to help my aunt empty every closet and cupboard in her 6000 sq foot house because she’s had it painted and cupboards and closets re-done. I’m arranging for charity pick ups and talking her out of buying more new furniture. It totally sucks, and I don’t want to do it. But I am compelled. She’s also in her 70’s and no one else is going to help her. Just when she was getting on my last nerve a couple weeks ago, she hands me a check for $5000 to say thank you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes, I’ve seen enough of the “Hoarding” shows on TV to know that there’s some deep mental health issues behind someone who hoards. It’s like an addiction. You want to help the person…but unless they want the help, it won’t work.

Something that I’ve recognized in myself when I’m renovating my home (and I’m working to change this) is that I like to see the “potential” in a space. When I have a blank slate (like an empty room), I think of all the possibilities of what I could do with it. All the different paint colors or wallpaper, furniture, art, lighting, etc. Then I become “paralyzed” because I don’t want to commit to one thing…I feel like once I do, all those other “cool possibilities” are gone. I sometimes wonder if SJ does something similar? She buys all these things with the intention of using them, but just can’t decide on what she really wants to do…so she keeps putting it off. The thing is…the HMN has so many rooms that she has the ability to use everything. If it ends up not working in one space, there’s plenty of other places to use it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am completely mystified as to what her list of priorities may be, apart from buying more junk for her shiteau.
Me too, as he doesn't do priorities. The point is: she did not ask him to do this, this is him digging himself in deeper in her shittoo.

Do some people just not get what being a youtuber is?
Oh, I get it just fine. My main worry is that some people don't get what working for SJ is like. But I've said my thing and issued my warnings and I do realize that there's little anyone of us can do to prevent things going south for Dan at the shittoo. Like I said, I've seen it happen over and over.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
On topic, off topic: Is the show "Land Girls" good? I saw it in my PBS on demand section .

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My issue with Dan is that he refers to others like Stephanie and Amaury a lot more than Annaliese, and with more warmth. I think the snippet he left in of her saying goodbye was disgusting, could he manage to crack a smile at the mother of his children or give her a friendly farewell? No, he was very short with her interrupting his important vlogging, but still thought it suitable to include it to flesh out the storyline of forgetting to go to school.

I dunno I just don't get the sense he treats her well and if he does he needs to balance out the way he's shown relating to others with how he relates to her, even if it's just speaking about her positively on occasion. I don't wanna watch someone who prioritises their own interests over the family and does a shoddy job of caring for his children on the occasions he's in the driver's seat.
Exactly my thoughts, too. His legacy are 200 videos about Lalande, calling his kids number 1 and 2 and being short with her

Reactions: 9
It's a 200 year old farmhouse/ruin. I wouldn't expect that it's a candidate for the cover of House and Garden Magazine or the French equivalent . And they only paid something like Euros 24K for all of it, three dilapidated buildings on one acre to be renovated. Then Thomas and Jack came along and you know what happens when kids arrive. Expensive little tackers.
What exactly happens when kids arrive? You don't have time to bring your trash to the dump? You can't keep your place tidy? Have to disagree here, sorry. Most people I know have kids, a job, hobbies, pets and a clean house and garden.... And a clean car☺. And without help... And also have to disagree, kids especially at this age are not expensive. It's only a matter of management and wise choices not to buy crap.

Reactions: 12
Ok so I was in Waterstones (a bookstore) yesterday and I noticed our Don Jarvis's new read - she thought it AMAZING!
Firstly, SJ you presented this as a charity shop find, which of course it wasn't, seeing it was a recent release and a 2022 edition cover.

View attachment 1029558
View attachment 1029559-

Secondly, I read the recommendations on the back sleeve. Note Amanda Foreman's it may suggest why Don Jarvis thought the book to be so AMAZING. Her reading literature speaks to her need for status and ownership. She doesn't strike me as a particularly clever person as she hints to this need in almost all vlogs, when one would assume one would conceal it as much as poss, but then again, I questioned if she were goading us Tartlets with it. I would guess she knows all too well the majority of her militia and patrons hang off of every word she utters and don't feel the need to question her sincerity.

View attachment 1029566View attachment 1029567
Anyone here read this? What new forms of grifting has Fanny learnt from it?
I have been lucky to pick up a few new books in secondhand shops but I don't believe Fanny did! I just put a hold on it at my local library.

Reactions: 4
I do not think any one can change Steph hoarding habit, she will always buy junk. If Dan can make money out of cooking at the chateau then why not make life easier for himself and everyone else by having a good pantry ? You cannot polish a turd and if a place is a mess in the first place it is very difficult to bring order, if you start a fresh as they have done here stripping out completely then you have a chance. BUT it needs someone to take charge and organise, like Ams workshop. The volunteers over the years have arrived at a mess and probably all added to it because it was bigger than any one of them. The Boss SJ and IJ did not care. It is on both of them that the pantry, the attic, the out buildings were / are such a mess. Without throwing anything away, there is no excuse for the drop kick method of storage, they have loads of space and should spend days on end simply tidying up, sweeping up, then go back through everything and sort out the keep, chuck, charity piles. When Thomaz attacked that disgracefull laundry room it was better but not fit for purpose, they needed shelving +++ so it did not last.
A place for everything and everything in its place, true in most houses / sheds but even more so with a revolving door of volunteers.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree. Dan is making daily vlogs, and working at the chateau is a part of his normal routine. Seems reasonable to film there to me. And he’s working on a pantry…a utilitarian room. I mean, it’s not going to “steal SJ’s thunder” (so to speak). If SJ can’t let Dan take a couple of days to finally restore a pantry that she let crumble for the last 17 years, she’s really got major issues. Just imagine how much could get done if everyone just tackled these little projects and finished them one day at a time.

Reminds me of the first few lines of a poem my grandmother used to quote…

“Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the beauteous land”

– Julia A. Carney, 1845
He also mentioned, in a very swift passing, that taking down the flaking pantry hall plaster was "close to my chef's heart". To me, who spent a couple of years years ago as the sousest of chefs, that means one thing. The pantry hygiene flips out even tool-smashing, junk-hoarding, chav-worthy yard crud piles, Dan. I've watched his knife work, stove work, and plating, and he is meticulous. He's talking about mouse turds and old plaster flakes in the food.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Have you forgotten the awful Wedgwood project? Finishing something, just for the sake of finally achieving something on TV, well it isn't always the best option, if it's done by SJ. I'd say, she should stay in London and hire a project manager for a while... but then she can't sell her chateloonie image to her worshippers, and even they might get bored of her girly-giggling trying-on-dresses sessions (better option for this, e.g. the Clueless movie)
She could just stay in her bedroom and let them get on with it. Send the phone out with some volunteer, vlogs would probably improve.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Again, it's not about that. It's about their game of smoke and mirrors, suggesting a reality we all know is fake and when we prove it is, they just claim we "assumed" something. It's like calling all news you don't like "fake".
You've touched the core of her smoke&mirrors game. It's sad to see us also questioning ourselves, our perceptions, going back checking up what was said and how it should be interpreted. This is how she operates and keeps her patrons and people at Lalande tiptoeing around her, nobody's sure what was said and agreed upon. She'll deny anything unfavorable against her just claiming they've misunderstood everything.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
Lowest prices are just the beginning 😂 my man loves it too. Would never set foot in any store but Bunnings! Actually Total Tools is the big favourite 😆
Does he not go to the Super Cheap Auto in combo with Bunnings? Mine does, but like I said yesterday it's getting the stuff out of the box he has a problem with. Latest purchase is a dash cam. Has been on the dinning table for 5 days now....

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.