The Chateau Diaries #110 By the way, her Dutch love child is a talentless Prig

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Dan is in any way serious about having a career on YouTube (and he says he is, almost every episode of his no longer daily vlogs) he should immediately stop deleting comments. He made a huge mistake when he aligned his business with hers and the content he’s showing makes it clear that he has reached the point of no return: he’s convinced the viewers of his own vlog like to see him do stuff in her HMN more than they like to see him diy at his own house. He’s been thoroughly love bombed by SJ and feels he needs to defend her from critics and haters. He completely ignores the fact that his fans like him for who he is, not for who SJ thinks he should be.
I have seen this happening with so many of her staff, over and over again. They start out strong, showing off their character, but once SJ sniffs out there might be something useful in it for her, she starts moulding them into her loyal servants until they think that’s who they are and what they are there for. It never ends well, ever.

He could, but he doesn't, does he? All his work is now related to SJ. He's going to crash and burn and it won't be long, if I don't misread the signs. It was all fun and games when it started, but it isn't as much fun anymore. He might be fine in the long run, but not until he has found a way out of there.
I think Annalise may be his saving grace. She is working away from the chateau now and may be able to bring him back down to earth…..,or not. I notice Kirsty hasn’t blogged since before the party they attended at the Chateau. I think she sees thru it all. She has also been off camera on the other blogs for a while now.

Reactions: 32
I've said since the start of Dan's channel that he was under Lalande's spell. Actually, he and his family are completely dependent on the Chatelaine for their financial situation (hence, for their life in rural France).

Anneliese's part-time job at the local school + her freelance hairdresser salon in rural France are not enough.

Anneliese sent him to Lalande when she first watched the early CD vlogs. And he's made the mistake to focus only on ONE customer : Lalande.

He's trapped. He's got no choice. His "You Tube career" will work as long as he films some bits of Lalande.

No choice really unlike Matt, Ian the builder or Nick the tree surgeon.

He still can "escape" but it'll be hard. And not sure he wants to,
I like Dan. He and Annalise and the boys all lived in France and were happy long before anyone heard of Steph, Lalande and the circus show it has become. Yes Dan is very involved with the place but if it all went wrong tomorrow and You Tube was no longer a thing and it all stopped, he like anyone else who is capable, adaptable, puts in a hard days graft and has many capabilities will do just fine, he has enough backbone to stay there on his terms as long as he wants to and if he goes elsewhere it will be Steph and Lalande that will realise what they have lost.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Clara if I may ask, when did you see through to the real SJ? Did you initially fall under her spell as you say is her usual modus? Did you spot the narcissism and break away to see more from the distance or did you not have clarity until the space permitted.

Reactions: 13
Hopefully IJ read both SJ and Cameltoe the riot act in SA- she clearly reads here- as they all do-IJ is the only one with a modicum of business sense
I'm sorry to say I no longer agree. By keeping her mother at arm's length, safely tucked away in SA, SJ managed to take over the reign over everything that goes on at her shittoo. I doubt very much IJ will come to France anytime soon, but she has certainly lost grip over her darling daughter. Pandora's box has been opened and the physical and emotional curses upon her entourage can not be prevented nor erased.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I just don’t think her Patreons are very bright, she’s had over half a million euros and doesn’t seem to have anything to show for it, that is a life changing amount for a lot of people and that is why these tattle threads have gained so much traction.

I get that she’s been knocked off her perch a bit by the vast sums she’s receiving but she’s had long enough to get her act together. I get having scaffolding and the outside rendered is not sexy vlog fodder, but it needs doing, just get on with it and get moving with that disgustingly dirty blue peacock wallpaper room, she’s sourced where to buy the paper, just order it, her and snorts could get on with stripping the room, lots of breaks eating all the gift grab goodies then get a professional in to hang the wallpaper.

Since getting all the money the balance of renovation against fun and frolics seems way off, the more money the more fun and frolics where it should be more renovation.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Once IJ is gone, provided she out-lives Percy and her properties are passed down to her daugher, SJ is going to be quite the property maven.
They have made a pre nup whereby if IJ dies before Percy then all her real estate will go to her daughter and his will go to his family.

Reactions: 11
If Dan is in any way serious about having a career on YouTube (and he says he is, almost every episode of his no longer daily vlogs) he should immediately stop deleting comments. He made a huge mistake when he aligned his business with hers and the content he’s showing makes it clear that he has reached the point of no return: he’s convinced the viewers of his own vlog like to see him do stuff in her HMN more than they like to see him diy at his own house. He’s been thoroughly love bombed by SJ and feels he needs to defend her from critics and haters. He completely ignores the fact that his fans like him for who he is, not for who SJ thinks he should be.
I have seen this happening with so many of her staff, over and over again. They start out strong, showing off their character, but once SJ sniffs out there might be something useful in it for her, she starts moulding them into her loyal servants until they think that’s who they are and what they are there for. It never ends well, ever.

He could, but he doesn't, does he? All his work is now related to SJ. He's going to crash and burn and it won't be long, if I don't misread the signs. It was all fun and games when it started, but it isn't as much fun anymore. He might be fine in the long run, but not until he has found a way out of there.
Oh I hear you. I’ve been there myself sort of. On the one hand you’ve got the wild and more interesting easy money, but pure exasperation and craziness to go with it. A person who will suck the life out of you with their completely self-centered lunacy. I’m still dealing with it, but I’ve lost my temper many times with them now. I get so completely frustrated and eviscerate them now when they spiral, because I know I can drop them and I’ll be fine. They are the craziest person I know. At the same time they are the best and worst person I know. (Not saying she is). My Nutjob is a bipolar narcissist hoarder who is also my rich aunt. Thank god she wasn’t my mother. But she will suck the life force out of you.

Hopefully Dan can back off and recharge himself and his family so he can take it. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Clara if I may ask, when did you see through to the real SJ? Did you initially fall under her spell as you say is her usual modus? Did you spot the narcissism and break away to see more from the distance or did you not have clarity until the space permitted.
To SJ friendship is like spare change. I have never felt close or involved enough to SJ to call her an actual friend, so she has never had anything like that over me. I am an observer more than a direct responder, I often bite my tongue rather than show its backend. I have never been a target to her either and I've made damn sure nothing I represent is of any interest to her. I initially was impressed with her charm and fascinated by how she made it work for herself, but pretty soon recognized the many downsides for whoever rained on her parade.

I like Dan. He and Annalise and the boys all lived in France and were happy long before anyone heard of Steph, Lalande and the circus show it has become. Yes Dan is very involved with the place but if it all went wrong tomorrow and You Tube was no longer a thing and it all stopped, he like anyone else who is capable, adaptable, puts in a hard days graft and has many capabilities will do just fine, he has enough backbone to stay there on his terms as long as he wants to and if he goes elsewhere it will be Steph and Lalande that will realise what they have lost.
In an ideal world things will play out like that probably. In reality, the harm done can hurt a hell of a lot more. You only have to read the blogs of her former guardian Frank to see what her misbehavior can cause mentally. He was even more capable than Dan and managed her whole HMN by himself, veggie garden, animals, B&B, kitchen, everything. Like being Nutty, Dan and Marie in one. At the time they were thinking of buying their own chateau in the area and start a business themselves, instead they bought a tiny cottage and are still having a hard time making it all work. SJ will never mourn any loss other than her father. Dan really needs to be more careful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I hope you're right.

PS : I've never said I didn't like Dan. I just said that he's been under Lalande's spell for a long time now, which, according to @Clara Burnett happens all the time with people too close to the Chateau. Unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

He's losing his own individuality and is being eaten up by La lande...not only will he be recording his own footage for his own channel but he will be keeping stuff for SJ so when she returns she can insert some of his handywork... how he kept her up to date with progess, her preferences, exposed stone etc he may be getting paid but he is also being manipulated. He can't keep that pace up...you've only got to read the comments and concerns about his health, his safety procedures, plus he's trying to do an online course and share his time with his home life. He must fall into bed exhausted.

They have made a pre nup whereby if IJ dies before Percy then all her real estate will go to her daughter and his will go to his family.
No time to edit... this should read Have they made a pre nup? It would make sense to when each have their own fortunes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
He's losing his own individuality and is being eaten up by La lande...not only will he be recording his own footage for his own channel but he will be keeping stuff for SJ so when she returns she can insert some of his handywork... how he kept her up to date with progess, her preferences, exposed stone etc he may be getting paid but he is also being manipulated. He can't keep that pace up...you've only got to read the comments and concerns about his health, his safety procedures, plus he's trying to do an online course and share his time with his home life. He must fall into bed exhausted.

No time to edit... this should read Have they made a pre nup? It would make sense to when each have their own fortunes.
I was interested in the current discussion on Dan and Annaliese and the relationship with SJ so I had a look at some of the first of Dan's vlogs from 2020. They were so simple and amazingly enjoyable compared to the current ones. Renovation of the 200 year old farmhouse and raising a young family.. so much of the change began when he started using Lalalande as major part of the subject matter and I agree he has lost his individuality Sad..

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Good thing for him though, is he can just go mow someone else’s grass or chef someone else’s food - In a variety of places. He also now knows how to produce YouTube videos and has a monetized channel. This man has taught himself to fish as opposed to having been fed fish, so I’m sure he will be just fine. PhiPhi on the other hand, has nothing, and is allergic to fish.
I was a huge Dan fan in the beginning. You have to give him credit for his amazing 200 daily vlogs. That’s some tenacity. As much as I like him and his wee family I have tired of the down to Brico, up with the drone, out to the Chateau, soulful music formula. I hope he comes up with some better storylines. For example I enjoyed the London/restaurant trip. I know it’s not ‘escape to rural France’ but it broke the monotony mentioned above.

Reactions: 15
All good advice to MPK. Nobody wants to see a car crash due to mental health issues. I’ve felt uncomfortable watching MPK for a long time (I work in mental health). Unfortunately, while he has capacity to make unwise choices, his family can do little to stop him vlogging his chaotic/unwise lifestyle. YouTube is not a good place for him, I don’t think.
Then the masses should let him be if he stops making videos. He seems to have been going in that direction anyway. Patrons will disappear and he will have to find another way to support himself. Unfortunately, YouTube is also enabling him ,as it's giving him money yet not good for his mental health.

Reactions: 13
I hope you're right.

PS : I've never said I didn't like Dan. I just said that he's been under Lalande's spell for a long time now, which, according to @Clara Burnett happens all the time with people too close to the Chateau. Unfortunately.
I hope so too, I do think he's looking extremely tired. I know, I know young family etc but looking back at some of his earlier vlog to now. Hope he just takes care of his and his families health.

Reactions: 15
Dan's post of Thor and all I can see is dead boxwood. Next to die, the linden trees...

View attachment 1027297
She needs to give up with planting that courtyard and just pave around the edges and get some large statues to flank the entrance with large pots with bay trees or something not forgetting automatic irrigation. A lot of vloggers use the Instagram voting system to gauge what their followers want, isn’t Snorts in charge if media 😂

Reactions: 24
In an ideal world things will play out like that probably. In reality, the harm done can hurt a hell of a lot more. You only have to read the blogs of her former guardian Frank to see what her misbehavior can cause mentally. He was even more capable than Dan and managed her whole HMN by himself, veggie garden, animals, B&B, kitchen, everything. Like being Nutty, Dan and Marie in one. At the time they were thinking of buying their own chateau in the area and start a business themselves, instead they bought a tiny cottage and are still having a hard time making it all work. SJ will never mourn any loss other than her father. Dan really needs to be more careful.
I think you underestimate, vastly, the appeal of Dan's renovation videos. Many of us started watching SJ for the reno and stayed for the train wreck. And the shittoo provides Dan and his fans with endless reno content, as does his own house. If he quit Lalande tomorrow, he'd still be Dan and have plenty of video content which may not appeal to those who require train wrecks for daily spectacle. I am not the only person who is thrilled to be watching somebody repoint old stone with lime mortar -- the two Traceys, at Lalacelle and French Farmhouse Diaries, are just the ladies of a certain age to lead the pointing pack and its fans.
Your friends, who are the nicest guys, were way more mesmerized by SJ and LaLande than Dan is. They really went through a wormhole there, the costumes, the hospitality business, the food styling, the running of a large and exogamous, as they thought, farmhouse of opera and culture. There may have been wine involved, as FD recently came out as a recovering alcoholic featuring shots of a beautifully laid new year's table, beautifully styled food, and wine with two beautifully styled goblets. (No recovering alcoholic I know drinks wine or objectifies it in sensuous pictures.)
I don't see Dan doing anything like that. Not. Anything. His barn alone provides him with five years of reno content I, and thousands of others, will be delighted to watch. The movement of Annalise and the scrumptious little boys into rural Francophone society is a trend gathering momentum all his fans are thrilled to see. And, proverbially, notoriously, away from Lalande and everything insular and incestuous and immoral that it stands for.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She needs to give up with planting that courtyard and just pave around the edges and get some large statues to flank the entrance with large pots with bay trees or something not forgetting automatic irrigation. A lot of vloggers use the Instagram voting system to gauge what their followers want, isn’t Snorts in charge if media 😂
Large container planted trees would make a hell of a lot more sense. They could be moved into different configurations and changed out if they die. Container gardens can be extremely elegant and gives you flexibility. It could be stunning. Hardscaping is where you should put your money. It lasts way longer.

I think you underestimate, vastly, the appeal of Dan's renovation videos. Many of us started watching SJ for the reno and stayed for the train wreck. And the shittoo provides Dan and his fans with endless reno content, as does his own house. If he quit Lalande tomorrow, he'd still be Dan and have plenty of video content which may not appeal to those who require train wrecks for daily spectacle.
Your friends, who are the nicest guys, were way more mesmerized by SJ and LaLande than Dan is. They really went through a wormhole there, the costumes, the hospitality business, the food styling, the running of a large and exogamous, as they thought, farmhouse of opera and culture. There may have been wine involved, as FD recently came out as a recovering alcoholic featuring shots of a beautifully laid new year's table, beautifully styled food, and wine with two beautifully styled goblets. (No recovering alcoholic I know drinks wine or objectifies it in sensuous pictures.)
I don't see Dan doing anything like that. Not. Anything. His barn alone provides him with five years of reno content I, and thousands of others, will be delighted to watch. The movement of Annalise and the scrumptious little boys into rural Francophone society is a trend gathering momentum all his fans are thrilled to see. And, proverbially, notoriously, away from Lalande and everything insular and incestuous and immoral that it stands for.
Good to have you back. I have missed your take on things. 😘

Reactions: 16
I was a huge Dan fan in the beginning. You have to give him credit for his amazing 200 daily vlogs. That’s some tenacity. As much as I like him and his wee family I have tired of the down to Brico, up with the drone, out to the Chateau, soulful music formula. I hope he comes up with some better storylines. For example I enjoyed the London/restaurant trip. I know it’s not ‘escape to rural France’ but it broke the monotony mentioned above.

As for Dan, why does a guy who only makes 5 minute videos need to make a "studio"? Why does he NEED a drone, and all the equipment he is acquiring? Why does he need to take online "vlogging lessons" for a daily vlogging short? How much better use of his time and money to make videos cooking for his family IMO, rather than spending so much time and money on trips to Brico, gas, wear and tear on the van, constantly more supplies?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is from the live chat 9/12/21...

Candy Williams How kind of Stephanie and Phillip to do that for their friends.
Stephanie Sharkey Does he mention price at all?
Michael Morrison @the Chateau Diaries we might need to employee your assitance in our search and you too… @Philip Janssen
Stephdayosteph can't wait to go back and watch the beginning. is this Steve/Sara's place?
Stevie B How much do we think it sold for? £900,000
Stevie B Must be close to £1,000,000?
Jimmy Connolly €2,495,000

👇 From https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59950666

One person who bought a French chateau from Mr Chassin over the past year is American, Julia Leach.
The 30-year-old was inspired to purchase one after becoming an avid viewer of Ms Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries while she lived in New York.
"The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart," says Ms Leach, who shared Jarvis' videos with her family in California.
So in April 2021, Ms Leach, her partner, sister and their parents pooled their financial resources to buy the 12-bedroom, 13th-Century Chateau du Puy Vidal in Charente, southwest France, for €2.2m (£1.8m).

I was a Dan fan. I no longer am. He has deleted this 👆. Lizzybean has too many comments, sprinklered throughout, to delete them all without raising suspicion. It's not a good look for Dan's YT channel. He is no different than the grifter he works for. Did Dan receive an urgent message from Stephanie Jarvis or was it her handler Philip Janssen that reach out???
I can't blame Dan if he has deleted comments. He still has to think about his personal income which comes from Don Jarvis.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.