The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also Brenda was a patron back in July, but it looks like she dropped off the list. She must have been donating like crazy for those bus tours.
Her strategy is clear to us now, she expects to benefit from her patreonship.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Clara Burnett Well said, choose your battles! There's no point trying to influence the super-fans. If you come from a place of reason and they come from a place of crazy, you're going to meet somewhere in the middle. Half-crazy is still crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I believe SJ is reading tattle. She went with that Snow Queen Elsa look for the Come Dine With Me evening... ❄👑
After vi just discussed how she looked like the Snow Queen of Narnia.

@MojoDublin could we add EI for Eternal Ingénue about SJ to the list of glossary? I bet she'd love to that, as she plays that part constantly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
No, that would have just blocked me from his page. They must have filed a complaint or something, because Facebook just tells me I am suspended. I can try and get it undone, but I think I'm not going to bother . Trying to pick my battles wisely.
Clara Burnett Post 3619235
All power to you. It took FB four years to suspend/ban Trump and that was only after Twitter and everyone else decided they'd had enough ie it all got to hot for Twitter et al and they were forced to ban him) and he nearly started a 2nd Civil War - you did it with one p#*ssy little critique of MP. I don't have FB so I don't know what went on, but I propose we create and award "Best post for the thread" and members vote at the beginning off the next thread for their post for the one just locked, or could have other award categories - most outrageous, best reveal/undercover agent, most humerous etc. Suggestions for categories? MojoDublin seems to have IT skills / graphic creations - virtual medal or trophy could be designed?

I’m going to work in my charisma !
I never look at peoples buy me a coffee account or pateron etc but I did just now for Marie Wiiks - she of weeds in milk bottles fame.. and this is what I see:
"Next year I hope to set up my very own floral studio in the UK, and I also hope to buy a car so that I’m able to travel and take on various floral design jobs as well as collaberations.

"Things I’ll spend your donations on: equiptment, either for the floral studio it’s self, or tech stuff, like my camera or funds to a new laptop. Extra flowers for more photos and video content. Paying for various expenses of setting up a business, like rent and setting up and running a website".

Marie can I suggest you do as most people do who want to set up a business, do your reserach, do a business plan, if its a viable prospect you'll get a bank loan for your 'studio in the UK' and all the necessary equipment. Another money grubbing parasite - learning from the best.
NorrisCS Post 3622179 Couldn't agree more. When I was at Uni I had 5 jobs. I cleaned offices (including 15 toilets) I already had accountancy qualifications so I wrote up and balanced Trust A/cs for sole practitioner Solicitors (had to be balanced monthly) - this was before computers. Worked in a cafe but mainly washed dishes etc., Did housecleaning. Did deliveries for pizza shop. My parents had no funds to help me out and in those days there was no student loans, free education or any assistance - I suggest Marie spends a little time and effort, or at the very least buy a dictionery or turn on her spellcheck - correct spelling may not be necessary for being a florist but it is required for creating marketing material and "running a website". I have only seen her floral efforts on CD and to be quite truthful my grandchildren who plonked some weeds from the side of a country road because "they're pretty Nan" did a better job. If the current trend is a messy, uneven, lanky and straggly bunch shoved in a glass jar or a single weed in a vase it's hardly Constance Spry. I actually don't mind some of the displays Angel Strawbridge does - at least she gives a nod to the seasons and acorns, berries and even bare branches can look stunning. I would imagine with with all the woods, country roads and wildflowers that abound near lalaland she should be able to create some stunning displays. Trouble is without a car, she'd have to get off her a#*se and go for a walk but first achieve some floristry skills and discover and nurture some talent.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Marie crashed the Jag and put it off the road. Ought to repair that first.
Isabelle completely smashed the Jaguar once herself, only owning up to it towards the insurance company, but telling everybody else it was a ‘hit and run job’ by somebody else, shame on them for not leaving a note, something she would have surely done herself....yeah, right...
She got Percy to fix it, obviously. She still 'owns' SJ a new car too, promised after crashing a previous one. Real good driver she is. Almost blind, but real good driver...

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Are those her actual words ? If so, even bearing in mind the language/translation, it’s nothing short of dreadful. There is something so nasty about saying ‘things I’ll SPEND YOUR MONEY ON...’ She’s a talentless, greedy grabber.

It goes to show that SSB (who can find the words for anything if it involves getting money) is no true friend, because she should have advised Floral Roadkill to take that down and help her to rephrase it ....

Agree with you completely. Go to the Bank Marie, have some independence and get a sense of pride. And go back to (floral) school or get an apprenticeship in someone else’s floral studio. You will not be able to sustain a business working as you are, tickling a few milk bottles with wilted green stems and hoping to keep your shop, er... ‘studio’ 😂 going with what you imagine will be the never ending support of Patrons. It won’t last.

And btw, If you want a car, save up for it like other youngsters of your age.
Cut and pasted from her Buy me a Coffee blurb.

Does she have the right to live in the UK as a Norwegian citizen? Has she applied to live in the UK? Does she have a British passport/citizenship or dual nationality? Does she know things changed as of 1st January 2021? As suggested she needs to do her business research and status research.
I'm not sure what her rights to live in the UK are now post Brexit - she's Norwegian and they aren't in the EU but did have some arrangement with EU member countries, not now UK is out I am sure she would have to get the necessary papers to live, work and set up a business in the UK, which realistically she just isn't going to do unless she finds a little town somewhere with no flower shop and cheap rent and locals who thinks what she does is adequate, but she's no event florist, just look at instagram to see the difference in her offerings and special event work, but there are always people who think low end and mediocre is good enough, and that's fine, there's a market for all tastes and budgets, but I think she believes she is a talented artist working with flowers and foliage creating amazing displays. Bless.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Isabelle completely smashed the Jaguar once herself, only owning up to it towards the insurance company, but telling everybody else it was a ‘hit and run job’ by somebody else, shame on them for not leaving a note, something she would have surely done herself....yeah, right...
She got Percy to fix it, obviously. She still 'owns' SJ a new car too, promised after crashing a previous one. Real good driver she is. Almost blind, but real good driver...
Does she still drive? I know that I have seen her holding things very close to her eye to try to see them. I assumed that she was no longer driving as cant remember seeing her drive on the vlogs, but maybe it just isn't shown? Clearly should have surrendered her licence.

• Sad
I always wonder how they all have so many fancy occasion wear. Mainly the volunteers, natti, Philip, selmar. I know the girls borrow an outfit off Stephanie sometimes.
Mentioned up above Philip had some clothes outfits sent to him. The new episode of the come dine with me vlog dressed very fancy. He has lots of fancy suits like this.
Selmar to me is very down to earth working man but he likes to dance to me so probably why he has a few nice outfits too.
Selmar too seems to have a few. If I was coming to a chateau or big place to work as a volunteer I wouldn't think to bring a load of fancy occasion wear. I'd turn up in a pair of jeans and jumper. All I'd have with me is some working clothes and maybe some decent tops and pants for when out and about. Nothing on their level. Stephanie does a big party fancy dinner every day nearly.
She’s known for them. Everyone done up to the nines as they say. Do people know before hand to bring lots of fancy clothes.
I'm sure the normal workawayers (before the virus I mean) who don't appear on camera and are there simply to work are just dressed normally. I know some workers become regular members on the vlogs. Then come the outfits. Probably from Stephanie or bought themselves. Everyone else just seems to have so much occasion wear.
I know natti has been there longer so has her own clothes and lots of outfits to hand
I think Philip lives there now. He includes all of his household goods with the chateau, and if he were just visiting, I can't think why he would have china sets with him. He bought all those hedgehog cards to send out to his fans.....oh wait, he doesn't have any, so he used them as menus for his dinner service. YES I'm jealous! Maybe I can move in too for a rent free home! 😅

Reactions: 7
I think Philip lives there now. He includes all of his household goods with the chateau, and if he were just visiting, I can't think why he would have china sets with him. He bought all those hedgehog cards to send out to his fans.....oh wait, he doesn't have any, so he used them as menus for his dinner service. YES I'm jealous! Maybe I can move in too for a rent free home! 😅
We finally saw the only skill the snorter has, he can carry plates.

• Haha
I was going to subscribe to this new couple and cancel my patreon to SJ. I thought they were different. How disappointing. Continuing with SJ only then, as I lobby for transparency on the 24000 now being received incoming/outgoings; project updates. On patrein she us now talking about panelling in all the bedrooms and udeas she gained re windows (after 15 years, replace glass, close curtains). No January financial update as yet. Not seeing my messages either. As a charity foundation I presume I can ask french authorities for copies of the accounts. SJ said on patreon she was happy to show the books "I have nothing to hide." I presume my enquiries won't inadvetently draw attention to the La La Lego economic universe.
All her prospective projects are decorative and window dressing, do the patrons ever challenge her and ask her why she is not addressing structual issues like the damp, or dry rot, or roof or whatever issues she might have, even getting a structural survey (as if... 😂) to give her a current report on the state of the heap? If I was qualified to do so I'd offer to give her a free structural report just so I could see the colour (ooops what colour) drain out of her face when I presented her with the findings and then I'd used my quantity surveyor skills (don't have those either) to give her a bill of quantities on how much it's going to cost to carry out the recommended works! You know that awful feeing you get in your stomach when given really bad news and your arse almost explodes with fear.... I'd love to see her white face and exploding arse when told about the state of the place.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it's a step forward with the paneling on first floor guest bedrooms if also wiring and heating are checked simultaneously. Everything could be hidden behind the paneling. I would also create 18th century style paneled casings for the windows with internal shutters. External shutters aren't in keeping with the architecture. Hopefully she also was inspired by the beautiful radiators, light switches etc. of Chateau de Fleur. If she has the money, I would also knock down the windows in the 19th century part and create juliet balconies like in her own apartment. The rooms would benefit also from plaster ceiling rosettes and corner moldings. I would also install marquees for the west facade windows to keep the rooms cool during summer.
Here's the general idea for windows in the lost lake side.

I must say I've enjoyed the last two episodes after the pretentious advent calendar.

Last edited:
I could only imagine her driving over a peacock on that lawn mower Dan is now using. 🦚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
@Clara Burnett thanks very much for your insider input - you must have virtually lived at La Lande to know all of this stuff!
Haha, no, if only. I would have spilled the beans right then and there! I could never live there and be part of SJ's shenanigans. It's a tattle-palace though, everybody talks about everybody.

We finally saw the only skill the snorter has, he can carry plates.
and squashes....

• Haha
Funny you should say this as I remember her driving recently- was it when they went to Avignon - can’t remember, and I was amazed to see her behind the wheel. She has to use a magnifying glass or hold whatever up close to her eyes just to see! No way should she be driving!

• Haha
  • Heart
Does she still drive? I know that I have seen her holding things very close to her eye to try to see them. I assumed that she was no longer driving as cant remember seeing her drive on the vlogs, but maybe it just isn't shown? Clearly should have surrendered her licence.
She did a couple of years ago, when her eyesight was already as bad. She would pick up her mother in the south of France when she was still alive to spend the summer at LaLa. Quite a character, SJ's grandmother, although I've never met her the reputation preceded her. When Isabelle introduced Percy the grandmother said to her: 'And how are you going to hold on to this one?'... You would think some self knowledge would run in the family with a sharp observer like that, but unfortunately...

Reactions: 9
Cut and pasted from her Buy me a Coffee blurb.

I'm not sure what her rights to live in the UK are now post Brexit - she's Norwegian and they aren't in the EU but did have some arrangement with EU member countries, not now UK is out I am sure she would have to get the necessary papers to live, work and set up a business in the UK, which realistically she just isn't going to do unless she finds a little town somewhere with no flower shop and cheap rent and locals who thinks what she does is adequate, but she's no event florist, just look at instagram to see the difference in her offerings and special event work, but there are always people who think low end and mediocre is good enough, and that's fine, there's a market for all tastes and budgets, but I think she believes she is a talented artist working with flowers and foliage creating amazing displays. Bless.
Agree, she thinks she is so much better than she is at floristry, but I don’t rate her. The little town with the cheap rent and local customer; does it exist, particularly in this pandemic. And what if the locals discover she’s scrounging money through her online activitie?😠

All her prospective projects are decorative and window dressing, do the patrons ever challenge her and ask her why she is not addressing structual issues like the damp, or dry rot, or roof or whatever issues she might have, even getting a structural survey (as if... 😂) to give her a current report on the state of the heap? If I was qualified to do so I'd offer to give her a free structural report just so I could see the colour (ooops what colour) drain out of her face when I presented her with the findings and then I'd used my quantity surveyor skills (don't have those either) to give her a bill of quantities on how much it's going to cost to carry out the recommended works! You know that awful feeing you get in your stomach when given really bad news and your arse almost explodes with fear.... I'd love to see her white face and exploding arse when told about the state of the place.
She needs to save money for her #1 vanity project - 'restoring' the lake back. Meanwhile she does only cheap make-overs.

Agree, she thinks she is so much better than she is at floristry, but I don’t rate her. The little town with the cheap rent and local customer; does it exist, particularly in this pandemic. And what if the locals discover she’s scrounging money through her online activitie?😠
It's a bad timing to even think about putting up a business, it'll be a long time before people start to celebrate and need her services. There's a lot of competition in her field, why would people hire her?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.