The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All her prospective projects are decorative and window dressing, do the patrons ever challenge her and ask her why she is not addressing structual issues like the damp, or dry rot, or roof or whatever issues she might have, even getting a structural survey (as if... 😂) to give her a current report on the state of the heap? If I was qualified to do so I'd offer to give her a free structural report just so I could see the colour (ooops what colour) drain out of her face when I presented her with the findings and then I'd used my quantity surveyor skills (don't have those either) to give her a bill of quantities on how much it's going to cost to carry out the recommended works! You know that awful feeing you get in your stomach when given really bad news and your arse almost explodes with fear.... I'd love to see her white face and exploding arse when told about the state of the place.
I have only ever seen one comment expressing concern. Less than a dozen offering constructive ideas eg when china pantry was discussed eg safety suggestions to add to design. Every other comment, and some are long, mostly gushing and congratulatory on achieving each money target.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
All her prospective projects are decorative and window dressing, do the patrons ever challenge her and ask her why she is not addressing structual issues like the damp, or dry rot, or roof or whatever issues she might have, even getting a structural survey (as if... 😂) to give her a current report on the state of the heap? If I was qualified to do so I'd offer to give her a free structural report just so I could see the colour (ooops what colour) drain out of her face when I presented her with the findings and then I'd used my quantity surveyor skills (don't have those either) to give her a bill of quantities on how much it's going to cost to carry out the recommended works! You know that awful feeing you get in your stomach when given really bad news and your arse almost explodes with fear.... I'd love to see her white face and exploding arse when told about the state of the place.
NORRISCS Post 3627940 Anybody out there with a direct line to the "Planning/Building/Development? Officer of the Local Government Authority? ie the appropriate people who keep tabs on buildings which are con compliant or structural unsound or not fit for human habitation. I'm not sure what the authority is called in France but I'm sure they exist. Surely and inspection can be requested and most inspections can find something which needs attention ie "money needs to be spent on" Trouble is she's use that to increase the Pateon fees - even a small fee would drag in a few 1000's more and she would make sure Selmar got the job and sshe'd keep the money. Haven't heard anything about Selmar. Is he still around? Has he woken up to her yet? Run Selmar run

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think Philip lives there now. He includes all of his household goods with the chateau, and if he were just visiting, I can't think why he would have china sets with him. He bought all those hedgehog cards to send out to his fans.....oh wait, he doesn't have any, so he used them as menus for his dinner service. YES I'm jealous! Maybe I can move in too for a rent free home! 😅
I thought he had the hedgehog cards from the Gift Grab? I recall them talking about the notecards and Philip being anxious to have them. SJ mentioned that he has been busy shopping on Ebay - I imagine his china and cutlery have been sourced since arriving at Lalalande, when he needed to develop his interest to grow a relationship with SJ.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Jeeves - Yes I think Philip mentioned in last night's video that he got the hedgehog cards from 'Cadeaux'

Btw your 'Barmy Brenda' avatar gives me the creeps ! :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m just curious - what does Nitty currently do there? She’s employed and paid to run the B&B - but the B&B is currently non-operational.

Also, has anyone ever wondered why flower-Marie went back, leaving her full time job in the UK to be a cooking slave and play at flower shops? We thought she might have been expecting something better like getting Nitty’s job but was passed over in favour of Nitty, so they had to scrabble around to find her something to save face...😉

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Looks like the premier tonight is earlier perhaps they are trialing different times as donations hasn’t been good the last two weeks.

so let’s play

guess how much they will take in tonight in donations. Two guesses per person.

prize
Im so good at this I’m practically Mystic Meg 🏆

🔮 my predictions

guess one. As MM donated 25 for natti last week and 50 for selmar the week before my guess is that Prince Phillip gets 12.50

guess two. MM who seems to be the only one who has donated in the previous two premiers might be skint. So a big fat zero
Ok I believe my second guess was right. January and all that. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@Jeeves - Yes I think Philip mentioned in last night's video that he got the hedgehog cards from 'Cadeaux'

Btw your 'Barmy Brenda' avatar gives me the creeps ! :oops:
Well, as I had an attack of the trolls accusing me of being the Donegal Mammy, started by RoseColoredGlasses and continued by a group of very short term visitors, I thought I'd leave it to Tattlers to make their own decision! She scares me too and I don't think I can carry on seeing that face every time I open this screen.
As I am pretty sure that she lurks here, I hope she enjoys it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree, she thinks she is so much better than she is at floristry, but I don’t rate her. The little town with the cheap rent and local customer; does it exist, particularly in this pandemic. And what if the locals discover she’s scrounging money through her online activitie?😠
Did anyome else find Marie very irritating when giving her little self-congratulatory speech at the end of the cooking competition? She was patting herself on the back for coming up with the idea and she suggested people could do that at home during lockdown to spread more positivity, I think with that and her little pep talks, Goddess Worshops, etc., she is the sort who latches on to self-help and positive thinking ideas but clearly they don't seem to have worked very well on her as she can be very passive-agressive and is not often happy. It's good that she is going but will she be back when she's spent all the gifted money and needs to be more in the public eye again, to replenish it?

Two gift grabs this week, then. Interesting that SJ thought PP was laughing at her for saying that a type of tea was her favourite "because you think I always say that" and then insisited it was her favourite!

SJ looked really pale and pathetic in the last Come Dine Me vlog and why would someone as scrawny as her indulge in intermittant fasting? Maybe she has even deeper problems than we think. Despite acting like a middle-aged child, she can sometimes look more like 60 or 70 when she wears certain clothes and puts her hair up, like a fragile elderly lady. I don't think she will age as well as her mother. It seemed also that she was treating Selmar as if he was really simple, telling him to display his plate as it showed how much he was liked. Mabe she was just trying to be nice but it sounded very patronising. Selmar also does react oddly, rather like a child, when he feels he has achieved something such as when he made the desserts and when he managed to trim the stone slabs. He is a lovely chap but rather "innocent" and childlike but in a different way from the childish LOTL.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I find myself increasingly distracted by her use of "Syoo-perrrb." I don't think she says "Syoo-per" does she? It isn't correct for either English or French. I am starting to wonder if we need a French- English- Stephanese translation dictionary. Her little affectations are beginning to grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Did anyome else find Marie very irritating when giving her little self-congratulatory speech at the end of the cooking competition? She was patting herself on the back for coming up with the idea and she suggested people could do that at home during lockdown to spread more positivity, I think with that and her little pep talks, Goddess Worshops, etc., she is the sort who latches on to self-help and positive thinking ideas but clearly they don't seem to have worked very well on her as she can be very passive-agressive and is not often happy. It's good that she is going but will she be back when she's spent all the gifted money and needs to be more in the public eye again, to replenish it?

Two gift grabs this week, then. Interesting that SJ thought PP was laughing at her for saying that a type of tea was her favourite "because you think I always say that" and then insisited it was her favourite!

SJ looked really pale and pathetic in the last Come Dine Me vlog and why would someone as scrawny as her indulge in intermittant fasting? Maybe she has even deeper problems than we think. Despite acting like a middle-aged child, she can sometimes look more like 60 or 70 when she wears certain clothes and puts her hair up, like a fragile elderly lady. I don't think she will age as well as her mother. It seemed also that she was treating Selmar as if he was really simple, telling him to display his plate as it showed how much he was liked. Mabe she was just trying to be nice but it sounded very patronising. Selmar also does react oddly, rather like a child, when he feels he has achieved something such as when he made the desserts and when he managed to trim the stone slabs. He is a lovely chap but rather "innocent" and childlike but in a different way from the childish LOTL.
Roadkills performance - I think it all is so scripted and forced. As they now try to bring more joy on their super fans. Yeah let’s all have a come done with me. Wonder how many actually live alone - I suspect quite a few. Or trapped in a loveless marriage. Rather than six of them living in a massive shato

anyway I’m of to plan my come dine with me with me myself and I.

I thought she looked older and what she was wearing wasn’t working. More evident when watching her dance with selmar. Sj maybe that’s one for the charity pile.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Well, for me its obvious which team won....
Don't understand why they didn't eat in the red room next to the kitchen. Less distance, hotter dishes. The dress she wore complicates eating (oops, ribbon dipped in salad dressing) but for cooking or serving - an absolute NO !
Nice idea to include dancing but you should know how to dance then....Selmar is a nice guy but he doesn't know how to waltz (nor to tango imo). Difficult to waltz if there is not much place too. And Philip definitely can't dance, he only knows how to charleston (probably that one he showed once and nothing else). With Marie leading their dancing had more swing. But let's not be too critical, it's always nice if men (try to;)) dance.
I wonder how they formed the teams, by chance or sympathy/affection or alphabet M+M+N P+S+S ?

I have only ever seen one comment expressing concern. Less than a dozen offering constructive ideas eg when china pantry was discussed eg safety suggestions to add to design. Every other comment, and some are long, mostly gushing and congratulatory on achieving each money target.
The only reason these half-wits are gushing is that they hope it will buy them a place at the high table when covid is over...

Reactions: 7
I’m just curious - what does Nitty currently do there? She’s employed and paid to run the B&B - but the B&B is currently non-operational.

Also, has anyone ever wondered why flower-Marie went back, leaving her full time job in the UK to be a cooking slave and play at flower shops? We thought she might have been expecting something better like getting Nitty’s job but was passed over in favour of Nitty, so they had to scrabble around to find her something to save face...😉
Nitty is enjoying a paid holiday till Easter courtesy of Patreon.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If Philip is splashing someone's cash buying what he percieves to be 'posh' dinner services and silverware he really needs to learn what is for what (ok I'm feeling a bit mean here and I'm usually so compassionate) but when he showed SJ his sample place setting, he had a fish knife on the bread plate, must have thought it was a butter knife! But for the main table on the night, the fish knife was where it should be, clearly his Mentor of all Fine Stuff, Stephanie, showed him where he went wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well, for me its obvious which team won....
Don't understand why they didn't eat in the red room next to the kitchen. Less distance, hotter dishes. The dress she wore complicates eating (oops, ribbon dipped in salad dressing) but for cooking or serving - an absolute NO !
Nice idea to include dancing but you should know how to dance then....Selmar is a nice guy but he doesn't know how to waltz (nor to tango imo). Difficult to waltz if there is not much place too. And Philip definitely can't dance, he only knows how to charleston (probably that one he showed once and nothing else). With Marie leading their dancing had more swing. But let's not be too critical, it's always nice if men (try to;)) dance.
I wonder how they formed the teams, by chance or sympathy/affection or alphabet M+M+N P+S+S ?
Oh definitely not by chance.

sj wanted all the men.

each team needed a leader. And an artistic table decorator.
So team one
Nutti - leader
Mari - can stick flowers in a jar and lay a table
Mandy - deadweight - her skills lie elsewhere

sj - leader
P - can stick flowers in a jar and lay a table
Selmar - deadweight - his skills lie elsewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think Philip lives there now. He includes all of his household goods with the chateau, and if he were just visiting, I can't think why he would have china sets with him. He bought all those hedgehog cards to send out to his fans.....oh wait, he doesn't have any, so he used them as menus for his dinner service. YES I'm jealous! Maybe I can move in too for a rent free home! 😅
I get the impression he’s a permanent feature (for now) , so surely he must be SJ’s current “squeeze” or why? I notice the others particularly Marie refer to them as “ you two”......like an item. @Clara Burnett what are your thoughts?

• Haha
If Philip is splashing someone's cash buying what he percieves to be 'posh' dinner services and silverware he really needs to learn what is for what (ok I'm feeling a bit mean here and I'm usually so compassionate) but when he showed SJ his sample place setting, he had a fish knife on the bread plate, must have thought it was a butter knife! But for the main table on the night, the fish knife was where it should be, clearly his Mentor of all Fine Stuff, Stephanie, showed him where he went wrong.
he forgot salt/pepper and water too. So he can’t cook, he can’t dance and he can’t set a table. I’d love to see his volunteer application ...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.