The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did he willingly sign his copyright away? So they (presumably Angel) wouldn't get into trouble? So he wasn't so duped after all. He made a bad move and someone saw an opportunity to get advantage of that. Yes, it sucks when that happens. But he could have refused to do so, and have chosen to protect his artistic property instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If anyone awake MP2 launching a personal vlog in 20 minutes. SJ encouraging everyone to watch in live chat of another gift video. This was after BJJ had written sorry everyone we are not on live chat as we and having dinner with Philip and Anna. So are you watvhing BJJ or not?
I
Ok summary for you all.
1. Confirms Angel stole his design for wallpaper. Guilted him into signing over copywrite as she had lied to the wallpaper people, promised money - did not happen.
2. Saw how Angel faked production of the sketches on ETC. Very upset.
3. Billy challenged them publically on why no credit to my brother.
4. Sadie and Michael sacked from wedding business.
5. Angel threathens Billy that she will speak to production company. After 7 months of footage Pethericks dropped by ETCDIY.
6. Started You tube as a result.
7. Tattler thread is 99% lies (didn't mention Sadie's vile racist posts).
8. Tattler are jealous stalkers. Telling vile things about his family, SJ. (I thought we were so bored of them, didn't want them discussed on this thread a seperate thread was started and nothing happened)
9. No mention of the fact he directed over 200k subscribers to Tattler through his own nasty comments re SJ.
10. He created over 200K subscribers in a year I am successful - no mention of SJ and the algorithym (spelling?) which directed traffic to his channel.
MP2 please read through all my messages. I have always retold the Angel story on multiple media sites, AND supported your contribution to CD, AND your creativity, especially ADVENT calendars AND your depression. What I will not endorse is lies, racism, begging, or a 45 year old woman taking advantage of young volunteers and lying, lying, lying about financial contributions.
thanks save me having to watch it. Any mention of the dead grandmother. Maybe that’s what’s pushed him over the edge ?

Reactions: 2
Why did he willingly sign his copyright away? So they (presumably Angel) wouldn't get into trouble? So he wasn't so duped after all. He made a bad move and someone saw an opportunity to get advantage of that. Yes, it sucks when that happens. But he could have refused to do so, and have chosen to protect his artistic property instead.
Yeah hindsight is 2020. We've talked at length about how MP and Stephanie are in over their heads and D & A are professionals. His video was about how it sucks.

Reactions: 12
Copyright law is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. A professional artist or photographer can negotiate usage terms as well as ownership of the original artwork. Is it for a billboard, a magazine ad, etc. The more established one is, the more control one has over their art. In this case, the design was very successful and rightly so as it was very pretty. If he was employed by Angel as a "house" artist and not freelance, the design belongs to the company who paid his salary. If he was working in a capacity other than artist, like makeup artist for weddings, then I believe he could be considered a freelance when it comes to the artwork. Again, it depends on the copyright laws in the country. In any case, it would all require a contract.

If he signed away the rights, then he should chalk it up to inexperience and move on. It sucks but that's life. If he has PTSD then he needs to get some help. I say that will no ill will but as someone who has had similar experiences.
Yes that is exactly the point I made I dontr think he has a case in law

Reactions: 4
How do we know they tricked him? What point is there in the fact his mother & sister were employed . No they do NOT have to prove monetary loss to make a claim for defamation..because the claim is that damage has been caused to their character & good name..the courts then make financial rewards to compensate for this!.. If MPK was employed by D&A and in the course of that work this design was created it belongs to the employers. If it is another scenario this has been cried about for over 1 year he has plenty of money from patreon why does he not lawyer up if he thinks he has a case & be done with it. But if DA produce 1 or 10 items or make $1 or $1,000,000 it doesn't matter if they hold copyright. Just another example of jealousy imho.
Okay yeah I think he's super jealous, I would be! wouldn't you?

Reactions: 1
Well that was obviously very painful for Michael to make, and excruciating to watch. I do feel for him, as temperamentally he isn't up to exposing himself and his life on a public forum. But it was too much of a pity party. He says tattle is 99% lies. But it is not false for us to say the cottage works have been a complete bodge all the way through. It is not false for us to call out his mother for erasing all negative comments in YouTube and Facebook. I am astounded by the number of people who are supporting him in the comments and think his videos are worth watching, let alone the patrons funding him.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah hindsight is 2020. We've talked at length about how MP and Stephanie are in over their heads and D & A are professionals. His video was about how it sucks.
How what sucks? I don't undersatand Did DA not give MPK employment & 2 other members of his family. I read on ETTCDIY ALL COMMENTS WELCOME that he didnt show up to do bridal make ups etc, if that is the case apart from being lousy to the bride it doesnt show great work ethic

No actually I wouldn't, I would have been grateful for 3 family members having jobs & wouldn't have bit the arm off the hand that was feeding us! And then keep the mayhem up for over a year...he needs to man up

• Heart
How what sucks? I don't undersatand Did DA not give MPK employment & 2 other members of his family. I read on ETTCDIY ALL COMMENTS WELCOME that he didnt show up to do bridal make ups etc, if that is the case apart from being lousy to the bride it doesnt show great work ethic

No actually I wouldn't, I would have been grateful for 3 family members having jobs & wouldn't have bit the arm off the hand that was feeding us! And then keep the mayhem up for over a year...he needs to man up
ohh so you know about all this from the ETTCDIY side then? 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️

Reactions: 6
It’ll be interesting to watch the Facebook groups attempt to keep discussions light and positive after this 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hello Michael.
I know you'll be reading this, as "hate" comments are like sweet mead imbibed to rot the brain. (You keep coming back for more)
I feel sorry, that you handed over the copyright, but then that's hopefully a lesson to be learned for next time. Also, good that you'll stop being somewhat naïve about life, even though, I can't believe you'll been completely sheltered your entire life - you even said it yourself, you don't like to be silenced.
I for one, like your content, even though you think Tattle.Life gives the impression of something else.
However, being a content creator is a job, or a monetised hobby, but given the subscribers, sponsores, patreons and go-fund-me you have, it would be fair to say, it's a job. It is indeed more than what many people have during this pandemic, so I hope you are grateful. Also, those people expect something from you, and it's only fair for them, that you are honest and transparent from the beginning.
Now, great minds discuss ideas and even greater minds critise them, because not all ideas are equally good; and since you are human, you are bound to be critised.
We have critised your not so diligent reseach of that rotting oak beam and your lack of wearing a hard hat.
We have critised your sister's insensitive post on Facebook - which were public (at the time)
We have critised your work ethic, e.g. promising a video, then not fulfilled your promise.
Now, if you want to moan, cry, lie in bed and feel sorry for yourself, then do it.
Then pull up your big boy Calvin Klein underpants and do something.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
If you employ someone on a daily/weekly basis either on or off site & part of that job included creating a design. I would have thought the design belonged to the employer. If this scenario was the case how would any business survive its crazy

You will find that is under copyright

A specific design for a young man to come up with without prompting
Perhaps he could call it meatrix trotter ?

Haven’t watched the YouTube video. But I know the design was discussed on brendas group and it was said that Michael got paid a handsome sum of money for it.
He also raised his annoyance on a patron vid already according to one of his patrons so they was aware of the angel / Michael saga prior to this.

• Haha
Such drama! If it were just about watching some people renovate old buildings, it would be ok. But, for Pete's sake, it's about buy me a coffee, buy me a laptop, fund my house, send me a Santa plate, get volunteers to do work that should be properly compensated and, the worst of it for me, is let's start a charity so I don't have to pay taxes. No one in this bunch smells like a rose. Michael, make art. Sell it on Etsy. You can sell prints and cards of your artwork and photos, etc. You have an established market with your YT subscribers. Make money, finish your cottage and you won't owe anyone an explanation. But continue to make promises about content to get money out of people and you can't moan when they wonder what the heck is going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There is always two sides to every story. We only know what we have seen on social media from fans and what mpk have said. Perhaps in time we will get more clarity.

Reactions: 7
Well that was obviously very painful for Michael to make, and excruciating to watch. I do feel for him, as temperamentally he isn't up to exposing himself and his life on a public forum. But it was too much of a pity party. He says tattle is 99% lies. But it is not false for us to say the cottage works have been a complete bodge all the way through. It is not false for us to call out his mother for erasing all negative comments in YouTube and Facebook. I am astounded by the number of people who are supporting him in the comments and think his videos are worth watching, let alone the patrons funding him.
Agreed, I actually don’t feel sorry for the guy, He is pretty naive if he thinks people won’t delve into his family life etc , if you put it out there in the public domain then you are going to get the good, the bad and the ugly.
Regarding D&A I’ve never like her, she seems like an avaricious monster behind the sweet Mother Earth persona. I hope this goes to one of the British rags and knocks her down a peg or two.
Chateau Diaries has lost the plot in my humble opinion and has alienated me with SJ ‘s tone deaf ‘greedy is good’ attitude. We’re once I had some admiration for taking on a project of magnitude of lalandes restoration it become blatantly obvious that she doesn’t give a feck about the fabric of the building or any historical accuracy, its all for show !
But hey we all still watch and that gives them a revenue. Are they entertaining.... yes ..... do they deserve sympathy.... no
I’ve lost my business , income and lifestyle due to the pandemic I don’t want sympathy, but I’m not living in a multimillion pound chateau crying into my Spode cup ..... if it’s that bad Micheal delete YouTube and get a job ?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He has the following evidence
1. Initial sketches and production he did for his grandma -early concepts which evolved from some years ago
2. His art work in sketch book time stamped.
I don't buy this feeble excuses

• Heart
I agree with him that some people post hateful things here. Some people are *obsessed* with taking them all down. People say they're going to call the authorities on Stephanie all the time. I joined cause I wanted to gossip about Mason being a sungazer and call out Philip for taking advantage of Stephanie.
☝100 percent agree with this☝

• Heart
Reactions: 18
For anyone else who was curious, and because I admittedly (just like Michael said lol) have nothing else better to do, I did a google to learn more about Michael’s relative:

“John Hanning Speke’s discovery of Lake Victoria in 1858 while on a quest to find the source of the Nile elevated him to the pantheon of heroes of African exploration, alongside David Livingstone and Henry Morton Stanley. But historians have ignored the part played by the Welsh mining engineer John Petherick in the discovery, largely because Speke branded him a slave trader. In this first biography of Petherick, John Humphries explores whether Petherick was truly a rogue, as he is often portrayed, or the victim of a conspiracy that destroyed his reputation and denied him credit for one of the greatest feats in African exploration.”

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
There is always two sides to every story. We only know what we have seen on social media from fans and what mpk have said. Perhaps in time we will get more clarity.
I think DA are shrewd business people they will have their brand protected & will see this as an opportunist

Just from watching the video it sounded like one design, but they've used it on all sorts of different products. I don't know the details obviously but thats what it sounded like.

I think that is the pattern?
Love the idea of sweat peas 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.