The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MPk complains that we have outed his family cars not being MOT (UK annual safety check) or taxed etc. Well I think that they should explain about the cars or at least be ashamed about being outed.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Evil? Dark side of humanity? Well, maybe someone should post again her sister's comments. I haven't read in here anything that comes close to her remarks.

This dude has issues and plays his 'poor me' card all too well. Maybe he should direct his audience to this forum and have them judge for themselves instead of taking his word for it.
Oh Gawd I,m going to have to watch his vlog now.....😥😥😥

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree with him that some people post hateful things here. Some people are *obsessed* with taking them all down. People say they're going to call the authorities on Stephanie all the time. I joined cause I wanted to gossip about Mason being a sungazer and call out Philip for taking advantage of Stephanie.

I think a lot of the COVID Christmas criticism against Stephanie was fair. She should address it. Tattle probably saved the Pethericks a lot of time and heartache if they continued to get more famous and then the dailymail found Sadie's old posts. Also didn't this website save Stephanie from the clutches of Brenda and help her streamline her social media presence? So it cant all be bad.

Gossip can be fun and I would think most public figures would like it. But ya the internet is wild and some people do not have good intentions.

I hope he took legal advice before he released this, as he should have before he did the artwork he is telling the story of.
Draw a line under it all.

The success of his YouTube channel is on the back of the channel 4 series as there are only a small number of episodes of the series and his are gap fillers during lockdown as people need distraction
I think he's fine cause a) he didn't say names b) if they sue him that opens them up to discovery and having to prove they didn't steal the designs c) I think his success is on Stephanie's back actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
MP just confirmed his designs were stolen by Dick and Angel. Billy called them out publicly and they were kicked off the show because of it. Sadie worked for Dick and Angel as well and was fired because of it.
Stolen, how could they have stole them. I dont buy that. I could see mpk going from the frying pan into the fire on this one. Is this to try & discredit C4 or whoever produces the DIY program to try to steal viewers for their new vlog?

Reactions: 3
If anyone awake MP2 launching a personal vlog in 20 minutes. SJ encouraging everyone to watch in live chat of another gift video. This was after BJJ had written sorry everyone we are not on live chat as we and having dinner with Philip and Anna. So are you watvhing BJJ or not?
Ok summary for you all.
1. Confirms Angel stole his design for wallpaper. Guilted him into signing over copywrite as she had lied to the wallpaper people, promised money - did not happen.
2. Saw how Angel faked production of the sketches on ETC. Very upset.
3. Billy challenged them publically on why no credit to my brother.
4. Sadie and Michael sacked from wedding business.
5. Angel threathens Billy that she will speak to production company. After 7 months of footage Pethericks dropped by ETCDIY.
6. Started You tube as a result.
7. Tattler thread is 99% lies (didn't mention Sadie's vile racist posts).
8. Tattler are jealous stalkers. Telling vile things about his family, SJ. (I thought we were so bored of them, didn't want them discussed on this thread a seperate thread was started and nothing happened)
9. No mention of the fact he directed over 200k subscribers to Tattler through his own nasty comments re SJ.
10. He created over 200K subscribers in a year I am successful - no mention of SJ and the algorithym (spelling?) which directed traffic to his channel.
MP2 please read through all my messages. I have always retold the Angel story on multiple media sites, AND supported your contribution to CD, AND your creativity, especially ADVENT calendars AND your depression. What I will not endorse is lies, racism, begging, or a 45 year old woman taking advantage of young volunteers and lying, lying, lying about financial contributions.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I agree with him that some people post hateful things here. Some people are *obsessed* with taking them all down. People say they're going to call the authorities on Stephanie all the time. I joined cause I wanted to gossip about Mason being a sungazer and call out Philip for taking advantage of Stephanie.

I think a lot of the COVID Christmas criticism against Stephanie was fair. She should address it. Tattle probably saved the Pethericks a lot of time and heartache if they continued to get more famous and then the dailymail found Sadie's old posts. Also didn't this website save Stephanie from the clutches of Brenda and help her streamline her social media presence? So it cant all be bad.

Gossip can be fun and I would think most public figures would like it. But ya the internet is wild and some people do not have good intentions.

I think he's fine cause a) he didn't say names b) if they sue him that opens them up to discovery and having to prove they didn't steal the designs c) I think his success is on Stephanie's back actually.
I dont think he is one bit fine because he has implied which is also contained in part of defamatory law. I also can't believe he wasn't paid. This is a very old story that has been bandied about the social platforms for over a year. If he thought he had a case in law why did he not sue for copyright breach?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Stolen, how could they have stole them. I dont buy that. I could see mpk going from the frying pan into the fire on this one. Is this to try & discredit C4 or whoever produces the DIY program to try to steal viewers for their new vlog?
He has the following evidence
1. Initial sketches and production he did for his grandma -early concepts which evolved from some years ago
2. His art work in sketch book time stamped.

• Heart
I dont think he is one bit fine because he has implied which is also contained in part of defamatory law. I also can't believe he wasn't paid. This is a very old story that has been bandied about the social platforms for over a year. If he thought he had a case in law why did he not sue for copyright breach?
Because they tricked him into signing away the copyright. "They" employed the family, "they" were in charge, "they" held (and still do hold really) the power in the dynamic. They would have to prove they suffer some type of monetary loss if what he said is really defamatory. And if they have to prove that, that means the financials become public and everyone can see how much $$ they've made off of his designs.

1. Initial sketches and production he did for his grandma -early concepts which evolved from some years ago
It depends on whether there was a contract. If the contract said he was to be paid a one time fee and that the original design and copyright belonged to the purchaser, he is out of luck. If there was only a verbal agreement, then he might get something out of it. This happens a lot to all kinds of artists, musicians, etc, especially when they start out. It is a lesson that is learned quickly. How many designs did he give Angel, anyway? It's not like he signed over use of different designs in perpetuity.

Reactions: 5
It depends on whether there was a contract. If the contract said he was to be paid a one time fee and that the original design and copyright belonged to the purchaser, he is out of luck. If there was only a verbal agreement, then he might get something out of it. This happens a lot to all kinds of artists, musicians, etc, especially when they start out. It is a lesson that is learned quickly. How many designs did he give Angel, anyway? It's not like he signed over use of different designs in perpetuity.
Just from watching the video it sounded like one design, but they've used it on all sorts of different products. I don't know the details obviously but thats what it sounded like.

I think that is the pattern?

Reactions: 2
It smacks of inaccuracies to me. Did he not draw beatrix potter back in the good old days

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you employ someone on a daily/weekly basis either on or off site & part of that job included creating a design. I would have thought the design belonged to the employer. If this scenario was the case how would any business survive its crazy

People can draw whatever they want. Now if he started a Beatrix Potter home goods line...
You will find that is under copyright

Just from watching the video it sounded like one design, but they've used it on all sorts of different products. I don't know the details obviously but thats what it sounded like.

A specific design for a young man to come up with without prompting

Reactions: 4
It does seem that he has been messed around regarding his work on that design, no idea about the legalities but I understand him feeling bitter. But would that have been enough for Angel to fire him and Sadie, and get the Pethericks dropped from the tv show? Seems a bit extreme to me.

And as for haters etc, not much actual hate here unlike the vitriol from his dear sister.

Reactions: 20

Copyright law is sometimes in the eye of the beholder. A professional artist or photographer can negotiate usage terms as well as ownership of the original artwork. Is it for a billboard, a magazine ad, etc. The more established one is, the more control one has over their art. In this case, the design was very successful and rightly so as it was very pretty. If he was employed by Angel as a "house" artist and not freelance, the design belongs to the company who paid his salary. If he was working in a capacity other than artist, like makeup artist for weddings, then I believe he could be considered a freelance when it comes to the artwork. Again, it depends on the copyright laws in the country. In any case, it would all require a contract.

If he signed away the rights, then he should chalk it up to inexperience and move on. It sucks but that's life. If he has PTSD then he needs to get some help. I say that will no ill will but as someone who has had similar experiences.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Because they tricked him into signing away the copyright. "They" employed the family, "they" were in charge, "they" held (and still do hold really) the power in the dynamic. They would have to prove they suffer some type of monetary loss if what he said is really defamatory. And if they have to prove that, that means the financials become public and everyone can see how much $$ they've made off of his designs.
How do we know they tricked him? What point is there in the fact his mother & sister were employed . No they do NOT have to prove monetary loss to make a claim for defamation..because the claim is that damage has been caused to their character & good name..the courts then make financial rewards to compensate for this!.. If MPK was employed by D&A and in the course of that work this design was created it belongs to the employers. If it is another scenario this has been cried about for over 1 year he has plenty of money from patreon why does he not lawyer up if he thinks he has a case & be done with it. But if DA produce 1 or 10 items or make $1 or $1,000,000 it doesn't matter if they hold copyright. Just another example of jealousy imho.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
When they fired them and cancelled their appearance on ETTC they probably weren’t expecting them to have a audience this large to tell the story to.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.