Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mrs O

RE: wallpaper gate. He worked under Angel's supervision and acceptance. He brought his ideas to the table, but it was Angel's decision to use them and Boy Trotter modified them to her liking. Copyright stays with Angel in this case, because the initial design is hers and modifications needed her approval, MP was paid for the work. I'm certain, Trotters consulted a lawyer and when the advice was against his wishes, he tried to raise a riot through his sycophants. That came to a quick halt, he's not allowed to talk about it in public because of NDA.

The tower painting is hideous, maybe they don't want to show the viewers that it's been painted over?

Re Wallpapergate: Angela S suggested ideas to MPK and he drew them for her. She has said in previous ETTC episodes that she is no artist, but has the creative ideas. So I think, as has been suggested before, that he was paid for his drawing/artistic contribution of her ideas.
Unfortunately for him, probably in his eagerness to earn a quick few €, he didn’t bother to get it in writing that he would get any returns (extra cash) if the designs were used for anything other than in A&D’s chateau ... big mistake!
Although I do feel a tad sorry for him, it wasn’t his initial ideas, plus he didn’t see the full marketing value of Chateau items. A lesson well learnt by him me thinks!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Jeeves

VIP Member
I'm happy to pop over there and support you in handing a few trolls their asses... but it will have to be later ;)

Anyhow, you are way too eloquent to be Brenda!
Thank you - but I am really not concerned with the views some of the great unwashed who want to try to derail the threads.

In the interests of transparency, I decided that I should now change my avatar!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

NorrisCS

I’ll never forget her calling Gerry a “disgrace to all mankind” on one of the early gift sessions. Not said with irony, no sign of banter ....just cold and hard in response to some minor transgression I think. The guy was recovering from his cancer treatment at the time.....I was shocked.
The very first ever CD Vlog, number 1, SJ is in the kitchen and Mummy has a face on her like a mad man's arse... totally rabid about something, she turns and is walking out of kitchen (still with mad man's arse face on her) then she see's SJ with the camera, Jekyll & Hyde, face completely changes, beaming smile, and even SJ calls her out of it.... laughing like a hyena of course but still calls her out and does anyone remember her appearances in the DIY series when CDLL was featured, when none of us knew anything about this place or SJ.. just another chateau owner being featured, I remember anytime Mummy appeared I used to think "what a horrible woman".... she was and she is. Nasty and fake. Vom...

I am looking for evidence of % of patrons being vulnerable and spending their last pennies
Ah guys c'mon.... answers on a postcard please... "Name the chateau superfan / volunteer or paid worker aka WorkingClassGirl"?

• Heart
  • Haha

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Yes, that would be my ultimate goal too. Any ideas anyone?
And mine I think one of my first questions on first thread was ‘why why why are people giving to a woman who has so much?’ We still don’t really know the answer.

Now the question is exactly that . How can we stop them. Exposé post at Daily Mail would be a start, but someone here said that unlikely to happen as Cinder-Ruth had connections there . I would have thought that association provided an even more interesting angle. Especially if a synopsis of Shato Shenanigans arrived in the desk of the Features Editor with some of the info/facts we have found out.

I say we try it, we need to nominate someone to draft article ....... Names on a postcard please

• Heart
  • Sad

Fuzzypeg

Ettcdiy will make sure that SJ is on a lot of peoples radar .just think about it :unsure:Calm down .
‘ Every dog has his day’

Heathcliffe you are needed to provide some witty advice/ musings :cool:

Last edited:
I think your timeliness is out if sync here. The episode with Dock may have been aired on TV on the date you quote, although I seem to think I saw it before then However you haven't taken into consideration fact that there is a big lapse between filming an episode by TV company and it actually appearing on TV. So there is no correlation between that and her being in Vietnam with Geary.
What is wrong with a brother paying fir his sister to go on hols. I understand that it is her Christmas present. Yes I know they are not blood relatives but as good as.

The time lapse between TV filming and it appearing on TV will also explain why people think nothing has happened on projects but I understand that in fact 2 projects have been done and will be revealed when TV schedules allow
Dahling I do know this. I sort of know how tv production works..probably something to do with working in the industry. Your haste in trying to get something out to defend your employer is making you make typos..or is it your chilly fingers in the chateau making it hard to type?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

dumbblonde

I think LOTLL has missed a trick.
D&A appear to have invented their own version of Patreon without having to pay Patreon commission

• Heart
  • Haha

FrannyBee

I'm having a quiet day so I just went over a couple of old threads. Jarvis in Jeopardy has a post with a picture of BG's house. In the war when there was rationing they used to put a decorated fake cover made of cardboard over a small real fruit wedding cake. Are you sure this house isn't the cardboard cover and there is a caravan inside? Looks very "Travelly" to me. I would love a pic of the inside - I'll bet every room is packed to the gunnels with hanging wall plates, Doulton figurines, lace antimacassers, pink velvet armchairs, ruffles, flounces, more lace, dried flowers. shamrock set in frames, shamrock set in clear resin, leprechauns, crucifixes, Mary and Jesus, bleeding t, rosaries, more crucifixes, pics of Popes, framed awards/certificates for Best in .... for every category, cake baking, church bazaars, fund raising, Fr Mike's retirement party, etc., perfumed soaps. lace tissue box covers, frilly, flowery bed coverlets, ruffled frilly bathroom and toilet curtains, lace centre curtains, ditto kitchen, bedrooms and parlour/lounge/front room (choose your name) porcelain plaques on door "here 'tis" on WC, etc., Frilly Dolly Varden cover on toilet rolls, crocheted lacy toilet lid cover and "splash" mat, Fridge magnets of Chateau de la Lande Limoge France, Dublin et al (all stops between Donegal and Lalaland) empty French wine bottles as candlestick (with obligatory wax dripping down as rescued from lalaland dinner parties), photos of dinner parties lalaland under fridge magnets (as aforesaid) , flowery wallpaper, flowery wallpaper borders, flowery scattered floor rugs, --- oooooh it's all too much supposition - I want pics of interior. (Oh and lots of empty wrappers for French chocolates in the bin)

• Haha

Lululime

VIP Member
Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?
I can’t put my finger on it....I guess I just started questioning the “loveliness” of it all....ratty old cynic that I am. The gift gobbling sort of put a tin hat on it ....

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
  • Heart

Mrs O

Thanks Michael, or is it Hani or Natti. I can't keep up..
I am involved in a REAL historical building, goes back way before LaLa land or even SJ was around. Funnily we don’t have huge gaps in our roof ... must get onto English Heritage and tell them they have been making big mistakes for years - we have to knock some holes in the roof!
It’s because she either cannot be bothered or doesn’t want to spend money on it ‘because it doesn’t show’ so not important!

• Heart
You can book 10 days of a river cruise in Vietnam for 2000 if you book in advance. All inklusive in a decent hotel. That's not that lavish. And SJ is an experienced traveller. She seems to rather stay 2 nights in a better hotel than a week in a cheap one. Lavish would be if she is 5 weeks in a lux hotel.
Not sure most people would think it was OK for someone who's never done a proper job to take a free holiday from a family member who looking at his financials is not that well off & lives in a very modest place. Seriously, a 45 year old bums off a 60 year old guy. Even if it was a caravan holiday in Butlins it isn't right in my mind.

• Heart
Why did he willingly sign his copyright away? So they (presumably Angel) wouldn't get into trouble? So he wasn't so duped after all. He made a bad move and someone saw an opportunity to get advantage of that. Yes, it sucks when that happens. But he could have refused to do so, and have chosen to protect his artistic property instead.
Yeah hindsight is 2020. We've talked at length about how MP and Stephanie are in over their heads and D & A are professionals. His video was about how it sucks.

Sandton

Why? It is none of our business what other people do with their money. Why hurt someone? People will stop giving money when we go back to our normal lives. Let them have a little fun.
The sad thing is people who have a lot less money than SJ are the ones who give to her after she milked it. She also stated that every single penny will go towards restoring the chateau and wanted people to watch the adds. People then watch it on repeat to help her. She then decided actually that’s her own personal income but haven’t yet put a video out to explain that.
So if she is upfront and honest then fair play but she isn’t is she.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I know there'll be more accusations of me being a superfan or flying monkey or whatever so I'll get my tin hat ready!

I don't think there's anything to expose to the newspapers or patreons - it's a total non story. The patreons/subscribers already know that Stephanie takes a shitload of holidays (although I don't think she pays for many of them herself) and that she has an enviable, privileged lifestyle and owns a flat in London but they don't mind.

They are getting what they want in exchange for entertaining content. If SJ travels to nice places it generates better content. To them it's no different to having a netflix subscription. The patreon contribution means progress can be made on the chateau (albeit slow progress) and that Dan can work on the garden (faster progress in this case) which again generates good content. Since patreon took off she's been able to focus on making more videos and she does extra ones for the patreons and the growing number of loyal patreons demonstrates they are happy with the deal. She has thousands of patreons and yet there are a maybe 30 or so of us contributing on here so people are voting with their feet. We know that a lot of the patreons and fans have been on here and read our posts and although a few of them have chosen to defect the vast majority have clearly chosen to stay as patreons and youtube subscribers.

The Chateau Diaries has got them through a very tough year and brought them distraction and entertainment and if they have to watch a few ads or pay a few dollars a month for that then that is absolutely their prerogative.
I would agree with you on many levels, live and let live foremost, except for the abuse of the people she surrounds herself with, lures them in with promises of true friendship, sucks the life out of them and when they are finally coming to their senses, meaning they realise they don't get that much out of the deal, she just dishes them like garbage. If she had the payed staff she can afford by now, it would be regulated by rules of employership. But this is cheaper for her and complaining leads to nothing but a quicker departure.

• Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Let's not forget that MPK swindled hundreds of euros out of SJ's fans via superchat in order to buy a Mac laptop to use for editing and uploading while travelling.
....and yet still. can't post an update on the missing vlogs. Sorry, excuse the"sudden and coincidental interest."

• Haha
  • Heart

lolander

VIP Member
Thank you @La Brocanteuse for the new title.

And thank you @MojoDublin for updating the who's who list.

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
MPK - micheal Petherick (sir Trotter)
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)
MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

PSDFHB - princess 👸 shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess 👸 in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

• Heart

NorrisCS

Wha... I mean wha...???? Really, like who, Nick's Marie who has some sort of EU border protocol job and was merrily partying with 21 +++ in the heap in the middle of nowhere.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m glad he’s come out and put the focus on Angela. It’s really horrible how she treated him. Surprised though that other château owners (especially Stephanie) haven’t said anything and surprised Stephanie still wants to be associated in any way with Angela.

• Heart