Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

66carola

Chatty Member
Plus I don’t think she will ever hold down a job, TV schedules are full on & she doesn’t have a work ethic at all, it’s beneath her. The crew would have to take her breakfast in bed at lunchtime to get her up & half the art world she talks about is like she’s just reading it from a book. Lucy is a real historian. Reading the past with Dr Kat on YouTube is fantastic too.
She is posting on regular basis almost for a year, I think this says a lot for her work ethics. If you are talented it's easy for you to be creative if not so much you need to put more time into. Also she might have volunteers to help her but in exchange she has to host them which is also demanding. I am glad when my cousin leaves after staying a couple of days imagine guest staying for months? 😁 Even if they contribute... She chose a different lifestyle, sure a privileged one but then we all would if we could.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

NorrisCS

Ok been meaning to do this for a while... every time I hear of scrawney SJ being referred to as an opera singer
Best part go to 2:10 and listen to 3:30 if you can't listen to the lot

• Heart
  • Wow
My view would be that she got overwhelmed by it all in the past and it was easier to ignore things and do something else. Not the most ideal way to behave but we don't always do the right thing. I can recognise this as to a much lesser extent it is what I did with my hoarder husband . A catalyst is needed to get things going. In her case it was firstly ETTCDIY and then the pandemic. In our case it was covid and the thought of someone having to clear out our house if we were no longer here
I don't think it is a case of being overwhelmed. More a case of being lazy bum & wanting to spend any money she had spare on treating herself instead of looking after her 'dream' chateau. Not sure being a hoarder is on the same level as SJ.

• Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Just caught up, couple of comments:
- Gerry takes Stephanie on holidays as he has no-one to travel with. He likely lives a low cost life, and saves whatever money he has. In non covidx, non cancer times it is suggested he spends a lot of time at the chateau.
- on start of Trotters video Ryan and Billy "banter" about "how we live in caravans". If there are only 30 of us on Tattle, why would you reference a Tattle comment?
- P&P references a hoot
- Dick & Angel have had professional PR & Marketing staff for over 12 months. Very open about it
- Imagine you are spending time chatting on a Tattle thread about a good looking, 45 year old man who has two lesbian caretakers choose volunteers for him who are attractive, young woman. And then on their arrival he walks around topless and his pants hung so low you can see his V line. And he flirts on camera with them encouraging them to drink, dance, film him. It would be totally creepy. Yet she gets away with it.
- Yes there are spies amongst us. Not sure why, if we on Tattle are so few. Perhaps it is beacause the idiotic "Brenda/I'm in this for the long haul, I'm going nowhere McGibben" directed 10,000 facebook fans to the site and alerted them to our existence AND party boy MP2 directed 220K of his subscribers to Tattle. Don't think Tattle is your problem SJ & co. It is who you engage with.
- SJ it was your lies at how many travelled to La La for Christmas and flippancy which sparked much investigation on people. How are your guests feeling now their privacy and possible employment is at risk, if not heavy fines or ridicule. Kim's husband must be thrilled.

can you please elaborate, I dont get it? guernsey is cannel island no?
It means a sporting team top, she is asking does she get a mention, is she on the team. Very Australian term used in football (not soccer)

• Heart

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Watched Chateau Rescue The Previews ..
MPK is narrating and it's as though a young child is reading while they point a finger at the words as they go. The pace is odd with longer than necessary spaces in the middle of sentences, perhaps that's when he reaches the end of a line and has to move his finger to the next.

The 'chateau' is in Normandy and we are told it cost 300k but not whether this is euro or sterling. We are not told when it was bought which is relevant. We are only introduced to the three male owners by their first names and that they want to make it a family home. Are they related or a thruple? They have three caravans as accommodation and one of them owns a pink pair of Wellington boots.

In programmes such as Grand Designs or even Homes under the Hammer the people taking on the project are asked their budget and timescale. Chateaux are money pits but the project must have a plan, budget and funds in place to enable them to achieve it. Chateau Rescue has too many flaws thus far for me.

• Heart

NorrisCS

At least Marie is actually poor.
While 1,180.00 a month won't keep her in Louboutins or in her case Birkenstocks... it's a dam lot more than a lot of people have to live on and all she does for that is stick a few flowers in a bottle, take a couple of photos and write a few words on her blog! I suppose in some ways you have to say fair fucks to them, fools and their money easily parted.

Attachments

• Heart

stefanieeee

Just watched the vlog from MP - and the Oscar goes to....
He’s balling his eyes out over spilled milk. He signed over his rights to his designs. And now he’s crying about it. Ok the employer may have been a bit mean with her words, wow, imagine that an employer being a bit mean and unfair. Never happens. Take them to court Michael. Say you signed the copyright over under duress. Make a case. Grow a pair and take them to task instead of whinging about it in your vlog. Maybe you have taken legal advice. Maybe you’ve been told you haven’t a leg to stand on and you were an employed artist as a lot of artists are and don’t get the credit. They get paid for their work. A family member is a concept artist for many incredibly successful films and shows. She literally designs the fabulous look of these productions. Concept artists don’t even get credit on the credits at the end of a production when the credits roll. They don’t own the work they produce for the productions they are paid by. They can’t take that artwork and use it for other projects. They are paid to design using their imagery and talent and they hand that over to the show owner / production company and take their payment for same. That’s what Michael did and now he’s pissed off because he thinks he’s been used and that his designs have been practically stolen from him... which is not the case. If he’s not worried about being sued he should be. Vicious money could be involved if he’s taken to court and not mentioning names is not covering his ass at all, I would think that his description of the production, the ex boss, the artwork and how it’s been used is enough evidence to deduce who he is referring to. If they took him to court and they win he’d be paying their legal costs and probably some compensation etc. Might not go there though if she did indeed say on TV that she had done all the work herself. Be interesting to find that episode and see what actual words she used. If she said it was her design then that could be ok. My design, my concept but had an artist with a better hand than me put it down on paper. As for his mumbling about Tattle... zero mention of his dealing sister disgusting rants..
having said all this if I’m being a bit harsh I do hope he’s ok, he did seem a bit fragile, but that could be acting as that is what they all do... who knows.
Can I add. I was aware of his complaints about a year ago and from him not his brother. It was on his Instagram I believe and comments had been made by people who supported him on D&A facebook. Everyone felt sorry for him, and it was made clear who had “stolen” his designs. That is how his youtube channel started. People rushing to support hard done by Michael. Everything in his vlog was what I learned about a yr ago. The only thing different, not saying their name.
and SJ comments- she just made MP vlog all about her. She sucked all the attn by what she claimed her father had been accused of supposedly on here. It was, oh yeah, you feel sorry for Michael, well hey how about this about me me me.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

ggyahoo

Well said, Raspberry. SJ is providing entertainment and escapism and every viewer will have their own reasons for tuning in, just as volunteers will for taking part. My hope is that a more interesting cast of characters is able to join her soon. The past year's crop has either been so dull or, if they show a spark of personality, over-exposed. SJ and Oliver work well together, but I doubt their roadshow will ever take off as I think TV of a different sort will take off for her.

• Heart

Lieileen

The Chateau Diaries #12 - a thread filled with ‘lies’, lulz and Brenda!

I haven’t posted since the early threads because I have always found Stephanie painful but it’s gone off a cliff now.

I’m halfway through the interview with Curtis (as a History graduate, just eugh!) and I’m starting to think that Stephanie is looking less and less like a living, breathing human the more I watch of her.

There’s something off about her face. Behind all the fakery, she actually looks like a doll.
Are we sure she’s real?

• Haha
  • Heart

Tellingthetruth123

Chatty Member
I HATE the way Nati purses her lips when she’s talking, I know that’s pathetic and I’m embarrassed at the level of rage I feel when she does it

• Haha

FrannyBee

I have a problem which I hope members can help. I kept up with the current Forum. I finished 51 pages of an old Forum yesterday after 3 days. Last night I watched 3 or 4 of MPK blog Doing it Ourselves (mainly as a substitute f he did (would not appear on camera - why? Fat, ugly, old, still with warrants with Garda outstanding? he welcomed her with open arms and told viewers how, wonderful, kind, supportive etc she is. She brought fancy Tea and very fancy Chocolates for him (Lots and Lots and LOTS - formula of Lalaland Tea and Chocs, tea and chocs, china and aprons, tea and chocs) -buying his approval -luring him away from SJ? I note she didn't buy the little boy a gift (not tea or chocs) - a little toy or something - but of course she doesn't need to schmooze him or his parents (Billy and his wife seem hardworking and sensible)'cos MPK as SJ's squeeze is her goal.
Question please as I may not need sleeping draught every night and MPK's blog isn't that exciting - once you've seen the drama and tantrums and tiaras of Lalaland it's hard to go back to the lukewarm cocoa MPK provides - does this Granny substitute Lovefest between MPK and BG continue and still existing or did it become a case of "It's her or me" demand from our favourite Princess? She of "Grab 'em by the Balls to keep them close"
Back to my problem. I wake up and put the kettle on. Turn on computer. Make toast and coffee. Check Tattle (which I'd caught up with night before). Bloody hell. Forum closed and thread locked. New Forum. Stacks and stacks of new stuff. Read and respond, read and respond. Two hours and 3 coffees later and I'm still here. Is there a solution?

• Haha
The way I look at it is that these people are adults. What they do with their money is their business. They get something from the video. I personally would never sent a dime to any of these people. But that is just me. Also, people waste their money on crazier things than this, like gambling. Just my opinion.

I understand all of that but, these are adults. They are the same people that give money to people on the street who may or may not need it or to charities where most of the money goes to the top brass. They are going to do what they are going to do. Stephanie is just one instance of bad spending on their part. Why didn't you tell the person on the chat to not give, if you thought it was harmful for them? You could have informed everyone at one time.
If a person has spent a whole lifetime crafting a persona where they get money for nothing when they are in fact not needy one bit but just want to bum off others then it is not the fault of those who have fallen for that tale. No-one can inform anyone on the CD social media. If they do their comments get deleted and they get blocked from commenting.

• Heart

Incognito Chatelaine

I really don't think he would be in with a chance. He's not wealthy enough and whilst he's a gentle soul, he's not pretty enough or charismatic. I know that she's had a few really grotty men but the difference has been that Mason, Edmundo, et al have have something attractive about them - money!
The only magic carpet ride Selmar will share with SSB is a round-trip to Emmaus... unless, of course, he wins the lotto.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

FrannyBee

I believe people can still go to work in France!

ear
I saw that episode a while back and had just stayed in Venice for 2 weeks shortly before. We had a nice little 3 B/R apartment, clean and tidy but not "flashy" or luxurious" , but self contained and on Campo St Stefano which was 5 mins walk from Piazzo St Marco, 2 mins from L'Accadamia and Guggenheim and same from Rialto - very convenient - I checked out where they stayed and the cost for our St Stefano apartment for 2 weeks was about 2 nights where they were. Unless she did a "swap stay" with the Venice people, she certainly is splashing the cash. Patrons don't see this as her living the life - they (if they bothered to think about it) think it's her research for The Chateau Diaries and paying even the base rate of 5 (Euros? Pounds? a month) makes them feel special and exclusive and getting emails "just for them" and info "up front" before the rest of the plebs (unless it's a hot tip on the Stock Market or the winning numbers in next week's Lottery or a long odds winner of Race 5 tomorrow I'm not interested). This is all gold and if I get an A in my finals for my Psychology course, I'll "buy you all a coffee".

I think it is interesting that she hasn’t gotten her own Channel 4 show. She is a very talented presenter there is no doubt of that. Maybe they have already dug into her financial background farms) and manipulative nature already.
didn't she allude to "meetings with ....." in one of the late 2020 episodes of TCD? I checked out the mid Dec to mid Jan episodes plus grabfest ones for same period. "Cos I'm from Oz I'm not up to date with EU and UK media but I think it was a similar network that is involves with other reality shows on DIY, Chateaus etc. She was faffing around "getting something done in readiness" I also skip ads so she doesn't get the revenue - not being a techy on blogs etc.,I didn't know this until I watched a blog about Thames mudlarking - Nicola White Tideline Art - she presents a good blog especially the 2-300 year old clay pipes (probably as smoked by the ancient Egyptians in Ramses Court) - Nicola said about how she gets the benefit from the ad revenue so please don't skip them - I only leave the ad running if I like the blog and presenter. But SJ is like watching a train wreck in slow motion and I'm hooked BUT NO AD REVENUE FOR HER.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
Changing the subject, but I wonder if SJ and entourage will call at Chateau Basmaignee on their way home from Chateau Le Fleur ? When you look at a map it appears to be only a small detour, if any.

• Haha
  • Wow

FrannyBee

Ok been meaning to do this for a while... every time I hear of scrawney SJ being referred to as an opera singer
Best part go to 2:10 and listen to 3:30 if you can't listen to the lot

NorrisCS Thanks for that - she's fabulous isn't she? My favourite Opera. Things have been getting a bit torrid on the forum lately so I offer a bit of light humour. I was on a committee where I was the only "token" female. Most of the others were quite polite although condescending at times, but one was extremely misogynistic and put me down at every opportunity. Then the gods smiled. I live in a city of several million population so hitting the front page of our daily paper with a story about a "domestic" issue was quite big. There he was in all his glory with excruciatingly embarrassing detail, about him and his de facto where obviously the relationship had broken down most acrimoniously (surprise, surprise). They had been together longer than the 5 years our laws here set for domestic cohabitation in relation to property etc on dissolation of the relationship. He obviously had tried to shaft her. She didn't want to be cast aside without a fair share. Every day, front page (at the very least pages 3/4) gory details, the hidden bank A/c's, the other women, the properties he'd bought under aliases to hide assets, the tax evasion. It went on and on, with photos. By this stage it's on the night time news so I used to rush home so I could sit in front of the TV to each my dinner and enjoy.
What's this got to do with anything you say? Madame Butterfly. The rat who "married" her then left her, came back with his Western wife and took her child leaving her broken and suicidal was called "Pinkerton" Guess what my little friends name was? I waited patiently - the next meeting 2 or 3 members of the committee (men) sidled up to him murmuring their sympathy as to his predicament. I said nothing, waiting like a black widow spider to pounce. He was subdued but not yet any wiser when I spoke about an issue and he did his usual put down - I'm only 4' 11" (147.5cm) but I bore down on him with my beady eye and said loudly "What did you say Mr. PIN --KER -- TON?, stretched out and accentuated as Madame Butterfly pronounces it. He cringed. Every one sniggered and snuffled. Never again did I address him as anything other than Mr. PIN--KER--TON even when I saw him away from meetings (and that was often and usually he was with business associates). I kept it up for months. I crossed the street to address him. I used his name 3 - 4 times in every sentence where I had to speak to him in meetings. (My initials are not FB for nothing) It took a while but he finally announced he had "other commitments" and resigned. I quite missed him after that. PS. She got her half of everything (including his hidden assets - or all they found) and all the gory details were published. I can only think that she had a friend at the newspaper or that he had at some time (and it wouldn't be hard) offended some lady himself. FrannyBee (of the Sting like a Butterfly Float like a Bee family)

• Heart

Mrs O

I'm an old lady and I'm not nasty, bossy OR demanding!!!!!
Hate the expression “old lady” - mature lady perhaps. I’m one of those as well ... although I don’t like to admit it, but I’m not bossy, nasty or demanding ... at least I don’t think so and my other half wouldn’t dare to contradict me 🤣 🤪

• Haha