The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reflecting upon the Church of Stephinology and its obvious parallels , I recalled that Scientologists have a name for those anti – cultists, being “squirrels”.
Herewith the (now deceased) cult leader’s definition.

A squirrel is a person — a person who’s going around looking for nuts that are foolish enough to let him process them. (L. Ron Hubbard, 6 April 1959, Lecture: “Beingness and Communication”)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Congrats to you Maple fairy ..... VIP :love:

Standing coat hanger. And it's holding something in it's hands.
OMG Jikki2 ...... he picked something up !!!
Bet he fainted after all that work !:eek: ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
In re Potts and Larkin doing no work because they have "staff" (and Raad too seems unable to operate without a "volunteer" at hand) -- this is one major characteristic of expats I encountered being brought up overseas. The availability of plenty of cheap, often sexually exploited, labor is a major attraction for expatriates. My mother once lent a book to a woman in Peru who insisted that my mother command the cook's little boy to carry the book home for her, walking three steps behind. These delusions, cheating people of a fair wage, dignified job descriptions, and sexual exploitation are the unspoken agenda of far too many people posing as aristocrats outside their own country.
Scofflaw is one word that springs to mind.
I agree. I see this too on an island in the Caribbean where my brothers and I own a property. We really strive NOT to be like that, and I think we have succeeded. Of course we employ locals, but we respect them and their time, and we give them high salaries. Over the years friendships have develloped too, genuine and mutual friendships. I always think people have chips on their shoulders when they are lording it abroad, perhaps they are nobodies at home. I have so many sucking up to me in my work that I feel a total relief in getting away from it on holiday.

Reactions: 30
If Fanny wants to honor and remember the old owners of the Shitoo, then I think some framed photos of them (she can contact family for them if she hasn't got them) would be nice. Not an old TV. If I was long dead I would haunt someone that wanted to remember me by keeping an old TV of mine.
And the mirror tiles, wouldn't you keep them in case you broke one in the bathroom?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Bloody hell piles of crap everywhere. Should of been thrown away years ago. What is it with her and getting things expensively upgraded. It's rubbish chuck it out!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
LOL
I can't imagine the Lalanders sharing her sense of humor; she must not have had an enjoyable visit.
She went home early. I don't think LaLande lived up to her expectations of Life Love & Laughter, and vice versa.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example
If Nic and Potty are so well off that they can pay for hired help, then why have they been using volunteers for years and years?

There’s no evidence either of them have ever paid for any labour at the Château.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The grey doors that Snorts found for the top half of the cupboard looked better than the grubby ones in the kitchen that feature in every cooking vlog, perhaps they could swap them. How can she live with so much crap above her head for 16 years, that's not just untidy it is far worse than the contents of most skips I cycle past on my commute to work.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I caught that too and nearly spit out my coffee.
I nearly fell off my chair but for a different reason...I lived with one of the founding members of that band for 5 years and it triggered me a bit. He was a great musician, but as a romantic partner he was a habitual liar and an emotionally abusive alcoholic. Good riddance.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
omg that woman is a hoarder..what a lott of crap in that attic...even the Nadaillac tv from the seventies.. :eek:

She cannot even move to Venice...how is she getting 10 truckloads of crap in her palazzo there?? i bet she still has her first diaper full of tit..🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.