The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of discussing finances, I think one of the main reasons why money (& spending) is always discussed here is because they (chateau beggars) got viewers involved with their finances revealing costs & estmates of their projects because they want it paid for. It's not our business how much it costs to renovate or restore their homes, take care of their animals, buy a mower etc they made it our business. MPK created a DIY channel to ask for money even though he is clearly not a DIY person. There are vloggers (not beggars) who limit content to only games, software reviews, education, finance, cooking etc no one knows about their life or how they spend their money. Before all the begging & gifting, nobody cared about SJ & co's travel & spending costs. They feel their lives is not our business until they want money, they like gullible people. Those who sent SJ those 1st gifts unknowingly created a monster the begging will not stop & there is now a group of them.

@ Lady Avonlea said I've never seen Nic lift a finger, except to herd sheep. Have Nic or Potty ever lifted a screwdriver, scraper or paint brush? Lazy gits with no pride of ownership.

I think Nick & Potts don't get involved with the planning because it is not their money & SJ is helping them save but it is also manipulation because 3 active chateau owners would get less sympathy, patrons & donations. I also think they are lazy & clearly not DIY people otherwise they would have done all the simple small & cheap projects like fixing doors (which doesn''t have to be on camera), seeing Dan fix those doors was shocking. It takes less than a day to paint a window sill or fix doors. Armaury & Dan work like they own the place (overtime).

@ Lady Avonlea said Notice Ed tries to keep his Tesla out of shot so viewers don’t see his expensive car.

I think Ed is a beggar by association he is friends with MPK who is friends with SJ, his wife is friends with Sadie. I don't think Ed was brought up that way as his parents are great examples. They fully renovated & furnished Largorce & are currently doing the same with another chateau all by themselves. Ed is another rich one pretending to be poor.
I agree . Ive watched many other channels over the years that have not gotten themselves so financially intertwined with viewers or patrons like the chateau channels have. Even lifestyle vloggers who all they do is show them going about their day have created a delineation between what they show and what's kept private. Some have been wise and have used their huge following to create their own brands for the creation of their own businesses , another way to reap income from social media. I think one needs to reach a certain number of followers for this to be successful though? I sometimes forget in grand scheme of YouTube, 170k followers is still very small potatoes, when the truly popular channels are ones with 500k to millions of followers.

Maybe that's something Stephanie should be thinking about istead of depending on these donations long-term, but it's working for now so shes riding it for as long as she can, but she's inviting the scrutiny by doing it this way.

I think Patrons will probably get a financials update in February when theyve returned from their "relaxing January". Let's hope so. They know the clock is ticking.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I do appreciate history as well as old architecture. I do like antiques and the contrasts between old and new. BUT. I am so glad I don't live in a Chateau or anything as old and big as that. We watched the CD today, and that loft made me sneeze and made my wife scratch her legs. The amount of dust and stuff, aaaaaarh. So nice to have a clean house. I told my wife she can spend as much as she likes on spring cleaning, I shall not say a word. I did once, as I could not see the need for having the kind of cleaning done that one does before moving house when we are not moving. But I will never say another word, better too clean than anything like that loft. We'll go away, and they can scrub our corners with toothbrushes. I bet all you ladies are waiting eagerly to see Squirrel Nutkins bare torso in South Africa, hopefully soon. He did seem quite subdued in the loft, perhaps the holiday has cheered him up.
Snorts was subdued because he was having to "work", see what a real friendship and history is like (almost as long as he has been alive )between Steph and M Potts and get his delicate hands and nails dirty, it would have been a good place to have his beanie on (for once) to keep the dust, spiders, mice droppings out of his flowing locks. All those gardening gloves in cadeaux would have been useful to wear for all of them also. Do you think Steph was wearing his jeans they were not her usual ??

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If Nic and Potty are so well off that they can pay for hired help, then why have they been using volunteers for years and years?

There’s no evidence either of them have ever paid for any labour at the Château.
Just because they can afford to pay to have work done, doesn’t mean they want to pay.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone recall seeing Selmar making a bicycle seat for Tatty while he was still in the Netherlands? Today's vlog shows her on the back of his bike, travelling to a local church. Someone has commented that Selmar made a seat for her.
In the UK, it is illegal in the UK to ride two on a bike unless the bike has been specially adapted (eg a tandem or an appropriate child's seat.)
speaking of them how is their little grifting project going?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Health and safety being observed once more..... and right outside of the kitchen doors too. I hope Don Jarvis had the foresight to tell the others not to go outside, but that could have the potential to kill someone, but as long as it's minimal effort for SJ, all is well. Dumb

View attachment 1003293

This clean out is such a farce. At one point SJ states mirrored tiles haven't been used in 16 years so they need to be binned, and yet she decides to keep a crappy tv of no design importance, wood covings, which she thinks she'll cast new cornices from (yeah right), suspected billiard table legs to build a new table for the attic (get real), amongst many other flights of fancy. Launch it all out the window, maybe Phyllis will be listening to his new squirrel CD on a walkman below... I jest.
I was stunned (but then again, not really) to see the tit she wanted to keep and the tit she was very wiling to get rid of. Hoarders would be a good show for her to go on. She def fits the psychological aspects of people on that show.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
If Nic and Potty are so well off that they can pay for hired help, then why have they been using volunteers for years and years?

There’s no evidence either of them have ever paid for any labour at the Château.
I really can't stand the lack of labor Potts and Nick have gotten away with. It's obvious they are not skilled this way so I understand needing others to do things properly. But there are some simple DIY things that any homeowner should learn to do like painting a room, general maintenance, mowing grass, cleaning etc. But even those were delegated to volunteers or hired help. Like they literally seem to show up , eat, sleep, put on costumes and dance and then leave.

Oh yeah, Lalande is the Party Palace ! Where one goes to pretend we are lords and ladies of leisure and the real work gets magically done!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Just out of curiosity, when every SINGLE OTHER YouTuber is bitching that the algorithm has changed and their numbers have gone down- and to make sure that if you are watching - check to make sure you are still subscribed - how in God's name am I SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE that after months of her numbers standing still at 167k - that they shoot up by 10k. The January Christmas fairy came?? I mean. WTF... And owning 10% of the tit-oo gets you an apartment there? REALLY? does this one come with heat? The new ones seem to come with heat. The paying guests are the ones that seem to get the short end of the stick. I mean do you pay 9k and then get a NEW FUXKING APARTMENT IN FRANCE while people paying say 1k get fuxk all? And she is STILL clearing out attics after 16 YEARS. What the actual fuxk has she been doing with her time. And WHY IS THERE A DIRT FLOOR 30-40 feet in the air. Any why is potty pretending to... fence?? AHHHH if this ground for nuclear war?? Can we just tell putin that Ukraine is actually just a wee bit a thisa way?? 😑 he likes them nuts right?? I mean younger.... but nuts....

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was surprised too that Squirrel Nutkins 'allergies' allowed him to spend so long in the dusty dirty attic, then I realised that no way was he going to leave Fanny up there alone with her ex Potty !
He and Potty largely ignore each other and only speak to one another when it's essential. BJJ tries to sound more masculine when Potty is around but he just looks and acts like the uninformed boy that he is. Whatever we may think of Potty, there's no comparison between them in any way. There is so much more chemistry between Potty and SJ; there never appears to be any chemistry at all between her and BJJ. I can only assume it's because he enables her and she can indulge herself more with him around. Potty is definitely more likeable. I can't see much to like about Ruthy and I am sure Potty still has feelings for SJ. I wonder if they will ever get back together.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Was anyone else grossed out by them not changing their clothes to go get tested and pick up bread?? I mean I can get down and dirty and do some hard work but I wouldn't traipse all over town being that way. You can't tell me that dust isn't full of fecal matter from birds, rats, etc and it was all over their sweaters. Then Phillip is holding the bread up against it.....just disgusting.

• Sick
Reactions: 45
If "Cara of the ice watered nether regions" lived at the shitoe, I could see that photo popping back up over and over, just like Master Squirrel pants Barbados camel toe's .... Cara's photo makes me feel like I need to pee every time I see it!

I'm like a good purge of a filthy disorganized place, so I'm looking forward to today's vlog ... just need to get home from work and feed my family before I can sit down and watch it. You've made it sound interesting!

Reactions: 18
I nearly fell off my chair but for a different reason...I lived with one of the founding members of that band for 5 years and it triggered me a bit. He was a great musician, but as a romantic partner he was a habitual liar and an emotionally abusive alcoholic. Good riddance.
Rock on!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Just because that wasn’t in the vlog doesn’t mean he didn’t get a drink too
Hey Sues....What's up?
It is a fact that Potty pants and baghead are usually pretty "hands off" co-owners. I.e. lazy.
And it was obvious in that video that Potty can hardly stand to be around or HAVE Snorts around.
I hope np tea was brought up for Phyllis.... He has not been weaned off his formula yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
He and Potty largely ignore each other and only speak to one another when it's essential. BJJ tries to sound more masculine when Potty is around but he just looks and acts like the uninformed boy that he is. Whatever we may think of Potty, there's no comparison between them in any way. There is so much more chemistry between Potty and SJ; there never appears to be any chemistry at all between her and BJJ. I can only assume it's beause he enables her and she can indulge herself more with him around. Potty is definitely more likeable. I can't see much to like about Ruthy and I am sure Potty still has feelings for SJ. I wonder if they will ever get back together.
My guess is no. I would say that the chemistry is more like a sister & brother that get on well, they share history and are friends. I think he has hurt her a lot in the past, and I think they have been through the question of children etc...I don't think they want to go back, but are grateful for their friendship. The lack of chemistry on screen with Squirrel nutkin I am sure is deliberately turned off, just like the snorting. They want to keep something to themselves. He probably lets out all the honks and snorts as they are making luuurve.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
You have to be really careful not to retch @1:55 when Phyllis can be heard saying to Don Jarvis, "Please mind your step, darling" whilst she tip toes around the defences. Now is that a thespian (gay) darling, or an, affectionate darling for an elderly relative? Easy to get confused in this scenario.

Edit: @Patriciarella you're too swift for me, darling. Correct me if I'm wrong but her laugh that follows reads as nervous and uncomfortable, but am I projecting?
NOT diagnosing but “body double” is helpful for ADHD and depression. Gerry has been and now Snorty is SJ’s body double. Person around to help focus get things done and companion in social situations. Snorty will always be an assistant more than a love. Snorty continues his creepy mind tricks he is mimicking Gerry who calls her darlin. Potty makes her happy!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My guess is no. I would say that the chemistry is more like a sister & brother that get on well, they share history and are friends. I think he has hurt her a lot in the past, and I think they have been through the question of children etc...I don't think they want to go back, but are grateful for their friendship. The lack of chemistry on screen with Squirrel nutkin I am sure is deliberately turned off, just like the snorting. They want to keep something to themselves. He probably lets out all the honks and snorts as they are making luuurve.
*shudder* That last line...I can not even imagine. Other than Stephame and bubble girl, is there anyone who shares chemistry with Snorts?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.