The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Health and safety being observed once more..... and right outside of the kitchen doors too. I hope Don Jarvis had the foresight to tell the others not to go outside, but that could have the potential to kill someone, but as long as it's minimal effort for SJ, all is well. Dumb

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 20.32.00.png

This clean out is such a farce. At one point SJ states mirrored tiles haven't been used in 16 years so they need to be binned, and yet she decides to keep a crappy tv of no design importance, wood covings, which she thinks she'll cast new cornices from (yeah right), suspected billiard table legs to build a new table for the attic (get real), amongst many other flights of fancy. Launch it all out the window, maybe Phyllis will be listening to his new squirrel CD on a walkman below... I jest.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Thanks @Jikki2 & @KiKiGee as always you guys are great! I guess I was awol for a while didn’t realize I was being searched for. After all this time on here sometimes I am in the weeds.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I didn't do very well at CDLL Bingo this evening,
Normally I attempt to tick off as many as I can from the following

My Grandparents
My Father / Daddy
You look beautiful
Amazing
Paaarfect
It's one of my favourites
I'm allergic
ME too

I scored - Amazing x 5, Paarfect x 2, Daddy x 1

Surprisingly the squirrel didn't claim to be allergic to dust, but as there's so much of it in the shittoo I guess he may have built up an immunity

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Snorty said, “Do mind your step darling” what a freak! Potty moving stuff all over chateau but squirrel nut zipper mostly walks around. I love SJ made decisions and Potts gets his game room. Snorty why don’t you go to your lady desk because nothing in the attic is yours!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You have to be really careful not to retch @1:55 when Phyllis can be heard saying to Don Jarvis, "Please mind your step, darling" whilst she tip toes around the defences. Now is that a thespian (gay) darling, or an, affectionate darling for an elderly relative? Easy to get confused in this scenario.

Edit: @Patriciarella you're too swift for me, darling. Correct me if I'm wrong but her laugh that follows reads as nervous and uncomfortable, but am I projecting?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
In re Potts and Larkin doing no work because they have "staff" (and Raad too seems unable to operate without a "volunteer" at hand) -- this is one major characteristic of expats I encountered being brought up overseas. The availability of plenty of cheap, often sexually exploited, labor is a major attraction for expatriates. My mother once lent a book to a woman in Peru who insisted that my mother command the cook's little boy to carry the book home for her, walking three steps behind. These delusions, cheating people of a fair wage, dignified job descriptions, and sexual exploitation are the unspoken agenda of far too many people posing as aristocrats outside their own country.
Scofflaw is one word that springs to mind.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I was surprised too that Squirrel Nutkins 'allergies' allowed him to spend so long in the dusty dirty attic, then I realised that no way was he going to leave Fanny up there alone with her ex Potty ! :sneaky:

• Haha
Snorty said, “Do mind your step darling” what a freak! Potty moving stuff all over chateau but squirrel nut zipper mostly walks around. I love SJ made decisions and Potts gets his game room. Snorty why don’t you go to your lady desk because nothing in the attic is yours!
He must have been watching Bridgerton! Don't mind him Darling, he tries to be a respectable gentleman of the Ton, yet he is certainly not mentioned in Debrett's book of peerage!
(couldn't find a fitting picture of Lady Danbury,But the queen of facial -satisfied- expression will do)
1642714524995.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
In re Potts and Larkin doing no work because they have "staff"
If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example

Reactions: 6
On the subject of discussing finances, I think one of the main reasons why money (& spending) is always discussed here is because they (chateau beggars) got viewers involved with their finances revealing costs & estmates of their projects because they want it paid for. It's not our business how much it costs to renovate or restore their homes, take care of their animals, buy a mower etc they made it our business. MPK created a DIY channel to ask for money even though he is clearly not a DIY person. There are vloggers (not beggars) who limit content to only games, software reviews, education, finance, cooking etc no one knows about their life or how they spend their money. Before all the begging & gifting, nobody cared about SJ & co's travel & spending costs. They feel their lives is not our business until they want money, they like gullible people. Those who sent SJ those 1st gifts unknowingly created a monster the begging will not stop & there is now a group of them.

@ Lady Avonlea said I've never seen Nic lift a finger, except to herd sheep. Have Nic or Potty ever lifted a screwdriver, scraper or paint brush? Lazy gits with no pride of ownership.

I think Nick & Potts don't get involved with the planning because it is not their money & SJ is helping them save but it is also manipulation because 3 active chateau owners would get less sympathy, patrons & donations. I also think they are lazy & clearly not DIY people otherwise they would have done all the simple small & cheap projects like fixing doors (which doesn''t have to be on camera), seeing Dan fix those doors was shocking. It takes less than a day to paint a window sill or fix doors. Armaury & Dan work like they own the place (overtime).

@ Lady Avonlea said Notice Ed tries to keep his Tesla out of shot so viewers don’t see his expensive car.

I think Ed is a beggar by association he is friends with MPK who is friends with SJ, his wife is friends with Sadie. I don't think Ed was brought up that way as his parents are great examples. They fully renovated & furnished Largorce & are currently doing the same with another chateau all by themselves. Ed is another rich one pretending to be poor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example
I didn't see your post.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think Ed is a beggar by association he is friends with MPK who is friends with SJ, his wife is friends with Sadie. I don't think Ed was brought up that way as his parents are great examples. They fully renovated & furnished Largorce & are currently doing the same with another chateau all by themselves. Ed is another rich one pretending to be poor.
Bad habits have rubbed off on Edd. He's doing his personal/private passion project with the assistance of Patreon and "Buy Me a Coffee."

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I do appreciate history as well as old architecture. I do like antiques and the contrasts between old and new. BUT. I am so glad I don't live in a Chateau or anything as old and big as that. We watched the CD today, and that loft made me sneeze and made my wife scratch her legs. The amount of dust and stuff, aaaaaarh. So nice to have a clean house. I told my wife she can spend as much as she likes on spring cleaning, I shall not say a word. I did once, as I could not see the need for having the kind of cleaning done that one does before moving house when we are not moving. But I will never say another word, better too clean than anything like that loft. We'll go away, and they can scrub our corners with toothbrushes. I bet all you ladies are waiting eagerly to see Squirrel Nutkins bare torso in South Africa, hopefully soon. He did seem quite subdued in the loft, perhaps the holiday has cheered him up.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.