The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
me too, me too ... my son is also PJ's age and I would been down there to have a good long chat with him and her .... not to mention that this is all out there in the public, so their relationship is forever on the internet for the rest of his life ..
I agree and I also think IJ will be fuming about SJ's relationship with PJ. IJ seems to be someone who is a social climber. The oddity of dumping her teenage daughter outside the local "posh" school, wearing a ball gown, in order for her to gatecrash a private school (that she did not attend) ball, is incredible. The only possible reason for doing that would be for SJ to meet people who were wealthier or from a higher class than the Jarvises. It didn't work, and in her middle age, SJ has ended up with an annoying; inexperienced; uninformed, boy, young enough to be her son and not nearly as well off as she is. He is also a social climber. It must be horrific for someone like Isabelle. From what Clara and Gerry have said about Derek, he seems to have been a well-intentioned, fairly modest person, albeit with odd ideas about the content of his art. I wonder whether the accident he once had, affected him (and his art) in a strange way, the Gerry interview seemed to suggest that. Derek possibly realised how IJ's mothering might be detrimental to SJ and how little time they had both spent with her and he tried to make up for this by showering her with money and material gifts. They both, in different ways, clearly harmed her. Gerry came across as a decent, sensitive person and is much more tolerable when not making daft jokes all the time. I still think he's probably DJ's son but maybe he, himself, was never told this. As he's so sympathetic to SJ, he is also enabling her self-destructive behaviour. She really lacks someone who is brave enough to challenge her and get her to face the truth and seek some help. PJ is not that person.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Some random things-

Discovered at my grocery store yesterday there are several versions of Ghirardelli brownie mix- Double Chocolate, Triple Fudge, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Supreme. I think it was @T Rex who suggested that brand. Chose the "dark chocolate" thinking it would be a bit healthier. 😋

On the mention of salaries SJ pays, wouldn't she also need to pay a cleaner for her London flat she rents out? Also payment for a company to oversee the rentals?

Does anyone else think after a month-long vacation together Nati and Cuz will decide they aren't suited for each other after all... or, maybe they'll come back married?
May I suggest your try all the Ghiradelli brownie mixes and report back on which you preferred. :)

Natti & Cuz both seem happy for now - early days. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and how work on the Salon proceeds.

If they remain a couple I don't see them hanging around the shitoo long term, trying to keep it standing upright, while SJ flits off on travels around Europe and beyond. I wouldn't stay without an equity position, and I sure wouldn't want an equity position in the shitoo with any combination of the existing 3 owners given the way they currently mismanage upkeep of the property.

Reactions: 14
Firstly, I am not an electrician but I know a wee bit about it. Here on the Continent, any 'Dan' can install cables(in walls, ceilings etc) and bring the cables to wall sockets and the supply boxes, that is as far as a 'Dan' can go. The final connections MUST be carried out by a qualified, certified electrician.The qualified electrician then issues the owner with a Certiificate . Failure to furnish a Certificate by an owner leads to all kinds of fines and nullifies insurance cover and bank loans for the property.
Exactly, husband is a plumbing and heating engineer here in France and the same things apply for him. If he's installing gas heating be it town gas or LPG, he's the required by law to get his work inspected at a cost to the customer and a certificate issued. The problem having works done by non qualified be it electrical, heating or plumbing is that a qualified person will also have the relevant insurance (assurance decennale) to cover if there were any damage done to the customers property, electrical fire, leaks etc and it's also a 10 year guarantee . Also should, at a later stage, if the property is to be put up for sale you should be able to produce all the relevant documentation (certificate de conformite) to support that as it could greatly affect the sale.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Now that FRK has established her business model it is time to give up the patron account. Standing on her own and stop relying on donations will be the real success. Until then, she like the others, are SHAMELESS GRIFTERS.

FRK's one on one workshop...
This person has more talent (not my aesthetic) than FRK. Maybe, FRK should be paying her??? For the price of her workshop (Who knows what the fee is for a one on one with FRK?) you can purchase a lot of fresh florals.

From FRK's website:
Choose between 3 days at £1300, or 5 days at £2100

@mariewiik1
14 hours ago
hi lovelies, how are you doing? I had such a great week hosting my first one to one floral workshop, thank you so much @kaumakaiwa for coming all the way from Hawaii to work with flowers and hang out with me. We went through the basics of floristry, flower care and experimental designs. I had such a great time, thank you for making It so special Iwa. As I am currently looking for a new and bigger studio I was able to host our workshop in the private dining room of @thehawthornhaworth which turned out to be perfect. For anyone near Yorkshire or wanting to attend my Spring Wreath Workshop, there is still a few tickets left for anyone wanting to come and join us. Have a lovely evening Xx

1642678570836.png
1642678592878.png
1642678606965.png
1642678620850.png
1642678634860.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
These forum spats often arise because of the international cohort of posters. Different cultures can be more or less direct in their interactions. There are many non-native English writers on here and much can be lost in translation. And even with native fluency it can be difficult to convey subtle inferences or meanings. Emojis can help, e.g. the winking one, but I never know what half of them mean and am afraid to use the wrong one.

Very true. In addition, not all posters are posting here for the same reasons.

Reactions: 7
BJJ filed paperwork 👇 January 2020...

@KiKiGee
May 24, 2021

Did you set up a company for tax purposes????? Do you pay taxes in France?????

www.oozo.nl

Philip Janssen Maastricht
De onderneming Philip Janssen is gevestigd op van Assenstraat 9 te Maastricht en is actief in de branche Beoefening van podiumkunst.
www.oozo.nl
www.oozo.nl
Philip Janssen

Founded in January 2020

van Assenstraat 9, 6226DJ Maastricht

View all new companies in Scharn

Practicing performing arts

The Philip Janssen company is located at 9 van Assenstraat in Maastricht and is active in the performing arts sector. The company is registered with the Chamber of Commerce under Chamber of Commerce number 77249771 and is located in Scharn in the municipality of Maastricht. Philip Janssen employs 1 person.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really don't know enough about the Dutch welfare system to lay out the groundworks for this. All I know for sure is that he is still registered in The Netherlands. He himself stated that he still has an income from The Netherlands too and since he isn't working there I assumed it would be something like unemployment benefits...my bad for not checking, thank you.
Philip can not be registered in the Netherlands. The law is that if he spent anywhere 180+ days a year he must register at the country he is staying. Including his business.
to not be de-registered from the city you 'live', you need to move around frequently. (digital nomads, and people traveling the world, therefore do not lose their addresses, because they don't stay in one place long enough to call home)

So basically one call to the city of Maastricht with the mention of the vlogs as proof. He will lose his base in NL and health insurance.
I don't think he receives any benefits.
So with no income the government is probably helping him out with his health insurance.

Edit: the gifts value can go up to €2012 per gifter. So receiving 1000 gifts from 1000 different people is ok.
receiving money from parents per year isok up to €5030

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Ok.. gotta weigh in, even though no one asked...

But since when are we a factual website?! It's gossip, we talk about things and we speculate and most importantly, we have fun doing it.
Some of us like to investigate and try to find the truth within the gossip and as we have seen, many of SJ's former patrons are now here, because we ask the right questions, and we have answers that make sense of the CD none-sense. Just looking at Wiki we can see how many of these speculations have turned out to be correct. But just as many or even more through these 107 threads turned out to be wrong.

If you see something you don't agree with, or doesn't match your moral compass, scroll on my friends! Or if you are seriously offended by someone's opinions, click the ignore button. But let's not make a big deal out of nothing....

Peace ✌
Totally agree. Lost count of the number of posts I've taken issue with. It's a gossip site and there are so many issues we can highlight and question, which very often turn out to be true. There are some truly witty and funny posters and some are downright scandalous. I enjoy being part of this group of like-minded individuals who saw the light. I'm not at all easily offended so bring it on. However, we all have that 'hill we're prepared to die on'. What each of us has to consider is do we wade in with all guns blazing and confront? Or do we scroll on, or hit the ignore button? As I believe a large percent of the contentious posts are there simply to derail or cause dissension among the ranks, I generally ignore the most outrageous opinions obviously posted by Flying Monkeys. Let's not let differences of opinion derail us from exposing these grifters for what they are. And remember Tattlers Don't Rattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Notice Ed tries to keep his Tesla out of shot so viewers don’t see his expensive car.
Derailing I know but I’ve just had a call from the garage saying my 22 year old VW Golf has just gone straight through its MOT, 3rd year running. Who needs a new Tesla 😁😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
IF I was extremely wealthy, and had nothing but time on my hands, I would be sending Fanny "gifts" every day. There would be deliveries of ugly brown recliner chairs, parcels of brown clothing, much like seen on Maria at the convent in The Sound of Music, etc, and all with the full value clearly marked and claimed. Fanny would end her Gifting channel in no time, if only I had nothing better to do. lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes but cost of housing is very high. I say this as someone who hopes to join her sons living in Australia within the next 5-10 years
And $45 Australian dollars works out to just over €28 euros so not a great deal more

Reactions: 5
Philip can not be registered in the Netherlands. The law is that if he spent anywhere 180+ days a year he must register at the country he is staying. Including his business.
to not be de-registered from the city you 'live', you need to move arround frequently. (digital nomads, and people traveling the world, therefore do not lose their addresses, because they don't stay in one place long enough to call home)

So basically one call to the city of Maastricht with the mention of the vlogs as proof. He will lose his base in NL and health insurance.
I don't think he receives any benefits.
Another thing If you receive gifts like stuffed hedgehogs and foods, these are counted as ''income''.
So with no income the government is probably helping him out with his health insurance.
I will not be making that call, but someone might. At least his business is still registered in Maastricht, the info about that was published in one of the earlier threads.

Edit: @KiKiGee kindly reposted the info here, so you can see he registered his "business" in The Netherlands.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Now that FRK has established her business model it is time to give up the patron account. Standing on her own and stop relying on donations will be the real success. Until then, she like the others, are SHAMELESS GRIFTERS.

FRK's one on one workshop...
This person has more talent (not my aesthetic) than FRK. Maybe, FRK should be paying her??? For the price of her workshop (Who knows what the fee is for a one on one with FRK?) you can purchase a lot of fresh florals.

From FRK's website:
Choose between 3 days at £1300, or 5 days at £2100

@mariewiik1
14 hours ago
hi lovelies, how are you doing? I had such a great week hosting my first one to one floral workshop, thank you so much @kaumakaiwa for coming all the way from Hawaii to work with flowers and hang out with me. We went through the basics of floristry, flower care and experimental designs. I had such a great time, thank you for making It so special Iwa. As I am currently looking for a new and bigger studio I was able to host our workshop in the private dining room of @thehawthornhaworth which turned out to be perfect. For anyone near Yorkshire or wanting to attend my Spring Wreath Workshop, there is still a few tickets left for anyone wanting to come and join us. Have a lovely evening Xx

View attachment 1001908View attachment 1001912View attachment 1001914View attachment 1001915View attachment 1001917
Imagine you have all those beautiful Hawaian tropical flowers at your disposal without leaving your island and you choose to come trailing all the way to a cold wet Yorkshire in January to meet drippy floral road kill tutor who watches you arrange flowers from Holland better than she ever has, whilst paying through the nose ....unbelievable!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
also another thing...he is 25, if he had worked from his 18 as example..he only has rights for a few months of unemploymentmoney....there are exeptions on this..many young people here get money because they are found not fit for working..mostly because mental health problems..if he still is receiving money from The Netherlands this might be the case..but it doesnt stroke with the fact he has been working as a waiter..so i guess he gets no money from The Netherlands...or it must be some money from his parents or family? or maybe he is renting out his house or appartment??
Parents can gift their children tax free:
€5030 each year.
or € 24.144 if the child is between 18-35 years (this is allowed just once)
Or € 50.300 for tuition fee/ buying a house etc. the 2 higher tax free gifting can be done once and only one of the options could be used.

I will not be making that call, but someone might. At least his business is still registered in Maastricht, the info about that was published in one of the earlier threads.
Me neither, I wonder if he knows all these laws in the Netherlands?

Just watched FRK's 'One on one flower workshop' and the thing that struck me the most was how many flowers she had bought for 2 people to work with ! Must have cost a fortune. I could understand if it was a whole class of people, not just her and one 'pupil' . 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Totally agree. Lost count of the number of posts I've taken issue with. It's a gossip site and there are so many issues we can highlight and question, which very often turn out to be true. There are some truly witty and funny posters and some are downright scandalous. I enjoy being part of this group of like-minded individuals who saw the light. I'm not at all easily offended so bring it on. However, we all have that 'hill we're prepared to die on'. What each of us has to consider is do we wade in with all guns blazing and confront? Or do we scroll on, or hit the ignore button? As I believe a large percent of the contentious posts are there simply to derail or cause dissension among the ranks, I generally ignore the most outrageous opinions obviously posted by Flying Monkeys. Let's not let differences of opinion derail us from exposing these grifters for what they are. And remember Tattlers Don't Rattle.
I am hardly ever offended and surely do not want to offend anyone but the charlataine, who deserves all of our contempt. I also gave up being nice a long time ago in a serious attempt to keep things real. It works well most of the time and not just here.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not everyone is practical and able to do manual work including decorating, not defending Nic or Potty but I seem to recall SJ saying that Nic had organised and paid Ian to sort out the gardeners cottage bathroom, so I don’t think he is completely useless and didn’t Potty have a lot to do with sorting out his own apartment, they seem to be more moral support and the odd cash influx before the grannies took over. I do think they are ‘good guys’ because for some inexplicable reason they stick by her come what may, it’s her dream and now it’s her YouTube money and her Patreon money so I suspect they have less influence with her as she is less reliant on them. So I think to call them lazy is a bit harsh, Lalaland is just a very small part of their life, it’s not their dream it’s just a holiday home, their investment is with her not the building, that just the way I see it

Just watched FRK's 'One on one flower workshop' and the thing that struck me the most was how many flowers she had bought for 2 people to work with ! Must have cost a fortune. I could understand if it was a whole class of people, not just her and one 'pupil' . 😳
IT DID, I would expect gold plated vases and porcelain flowers for the price FRK charges.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.