The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why not..glasses and other kitchenstuff..its fine to use daily ...not pans etc..you dont have to be afraid something breaks..and it all goes well in the dishwasher...i hate to do the dishes by hand..in fact i never do..and i am no collector...i dont give a tit about cutlery and porcelaine..or glassware..i know i am not a typical gay.. ;) i dont like fuss..
i am so fascinated by you. No, really. You re so cool and grounded.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My dailies are the plain white Ikea365... slowly building my Spode collection though. 😬
I don't know if you're kidding but I liked Spode well before CD and DIO. I use mine every day however we now call it porcelane. The only Kirsten and Joerg vlog I've watched is the one where they went to Stoke on Trent.

Edit: Someone on one of the threads ages ago said their family jokes about the fact that it looks like someone is hitting another in the Blue Italian pattern. I can't unsee it now but I still enjoy Spode.

1642540615382.png

1642540461897.png

View attachment 998118

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Catching up, thanks to Tattlers posting Curtis & Annaleise videos.
@Lady Avonlea once again you read my mind. I would be so pissed if I drove 10 hours and slept in my car at 230am as it was so unsafe and cold, to arrive to a meh welcome. I think Curtis was throwing some shade - the teapot too hot to pour. I think he and his husband were sort of stunned by mediocre farmhouse and the poor hospitality. They are in their bedroom and then wandering the dark rooms looking for source of music. Food is tacos - because that’s what Philip wants. Curtis was showing how unsophisticated SJ’s lifestyle is.

I always thought Cara was just plain vulgar. I will always believe she left La La early as she couldn’t cope with no attention from SJ or anyone. She thought she would be dancing in the kitchen, on camera, spinning wool (like that was importation SJ) as her volunteer work, rather than cooking and cleaning.

There was commentary about Natti’s salary in early days of patreon when Natti first “hired”. There was a misunderstanding that some viewers thought that if bnb did not make money she would lose her job. SJ said she would pay her from YouTube revenue.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My dailies are the plain white Ikea365... slowly building my Spode collection though. 😬
We used to have very heavy dinner plates and I found in winter when my hands are stiff I was nearly dropping them all the time. So hubby bought some very light white plates from Ikea for me. I really enjoy using them as I'm not worried about breaking them, but haven't yet as they are so light.

Reactions: 17
I'm quite enjoying seeing Manor and Maker ( on fast forward, obviously! ) as they settle in to their new life. Steve's parents have been visiting. Turns out they are Welsh, and that he was born in Neath. He sure has lost any Welsh accent.

Reactions: 11
We used to have very heavy dinner plates and I found in winter when my hands are stiff I was nearly dropping them all the time. So hubby bought some very light white plates from Ikea for me. I really enjoy using them as I'm not worried about breaking them, but haven't yet as they are so light.
I used Corelle when my son was growing up. They're so lightweight and durable. I sent them with him when he moved out.

Reactions: 10
I too watched Manor and Maker with their new purchases and the new drone I couldn’t help but think that perhaps there should be some sort of welcoming package. A map to all the emmaus and brocantes, how to start your YouTube channel including best places to buy your blogging equipment and of course the best drones, a map showing all your fellow châteauverse bloggers. a guide to the best crystal, china, cutlery etc benefiting your new status as a chatelaine but purchased at brocante cuz after all you are spending $$$$$ on heating and maintenance.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
i am so fascinated by you. No, really. You re so cool and grounded.
well thank you.. we were brought up without a fuss..my father was very down to earth..always busy and working to keep the business running..my mother also was very grounded..we grew up, my sister and me in the seventies..it wasnt easy to keep all things going..back then..we had to work even as young children..to help on the land..be polite ...to the staff..to guests who came..to my grandfather who was very loving but scary at the same time..he was born in 1894.. and very distant..i always say..visiting my fathers family was more like an audience then a family gathering..they all were very classy and strickt..my father was nothing like that..he could mingle with all kind of people..we didnt live at the big house back then...so i had a very normal upbringing..had to work, there was no room for sillyness..there was always money..but we were not spoiled at all..so i guess my upbringing got me to where i am now...i know my place..i hate drama, i can enjoy our house and estate...but i also see the other side..i also always had a job besides our estate..i think its very usefull for people of privilege to actually work...and dont take nothing for granted..and know what the world is really like...not just live in your own precious and privileged bubble..

• Heart
Reactions: 47
My everyday china is all white pieces mixed from Williams-Sonoma, Target and IKEA. It all works perfectly together (if not perfectly matched). It looks nice in the glass-fronted cabinets, too. Years ago, I started buying all my glassware from Williams-Sonoma because they have carried a French barware for 40 years. They always have the same glasses in stock so if a break one, I can easily replace it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.
I have watched Grey Gardens for 40 years- each time at the beginning of my decades -I am 55- it affects me in a different way each time I watch. Strange that a static piece of film is not so static at all- (ART?)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I used Corelle when my son was growing up. They're so lightweight and durable. I sent them with him when he moved out.
Snap Parrfect Porcelane ........I did the same thing when my daughter was young - we had Corelle and its tough and yet, light!
No children at home now and so I have my beloved Portmeirion Botanic Garden and I use it everyday. Here in Australia its expensive !

• Heart
I have watched Grey Gardens for 40 years- each time at the beginning of my decades -I am 55- it affects me in a different way each time I watch. Strange that a static piece of film is not so static at all- (ART?)
Maybe 30 years for me. I also own the Broadway soundtrack and all sorts of fan-related stuff, like a copy of little Edie's diary/scrapbook. My husband went to a Halloween party as Little Edie one year, god that was funny. I got to see a screening of the doc that was hosted by the Maysles, who took questions from the audience, afterwards. I even have a copy of The Marble Faun.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Edit: Someone on one of the threads ages ago said their family jokes about the fact that it looks like someone is hitting another in the Blue Italian pattern. I can't unsee it now but I still enjoy Spode.
I do not have Spode but I am going to check it out when in the shops...... I bet I can't "unsee it" when I go past it in the shops now. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
the older you get the more feeling you get with things or people you in your twenties would find akward..the more older and hopefully.wiser we get the more we are able to understand...not all is black or white in life..

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I do not have Spode but I am going to check it out when in the shops...... I bet I can't "unsee it" when I go past it in the shops now. :giggle:
Portmieron is very nice too. On an unrelated note I bought a Ghirardelli brownie mix at the grocery store the other day. I believe it was @T Rex who mentioned them. I haven't made it yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember hearing it on a vlog ... I can't recall which one , it's one where SJ talks about what revenue streams pay for what. I don't think I imagined it.
It seems as tho it was a patron vlog. Or maybe a vlog to do with "costs of running a chateau".

Reactions: 5
well thank you.. we were brought up without a fuss..my father was very down to earth..always busy and working to keep the business running..my mother also was very grounded..we grew up, my sister and me in the seventies..it wasnt easy to keep all things going..back then..we had to work even as young children..to help on the land..be polite ...to the staff..to guests who came..to my grandfather who was very loving but scary at the same time..he was born in 1894.. and very distant..i always say..visiting my fathers family was more like an audience then a family gathering..they all were very classy and strickt..my father was nothing like that..he could mingle with all kind of people..we didnt live at the big house back then...so i had a very normal upbringing..had to work, there was no room for sillyness..there was always money..but we were not spoiled at all..so i guess my upbringing got me to where i am now...i know my place..i hate drama, i can enjoy our house and estate...but i also see the other side..i also always had a job besides our estate..i think its very usefull for people of privilege to actually work...and dont take nothing for granted..and know what the world is really like...not just live in your own precious and privileged bubble..
I'm not wealthy at all and I always say everyone should work in retail at least once so you get to see all the crazy people.
When I worked in retail one of my sons did at the same time. We used to come home and discuss our most interesting customer of the day. He won this little competition forever one day with the story of the man who came in to get a refund for his drone. He bought the empty box back in and explained how when he was flying the drone it flew away never to be seen again! My son had to spent the next hour explaining over and over (very politely) this is not the type of thing an extended warranty covers! He then had to get his boss to go thru it all again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Catching up, thanks to Tattlers posting Curtis & Annaleise videos.
@Lady Avonlea once again you read my mind. I would be so pissed if I drove 10 hours and slept in my car at 230am as it was so unsafe and cold, to arrive to a meh welcome. I think Curtis was throwing some shade - the teapot too hot to pour. I think he and his husband were sort of stunned by mediocre farmhouse and the poor hospitality. They are in their bedroom and then wandering the dark rooms looking for source of music. Food is tacos - because that’s what Philip wants. Curtis was showing how unsophisticated SJ’s lifestyle is.

I always thought Cara was just plain vulgar. I will always believe she left La La early as she couldn’t cope with no attention from SJ or anyone. She thought she would be dancing in the kitchen, on camera, spinning wool (like that was importation SJ) as her volunteer work, rather than cooking and cleaning.

There was commentary about Natti’s salary in early days of patreon when Natti first “hired”. There was a misunderstanding that some viewers thought that if bnb did not make money she would lose her job. SJ said she would pay her from YouTube revenue.
I agree re Cara. I really didn't wish to be treated to pics of her naked and draped in sheepskin, nor spinning naked by the abandoned lake. Worse still, dipping her nether regions in the moat.
Other than that, I would have enjoyed the interactions. Sadly SJ didn't play ball.

Also, I feel sorry for anyone travelling to the Shittoo and expecting hospitality from SJ and Flip. I almost felt sorry for Ma Petherick and Sadie travelling to pick up Michael- I said almost! They who encourage bad/lazy behaviour are stuck with it- much like Cara's husband. I do hope he wasn't expected to blow on her to thaw her out 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The first time I discovered this phenomena myself was re-watching "How to make an American Quilt" each time I watch this movie I can identify with a different character. I don't re-read books very often, but when I do I can get the same feeling. The older we get the more we see/understand.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.