Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pekey

VIP Member
I thought they looked healthier too. Mini Apron even looked like she'd put on a little weight, and it suited her. Nice to see Gerry not wearing tartan, and lovely not to have snorting from behind the camera. I did think Fanny was waxing on a little too much about how lovely it was to be reunited with Mummy, while IJ just smiled. Quite telling.
There was Mummy and "Daut' in the sort of same red polka dot dresses and I felt dear Mummy was giving the evil eye now and then to Fanny!
IJ is very vain and you can see she does not put on her glasses at the Gift Grab but holds things right up to her nose.... put bloody glasses on. Perhaps the "evil eye" I see her giving to Daut is plain blindness or she is pissed with it all ????
I agree Green Fairy ..... Fanny was waxing lyrical about being with Mummy again and the old girl just sat there and smirk/smile....... I do not think she likes Snorts there. I thought Percy was rather silent too.
They are a weird mob.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

KiKiGee

VIP Member
That red riding hood cape and ear muffs really do make her look like a batty 90 year old, it's one of her worst outfits ever and those dreadful red trousers are like something from the 1970s!
I'm convinced that Stefanny stole the red trousers from Santa.
A very astute Tattler posted Molly Shannon playing, Sally O'Malley=SJ.
I am sorry that I am not crediting this Tattler properly. ♥
It is not the first time SJ has donned the red outfit.

1642529848373.png

1642531092792.png

SJ hot water.jpg
SJ garden chair.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Selmar and Tatty are "dealing with private financing". SURE, 👌.
Lisa Laycock
14 hours ago
How was the vegan Christmas cake? Are you going to continue the kickstarter project or look for other avenues? Xx

View attachment 994979
Selmar & Tatyana
14 hours ago
Thanks for asking, Lisa. The Christmas cake was excellent – very soft and dense. We are continuing with the Kickstarter project! We are dealing with private financing at the moment. Things are extremely busy, but very exciting. <3
Private financing? What idiots would back Sillymar & Tatty financially to purchase that chateau?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Green Fairy

VIP Member
Latest Escape to Rural France Patreon video. Annalise looks happy and it's upbeat, and for once she's not ill. Seems to be loving her new job. Kirsty is in the vid too.

• Heart

Trengilly

VIP Member
I'm so sorry I offend so many of you. Attacked once again. BTW I was referring to salary.
Granola - you offend nobody - and I don't think you were attacked, but I understand your stance - rather, it's your due lack of comprehension to hold SJ to account on all fronts (finances included) that was concerning. The reality is that money/ownership is the root of most of Don Jarvis's evils - it's important to recognise that. We see in tonight's patreon video about her need to own Nick as his best FEMALE friend (we're back in the school playground again). People's salaries - undeclared or not to the French state - are a key element to SJ's hold over these bottom feeders. She's using her Patreon money to keep hold of Natti, Amaury, Dan, Kirsty and the other domestic staff to restore a chateau - in all honesty not much restoration goes on to the structural framework of a crumbling building. Selmar was paid, but ultimately he left because, as he states, he was unhappy whilst living there. I don't know the arrangements with Marie Wiik, but she also was miserable for a long time, she left and hasn't returned even when times have got tough in the UK. We also know that Phyllis is in receipt of a salary from the CD Youtube account - they are romantically involved - SJ has received unexplained joaillerie, amongst other high value gifts within the last year - is this a form of money laundering? These questions need answers and to gloss over talk of money as uncouth is to absolve Don Jarvis of any potential fault. You must see that?

I also think it was fine to look into Amaury's financial dealings (they are publicly listed after all) - people want answers why he'd move from the UK, with a seemingly successful operation, to the middle of nowhere in France to a cousin who has too many flights of fancies and no desire to secure an "ancient stone" building from ruin - what's in it for him?

Last edited:

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Starved of new material upon which to comment, I turn to a worn-out theme - Philip’s sexuality. Though rare, prissy straight men interested in dainty things do exist. Non-conforming attire and unconventional mannerisms might identify a person as gender fluid or queer (in the reclaimed non-pejorative sense), but not necessarily gay. Physical attraction to men defines a man as gay. Have we seen instances of same-sex attraction from Philip? Granted, heavy-handed vlog editing would eliminate overt proof, but those of us with decent gaydar can read between the lines. All but the clueless or delusional figured Michael Petherick out based on the pretty men he surrounded himself with and the schoolgirl manner in which he acted around them. And don’t forget the young man last summer who nakedly lusted after the shirtless Amoury. To me, Philip acts like an asexual child. I’m open to opposing views. Please point me to proof, though, that Philip digs guys.
I think Phillip doesn't know what he wants. I think he is with Fanny because it is easy for him, he gets everything he wants, doesn't have to work for anything, can have fun with porcelain & cutlery, free travel and a salary on top of it all.

I wonder if he realises he is prostituting himself? Because if their genders were reversed that is what everyone would be thinking.
But one day he will see someone who lights a spark in him and then it will be all on. I don't know what gender that person will be.

• Heart

KitKat_theNewRat

The sad thing is that SJ thinks she’s trying to save the chateau, but in the wrong way…or she has no idea what she’s doing. So many times we’ve watched jobs that are botched or done half-way. Fundamental issues not addressed. More about looks than actual fixes. So, the chateau slowly decays but SJ doesn’t see it. I guess, in that way, it’s like the two Edies…letting their home crumble and not really seeing it.
The day will come where she or whoever comes after her has to sell the place and the first thing the new owners will do is get rid off the “quirky” interior like the downstairs loo, the expensive wallpaper or the wedgewood things stuck to the wall. All the energy and money they’re spending now is completely worthless to anyone else and will go up in smoke the second she leaves the place. It’s such an unsustainable approach considering that she wants to save the chateau.

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
There was Mummy and "Daut' in the sort of same red polka dot dresses and I felt dear Mummy was giving the evil eye now and then to Fanny!
IJ is very vain and you can see she does not put on her glasses at the Gift Grab but holds things right up to her nose.... put bloody glasses on. Perhaps the "evil eye" I see her giving to Daut is plain blindness or she is pissed with it all ????
I agree Green Fairy ..... Fanny was waxing lyrical about being with Mummy again and the old girl just sat there and smirk/smile....... I do not think she likes Snorts there. I thought Percy was rather silent too.
They are a weird mob.
What struck me is that for a 25 year old, that vacation would be total torture. No nightlife. Not much going out. It’s like having a vacation in a nursing home. Woo hoo!

• Haha
  • Heart

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
Welcome! My husband is a therapist and is of the same conclusion, FWIW.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
Hi! And welcome, obviously, it's fabulous to hear that a former fan has seen the light as it all counts towards the final exposure of who she really is. I am in no way capable to give a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with SJ, I just know a lot is wrong. You might be perfectly right and she sure seems to tick all the boxes, like you say. But unless someone closer to SJ cares enough to get her to a doctor who actually can diagnose her, nothing will happen with this knowledge. I agree with you she is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, but also: she sure knows to use this all for her financial benefit.

• Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
@Maple fairy congratulations on VIP status.

@Phoenix Richards-Bingham been thinking and saying this myself. I will be interested to watch in coming weeks. Is his grandfather still around? Didn’t her mother buy a house nearby? I think COVID and variants and impact on borders make you feel the absence of loved ones and the familiar.
I'm in no position to try and change anyone's mind nor do I have that intention, we should all do what we ourselves think best. I do like to point out however that both Dan and Analise have payed jobs to support their family and are already making money with the monetized youtube channel. We have all seen the monstrous effect of having a patreon account on steroids. I personally believe it will ruin their family life and I would not want to be part of that. Just my two cents.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I'm so sorry I offend so many of you. Attacked once again. BTW I was referring to salary.
Even when just referring to salary, you should know that the "jobs" SJ claims to have created are not actual jobs. I have still to find evidence of her reporting her employees to the French government, even just for taxing purposes. It's not that I didn't look or have had others look for it. She just gives people an undisclosed amount of money for "services rendered" and tells them they need to take care of their own tax obligations. I even doubt things are put down on paper, like proper contracts. She doesn't do contracts.

• Wow
  • Sad
Wow, the disappointment in Steph's voice that he's arriving early...'oh but but we were going to film getting your room ready' Just proving that everything is viewed as "content" and real friendships and experiences can never be truly enjoyed. Literally everyone is filming each other for their own vlogs...it's a mad world...
i have the feeling among all the chateauvloggers there is no real friendship..they only use eachother...for their own profit..sad really..

• Heart
Reactions: 33

KittCatt

What SJ (& MPK) started within the chateau community, will not be stopped until viewers stop responding. They are all using the Ytube platform to beg viewers for money (patreon, buy me a coffee, go fund me etc). Ytube (& social media) would not have been as successful if everyone used it to beg for money. It doesn't matter how small the minimum amount is because someone with 3,000 followers can easily get £3,000 if all the followers donated £1 per month. The normal thing is if you can't afford it, save, don't buy it, downgrade or sell it. Ed (Lagorce) needed 950 euros to fix his digger & got the complete donation within 6 hours of uploading his video, Sadie begs for money to take care of a horse she can't afford (& I think she now has a pony too). If she can't afford to take care of a horse, how can she afford a pony? Tatiana travelled from UK to France to ask people to fund her dream (a chateau), Marie got viewers to get her a car, SJ, MPK, Fleuries etc. It will never stop until viewers & fans stop giving these people money & stop responding to online begging from greedy people.

BBC should never have published that article about SJ & the Fleuries because it sends the wrong message. Ytube did not renovate their chateau's patreon (& begging) did (bbc.co.uk/news/business-59950666). These people are using their homes, kids & animals to beg for money & it will not stop if only 1 or 2 of them are criticised for it. YouTube pays video creators (generously) for their video's & viewers give their time & support to help them earn money through ADs & sponsors. Viewers also pay to watch Ytube because it needs internet connection & videos use a lot of data. Youtube has also helped a lot of people earn money without begging & some people leave their jobs because they earn more through Ytube. I know people who have created businesses, bought & renovated their homes through YouTube (ADS, Merch etc) without begging not the way SJ & the Fleuries have done it. If people stopped responding, they would all stop begging.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
It’s such an unsustainable approach considering that she wants to save the chateau.
Unsustainable is the perfect word to describe her behavior and the decisions she's responsible for. She clearly does not want to save the shittoo, but turn it into her private Barbie dollhouse. Welcome by the way!

• Heart

Perplexed bee

Gift grab comments...
😂😂😂😂
T. Smith
15 hours ago
Can you guess how many times they say, "Bee-U-ti-ful!" in this episode?

Suzanne Gagne
14 hours ago
As many as I love it?

Genia Wheddon
5 hours ago
But saying " WOW " SO OFTEN is needless . So many other adjectives for a surprise

We now have a new Chateau whisperer, Carol Weaver...
Candace Dandrea
16 hours ago
Why did you pick South Africa

09415williams
16 hours ago
Stephanie's lovely mum married a man from South Africa and she spends part of her time there each year.

Carol Weaver
15 hours ago (edited)
Stephanie's mom and step-dad live there and it was requested and needed. Quite appreciated. They * Stepanie, Gerald * her brother* and Philip will be going to South Africa soon to visit her mum and step -dad. It will be shown on the vlog at some point soon. Maybe on a Tuesday or Thursday?

caroline gooder
12 hours ago
Michael Potts and his family were there and Stephanie's father built a house near by at the beach. After her husband's death Isabelle met Percy on a plane. She said her daughter had a farm in France and he called and asked to visit. The rest is history.😁❤🌺🌹🥂

Lolo Dee
11 hours ago
Isabel has her home there in SA. She & Mr. Jarvis retired there until his death in 09?. Isabel remarried Percy a few years ago, & they reside in SA.

Carol Weaver
9 hours ago
@Lolo Dee For quite awile Stephanie's dad worked on the Chateau. He did alot of the work. Did not know she lived in SA with her husband Mr Jarvis. ( They owned a Nursng home in England for peole with Alzheimers (as she and Mr Jarivs both were RN's as specialist anyway into Psyciatric nursiing. They felt people being in a nice surroundings could do better) Did not know anything about another home there, just that she met Percy online and she moved there to be with him,( after they married,) and when she was able to be free of the pandemic shut downs, as Percy was in SA and she was at the Chateau for awhile, as Percy left first. But the Pandemic kept her at Chateau awhile more. Finally she did get to go to be with him, but then of course the Pandemc was giving problems again. So she was not able to come back last Summer to visit Stephanie. Now Stephanie and Philip and Gerald will finally all get to visit! them in SA. But that is how I understood how this was. i rememer the wedding between Isabelle and Percy at the Chapel at the Chateau, it was lovely!! One of the sons of he Marquis family is a priest and he came to do the wedding ceremony. He grew up at the Chateau. Reception followed outside. MrJarvis and Isabelle sold the nursing home. They helped with Stephanie finding this Chateau de LaLande. He worked on it, (Of course she is in partnerships too with a couple friends) but her dad did pass on during this time. Did not know they wer in SA in their own home? Never did undserstand that part? But she is living with Percy in his home there. I supposed should say, both of them, as they both would probably own this home in the end?

😂😂😂 and Carol Weaver joins in...
bigchick100
17 hours ago
When do, you get the decorations down

Carol Weaver
15 hours ago
Soon when they can. They are still opening gifts. When it does, it will be very quick. 'Many hands make light work"

Sandi Foster
15 hours ago
easter!!! just kidding
so the sugars are trying to understand the multiple house situation in SA? Poor dears, their brains must be twisting to find a positive spin to that.

• Haha

LonePalm

Chatty Member
In today's Bordeaux Life vlog, Edd mentioned that several people have been asking him and Anna to start a "Buy me a Coffee" (I haven't seen anyone commenting as such - unless they're Patreon comments.) I was a little bummed out as I have alwys liked them and never felt they were beggars. I feel it's a bit tacky to have Patreons and also ask folks to buy them coffee. They stand to inherit La Gorce and are working on a nice home in Bordeaux which I'm sure will generate a large chunk of Euros if they decide to sell; they sure as hell don't need anyone buying them coffee. :-(
There is this really mentally ill person here in the US that always says "people are saying" and it literally means NO ONE IS SAYING! I feel Mr. Edd is like that as well. :sick:

• Haha
  • Heart
Well watching that patreonvideo...with Potty..why did they actually broke up...i see so much chemistry..more then i see between her and snort..i would like to know that answer..the fact they are both lions...and that she quickly skipped that..was a clear sign..

That nettlesoup thing is off course ridiculous..pretending not having money...and just been talking about all their world travels an hour long...i dont buy that soupstory..just another way to gain sympathy for another round of grifting.. :devilish:

• Wow