The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
dan is still employed at the chateau and since there isnt a whole lot of work in the garden being done in the middle of winter, these projects are keeping him busy not to mention being paid. all these projects are things that should have been done but havent, and unless bjj intends to do them on his return, its good that dan is there to pick up the slack.
Now THAT is hilarious! BJJ do them???? He can't even screw....in a light bulb. One of the laziest, hapless 25 year olds around!

It would be interesting to know the exact legal situation of Dan, Nattie and Amaury.

Are they declared as self-employed (social charges paid to the French State by themselves) ? In this case, Dan doesn't have to do all sorts of works around the chateau if nothing can be done in the garden. But he seems to have only one employer (Lalande) which doesn't give him much freedom and is a bit risky when you are self-employed.

Are they declared as Lalande's employees (social charges paid by the employer) and paid, let's say, every month ?
In this case, it changes the amount of money paid by the employer for one employee.

I wonder if the Patrons have been told of these "details" ?
If they have it isn't ever the real truth.

Reactions: 12
Now THAT is hilarious! BJJ do them???? He can't even screw....in a light bulb. One of the laziest, hapless 25 year olds around!

If they have it isn't ever the real truth.
BJJ couldn’t even move his greatest obsession ( plates and doo dads) to the uppermost reaches of the attic!! But he can RE move precious jewels etc out of the mountains of garbage that are sent to the place. That’s real work

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Annnd I’ve now unsubscribe from Dan’s vlog. The comment thread I took a screenshot of and posted here was MY original comment and there have been even more comments added since then, including Caroline (whomever TF she actually is) going at people multiple times. I only kept up with Dan because I liked seeing him get stuff done but since he’s so deeply entangled with the gangster grannies and psycho fans from her page I’m over it.

Sorry Dan, if you’re reading this. I give you credit for not deleting the BS, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Does anyone know what happens when you “check in” at LaLande? Is there someone to greet you or do you just drive up and honk? If that doesn’t work, do you get out of the car and wander around trying to find someone? Are guests given a tour? Are they allowed in the kitchen? Are certain areas off limits? What the hell do you do all day - walk through the forest? Are you fed anything but dinner? What do you do for breakfast and lunch - collect berries? Eat stale chocolates left in the room?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Does anyone know what happens when you “check in” at LaLande? Is there someone to greet you or do you just drive up and honk? If that doesn’t work, do you get out of the car and wander around trying to find someone? Are guests given a tour? Are they allowed in the kitchen? Are certain areas off limits? What the hell do you do all day - walk through the forest? Are you fed anything but dinner? What do you do for breakfast and lunch - collect berries? Eat stale chocolates left in the room?
Well, if you’re lucky, according to what Clara told us, there may be a lovely used vibrator in your room to entertain yourself with. Breath on it first, though, too warm it up a bit. A cold vibrating peen is worse than any metal stethoscope.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If we are to assume the majority of Patreons are from the United States, one has to wonder when LaLa Land's monthly cash cows will dry up. Inflation here is the worst it has been in 40 years. It is only a matter of time before it hits the bank accounts of the middle and upper middle class.
It seems most of the patrons are older women on fixed incomes. Steph taking money from these poor women to buy wallpaper and trees for the garden is upsetting to me. Furthermore, even with inflation, the ever-rising stock market and the bounty of job opportunities have left the average investor quite flush with cash. People are spending and buying cars faster than they can produce them. Hell, my car is worth more now, than when I bought it 2 years ago.
I believe it will be the dishonesty and fakery that will bring down SJ and others like her. I think she knows it too; that's why all the comments are deleted out of her social media accounts and under her videos.

It will be Nutti that gets her walking papers if and when they break up, seems that Amoire is a serial monogamist he hooked up with someone from that singles party and I think there were others too. He’s a blood relative and has valuable skills so he’s not going to be the one leaving the shackteau. Bad bad idea
I see a lot of comments about the couple, but from my perspective, they seem to be of similar personalities and very suitable to each other. Both are meticulous organizers and seem to be very down-to-earth. It's hard to find a partner with such similar core personalities. I see them leaving and setting up their own household within the year. They do not seem to thrive on the swirling chaos surrounding SJ & Co.

I'm not sure, but I do remember when they were planning Nati's room, they wanted a window/door put in so she could "see" when the guests arrived. The revisions were turned down, but I do believe it is Nati's job to run the business side (checking guests in and out) of LaLande.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Just as I thought. I think she just got carried away with the rose tinted spectacles approach to purchasing the place. With regards their visas, I wouldn't have thought that owning a french property would hold any clout. It will take as long as it takes.
Watching CD in the early days cost me the price of a sewing machine, believing I too could make my own soft furnishings...I made face masks 😷 but can you imagine selling up your family home ( which looked beautiful anyway) and actually spending some where in the region of €2 million + on an actual chateau, thousands of miles away? Wow! They really fell hard for all the bumffff. Let's hope they make a profit when they sell up.

Reactions: 13
there have been comments on yelp? or another rating Portal a few years ago, where BnB guests said that they were actually left standing stupid around. No greeting by Steffi and they had to make their beds on their own.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
“Working class habits?” 🙄. Anne Marie smokes so what the heck do they think that is? Do you have any triple checked background on PHiPhi you can share? Do any of his people have money? Hard to tell because he’s always shopping at the charity shop.

I just have this little nugget to get off my chest. For people to feel superior because they have access to money that they did not themselves earn is just oxymoronic. You should feel less-than in my opinion, because you are not self made. If, however, you take that money and grow it, then fine, but you had an advantage in having access to capital. But to sit on your ass and cash checks on money someone else earned is nothing to feel superior about, unless you’re vapid.
Exacto. Working class habits = frite sauce on the table in its bottle. Not to mention tablecloths and napkin rings, instead of linen placemats and a fresh napkin at every meal.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
TView attachment 995460hink I will get one going towards my new kitchen ...this is a joke

I seriously don't get this either.... $950 isn't even thaaaaat much considering. To go to Buy me a coffee , I was surprised. It's their passion project, not a necessity .
We know that weddings and functions have plummeted ... Isn't that why they may have to sell it? Is this entire restoration being funded by their Patreon? If it is, I don't understand them still mentioning selling it. Are they going to pay back all their Patreons with the money from the sale they made possible?

I disagree. He's been working so hard sometimes he forgets his belt and his britches start to fall down.
I can never understand someone being knocked down for working and providing for his family.
Who on here has hard working husbands/partners or are single and work more than one job to keep a roof over their heads and their family fed and clothed. I could work a 12/14 hour plus day when my children were younger still can if I want to. I would also work away and still do if the contract requires it. I missed some things but that is the way of the world. We are more comfortable now and that's because the graft was put in. I made sure I had quality time with my children.
I think we can all see things and make educated guesses but that's my opinion. I would like to see him have a holiday with his family and I hope that's on the cards. It would do them all some good no vlog, no Chateau and some good old fashioned fun.
One way for newbies to get the trust of the thought police here is to go in for slagging hard, especially the innocent. Like Dan. Been there, done that. It's part of the hazing process.
I'm with you. Dan is good.
As for working class habits, may I recommend the radiant and adorable Tracy and Budo at French Farmhouse Diaries? They're actually planning to husband their 3-acre homestead, no till, I think they've mentioned coppicing, as well as bees, lavender, vast veg garden and brilliant carpentry/construction on their reasonably new (200 year old) farmhouse and outbuildings. That work is what I'm interested in on Dan's vlog as well.
As for his shittoo vlogs? None of his reno viewers are into the shittoo BS, I assure you. Should it implode any time soon Dan and his viewers will remain, IMO, intact.
Tracy and Budo at their finest.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
there have been comments on yelp? or another rating Portal a few years ago, where BnB guests said that they were actually left standing stupid around. No greeting by Steffi and they had to make their beds on their own.
Maybe SJ mistook her paying guests for “workawayers” 😆 Everything about SJ screams low class and arrogance. Really…how long does it take to say hello? Welcome?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ruthy is celebrating a birthday. I wonder what SJ gifted her friend???🤔

1642444895813.png
1642443940189.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't disagree he likely gave her a list before she left and said, "I want to do this to keep busy" but this is not CD it's his vlog and I guess that I am pretty much sick of Lalande content , perhaps it annoys me more because his job was one thing but lately he has been roped in for more like making emergency trips to the chateau to help with floods and countless radiator trips.
I guess that I would rather see his own content, but I also don't entirely agree with kids on camera even if they seem to be enjoying themselves on camera.
i had read somewhere that his vlogs done at lalonde get the most views, and if he has to be there anyway why wouldnt he vlog there.

Bit rich for SJ to witch about Natti being working-class when she fawns over Michael and the Trotters!
let me tell you one thing...some people from very good families are basterds..and very rude..without any manners..while i have met people from working backgrounds with more class and style, and very good manners....so your pedigree has nothing to do with the way you act..your upbringing mostly does..

• Heart
Reactions: 44
This is one example...
@Freesia54 provided screenshots of Jason Dubey's FB post when he arrived at Lalande. At the time, Rebeka Sastakovica, was a new volunteer at Lalande. She was sent out to show Jason to his room. (low man on the totem pole or she drew the short straw 🤔) He decided to peek in the kitchen windows because they were all there. SJ, reluctantly came to the door and said hello. It is very telling how they really feel about guest.

@Freesia54
Jan 3, 2022
She introduced herself as Rebecca... here are some stills of the view into the kitchen showing Selmar and Dan seated, SJ has left the table to greet Jason and Rebecca is girl who welcomed him.

1642445134046.png
1642445150074.png
1642445165962.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
What SJ (& MPK) started within the chateau community, will not be stopped until viewers stop responding. They are all using the Ytube platform to beg viewers for money (patreon, buy me a coffee, go fund me etc). Ytube (& social media) would not have been as successful if everyone used it to beg for money. It doesn't matter how small the minimum amount is because someone with 3,000 followers can easily get £3,000 if all the followers donated £1 per month. The normal thing is if you can't afford it, save, don't buy it, downgrade or sell it. Ed (Lagorce) needed 950 euros to fix his digger & got the complete donation within 6 hours of uploading his video, Sadie begs for money to take care of a horse she can't afford (& I think she now has a pony too). If she can't afford to take care of a horse, how can she afford a pony? Tatiana travelled from UK to France to ask people to fund her dream (a chateau), Marie got viewers to get her a car, SJ, MPK, Fleuries etc. It will never stop until viewers & fans stop giving these people money & stop responding to online begging from greedy people.

BBC should never have published that article about SJ & the Fleuries because it sends the wrong message. Ytube did not renovate their chateau's patreon (& begging) did (bbc.co.uk/news/business-59950666). These people are using their homes, kids & animals to beg for money & it will not stop if only 1 or 2 of them are criticised for it. YouTube pays video creators (generously) for their video's & viewers give their time & support to help them earn money through ADs & sponsors. Viewers also pay to watch Ytube because it needs internet connection & videos use a lot of data. Youtube has also helped a lot of people earn money without begging & some people leave their jobs because they earn more through Ytube. I know people who have created businesses, bought & renovated their homes through YouTube (ADS, Merch etc) without begging not the way SJ & the Fleuries have done it. If people stopped responding, they would all stop begging.
You tube doesn’t pay handsomely unless you have 4 million followers. It’s $4.00 per thousand views. You can’t monetize unless you have 1000 followers and 5000 viewing hours. That’s hard to do if you don’t have another channel promoting you.

I’m a slugabed. However, with the invention of the light bulb, I’m am completely able to work as many hours of the day as a regular person, actually more. I work 12 and I sleep 12. I consider Tattle work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Selmar and Tatty are "dealing with private financing". SURE, 👌.
Lisa Laycock
14 hours ago
How was the vegan Christmas cake? Are you going to continue the kickstarter project or look for other avenues? Xx

View attachment 994979
Selmar & Tatyana
14 hours ago
Thanks for asking, Lisa. The Christmas cake was excellent – very soft and dense. We are continuing with the Kickstarter project! We are dealing with private financing at the moment. Things are extremely busy, but very exciting. <3
there is one thing..if they succeed to get the money and buy...and stay vlogging...we will have a lott to talk about.. :D ;)

‘Soft’ and ‘dense like Sillyman
i wouldnt want to taste... Tatty can have him.. 🙄

‘Soft’ and ‘dense like Sillyman
i wouldnt want to taste... Tatty can have him.. 🙄

View attachment 995011

Tatty's twitter bio 👇 👆 Would you give this women money???

Tatyana V. B. Hill
@TVBHwrites
Overambitious 4yr old, turned trained artist, turned reluctant (& failed) businesswoman, turned WRITER. Lover of Animals & Nice People. Write now: LUCIUS MALFOY
i will add..not keen on gardening..and likes her cars go to ruin..maybe she has a sleeping beauty syndrome.. :rolleyes:

I agree that Natti comes across as clingy. She has to learn to give Amaury space and a little bit of a challenge or he will feel suffocated and lose interest. No doubt she is pushing for a commitment. Not a smart move this early in the relationship.
I had a friend who always said you should wait for the 'WART SYNDOME "before considering a long term relationship meaning...
Wait long enough to see the negatives in a person, Everything seems rosy at the beginning.
its very clear to me...Amaury just want to empty his nutsack..and Nutti getting rid of her itching punami..thats it..imagine being in the middle of nowhere...i am curious how this all works out for the both of them..being away on holiday..if this doesnt turn out well.. they all have a problem...Nutti with her job..Amaury too..and Fanny the most with her ambitious paneling..and ruined grand salon...Never mix business and private...it always gives disaster..

Tatty is now posting her address. Please send any and all gifts as well as money directly to her. 🤔

Selmar & Tatyana
1 day ago
Thank you so much for supporting us and thinking of me Patricia. ❤🕊😇 We are unsure of how long we will be in England what date we will go back to France. So this is a good address where things can be sent: Tatyana Hill
POST RESTANTE
Harleston Post Office 6-8 Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AA England
maybe somebody would send some dogshit...hidden in a nice tin...wrapped in the most beautifull wrappingpaper.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.