The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This seems relevant to the discussion so just going to leave it here for those interested. It is entirely on-topic.
Thank you for posting this. As you say, it is entirely relevant. I read Bonhoeffer's wonderful Letters and Papers from prison when I was young. He was right to separate maliciousness from stupidity and to separate stupidity from mental capacity. Many people who know or have worked with people with learning difficulties know that many are very wise and certainly not stupid, whereas some people with strong IQs and good intellectual capacity can be stupid. He pointed out that people with malicious intent, e.g. Hitler, in his day, needed stupid people in order to do what they wanted to do. Here , we are not discussing people such as Hitler but highly unethical people being enabled by the stupidity of others.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ed wants to get his own coffee bought and have a bit less car, I am not certain but if that is a Tesla (€$€$++) he swans around in he wants to trade it in to drive a cheaper and/or older car. He does work very hard and Anna is a whizz with her florals.
I too don't think Anna and Edd will sell their passion project. But just think about it for a moment. Say they are going to sell it. Patrons are pouring in money so Anna and Edd can sell it for a huge profit, and pocket the funds. Are people insane? What are these patrons thinking? And Edd now has the cheek to start a Buy Me A Coffee? You're not broke when your wife buys expensive handbags, and you drive a fancy car. Like another tattler remarked buy your own dammed coffee Edd.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I HATED when women were fawning over Michael and nobody ever put a stop to it. Michael knew what he was doing, he knew if he came out those dry broads would stop being patrons and sending shite. And guess what...they did.
Just to clarify…yes, it was disgusting how Michael, SJ, and even Ma Petherick actively promoted the fake relationship (between MPK and SJ). And when Michael made his “coming out” video, he blamed the drop in subscribers and patrons on homophobia. But in reality, the vast majority left because of his activities in Spain… losing his money on hotels, boys, and parties, and then shamelessly begging for more funds. And I’m sure that faking the SJ relationship didn’t endear him to many people, either. MPK claiming “homophobia” as the excuse for why people dropped him was a real slap in the face to those who truly experience homophobia.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just thought about the consequences IF Natti and Amaury should ever break up.

with Amaury leaving, she would loose a skilled handyman, who doesn’t shy away from work.

should Natti leave, Steffi would loose … she would loose her … what did Natti actually do?
It would be problematic if they break up. I also think it must be odd for them to have an open conversation about their situations. Most people talk to their partners about their jobs; their colleagues and employers and share their worries and work frustrations. I am sure both Amaury and Natti get annoyed by SJ. A and N have not known each other that long and how does each know whether they can trust the other with what they say? Amaury may be there as a spy for the family and he may be fairly cautious with what he tells Natti. However, if he is a spy, he may say a few things about how annoying SJ can be in order to encourage N to open up. I wonder if she will be cautious to protect her job or whether she will tell all to him as she trusts him. She probably knows most of what goes on in LL and may not be too discreet. She does seem very clingy and may take this relationship more seriously than he does. If he is a spy and less committed than she is, she is at risk of upsetting the family and thus losing her job by telling him how she really feels. If they are both cautious and treading on eggshells all the time, it doesn't promise to be a very successful relationship.

Selmar and Tatty are "dealing with private financing". SURE, 👌.

Lisa Laycock

14 hours ago
How was the vegan Christmas cake? Are you going to continue the kickstarter project or look for other avenues? Xx

2UmLodXcbQ6mwd09JgvP-XX6=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
Selmar & Tatyana

14 hours ago
Thanks for asking, Lisa. The Christmas cake was excellent – very soft and dense. We are continuing with the Kickstarter project! We are dealing with private financing at the moment. Things are extremely busy, but very exciting. <3

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I see Caroline is all up in Dan’s comments criticizing him for hiding. Can’t take the spotlight off of her or the die hards will come for you. Watch out Dan!
The devaluation and denigration of Dan has started, this happens to all in her close proximity. Things were fine when he kept her at arm's length. Dan has seen this but still thinks he'll be the exception to the rule, he won't. He thinks he needs her audience but everybody is frustrated with the slow progress and lack of restoration and are searching for somebody to blame. Since they can't blame SJ their fingers will point at everybody around her. He can't win.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Lisa Laycock
14 hours ago
How was the vegan Christmas cake? Are you going to continue the kickstarter project or look for other avenues? Xx

View attachment 994979
Selmar & Tatyana
14 hours ago
Thanks for asking, Lisa. The Christmas cake was excellent – very soft and dense. We are continuing with the Kickstarter project! We are dealing with private financing at the moment. Things are extremely busy, but very exciting. <3
Private financing? What idiots would back Sillymar & Tatty financially to purchase that chateau?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Tatty is now posting her address. Please send any and all gifts as well as money directly to her. 🤔

Selmar & Tatyana
1 day ago
Thank you so much for supporting us and thinking of me Patricia. ❤🕊😇 We are unsure of how long we will be in England what date we will go back to France. So this is a good address where things can be sent: Tatyana Hill
POST RESTANTE
Harleston Post Office 6-8 Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AA England

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Lisa Laycock
14 hours ago

View attachment 994979
Selmar & Tatyana
14 hours ago
‘Soft’ and ‘dense like Sillyman

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I’ve watched the Leach family and the comments are fab. They left a caretaker to look after the chateau whilst they return to usa to get their visas (what happens if the visas application is rejected?) Anywhoo…the vlog included a comment that the garden needed no attention in the winter. Remember the garden is on some French list of special gardens. Viewers were commenting (helpfully) that no work will need to be done. I predict they will sell up within 2 years. Absolutely no French language, no indication of understanding French culture or history. Much of the furniture and many paintings were left/included in sale. They have no idea. Curiosity man needs to help them.
Does owning property fast track visa applications?
Just as I thought. I think she just got carried away with the rose tinted spectacles approach to purchasing the place. With regards their visas, I wouldn't have thought that owning a french property would hold any clout. It will take as long as it takes.

Reactions: 18
Tatty stun.jpeg

Tatty's twitter bio 👇 👆 Would you give this women money???

Tatyana V. B. Hill
@TVBHwrites
Overambitious 4yr old, turned trained artist, turned reluctant (& failed) businesswoman, turned WRITER. Lover of Animals & Nice People. Write now: LUCIUS MALFOY

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
If dear Caroline is REALLY paying attention, she'd remember the conversation Amaury & Dan had in the van on their trip to the UK where he talked about how he couldn't relate to laying in bed so late in the day. Dan likes productivity. He freaking built a kitchen from scratch in his own home in 4 months while working several days a week for Stephanie AND having children and filming it and editing it for a vlog. She should follow him around one day and try to keep up ....
Sadly, that won't ever happen!!!

Reactions: 13
It would be problematic if they break up. I also think it must be odd for them to have an open conversation about their situations. Most people talk to their partners about their jobs; their colleagues and employers and share their worries and work frustrations. I am sure both Amaury and Natti get annoyed by SJ. A and N have not known each other that long and how does each know whether they can trust the other with what they say? Amaury may be there as a spy for the family and he may be fairly cautious with what he tells Natti. However, if he is a spy, he may say a few things about how annoying SJ can be in order to encourage N to open up. I wonder if she will be cautious to protect her job or whether she will tell all to hil m as she trusts him. She probably knows most of what goes on in LL and may not be too discreet. She does seem very clingy and may take this relationship more seriously than he does. If he is a spy and less committed than she is, she is at risk of upsetting the family and thus losing her job by telling him how she really feels. If they are both cautious and treading on eggshells all the time, it doesn't promise to be a very successful relationship.re
I agree that Natti comes across as clingy. She has to learn to give Amaury space and a little bit of a challenge or he will feel suffocated and lose interest. No doubt she is pushing for a commitment. Not a smart move this early in the relationship.
I had a friend who always said you should wait for the 'WART SYNDOME "before considering a long term relationship meaning...
Wait long enough to see the negatives in a person, Everything seems rosy at the beginning.
It would be problematic if they break up. I also think it must be odd for them to have an open conversation about their situations. Most people talk to their partners about their jobs; their colleagues and employers and share their worries and work frustrations. I am sure both Amaury and Natti get annoyed by SJ. A and N have not known each other that long and how does each know whether they can trust the other with what they say? Amaury may be there as a spy for the family and he may be fairly cautious with what he tells Natti. However, if he is a spy, he may say a few things about how annoying SJ can be in order to encourage N to open up. I wonder if she will be cautious to protect her job or whether she will tell all to him as she trusts him. She probably knows most of what goes on in LL and may not be too discreet. She does seem very clingy and may take this relationship more seriously than he does. If he is a spy and less committed than she is, she is at risk of upsetting the family and thus losing her job by telling him how she really feels. If they are both cautious and treading on eggshells all the time, it doesn't promise to be a very successful relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Private financing? What idiots would back Sillymar & Tatty financially to purchase that chateau?
If, by some hook or crook, they are able to get private financing, they are heading straight for an enormous disaster. Neither of them is capable of running a successful business and Tatyana will be facing being declared bankrupt yet again!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Donna Davis is practically a saint probably. She is genuinely interested in the restoration aspect etc and understands what Stef talks about but the majority of the people are podunk folks who don't get it and constantly post stupid peacock tit or anything that 'reminds' them of Stef...without understanding there is a huge difference between a country chateau and the lifestyles of 19th century aristocracy.
The stuffed animals must irritate the hell out of them but the focus has shifted from renovation into gossipy relationshits and so has her audience. The old skool fans are here tattling and her new audience don't care about anything else than the drama. SJ knows no boundaries and she'll overshare and exploit people around her for money. So, the drama continues as long as she can get away with it and her stans continue protecting her. When will the mutiny begin with her 'friends' and they make her to stop telling people more than they need to know? If you think of Nutty, FRK, Phillipa, Potty, Bag head etc. They're showcased like a bunch of idiots. And are in her videos only to provide us with fodder for more gossip (and revenue for her.)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I truly love Dan and his family but I am afraid he has gotten a little big in the britches. He seems way more cocky lately
He is a bit, but I finally watched the American vlogger that Dan idolizes ( https://www.youtube.com/c/Caseyneistatofficial/videos ) and it makes a lot of sense now at least to me. That vlogger has been at it for years and from the videos I watched, has been cocky for years as well. He's not exactly offensive but has done some stupid things on camera, has vlogs about luxury air travel, stupid stunts, etc. , not exactly the same as what Dan is doing but it seems to be rubbing off onto Dan.

It would be nice to see Dan back at his house finishing projects in the main living area and not at Lalande or in his mancave, but I guess that since he vlogs everyday that he just needs content wherever he gets it.

If we are to assume the majority of Patreons are from the United States, one has to wonder when LaLa Land's monthly cash cows will dry up. Inflation here is the worst it has been in 40 years. It is only a matter of time before it hits the bank accounts of the middle and upper middle class.

Reactions: 17
BTW The Fleuries are killing it and their recap is going viral. 16K new subs already and 4000views/hour.

Subscription growth from Socialblade.com:
1642432484142.png

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.