The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just seems strange to go through with selling it if they are able to renovate it using Patreon funds. Keep it then. You got people to donate their money to help you save a project and then you sell it??? Thats using their followers to get more money in a real estate deal, instead of for keeping a dream home. If they didn't want to take advantage of people then they should have sold the property when they realized they couldn't proceed due to covid impact.
I suppose that they may not even be able to afford to live there either if covid continues to impact their income from La Gorce functions. I don't know if their YouTube revenue alone would sustain a family of 4 in a house as that. It's still pretty extravagant!

Reactions: 14
On the live for Bordeaux Life, the discussion included why the Buy me a Coffee. Edd says that YouTube takes 50% if you donate during the live chat, whereas if you donate via buy me a coffee only 5% is taken.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Edd could not get hold of anyone. Steph's fallen asleep. WTF!!!
From the live chat...

Bordeaux Life @Philip Janssen evening, we wanted to put a vlog out after this vlog, can I be cheeky and ask how long it is? (we couldnt get hold of anyone)

bee french @bordeaux life please don’t rush cadeaux. We are already suffering from only seeing our fav 2x per week

Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life Hiya!! Steph’s fallen asleep, so that might explain why The vlog is just under 42 minutes long, so it should finish by 10pm French time :)

Bordeaux Life @Philip Janssen thank you so much!! This looks like a fun cadeaux!!! Rave whistle and so many beautiful christmas pieces

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Caroline added a comment to Dan’s vlog from yesterday reminding him to put the door back on the pantry ‘because if the mice and hedgehogs’ as though Dan wouldn’t think to do that? Dan solves the issues the rest of Chateau Shitshow causes. She’s unreal.
This is how it starts. Caroline and her ilk make sure his work is seen as nothing but a botch job and his comment box will fill with instructions and criticism. And goodness me if SJ finds something done not as she likes after her return... Dan has become a real rival to Billy, Edd and other chateau vloggers, now is the perfect time to push him down, SJ will start to hear laughter behind her back soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Definately you can't knock him for his working hard, he's certainly a grafter not a grifter. I know the chateau is his place of work and he certainly works for his wage. I would just like to see them together, as a family on a day trip out somewhere away from La Lande, or as you say better still a long overdue holiday.
When I posted that I was worried about Dan and Annalise, it wasn't because I didn't understand that he's a hard worker, as is she. It was because...please don't come at me, you admirers of the Russian girl, Maria...but it seems to me that she's had her sights set on Dan since way back when she first came to Lalande. I may be completely wrong but that's my take on it and I was worried that maybe Annalise got fed up with Dan "staying over" at the chateau and told him to just move in there. I know it all sounds just so "conspiracy theory-ish" but it's just a feeling that I had. I truly hope he goes home to his family every night (even though he's shown himself editing his vlogs at the kitchen table of the chateau a few times).

I do enjoy seeing him tackling...and finishing!!!...so many jobs at the chateau. He's a hard worker and seems to be getting so much done without that friggin' pink phone shoved in his face at every turn. I'm gonna take a day to calm and center and dial back the worry about my favorite YouTuber and his family.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
This is how it starts. Caroline and her ilk make sure his work is seen as nothing but a botch job and his comment box will fill with instructions and criticism. And goodness me if SJ finds something done not as she likes after her return... Dan has become a real rival to Billy, Edd and other chateau vloggers, now is the perfect time to push him down, SJ will start to hear laughter behind her back soon.
Dan is building a foundation of filming skills that he can keep and move on with regardless of what happens with her. He’s being smart about it. If I had been hired as a gardener as he was I sure as hell would have taken a piece for myself. I wouldn’t want to filmed doing my job so someone else could profit. Especially if I was a popular part of their videos. That’s all downside with none of the benefits otherwise.

If he builds an following of his own he will be fine. He also doesn’t pull any games so he’s not going to be found out eventually and deserted by his viewers. I have to say though he’s making some people look bad with the speed at which he completes projects. Mainly Selmar. Phillip looks pretty useless in comparison as well. Ian needs to speed up as well.

I do think things will get done this year because Dan and Anne Marie are going to do them. Cousin is the voice of reason. Cousin also walked into a tit pile of a mess and has thrown away tons of debris. PhiPhi hasn’t really done anything but decorate and chauffeur. What they made with the gift channel probably doesn’t even cover his salary, which makes him a net loss. But a hooker does have to be paid.

I’ll happily watch Dan complete diy projects at the Shitoo. It satisfies my OCD quite nicely.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.
Have you seen the 2009 Grey Gardens film with Jessica Lange as Big Edie and Drew Barrymore as Little Edie? It's excellent.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I doubt that man was able to get a word in edgewise while his wife and daughter were around him. I doubt they'd have listened to him anyway even if he were to protest against their grifting/begging... and considering he might have grifted his Alzheimer patients out of their money and belongings... do you really think he'd have a problem with what Fanny & Co. Is doing?

Fanny was able to learn the art of grifting from the masters themselves: her parents.

Have you seen the 2009 Grey Gardens film with Jessica Lange as Big Edie and Drew Barrymore as Little Edie? It's excellent.
I agree! I watched it after watching the documentary and was glad I did. The acting was very good, but the level of instability and eccentricity in the women was so extreme and the movie had it toned down a wee bit from the reality. I don't quite see the connection with IJ and SJ that others do, but it was sure interesting.

When I posted that I was worried about Dan and Annalise, it wasn't because I didn't understand that he's a hard worker, as is she. It was because...please don't come at me, you admirers of the Russian girl, Maria...but it seems to me that she's had her sights set on Dan since way back when she first came to Lalande. I may be completely wrong but that's my take on it and I was worried that maybe Annalise got fed up with Dan "staying over" at the chateau and told him to just move in there. I know it all sounds just so "conspiracy theory-ish" but it's just a feeling that I had. I truly hope he goes home to his family every night (even though he's shown himself editing his vlogs at the kitchen table of the chateau a few times).

I do enjoy seeing him tackling...and finishing!!!...so many jobs at the chateau. He's a hard worker and seems to be getting so much done without that friggin' pink phone shoved in his face at every turn. I'm gonna take a day to calm and center and dial back the worry about my favorite YouTuber and his family.
Oh my gosh Peanut R. Butter!!!!!
Seriously I thought the same crazy thing!!
But I thought she was setting her cap on him first!
Ugh!
So then I was really giving the Russian girl the stink eye....ha! From thru the computer!!! Now that is crazy!!
And crap on that!
I love Annalise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What big Edie did to little Edie was so wrong. She stole her life from her. Little Edie was beautiful.
Little Edie made some unfortunate life choices. They were a codependent pair. I have watched the doco a million times and you get a different understanding of the two characters.

After Big Edie died, Little Edie moved for a time to Montreal, but she couldn't understand the dialect. (suppose she learned the Parisian accent at Farmingham). She ended up in Florida and was quite happy. She also performed a cabaret show in NYC which was popular with the art crowd. I wish I could have seen that!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.