The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They sunk +300,000 pounds into the property for initial renovation work & today the shitoo is still only worth what they paid for it!
Any sane person would cut their loses and sell the shitoo.
Crazy to think that wouldn't she have sold the first london appt, she could have had two flats in london right which would have been revalued at so much more than what she bought them for :eek: Almost a million euros for a chateau... suppose it was because it had a roof in good condition and lot of land... You can buy a perfectly renovated chateau for 2M, while her renovations will probably cost her (Urm I mean the paterons not her) more than what they actually paid for it initially. Seems crazy. And then she goes to advice people looking for the perfect investment? lol

And she said she rebought a flat in London to get monthly income through rent, but someone said that prior to covid and youtube, she seemed to travel back and fourth from London a lot. Doesn't seem like she was actually willing to rent it.

Re budget transparency of CD :
So are they Association loi 1901 yes or not in the end? If so, they'll have to produce clear and accessible document to the participants of the Association, which in this case I suppose would be the patreons?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Re budget transparency of CD :
So are they Association loi 1901 yes or not in the end? If so, they'll have to produce clear and accessible document to the participants of the Association, which in this case I suppose would be the patreons?
Yes, it's Association loi 1901 CHÂTEAU DE LALANDE.
Stefanny says Patreons become members so they definitely have the right to see association finances. If all Patreon money goes to the association that would mean the non-profit earned over €153K last year which is the threshold when an association needs to file it's accounts publicly in JOAFE (Journal officiel des associations et fondations d'entreprises).

• Heart
Reactions: 37
A question for the Tattle academics: I used to go to the university to meet my girlfriend for lunch, (she was doing her PHD), whilst I waited for her to appear, I regularly took a book with me and would sit and read it. Now, would the Fanny's of this world say I was entitled to boast that I went to university where I read literature?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Chateau DIY did not include Chateau de Lalande, (again). 🤔 Have they been dropped by channel 4???
Nobody leaves Baby Ruby in the corner!

Well.... actually one old witch did and buggered off to SA. :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes, it's Association loi 1901 CHÂTEAU DE LALANDE.
Stefanny says Patreons become members so they definitely have the right to see association finances. If all Patreon money goes to the association that would mean the non-profit earned over €153K last year which is the threshold when an association needs to file it's accounts publicly in JOAFE (Journal officiel des associations et fondations d'entreprises).
Okay thank you so much for these infos. One last question then, do you know if they still have to provide the members of the association if they ask for it? Or they can say they're not required by law to provide any detail (which would mean maybe they placed the patreon money under differents status aka not meeting the legal threshold on the association to be forced by law to file anything).

A question for the Tattle academics: I used to go to the university to meet my girlfriend for lunch, (she was doing her PHD), whilst I waited for her to appear, I regularly took a book with me and would sit and read it. Now, would the Fanny's of this world say I was entitled to boast that I went to university where I read literature?
If it looks like it, it is.

I too went to Oxford in this case. I was studying british education, doing insider's research as an aupair ya know. For future works in sociology.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Okay thank you so much for these infos. One last question then, do you know if they still have to provide the members of the association if they ask for it? Or they can say they're not required by law to provide any detail (which would mean maybe they placed the patreon money under differents status aka not meeting the legal threshold on the association to be forced by low to file anything).
Technically she has to organise an AGM and invite all the association members and at that meeting the members would approve last years finances and release the board of its responsibility. Yes, members of an association have the right to see annual reports but since Laland association was established just about a year ago, the accounts are not quite yet due.

And yes, if they do not file the accounts publicly, that's a sure sign Stefanny is banking the Patreon money into her own pockets.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Took hours to read previous thread from page 6 to here and all I have to say is that I ten times rather look at Dan's ass than Snorty's face.
In my book they’re both brown paper bag over the head jobs - if you’re not dealing with Phyllis snorting with each thrust you’re at serious risk of getting your appendage snagged by Dan’s teeth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep, perfect summation! Theyve always seen the chateau as a holiday party house they could brag about ,not truly something to spend hard labor and time on. They are of that Oxford set who think they are too cool . I think the passing of Stephanie's father did take the wind out of Stephanie's sails and falling into a depression one cant fault her that. But yep, once the YouTube and Patron funding took off, she has much easier ability and opportunity to continue on with the needed work. She's also had two years now to come to grips with the influx of support , she needs to focus. Focus Stephanie! Oh, wait, what's that I see ...a squirrel holding a brooch! 🐿 💫💎🛍🧳
I could imagine that she had to spent like 1 year of ad revenues to cover her debts which accumulated before youtube at banks, Potts, Nic, Mason and who knows who else. If she is somewhat smart she saves at least half of patreon for a future without patreon. She admitted to have gotten a scare when loxkdowns started that's why she is investing heavily in two new apartments aka gites.

Reactions: 12
Nutti is now a cat lover??? Minnie don't trust her, she is using you...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Okay thank you so much for these infos. One last question then, do you know if they still have to provide the members of the association if they ask for it? Or they can say they're not required by law to provide any detail (which would mean maybe they placed the patreon money under differents status aka not meeting the legal threshold on the association to be forced by law to file anything).

If it looks like it, it is.

I too went to Oxford in this case. I was studying british education, doing insider's research as an aupair ya know. For future works in sociology.
Yeah, the same way I call myself the officially best technician of Germany because for several reasons when I finished best of my class (only 7 did graduate though 😂) no other school had final exams in this field 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder 🤔 if Gerry packed his gifted, plaid v-neck, from BJJ parent's. It does match the SA beach house décor.
I still can't wrap my head around 👇 footage. It was beyond weird...

BJJ and Gerry gift.jpg

• Haha
Congratulations to @oooLaLande Title 105 :m:m:m:m

@oooLaLande
Chatty Member

Friday at 11:35 PM
Add bookmark

The grift that keeps on giving 🤦‍♀️

🧵Thread title suggestion if I may say so myself...

Reactions:You, Jikki2, Hercule P and 24 others

Most liked posts previous thread 104

@OhIDontKnow...

Friday at 11:54 PM

I think I can add a bit of perspective. I initially was impressed by her little short story on how she ended up owning a chateau. My demo, 51, still pretty hip, always an early adopter trend-wise, love to decorate and antiques. Always complimented on my style. Always been told I will never be old no matter how old I get. Okay. So back to my initial brainwashing. I thought it was very cool that she had the pluck to do this. I also thought she must have made some money as an opera singer and she had determination. I also thought maybe she was a little bit cash poor, but her partners were helping things along. I was also still under the impression she worked some of the time.

I’m also American and we love us some diy. We don’t have much history over 300 years old. We generally don’t know the ins and outs of living in Europe. So in the beginning I’m very intrigued by all of this. Cut to Stephanie. She seems so down to earth! Not pretentious - she runs around in her housecoat with no makeup on. How refreshing! She must be an open book! This is disarming because she seems to be so happy and optimistic. She must be telling the truth, right? She has so many friends, and all these people volunteer to come help her, she must be really nice. You start to like her because she seems like a lot of fun. You look at the state of the place and you feel a bit sorry for her because she seems to need help. You think, oh I’ll give her a little money, I’d really like to see her fix that crappy courtyard. You find yourself wondering what they got up to since the last video.

You see her thrift shopping - she talks about sewing curtains - she shows old renno pictures and talks about her father dying. Her mom is mowing the lawn. Poor girl, you think, CoVid is going to wreck her business. She’s so excited to receive things from people and seems really grateful. Some of those things are used or worn even. You’re getting invested and go back and watch videos from before you found the channel. Cue to a couple weeks or months later, you start to think of her and the others as a friend or company. Just like you do with a TV show (Friends, Sex and the City), only this is cooler, because they are real people. Then, you start to notice things…….

Couture gowns come out for a cocktail party (“it’s vintage” sure, Vivienne Westwood?!, Versace !?, Manolo’s). She took 12 vacations last year? Hmmmm
My father bought me a murano chandelier (huh?!).

BUT, she’s driving a bombed out car left there by a volunteer, she’s giving hotel soap for Christmas presents, she’s begging Potty to buy her art at a gallery.

THEN, she’s going on vacation and staying at a 4 star hotel, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation…………….

The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. I’d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker. I’m not kidding. Really weird men were showing up to party, and when she dressed up she looked like a hooker. She went off with Mason on those trips and I seriously wondered if he was paying her.

Michael’s first crying video sent me straight here. I googled her name and scam and here I am. I came in around thread 19. Thank goodness for Clara, because in as much I’d decided she was full of tit, Clara really laid it out, and it’s even worse than I expected.

She’s no different than a junkie lying to you to get you to fork over some cash because they need a little help. Only in her case she runs off and buys Soleaido and $4000 worth of wallpaper instead of drugs. Oh and she doesn’t ask in person, she uses YouTube to get into your house and ask for money.

I only watch now because I want to see her come apart. I don’t care about that old building. I don’t care about her or her greedy, lying, mother. I like a few of the regulars, but I absolutely hate Snorts.

My only fear is that when we do break her, or she gets caught out, that she’ll just disappear and we’ll never get to see it.

So yep, I did, I gave her money and I’m not a granny. I hope it paid for a dinner that gave her diarrhea, or a bottle of liquor that gave her the worst hangover ever.

Reactions:You, agualilas@, Jikki2 and 93 others

@Shannaswood

Friday at 7:23 PM
After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.

Reactions:You, YoungAtHeart, Hercule P and 83 others
I totally agree with you!! I abandoned watching her sorry ass as my cortisol levels hit the roof!! Hbp just by watching the shameless acting(very poor) it's been impossible to catch up with all the threads but what annoys me but doesn't surprise me is that Dan has been brought in to save the day!!!! He's obviously trying to better his position (financially) and it's plain to see he's not very happy about it!!

Reactions: 17
Just a quick thank guys, I watched the latest Flueries vlog where they did a recap of everything they have achieved and I am mightily impressed and not one flash of bare arse in the whole video. What I found funny was that they showed stills of before and after, their before looked better than any of Fannys after images.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I just realised we never got to see Oliver (the part time daubler) leave the shitto, come to think of it we didn’t get much from him after his car key fiasco in a neighboring town. I wonder if he was reluctant to be filmed any further after our trolling his arrogance?
We did not see support squirrel’s bbf and her mother leave either…. or are they still there taking inventory ??;)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
IMHO as dear Brenda would say, all funds - regardless of source, are going into one bank account- wherever that is. Which is an accounting nightmare. Natti provided receipts by month yet not sorted into BnB vs regular costs. Recent example the Brico visit by Dan to fix the door. Who pays for those materials? The replacement gas bottle for all the wood scorching done - who pays for that.
For Tattle viewers who may not comment; in earlier threads we suggested SJ have a grocery budget which would reasonably feed the many food requirements at the time but not tip her into ridiculous costs. And a standard book of recipes for guests which had been costed to ensure flexibility yet no waste. Tattlers are not without constructive suggestions. We have also suggested she hire a proper business admin manager.
Sigh…..it all started so well.
If she hired a proper janitor, project manager, secretary, cook, and gardener, etc (the legal way) there would be no patreon money left to do any projects.
35000 /a for a caretaker/janitor for everyday maintance
55000 for a project manager
35000 gardener
35000 secretary
35000 cook
Can't blame her that she tries to do it on her own, since it's just a year of massive patreon money.

Her lifestyle of eating out in fancy restaurants, travelling, switching between London and LaLande, the occasional designer dress and expensive perfume is just her normal baseline, that's what she always did, even before YouTube and that's what her parents taught her. She will never give up on this just to have a courtyard without weeds when she is not at LaLande half of the time and never even outside.

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Nutti's generic IG posts lasting only a few seconds are just annoying. I had hoped to see more of their travels and more of the real Argentina. Why bother posting at all, except to flaunt their romance?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.