The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow the threads go fast ..... thank you once again Mojo !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
He's looking like a basic circuit queen. He's like any other hustler or wannabe actor in WeHo.
But…but…Michael said Andrew was going to move into Begmania and they would live happily ever after! Making Toxic Jam and collecting Spode. And making videos of tomato gardens, chickens, geese, and ducks! (What in the world was MPK thinking…or on at the time? Must have been some good stuff!). Actually, Snorts is a better match for MPK…except he’s too feminine for Michael!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Further to comments in the previous thread, an enormous amount of work was completed at Chateau de Lalande from 2006-2008.
Daddy was the the driving force and when he died in June, 2009 Stephanme & Mummee understandably lost their mojo.

It's now been 14-16 years since the initial renovation was done. Neither SJ & IJ have been interested in the repair, maintenance, construction, renovation required for upkeep. Nic or Potts also haven't be interested, or didn't have the funds required, to properly renovate the property,
So for the past 14 years they've done less than the minimum required and the farm house has deteriorated into the shitoo.

They sunk +300,000 pounds into the property for initial renovation work & today the shitoo is still only worth what they paid for it!
Any sane person would cut their loses and sell the shitoo.

However, there's now an unexpected bucket of other people's cash, so they have a conundrum.
- None of the owners see the shitoo as their home. It's just a shabby, holiday partyhouse for 6 months of the year & Christmas. Yet they all like being able to say they own a French chateau because it makes them sound important
- SJ doesn't want to do the hard work. Infact, none of the owners want to get their hands dirty (aka - the Fleuries). SJ just wants to play at decorating, and Nic & Potty are happy to let her continue on, even if she is doing a piss poor job
- SJ doesn't have the interest, skills or knowledge to project manage the renovation, and she's greedy and doesn't want to spend the money to hire the required expertise
- But they now have patrons & viewers to answer to, so they'll keep up the prextext of work being done and string out the renovation/construction for as long as they can
- SJ will be happy to continue doing things on the cheap and use smoke & mirrors while she builds her Venetian nest egg. When SJ has squirreled away enough cash she'll happily leave the shitoo behind and head off to Venice & travel the world

I think something that we probably should factor in with the 'LaLande vs the Fleuries' rate of progression, even begrudgingly, is that LaLande already has its B&B rooms established . As much as I am not a huge fan of the decor and style in many of the rooms at Lalande, they are guest ready and habitable (well, during warmer months anyway). So, there is no mad dash for Stephanie & coowners to renovate like the Fleuries.

Of course, as we all keep saying, what Lalande needs is desperate improvement and one would think the owner(s) would want to get on with it sooner rather than later. You know, when I sit and think of those two very passive male coowners not demanding more time be dedicated to actual project completions ,but then they don't actually live there either , what a screwy situation. I hope part of Nick's argument with SJ included him telling her to quit the manic travels and focus on the renovations. And off to S Africa she goes ...
Nic has a dedicated bedroom at Mummee's beach house so doubt he said anything about the SA trip.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
There was very little interaction with her younger siblings (it was obvious she had no fecks to give to them.)
I don't know about this part....her siblings still seemed young and yet also old enough to refuse to be on camera if they so choose. Or her mom may not want them fully on camera. There could be so much behind this that I don't feel it's fair to come down on Marie for not showcasing her family. Her Norway vlogs were very short too. I hope she spent the time being present and enjoying their company. I have mixed feelings about Marie. It's too soon for me to make a conclusion, but if what many are foreseeing is true, then I will also be just as frustrated with her being blind to the value of what she has in Haworth . If she can hold on until February /Valentine's Day when florals will pick up, she should not let her moods get her down or share them so impulsively on IG.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
- None of the owners see the shitoo as their home. It's just a shabby, holiday partyhouse for 6 months of the year & Christmas. Yet they all like being able to say they own a French chateau because it makes them sound important
- SJ doesn't want to do the hard work. Infact, none of the owners want to get their hands dirty (aka - the Fleuries)the
Yep, perfect summation! Theyve always seen the chateau as a holiday party house they could brag about ,not truly something to spend hard labor and time on. They are of that Oxford set who think they are too cool . I think the passing of Stephanie's father did take the wind out of Stephanie's sails and falling into a depression one cant fault her that. But yep, once the YouTube and Patron funding took off, she has much easier ability and opportunity to continue on with the needed work. She's also had two years now to come to grips with the influx of support , she needs to focus. Focus Stephanie! Oh, wait, what's that I see ...a squirrel holding a brooch! 🐿 💫💎🛍🧳

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think something that we probably should factor in with the 'LaLande vs the Fleuries' rate of progression, even begrudgingly, is that LaLande already has its B&B rooms established . As much as I am not a huge fan of the decor and style in many of the rooms at Lalande, they are guest ready and habitable (well, during warmer months anyway). So, there is no mad dash for Stephanie & coowners to renovate like the Fleuries.

Of course, as we all keep saying, what Lalande needs is desperate improvement and one would think the owner(s) would want to get on with it sooner rather than later. You know, when I sit and think of those two very passive male coowners not demanding more time be dedicated to actual project completions ,but then they don't actually live there either , what a screwy situation. I hope part of Nick's argument with SJ included him telling her to quit the manic travels and focus on the renovations. And off to S Africa she goes ...
The Fleuries already have at least 4 B&B rooms that they rent out. They are beautiful rooms with beautiful bathrooms. They also have working heat. I would 100% rather stay at their lovely chateau than Stephanie’s gross and tacky LL. While Philip and Anna do a bit of YouTube begging through Patreon, they actually work on the projects as promised in a timely manner. They’ve only lived there 2 years and while not fully completed, the difference is night and day.

LL is owned by rich, entitled, idiots. They are so ridiculous that we Tattlers, from around the world, have found each other here to discuss their constant lying, grifting and stupidity. They suck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
The Fleuries already have at least 4 B&B rooms that they rent out. They are beautiful rooms with beautiful bathrooms. They also have working heat. I would 100% rather stay at their lovely chateau than Stephanie’s gross and tacky LL. While Philip and Anna do a bit of YouTube begging through Patreon, they actually work on the projects as promised in a timely manner. They’ve only lived there 2 years and while not fully completed, the difference is night and day.

LL is owned by rich, entitled, idiots. They are so ridiculous that we Tattlers, from around the world, have found each other here to discuss their constant lying, grifting and stupidity. They suck.
I agree. The Fleuries tastes are much more refined and yet they are able to make decisions and progress at rapid speed, comparitively. What Lalande has is the medieval architecture and fields surrounding it as the allure over the Fleuries chateau. Now if you could mix the two together!

Reactions: 22
I agree. The Fleuries tastes are much more refined and yet they are able to make decisions and progress at rapid speed, comparitively. What Lalande has is the medieval architecture and fields surrounding it as the allure over the Fleuries chateau. Now if you could mix the two together!
Medieval architecture won’t mean much when that part of the building collapses from lack of maintenance. The photo shoot video showed quite nasty looking cracks coming from the top above the terrace. That whole part of the farmhouse needs serious attention and investment.

I suppose they could just resume parties in the chapel until it collapses too.

• Haha
The Flueries aren't hoarders, they have a more refined taste and don't over stuff their rooms with cheap Emaus/Brocante crap. The Fleuries are quality over quality, which is the polar oppositie of SJ & the shitoo!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
In one of my first posts I commented on my frustration that when Potty and Nic or her army of friends arrived in the past there were no working bees. Eg Having a group of people work on a room (painting) or clear out the stables or do some gardening. The men do nothing.
I am also puzzled as to why SJ is spending so much money on wallpaper if she has no real intention of living in HMN and she can’t take it with her. She could have chosen cheaper paper or just painted. She could have used plain white subway tiles in the bathrooms (like Anna and Ed). This would have saved her thousands for the Venice fund. Even as a grifter she is quite stupid.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Wonder if Mr P bought him the iPhone13? Hilton Bogotá. Jesus wept .

(Not exactly filling out those budgie smugglers impressively is he). Maybe the water was cold !
Black makes everything look smaller. 🤣

But his rear end fills them out nicely! I wish he had a little fur on his chest. I always think it's a little odd when a guy has a shaved chest if they're not an Olympic swimmer.
I wish he had a bit of fur too...like @Jikki2 for instance. Great minds..;)

He's looking like a basic circuit queen. He's like any other hustler or wannabe actor in WeHo.
And this is bad because? ;)

Thanks Mojo for keeping it rolling! Congrats @oooLaLande for the very fitting thread title--I hope you're feeling not so yucky!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Watched another "successful" YouTube discussing her patreon page and how much she appreciated the support. 🤔 If you are a successful reseller and have a successful business, why have a patreon page?

Fanny is in over her head and will fly the coup just before the property is seized for back taxes, or whatever the French do. BTW, in the US, the gifts Fanny receives would be considered taxable. Does France have the same kind of tax code regarding gift values?

The Flueries aren't hoarders, they have a more refined taste and don't over stuff their rooms with cheap Emaus/Brocante crap. The Fleuries are quality over quality, which is the polar oppositie of SJ & the shitoo!
Meant to say the Fleuries are quality over quantity, but Flueries are also double quality!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
In one of my first posts I commented on my frustration that when Potty and Nic or her army of friends arrived in the past there were no working bees. Eg Having a group of people work on a room (painting) or clear out the stables or do some gardening. The men do nothing.
I am also puzzled as to why SJ is spending so much money on wallpaper if she has no real intention of living in HMN and she can’t take it with her. She could have chosen cheaper paper or just painted. She could have used plain white subway tiles in the bathrooms (like Anna and Ed). This would have saved her thousands for the Venice fund. Even as a grifter she is quite stupid.
SJ doesn’t understand the value of money and thinks expensive brands represent good taste, but not when she mashes it all together. She has beer taste on a champagne budget.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Even as a grifter she is quite stupid.
My perspective on the charlataine exactly: there is no plan to advance, there never was and never will be. SJ remains lost in her own strategy games and nobody can tell where she's heading, not even SJ herself. Had she made a plan in advance it would have been easy to adjust when things happen (they always do) and priorities change (they always do), but her lack of an actual vision for the future piles up the wasteful behavior and meaningless completion of days, months, years spend in her HMN. Honesty has become the cumbersome victim: only lies can satisfy her assertiveness. You look beautiful, snorts the Cameltoe, while he swallows the much more accurate words 'just like my grandmother'. You are always so lovely and positive, warbles the guerilla granny, without consolidating the accessory creepiness that guides her fraud. I love you, declares a visiting friend, hoping to conceal their also bubbling hate for the constant filming and what it has done to the general atmosphere.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
So... @Marty McFly 9 as far as you Stephending.... AHHH NO
So did she? Move in during 2006? I keep feeling like she has been saying 1yeatsrs I Caaaaant beelleeevvee it!! For at least 1.5 years but ok... for times sake - and because I don't give a tit enough to investigate

BUT!!

#1. Even IF she did everything in that list: FIVE YEARS TOPS!! Even in France- and I have asked people IN FRANCE - this includes all strikes and waits and using- yes. French folks. Let's even say $300k from the "sale" of her London flat 🤣🤣🤣 that she some how magically STILL HAS and rents out. The 2 bedroom flat. In London. Sure. Ok. Let's just even go with that.

#2. At least FIFTY PERCENT that's 50% is garden crap. I'd you have a falling down chateau - Let's concentrate on the falling down building 👷‍♂️ -shall we?

#3. Now what she has actually has done -bless her heart- let's look at what is finished- AND WORKING- it's ok... I will wait.. ⏰ the downstairs loo you say?? Mais non!! No... go back, she will even give you the list on film if you will.

She finishes nothing and spends everything. Except her wardrobe, her entertainment, her fun, her life, love and endlessly irritating, shrieking "laughter".

I am afraid my dear, you have never been more wrong.

The folks who will keep giving her money for the next couple of years which she will hoard so she will NEVER have to get a job, will have no recourse. She will then have about 20 people paying her "rent" and about 100 crazy people coming to visit and suppling her enough cash flow to travel inside Europe without working until her mother dies. The y will visit and pay €195 then €250 a night for the privilege. I can't even. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.