The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More restoration ideas for Phillip from Versailles and the rooms of Madame du Barry. I think Phillip would identify with her and her story as the young lover of the King who was despised and by the court. Like Phillip, Madame du Barry amused and distracted the King. Enormous sums of money were showered on her jewels, dresses and accommodation. She actually was not a bad person, just rather stupid and shallow. During the revolution she tried to trade her jewels to save her life, but ended up having her head chopped off. On the scaffold she ran about begging the executioners not to hurt her...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Apparently none of SJ’s fans have figured out that it will never get done. That’s the whole point…if it ever gets done, there’s no more money to collect. Collect the cash, string everyone along, and keep the accounting a mystery. She’ll be able to buy her dream villa in Venice (paid in cash) and say goodbye to the dump forever.
I'm interested in the end game too. I'm not sure SJ is sane enough to have anything but a train wreck lined up.
She could make money on renting the shittoo out as various gites, if, as Le Comte stipulates, she puts in a pool. Sending the laundry out was a major step toward a sane and hygienic hospitality business.
I've always been stumped by the Nati's crappy Little Apartment phenom. It is out of character for SJ to be altruistic; I strongly suspect Nati is less committed to being her liege man than SJ thinks. I think Nati may have been husband hunting, like what's her face, in the strapless cocktail dress and tacones, cooking meals for creepy tourists.
And if Nati and Amaury get together perma, I can't see them living in what would be a claustro pit for one person, let alone two. Clara suggests it's possible they're looking for a farmhouse nearby? Clearly Amaury has moved in for the duration. If he is the agent of IJ and the Richmonds, either to dethrone PJ, or secure the shittoo as a family legacy, I don't see him going anywhere, and nor living in the mousehole SJ is waving in front of Nati's nose as if it were a major concession.
In short, I think Nati's apartment is a.) about writing off the new electrical and sewage infrastructure required to en-gite the entire place, b.) insulating Jerry's apartment above, ditto, and c.) indicates no retreat from the shittoo by SJ, but rather setting it up as a cash cow.
SJ in a Venice dump. Holy cannoli. With the under-endowed PJ in the Björn Andrésen twink role. Certainly she would go for an even younger man. Another 30 years of Tattle material.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
I'm really confused about why FRK should choose to try to settle in the UK. She doesn't seem to have close friends here but I assumed that she wanted to be here to be close to her mother. However it now appears that her mother is back in Norway, along with FRK's siblings and half-siblings.
She seemed to have a close friend that she met up with in Oslo, Apart from her old colleague from the restaurant, everyone else she classes as "good friends" seem to be connections via Lalande.

Reactions: 35
Couldn’t have said it better myself. FRK is an embarrassment to herself. Even outsiders can see the help she has been given. She’s barely unpacked before she’s having a whinge and talking about moving on.

What a kick in the teets for everyone in Haworth who have generously given time snd support.

Disgraceful behaviour FRK - when you going to put something IN instead of taking OUT all the time ?
I was really hoping that she had finally found a place and was awakened to what the real world is like after being at La La Fantasy Land for so long, but I guess not. She is of that age that think that they can make their way in life as influencers . She's 30? and needs to think of her future and beyond into retirement years. I don't see her being happy anywhere she goes.

Reactions: 29
More restoration ideas for Phillip from Versailles and the rooms of Madame du Barry. I think Phillip would identify with her and her story as the young lover of the King who was despised and by the court. Like Phillip, Madame du Barry amused and distracted the King. Enormous sums of money were showered on her jewels, dresses and accommodation. She actually was not a bad person, just rather stupid and shallow. During the revolution she tried to trade her jewels to save her life, but ended up having her head chopped off. On the scaffold she ran about begging the executioners not to hurt her...

Thanks for this fascinating video on the restoration.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dan's video is up. He says he has been asked to caretake the Chateau, along with a couple of others who will be "popping in and out."
With the catalogue of maintenance disasters of late, it make sense that he is on hand (maybe Kim has been told she is in charge but I imagine that she's as useless as Madam Fanny, @Clara Burnett ?)
I just hope he is being paid accordingly.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Problems??? Yes. Seeking help???
She has been selling this for five years. It's a money maker and it has never failed her. Why would she change.
FRK would like her life to look more like SJ's.

View attachment 972361
planbstudio

#PKNBGO5 Speaker: Marie Wiik believes life will never be perfect and the key to happiness is acceptance. Inspired from her time as a self-harmer and living with an alcoholic father, Marie thought she'd join us to share some of her darkest memories. Note: she claims she makes it funny.

Be there, or be out with ‘friends’ (not really friends). Pecha Kucha Bergen - celebrating awesome.

Tickets (link in profile): https://pechakucha.ticketco.no/vol5
Promo-kode: HELDIGGRIS
FEBRUARY 10, 2016
her time as self-harter with an alcoholic father…

wel that’s something you surely put public in a personal resume, cv, or Lebenslauf.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
With all the information here, I don't have to watch her video's to know what's happening. The problem is not just SJ, it's those responding to give her money & gifts. All those appearing in her videos like Curtis (whose photoshoot video & channel was linked to her patrons) are only close to her for the patrons. Ytube is not renovating her chateau, the latest video should have been for her patrons but was released on her main channel because her patron account has a limited audience & she wants to attract more patrons. The title should have been how patrons helped renovate her chateau because her €4,000 - 6,000 monthly Ytube income is spent on salaries not renovations. She must have earned almost a million on patreon in 2 years. I have never seen a place where so much money is spent still look like a dump. The 'lack of French workers' is an excuse to save money, this is why she uses Dan & Armaury for everything.

@ Marty McFly said Wonder how many times she will have to write her own name on the back of the paneling?
@ Espe said The whole idea of strangers giving money for anyone to restore what is purely their home is immoral!

Good comments. I wonder how many patrons she would have got if she just asked for money to upload videos just like podcasters, artists & low income musicians do?

Thanks for the new thread.
I've stopped discussing FRK altogher.
I look at her as the Victim in the Karpman Drama Triangle and now I can not unsee it.
She will be there all her life, because I do not think she has the capabilities to step out of the triangle and take responsibility (if she couldn't do that 5 years ago, she can't do that now!)

• Heart
After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
Dan's video is up. He says he has been asked to caretake the Chateau, along with a couple of others who will be "popping in and out."
With the catalogue of maintenance disasters of late, it make sense that he is on hand (maybe Kim has been told she is in charge but I imagine that she's as useless as Madam Fanny, @Clara Burnett ?)
I just saw it too... I'm sure he's being paid (am I?..) to be the caretaker. I just wonder if the family will join him as well or is it just a day job and he gets to go home at night. I hope so! He's gonna freeze his scrawny ass in that shitto day and night! :LOL:

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.
Because the show is called Chateau DIY.. she needs material for filming and she doesn't do ANY diy except wallpapering, and even at that she sucks! :LOL:

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom,
The only warm places in shitto at the moment are bedrooms with heaters and of course she blew up the wall that enclosed her "boudoir" and now can't keep it warm.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Victoria Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey and how she got to where she is now. I wonder if she’ll include the grifting and begging. She will answer questions so…if anyone’s at a loose end on 19th May, and lives nearby, that would be an interesting question to put to her.🤔 You would have to pay though!

Marie invites you to Victoria Hall in Shipley on the 19th of May 2022 for an afternoon of inspirational talk and questions.

Marie has long been wanting to share her whole story on how she managed to grow a social media following while living in a magical Chateau in rural France, which now has enabled her to make a full-time living doing what she loves to do. Marie was featured on the popular British Tv-Series Chateau DIY while living at Chateau de la lande together with her friend Stephanie Jarvis and the famous Lalanders.

The talking event starts at 14.00 pm and ends at 17.00 pm. There will be delicious refreshements and a little gift for all ticketholders.
Is Shipley in the UK or Norway?

Reactions: 4
I hope people don't take DIY tips from watching Dan. He's even worse than Pa Trotter in the bodging stakes. Today, he's put in a plinth for the stove to sit on, but it's not wide enough to catch any hot ash or other messy bits that will inevitably fall onto it, so the floor will get damaged. He seems to be doing everything in a rush without thinking, like his roof works that have just let rain through into the studio.

I don't see how he can be a caretaker without virtually living at the chateau, particularly during winter months, as pipes could start leaking at any moment.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Couldn’t have said it better myself. FRK is an embarrassment to herself. Even outsiders can see the help she has been given. She’s barely unpacked before she’s having a whinge and talking about moving on.

What a kick in the teets for everyone in Haworth who have generously given time snd support.

Disgraceful behaviour FRK - when you going to put something IN instead of taking OUT all the time ?
I am just stupidly surprised at her wanting to ditch EVERYTHING her friends bent over backwards for her to achieve. Oh my. I was just starting to think she was going to move on and progress. I certainly hope she NEVER goes back to the shanty.

Reactions: 22
I thought when he was telling us he'd been left in charge, that he and Annalise and the two boys were moving into HMN for the duration, but apparently not. But probably too cold for the little ones.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.