The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They sunk +300,000 pounds into the property for initial renovation work & today the shitoo is still only worth what they paid for it!
Any sane person would cut their loses and sell the shitoo.
I think this really is the crux of the issue - why invest in something so heavily, such is the amount that LaLande requires - to reap little of no return? It comes back to money again, she knows that she’ll come away with hardly anything if all three owners decide to sell, hence the focus on set dressing.

Reactions: 20
Where are SJ, PJ and tartan taxi driver staying in SA,
1. With Mummy and Percy
2. in the Jarvis house with the live in help
3. A luxury hotel.
Maybe one in each!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My perspective on the charlataine exactly: there is no plan to advance, there never was and never will be. SJ remains lost in her own strategy games and nobody can tell where she's heading, not even SJ herself. Had she made a plan in advance it would have been easy to adjust when things happen (they always do) and priorities change (they always do), but her lack of an actual vision for the future piles up the wasteful behavior and meaningless completion of days, months, years spend in her HMN. Honesty has become the cumbersome victim: only lies can satisfy her assertiveness. You look beautiful, snorts the Cameltoe, while he swallows the much more accurate words 'just like my grandmother'. You are always so lovely and positive, warbles the guerilla granny, without consolidating the accessory creepiness that guides her fraud. I love you, declares a visiting friend, hoping to conceal their also bubbling hate for the constant filming and what it has done to the general atmosphere.
I just realised we never got to see Oliver (the part time daubler) leave the shitto, come to think of it we didn’t get much from him after his car key fiasco in a neighboring town. I wonder if he was reluctant to be filmed any further after our trolling his arrogance?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think this really is the crux of the issue - why invest in something so heavily, such is the amount that LaLande requires - to reap little of no return? It comes back to money again, she knows that she’ll come away with hardly anything if all three owners decide to sell, hence the focus on set dressing.
Even if Larkin and Potty would want to sell their share (and they don't), SJ has the controlling interest in the HMN hence she can veto whatever she does not agree to. If ever the day will come that the boys need to distance themselves from her (sweet dreams are made of this) I am absolutely sure they will gladly take their losses and gift her their shares.

I just realised we never got to see Oliver (the part time daubler) leave the shitto, come to think of it we didn’t get much from him after his car key fiasco in a neighboring town. I wonder if he was reluctant to be filmed any further after our trolling his arrogance?
He left, shortly after his last pretentious performance in one of the early advent flogs.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I agree. The Fleuries tastes are much more refined and yet they are able to make decisions and progress at rapid speed, comparitively. What Lalande has is the medieval architecture and fields surrounding it as the allure over the Fleuries chateau. Now if you could mix the two together!
Lalande is not a medieval castle.

Its oldest part dates from the 17th century. Maybe some foundations can be found being from the 16th century but that's it.

The rest of the building has been rebuilt in mid 19th.

About the gardens being open to the public, they need to be historical and spectacular in terms of gardens architecture. Which is not the case at Lalande - even with Davey's plans.

There are many many châteaux in France with beautiful listed gardens open to the public. It would take decades to Lalande to reach the same result...

Watched another "successful" YouTube discussing her patreon page and how much she appreciated the support. 🤔 If you are a successful reseller and have a successful business, why have a patreon page?

Fanny is in over her head and will fly the coup just before the property is seized for back taxes, or whatever the French do. BTW, in the US, the gifts Fanny receives would be considered taxable. Does France have the same kind of tax code regarding gift values?
Yes. It's the same in France.

The French tax office is not known for being nice and kind....

• Haha
Reactions: 47
@Marty McFly 9 In response to your post about SJ's inheritance/ wealth, it's been mentioned before that she also owns an apartment at Cap d'Agde. Does anyone know when or how that was acquired?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
So... @Marty McFly 9 as far as you Stephending.... AHHH NO
So did she? Move in during 2006? I keep feeling like she has been saying 1yeatsrs I Caaaaant beelleeevvee it!! For at least 1.5 years but ok... for times sake - and because I don't give a tit enough to investigate

BUT!!

#1. Even IF she did everything in that list: FIVE YEARS TOPS!! Even in France- and I have asked people IN FRANCE - this includes all strikes and waits and using- yes. French folks. Let's even say $300k from the "sale" of her London flat 🤣🤣🤣 that she some how magically STILL HAS and rents out. The 2 bedroom flat. In London. Sure. Ok. Let's just even go with that.

#2. At least FIFTY PERCENT that's 50% is garden crap. I'd you have a falling down chateau - Let's concentrate on the falling down building 👷‍♂️ -shall we?

#3. Now what she has actually has done -bless her heart- let's look at what is finished- AND WORKING- it's ok... I will wait.. ⏰ the downstairs loo you say?? Mais non!! No... go back, she will even give you the list on film if you will.

She finishes nothing and spends everything. Except her wardrobe, her entertainment, her fun, her life, love and endlessly irritating, shrieking "laughter".

I am afraid my dear, you have never been more wrong.

The folks who will keep giving her money for the next couple of years which she will hoard so she will NEVER have to get a job, will have no recourse. She will then have about 20 people paying her "rent" and about 100 crazy people coming to visit and suppling her enough cash flow to travel inside Europe without working until her mother dies. The y will visit and pay €195 then €250 a night for the privilege. I can't even. Ugh.
Yes.... France is full of French people who live a French life in a French way and in a French system. Surprise surprise !

A shame indeed 😂🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: 25
@Shannaswood right? I mean it's sooooo expensive! So expensive for just a short while to get over there!

I don't think people even understand that if you can't just drive around- you have to fly and rent a car and everything it's just BLINDINGLY expensive! What people in countries OTHER than the USA ALSO do not have to contend with are: MASSIVE medical bills ( if you are paying out of pocket for your own INSURANCE consider 3k to 5k a month) PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE PENSION PLANS OR GOVERNMENT RETIREMENT PLANS HERE - It's all on you bucko so save up- LONG TERM ILLNESS OR INJURY yup, once again, it's on you and your family, and your family has moved away and nobody is speaking anyway and GOVERNMENT housing/hospice 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've shown you those photos of the under passes right? Why do you think we have everyone homeless here? In California? It's warm! At least they know they won't freeze to death. No, if you get alzheimers there isn't a back up plan unless you have saved. $237 PER day. No joke.

My mother and I got into a huge argument about it- she lives in Canada and she kept saying no no no... but what if you cant.... so ya.... I get really MAD. They also want to send their kids to college- anywhere from 20k a year in state to 90k out of state private!! PER YEAR ..

I get sooo MAD at this THEFT this LIAR to the point of TEARS , because just like any CULT LEADER she is playing on people's DREAMS for people who will NEVER HAVE the opportunity to GO TO VENICE or PARIS or LONDON and she is saying WE ARE DOING THIS TOGETHER ❤ YOU AND I!! BECAUSE OF YOU!! SEE WE ARE FRIENDS!! AND ONE DAY!! WE WILL BE TOGETHER ❤🥰 but they won't. Not ever.

Because like any great liar, thief or catfisher, it's all about teasing it out, playing the line, keeping it RIGHT THERE!! When really.... she is just stealing your homework, ditching you for the captain of the football team and laughing at you as soon as she dumps your ass when she gets on the jet and you CLEAN HER bleeping TOILET and are just grateful to do it.

The only thing that gives me any hope at all: Hitler once had a whole country that loved him.

Then again, he STILL has people who worship him. Just remember "good people on both sides" right folks? You CAN indeed fool some of the people ALL of the time. They want it so badly to be true.

I. Hate. Her.

@Marty McFly 9 In response to your post about SJ's inheritance/ wealth, it's been mentioned before that she also owns an apartment at Cap d'Agde. Does anyone know when or how that was acquired?
My anger grows. Also her parents never worked hard. They stole. They stole from people too old and too defenseless to do anything about it. Exhibit A: a baby grand piano to a 16 year old who was NOT on stage at the Royal Albert Hall nor at Carnegie Hall. I rest my case your honor. I am a Q.C in this kind of grifting.

Yes.... France is full of French people who live a French life in a French way and in a French system. Surprise surprise !

A shame indeed 😂🤣😅
Right? AND SHE NEVER has a single FRENCH person woek for her!! I mean doesn't that piss off a single French person? My husband speaks French and has French family, and THANK THE LORD we never went over there and thought of saying "hey you should meet her" they would have been MORTIFIED!! he says her accent is TERRIBLE!! Worse than an Americans!! 🤣 He wants to know where they labor law people are? He cannot believe she has gotten away with it for so long!

Because he is arrogant- with no right to be so. I mean if we are to work of the English system- the accent is quite wrong n'est pas?😋

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
So... @Marty McFly 9 as far as you Stephending.... AHHH NO
So did she? Move in during 2006? I keep feeling like she has been saying 1yeatsrs I Caaaaant beelleeevvee it!! For at least 1.5 years but ok... for times sake - and because I don't give a tit enough to investigate

BUT!!

#1. Even IF she did everything in that list: FIVE YEARS TOPS!! Even in France- and I have asked people IN FRANCE - this includes all strikes and waits and using- yes. French folks. Let's even say $300k from the "sale" of her London flat 🤣🤣🤣 that she some how magically STILL HAS and rents out. The 2 bedroom flat. In London. Sure. Ok. Let's just even go with that.

#2. At least FIFTY PERCENT that's 50% is garden crap. I'd you have a falling down chateau - Let's concentrate on the falling down building 👷‍♂️ -shall we?

#3. Now what she has actually has done -bless her heart- let's look at what is finished- AND WORKING- it's ok... I will wait.. ⏰ the downstairs loo you say?? Mais non!! No... go back, she will even give you the list on film if you will.

She finishes nothing and spends everything. Except her wardrobe, her entertainment, her fun, her life, love and endlessly irritating, shrieking "laughter".

I am afraid my dear, you have never been more wrong.

The folks who will keep giving her money for the next couple of years which she will hoard so she will NEVER have to get a job, will have no recourse. She will then have about 20 people paying her "rent" and about 100 crazy people coming to visit and suppling her enough cash flow to travel inside Europe without working until her mother dies. The y will visit and pay €195 then €250 a night for the privilege. I can't even. Ugh.
An interesting idea SJ is hoarding money. She might be, but in my experiences (an accountant as a first career) the more disorganized a person was in real life, it was mirrored in their bank accounts. I'm guessing her money is as messy as her home.
The accounts are probably half-heartedly watched over without budgeting for each project. I'm guessing even the household account is a bottomless pit of cash (groceries and such) no one keeps an eye on.

I don't think she will ever sell. The place reminds her too much of her youth and her father. Besides, on the cash she has now, even with the sale of the residence, she would never afford Italy. Maybe rent for a month or two, but that would be it.

Reactions: 32
IMHO as dear Brenda would say, all funds - regardless of source, are going into one bank account- wherever that is. Which is an accounting nightmare. Natti provided receipts by month yet not sorted into BnB vs regular costs. Recent example the Brico visit by Dan to fix the door. Who pays for those materials? The replacement gas bottle for all the wood scorching done - who pays for that.
For Tattle viewers who may not comment; in earlier threads we suggested SJ have a grocery budget which would reasonably feed the many food requirements at the time but not tip her into ridiculous costs. And a standard book of recipes for guests which had been costed to ensure flexibility yet no waste. Tattlers are not without constructive suggestions. We have also suggested she hire a proper business admin manager.
Sigh…..it all started so well.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Fanny doesn't want anyone with professional expertise working for her. She wants people who can do the basics (Dan, Ian, Nati, Davey.) but still to do exactly as she wants, without anyone advising her to the contrary. It's her Shitoo and they do as she wants. The only one who doesn't fall into that category is Amaury but as family has a slightly different platform. She would never want to have a capable business manager, professional gardener or anything other than a jobbing builder as they would raise too many obstacles to her hare- brained schemes.
People with proper credentials and expertise get frustrated with her, like the accountant and the chapel restorer and soon regret the association.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
There's lots to read about it in earlier threads, so I recommend a good search if you want to no the detailed storie(s). Basically IJ is from the South, her mother Paulette used to live close to Cap d'Agde. The apartment there belongs to IJ, but obviously SJ can't wait until it's hers (something to add to her already overly expanded list of possessions) so she pretends her mother isn't there anymore and fakes ownership herself. Because it's not a very grand apartment and needs a complete overhaul to fit SJ's standards, she has not shown it on her vlogs yet. Could be a 'restoration'-project in the waiting...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Took hours to read previous thread from page 6 to here and all I have to say is that I ten times rather look at Dan's ass than Snorty's face.
There's a difference? Ah must be Dans arse is hairier...:);)

Wow the threads go fast ..... thank you once again Mojo !!!
I know... so quick... I only went to bed and woke up to another thread... great title by the way x

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yep, perfect summation! Theyve always seen the chateau as a holiday party house they could brag about ,not truly something to spend hard labor and time on. They are of that Oxford set who think they are too cool . I think the passing of Stephanie's father did take the wind out of Stephanie's sails and falling into a depression one cant fault her that. But yep, once the YouTube and Patron funding took off, she has much easier ability and opportunity to continue on with the needed work. She's also had two years now to come to grips with the influx of support , she needs to focus. Focus Stephanie! Oh, wait, what's that I see ...a squirrel holding a brooch! 🐿 💫💎🛍🧳
wow the threads go so fast...i cant keep up...you know..When you have lived your whole life being lazy...nothing will ever change,,i guess her father stirred her up while they all were at the chateau..her mother also didnt care...she let us believe she is so hardworking...but i have my doubts about that..those two are alike..running after men to become a kept woman..and save their own savings on the bank..

living in a cluttered dump filled with trash and crap gives you a cluttered mind..

About Flowerkiller Marie...where ever she goes..she will always take herself, and her troubles with her....she is clearly very disturbed..and needs to seek help...its always better to work when your feeling down then to drown in selfpity..

Reactions: 27
I agree. The Fleuries tastes are much more refined and yet they are able to make decisions and progress at rapid speed, comparitively. What Lalande has is the medieval architecture and fields surrounding it as the allure over the Fleuries chateau. Now if you could mix the two together!
I am sorry, but the farmhouse is NOT medieval ( a period lasting from the 5th to the late 15th century), as regards the fields, they typical fields in an impoverished area of rural France. As regards the allure of the farmhouse, please don't get me started.

The Flueries aren't hoarders, they have a more refined taste and don't over stuff their rooms with cheap Emaus/Brocante crap. The Fleuries are quality over quality, which is the polar oppositie of SJ & the shitoo!
I think I will give the Flueries another look, it would be nice to see something actually done, without the bat-tit craziness of Fanny faffing around half naked.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Even if Larkin and Potty would want to sell their share (and they don't), SJ has the controlling interest in the HMN hence she can veto whatever she does not agree to. If ever the day will come that the boys need to distance themselves from her (sweet dreams are made of this) I am absolutely sure they will gladly take their losses and gift her their shares.

He left, shortly after his last pretentious performance in one of the early advent flogs.
Yes I think the dynamics of that relationship has changed... I didn't much care for his shared info of the pooping man for the advent vlogs but not long after this revelation, other vloggers mentioned it... Nicky in Positano Diaries mentioned it when she videod the man who made the nativity/village characters. I didn't mind Oliver but I got the feeling that he was no longer featured as a main character in the La lande Saga, even though his appearances were never regular. With too many people each wanting their own ' air time' he was cast to one side. I don't think he was there for gain, as he is doesn't need SJ's following. He got a free holiday from staying there but I do think his friendship was genuine. Now that he's settled in Spain, although not too far away, I can't see him returning any time soon.

Reactions: 14
Ruby was left out. WHY??? 😿

Ruby laying.jpg

Chateau DIY did not include Chateau de Lalande, (again). 🤔 Have they been dropped by channel 4???

14 HOURS AGO
chateaudiy

This one’s for our furry companions. What would we do without them? An unconditional love, that’s so precious.

Who have you seen on the big screen? 🐕🐈

In order of (stories):
@chateaucaillac @chateaudebrives @chateau_joli_bois @chateaudelafarecendras @chateaudelomenie @chateauderosieres @chateau_du_doux @chateauflore @chateaugiouxlimousin @chateaulabriance @chateaulagorce_frenchwedding @chateaulagrandemaison @chateaumareuil @escapetochateau_mas_de_pradie @chateaudesauge @domainedelabarde @domainedelasalle @chateaudemontvason

#pets #furryfriends #companion

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
IMHO as dear Brenda would say, all funds - regardless of source, are going into one bank account- wherever that is. Which is an accounting nightmare. Natti provided receipts by month yet not sorted into BnB vs regular costs. Recent example the Brico visit by Dan to fix the door. Who pays for those materials? The replacement gas bottle for all the wood scorching done - who pays for that.
For Tattle viewers who may not comment; in earlier threads we suggested SJ have a grocery budget which would reasonably feed the many food requirements at the time but not tip her into ridiculous costs. And a standard book of recipes for guests which had been costed to ensure flexibility yet no waste. Tattlers are not without constructive suggestions. We have also suggested she hire a proper business admin manager.
Sigh…..it all started so well.
It's not rocket science... regardless of the size the household a buget is required to ensure that your outgoings are not greater than your incomings.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.