Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elba2008

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
I wasn't sure wheather I should post the link to the ranting lady or not. But now I'm glad I did. I found this lady some time ago when reading through the comments on one of SJ's videos. She posted there a slightly critical comment and I found her name worth clicking on. That's why I found her channel. She posts videos on a daily(?) basis speaking about a lot of stuff. I especially thought it interesting to hear her ranting about English people that complain about so much in France, but on the other hand live in France themselves. And then there came this video....

So, Who am I?
I'm a 70 year old retired teacher, married, one son, four cats, loving to knit, crochet, read or sew while listening/watching a broad variety of YouTube videos.
So one day - I think it still was 2019 - I was recommended her channel. I liked it and watched all of her viedeos from then on and backwards. Soon I was recommended MP's channel that I really loved by then (the very first videos to be clear). I subscribed to him, too. Then I stumbled about all the other chateaux-channels and was sucked in, like an addiction. I even stopped knitting etc, my eyes were only glued to the screen - for months and months, in fact years I just realize.
I really bought into the poor girl scam and believed it. One day - I can't remember when - I thought to myself: Wait, there is something wrong. She says that she hasn't got any money, but then she buys Fortnum & Mason? Wasn't that this expensive tea that I can't afford? I looked it up and yes, it was. Hmmmm, strange. She stays in a London flat that she owns? No, that must be wrong. I must have misunderstood all of that (I'm not a native speaker). What, she travels to Egypt and the Far East, (Vietnam/Kambodia, or what was it)? But she doesn't have any money. How can she do that? Oh, it was all a gift. Okay then.
And then there was all that gifting. She praised the gift as the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, to say the same thing to the next nearly identical gift by another sender. I thought that was quite rude.
At this point I started to read comments, which I had never done in my life before. I wanted to know if there were other people like me who found her behaviour strange. But there were none. It was only praising her in the highest tone. So I thought, okay, it's just me that is strange not her. Little did I know by then.
I even considered to join her patreon and help her out. But they asked me for my credit card details. And being German we older Germans are very reluctant to give somebody our credit card details. Now I'm so glad that this saved me from giving a very rich person my money.
Well, and then there was MP's D&A video. "She stole my design." And I bought it. By then I had started to read the comments and found the mentioning of a special site. I didn't understand the word, so I googled and found tattle. I wanted to read myself what this bad site was writing. The more I read the more my eyes widened, because everything that sounded strange to me was voiced here. I felt so good, no more "I am the strange person who things that is wrong". AND I learned that the video creator could delete posts!!! I didn't know that. Now it made sense to me why there were only positive comments and no critical ones.
After having read here for a few days I joined the site, but until now never had the guts to post. Though there was a time when I was so mad at her that I composed some postings to tattle (in my mind) while cooking dinner but never put it in here. It was the video where Dan got a packet sent especially to him and only to him and she robbed him of some of his gifts. That was the moment I unsubscribed on all chateaux channels. Well, I re-subscribed to Lalasalle, Ferté, Honfleur and Dan again, because I think they really do work. But all of the rest - I don't want to give them my - indirect - money via subscribtion.
Regarding previous threads: I started reading at the end of the #20s till #30. Then I thought that I had to start to read from the beginning. I read #1 to #4 and thought: Let's look what is written up now in #30 - only to discover that you were at #34 already. That's when I decided to stop reading the old threads, because I couldn't keep up with you any more -reading the old AND the new one.

Well, that's my story. I'm sorry that it's a bit long. AND I apologize if I used a word that might have offended you in US or UK (like somebody did unwillingly in an earlier post). As I stated I'm not a native speaker and my English isn't that good.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

T Rex

VIP Member
Congrats to @oooLaLande for a fantastic new title, and I hope you are feeling better! And thank you @MojoDublin for a fresh new thread!

I just finished watching the Fleuries "Before and After" video, and I know it was discussed on the previous thread, but WOW! What they have achieved on a shoestring budget over the past 2 1/2 years is absolutely incredible! Anna and Philipp must not get very much sleep- with renovations, raising children, videoing/editing, the B&B, and regular cleaning and upkeep, I can't begrudge them for having a Patron account nor for their adverts for language software- they don't go on lavish holidays, their wardrobes are quite simple (and Anna often chastises Philipp for wearing his good jeans when working on something filthy), they ask viewers to not send them gifts, they harvest fruit and veg from their garden and eat them, and hire local French tradesmen (Benoit is a gem carpenter, and even the teenage Nathan, who mows the lawn and assists Philipp, is wonderful), and the Fleuries love their local community and its history. Both have amazing parents who go straight to work when they arrive. The girls are ridiculously adorable, and go to local school- they speak multiple languages, and are very polite little people (suspect Anna is strict with them, and Philipp is the "fun parent.") In contrast to CLL, which reaps in a tonne of Euros from Patron and YouTube every month, Fanny is an utter failure. Fanny wakes up at noon, stays in her tatty robe most of the day, one of her minions brings her tea and a croissant at lunchtime, has an Army of unpaid volunteers at her beck and call, yet whines she must spend the day editing videos (after making so many of them, one would think it'd get easier by now.) There is no heat in the Shitoo (which confounds me, as Mummy's apartment has heat, but only very special people are allowed to stay there), but Fanny is all snug under the electric blanket she snatched up. But Fanny will eventually rouse herself from her bed to eat dinner that one of her minions has made and consume copious amounts of alcohol, because, hey, let's live every day in this crumbling abode like it's 1999!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Took hours to read previous thread from page 6 to here and all I have to say is that I ten times rather look at Dan's ass than Snorty's face.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Rory

VIP Member
Welcome new Tattlers. I read your posts and am interested in your views of the behaviours of SJ and co. Also what brought you to this site and why. I celebrate you now commenting or just reading.

Personally I am a bit uncomfortable with comments which denigrate people’s bodies. I mean none of us can control genetics, can we? May I ask we go easy on such body focused comments. Regardless of the ability of Tattlers to scroll past and ignore such comments; the comments are online so searchable and traceable.

I know I am not a cleanskin in terms of degrading comments on SJ and co. But the Sara stuff is making me uncomfortable as it is plainly cruel.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Parrfect Porcelane

Thanks for the new thread @MojoDublin and to @oooLaLande for the new title! I hope you're well on your way to recovery.

Discussion in the last thread about SSB's opera career has inspired me to rethink my narrative. When I was younger I took piano lessons. At one point I played a recital piece at an Eastern Star meeting where I was paid the grand sum of $2. Therefore, I am a former concert pianist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Jules100

VIP Member
I think something that we probably should factor in with the 'LaLande vs the Fleuries' rate of progression, even begrudgingly, is that LaLande already has its B&B rooms established . As much as I am not a huge fan of the decor and style in many of the rooms at Lalande, they are guest ready and habitable (well, during warmer months anyway). So, there is no mad dash for Stephanie & coowners to renovate like the Fleuries.

Of course, as we all keep saying, what Lalande needs is desperate improvement and one would think the owner(s) would want to get on with it sooner rather than later. You know, when I sit and think of those two very passive male coowners not demanding more time be dedicated to actual project completions ,but then they don't actually live there either , what a screwy situation. I hope part of Nick's argument with SJ included him telling her to quit the manic travels and focus on the renovations. And off to S Africa she goes ...
The Fleuries already have at least 4 B&B rooms that they rent out. They are beautiful rooms with beautiful bathrooms. They also have working heat. I would 100% rather stay at their lovely chateau than Stephanie’s gross and tacky LL. While Philip and Anna do a bit of YouTube begging through Patreon, they actually work on the projects as promised in a timely manner. They’ve only lived there 2 years and while not fully completed, the difference is night and day.

LL is owned by rich, entitled, idiots. They are so ridiculous that we Tattlers, from around the world, have found each other here to discuss their constant lying, grifting and stupidity. They suck.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
This lady needs urgent help

View attachment 983465
Okay, let me speak directly to SJ about this here, since I know she's reading: whenever you receive this "gift", you are to send it back to the sender OR pay back the ones who donated for it, preferably double. This is getting out of hand and you KNOW you are the one to blame. You can not (i repeat CAN NOT) with a straight face open this gift on camera, pretend to be surprised and just say 'Thank you, I can't believe how generous you all are.' We are all watching and we all know what happened here. Be warned. Be very very warned!

I am surprised she did it as she is so lazy.
She didn't. Nutty did.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

john eccles

A question for the Tattle academics: I used to go to the university to meet my girlfriend for lunch, (she was doing her PHD), whilst I waited for her to appear, I regularly took a book with me and would sit and read it. Now, would the Fanny's of this world say I was entitled to boast that I went to university where I read literature?

• Haha
  • Heart

Elba2008

Hi, I'm a longtime lurker, but didn't post yet. One day I will tell you why I was so fed up with SJ that I came here.
But for now I just wanted to show you this You Tube video that came up in my recommendations on YT from an ex-patreon ranting about SJ. It's inbetween the other ranting. She had just gotten a Thank You card by SJ though she had cancelled her patreon membership months ago.

• Heart
  • Wow

john eccles

I was unaware of PJ's dramatic entry into the farmhouse vlogs until yesterday, but now that I have learned this titbit, it only strengthens my beliefs that this guy is one nasty piece of shit. It is obvious that he researched Fanny and company long before his arrival. Once he started the snorting and unending talking over people I quickly ceased watching the vlogs. But what I find very sinister about him, is that he now appears to be picking off anyone in close proximity to Fanny. I will repeat what I have said in previous threads, but this situation will not end well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

Espe

VIP Member
It was very amusing when Curtis wanted to know why the plate he had given SJ for her birthday, was no longer displayed on the kitchen shelves where it used to be. SJ had no idea where it was and was clearly embarrassed that it was no longer on show. She then found it in the cupboard. This was surely a foretaste of what is likely to happen hundreds of times when patrons descend for the open days. The gift givers will all be eagle-eyed, roaming the chateau looking for all the gifts they lovingly bought, wrapped and posted at great expense. If that doesn't convince them that SJ has lost the stuff, forgotten about it, or taken it to the nearest brocante, they must be blind. SJ has demonstrated so often that she doesn't remember things that were sent (at least, she only remembers the really good stuff like Tiffany silver). She so often says what she intends to do with something and then it never appears again. As demonstrated in the recent gift grab, she doesn't even know if some things are still being framed or not. She has been given so much that it's impossible for her to remember what she's got and where it is and, in any case, she's not interested in the vast majority of stuff. The givers are blind and deaf but I am looking forward to them hunting for their stuff; that will be worth watching!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Rory

VIP Member
In one of my first posts I commented on my frustration that when Potty and Nic or her army of friends arrived in the past there were no working bees. Eg Having a group of people work on a room (painting) or clear out the stables or do some gardening. The men do nothing.
I am also puzzled as to why SJ is spending so much money on wallpaper if she has no real intention of living in HMN and she can’t take it with her. She could have chosen cheaper paper or just painted. She could have used plain white subway tiles in the bathrooms (like Anna and Ed). This would have saved her thousands for the Venice fund. Even as a grifter she is quite stupid.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

Jeeves

VIP Member
Fanny doesn't want anyone with professional expertise working for her. She wants people who can do the basics (Dan, Ian, Nati, Davey.) but still to do exactly as she wants, without anyone advising her to the contrary. It's her Shitoo and they do as she wants. The only one who doesn't fall into that category is Amaury but as family has a slightly different platform. She would never want to have a capable business manager, professional gardener or anything other than a jobbing builder as they would raise too many obstacles to her hare- brained schemes.
People with proper credentials and expertise get frustrated with her, like the accountant and the chapel restorer and soon regret the association.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Turrets

Hello everyone.

Yet another lurker who has decided to sign up and say hi. I'm afraid I have no inside gossip to entertain you all with, but I've been watching the Chateauverse since about March/April 2020. I did love it as many of you have said. But when my daughter started saying "You're not watching that bloody 'Mummy Girl' again are you. She's the most annoying person on YouTube!"

From a very early stage I decided she has way too much money to ever be a patron of here. I watch others who have almost no money and are following a dream, but have only a very small amount of patron support. THEY are the ones who we should be helping, not some rich wannabe princess who has stated illusions of being a modern entitled chateaulaine. She's not reading the global room very well atm. If Boris is close to being fired for his parties, well - Stephanie should get some empathy.

Anyway - thanks for all your posts. Been keeping me entertained the past few weeks! Lovely to join the dark (right) side!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Madame No

VIP Member
Congrats to @oooLaLande for a fantastic new title, and I hope you are feeling better! And thank you @MojoDublin for a fresh new thread!

I just finished watching the Fleuries "Before and After" video, and I know it was discussed on the previous thread, but WOW! What they have achieved on a shoestring budget over the past 2 1/2 years is absolutely incredible! Anna and Philipp must not get very much sleep- with renovations, raising children, videoing/editing, the B&B, and regular cleaning and upkeep, I can't begrudge them for having a Patron account nor for their adverts for language software- they don't go on lavish holidays, their wardrobes are quite simple (and Anna often chastises Philipp for wearing his good jeans when working on something filthy), they ask viewers to not send them gifts, they harvest fruit and veg from their garden and eat them, and hire local French tradesmen (Benoit is a gem carpenter, and even the teenage Nathan, who mows the lawn and assists Philipp, is wonderful), and the Fleuries love their local community and its history. Both have amazing parents who go straight to work when they arrive. The girls are ridiculously adorable, and go to local school- they speak multiple languages, and are very polite little people (suspect Anna is strict with them, and Philipp is the "fun parent.") In contrast to CLL, which reaps in a tonne of Euros from Patron and YouTube every month, Fanny is an utter failure. Fanny wakes up at noon, stays in her tatty robe most of the day, one of her minions brings her tea and a croissant at lunchtime, has an Army of unpaid volunteers at her beck and call, yet whines she must spend the day editing videos (after making so many of them, one would think it'd get easier by now.) There is no heat in the Shitoo (which confounds me, as Mummy's apartment has heat, but only very special people are allowed to stay there), but Fanny is all snug under the electric blanket she snatched up. But Fanny will eventually rouse herself from her bed to eat dinner that one of her minions has made and consume copious amounts of alcohol, because, hey, let's live every day in this crumbling abode like it's 1999!
Both Anna and Philipp have had professional careers where I'm sure they learned to discipline themselves and respect deadlines. I was in the garment manufacturing/fashion industry for a long time so I know what Anna had to deal with. The deadlines are serious because they mean the difference between staying in business and going broke, and if you can't cut the mustard, you are out, excuses will not be tolerated. Having children to raise, they can't afford to squander their time, energy or resources. I think if Fanny had actually had to work in the real world, she would be much more disciplined and able to get things done. Her parents obviously spoiled her by allowing her to think of herself as a fairytale princess. What they got was a fairytale ogress.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

MojoDublin

VIP Member
I wonder if he was reluctant to be filmed any further after our trolling his arrogance?
If I may be so bold !!!

Tattle.life is a discussion forum … to talk with like minded ppls of the global community on THEIR opnions on viewing a blog that was produced for the masses on YouTube

At no point are we trolls

We are however Inundated with opinions from flying monkeys 🐒 who’s sole endeavour is to right a perceived injustice

WE are the ones being trolled
Despite their flapping gums saying do

Long live Tattlers
as they don’t rattle
unlike Stephanoligy we have a title

Tattlers
😈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Ugh. It's so horribly disconcerting seeing people send silver to rich bitches who can afford to buy their own silver...And their own heating... And their own chapel restoration... And their own lake restoration...ugh. fucking stupid people...

• Heart
  • Wow

john eccles

Just before I disappear to become a diva in the kitchen, I want to relate what happened to me while out shopping this afternoon. I heard someone call my name, when I turned I saw I---, the lady who owns not one, but two chateaux. We found a little terrace and sat down for a catch up. When we were talking about how cold it must be in their area of the Loire now, I got around to telling her about the Fannys of this world. If Fanny had been listening in, she would have been stunned that this lady had never heard of this clique of grifters. She told me that when they first bought the chateau, her husband (who at times can be an arrogant shit), started to cut down some ancient trees in the grounds. This caused the ire of a local farmer and the two of them had a shouting match. That was 14 years ago and the cold war continues. She said that if you want to get on with your French neighbours you interact with them, otherwise it's suicide. She said that if you cause any friction or scandal in a village setting, that information spreads throughout a widespread area like wildfire. Oh when I told her about Patreon and how these people were abusing it, the look on her face was priceless.

• Haha
  • Heart