Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

frenchessence

Chatty Member
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
Couldn’t have said it better myself. FRK is an embarrassment to herself. Even outsiders can see the help she has been given. She’s barely unpacked before she’s having a whinge and talking about moving on.

What a kick in the teets for everyone in Haworth who have generously given time snd support.

Disgraceful behaviour FRK - when you going to put something IN instead of taking OUT all the time ?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Jeeves

VIP Member
I'd love her to return to the Chateau exactlyas she left it - cold, damp and grubby with decorations still up, dirty underwear where she dropped it and rotting food in the fridge. Welcome Home, Fanny!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Diesel

Just wanted to let you join in on my joy about my repaired downstairs loo!

The water kept flowing and I managed to repair it all on my own without volunteers, Ians, Dutch tango dancers, and above all no patreon money.

I'm truely proud of my achievements!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

Kickintheass

VIP Member
I hope that wallpaper peels off the walls soon. You can see every seam and the entrance to the actual bathroom that with that gloomy paper, it is like leading you down a path to hell.....
I think Dan should bring the kids to lala when he is caretaking and let them use the downstairs loo. Little fingers love to pick at peeling wallpaper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Parrfect Porcelane

I think the scales first started falling from my eyes when I realised how little time she actually spent at the chateau pre lockdown. Her year consisted of monthly trips back to her flat in London, several short breaks in France, and longer overseas holidays.

Her daily life when at the HMN is utterly vacuous. She has a beautiful wood on her doorstep and lovely surrounding countryside but never walks or explores in either. She hasn't joined any local clubs or societies, rarely attends local events, and appears to have only made a handful of local friends in sixteen years.

She has obviously never really cared about building a life at the chateau, and so investing time, energy, or money in renovation or maintenance after the initial works was never going to figure in her thinking.
You're so right!

I started watching in March of 2020 when my son came home for two weeks from college (the 2 weeks became 18 months). When lockdown happened and we found DIO/CD because the thought of living in a chateau in France seemed so idyllic. I was skeptical at first about SJ but she gradually won me over and I became a fan and a $5/month patron. We enjoyed the videos and gossiping about the characters on our daily walks. I credit my son with opening my eyes because he was the first of us to call her out for GAG (wouldn't watch it with me) and the travel and visitors at the HMN during lockdown. His insight made me see the behaviors I was ignoring. I found Tattle after Michael's "Angel stole my designs" vlog and began reading here. The final turnoffs for me were 1) it took 6 months and 2 email exchanges with Nati to get my damned thank you card, 2) the exorbitant number of guests over Christmas 2020, 3) the Come Dine with Me vlogs where it seemed her goal was to portray Marie in a bad light, and 4) the How You Tube Saved MY Chateau vlog. I was furious that someone who has been handed everything in her life could have the audacity to call it HER chateau. Anyway, I realized I had been duped.

She really is a skilled spin artist and I look forward to her hopefully impending downfall.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Victoria Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey and how she got to where she is now. I wonder if she’ll include the grifting and begging. She will answer questions so…if anyone’s at a loose end on 19th May, and lives nearby, that would be an interesting question to put to her.🤔 You would have to pay though!

Marie invites you to Victoria Hall in Shipley on the 19th of May 2022 for an afternoon of inspirational talk and questions.

Marie has long been wanting to share her whole story on how she managed to grow a social media following while living in a magical Chateau in rural France, which now has enabled her to make a full-time living doing what she loves to do. Marie was featured on the popular British Tv-Series Chateau DIY while living at Chateau de la lande together with her friend Stephanie Jarvis and the famous Lalanders.

The talking event starts at 14.00 pm and ends at 17.00 pm. There will be delicious refreshements and a little gift for all ticketholders.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Gibson2

I agree with your statement. I remember in one the vlogs where Snorts mentioned using the chapel as their wedding venue. The look on Fanny's face was priceless. She actually laughed at his suggestion of marriage. He looked very hurt and confused as usual. She has no intention of marrying him, why would she? He has no money or power. She will explain when the time comes, that Snorts left for Argentina to pursue his acting and singing career.
Don't cry for me Philomena! The truth is- I never loved you.
You lived the high life
I made no promise
I'm not your wife
So leave the office...

Don't cry for me Philomena
Your spode was- just never worth it!
We were outed
I shared a moment
It made good TV
But now your my torment

Don't cry for me Philomena
My mother is on the war path
We had a good time
But now it's over
There's a new man
He'll bring some order

• Haha
  • Heart

Arfarf

VIP Member
How are you and your family doing, @Arfarf? Hope you are all beginning to feel a little better.
Me -good. Just can't taste or smell.
My son and I have parted ways. Sad and very worrisome. That story is too sad to relay.
My mom was just admitted to the hospital. Other problems besides covid.
it is a week I would like to forget.

But Tattlers have been even more funny than usual and have given me a lot of laughs today!
So thanks!!!

P.s. Which Tattler was really One Nut?

• Heart
  • Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Hanni thought she would end up in Fannies bed..maybe that didnt happen after all.. 🙄 ;) i also would explain her absence..
Hanni loathes Squirrel CamelToe, I know that much, from the beginning. Whether it is because he has been given access to the pink puke dome SJ calls her bed? Probably, but I guess we'll never know.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

tat life

Newbie here but been lurking awhile... So I too was sucked in to the Love, Life and Laughter showcased so dazzlingly (is that even a word?!?) by SJ and her fans (workaways/volunteers/paid for "friends") at HMN during lock-down. Shamefully I was also a lower tier patron for 6 months.
I recently commented on one of SJs patron videos about her lack of spending on fixing or installing new heating and got slapped down immediately by another patron, which set the alarm bells ringing for me. There are some truly nasty grannies there.
The last straw, was when I finally received my much promised patron postcard in December 2021 from SJ (...sorry Nutty) which was addressed to "LORD <insert name here>" and I AM A LADY!!! I cancelled my patronage in Dec 2021 and then stumbled across your insightful and hilarious TCD threads. I've read through the WIKI info and I am so glad to have found you all!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

Fennelbug

VIP Member
Nobody asked but Too Many Maries - and this means Floral Marie. I was quite critical of her a while back. Then she moved to Haworth, was getting some premises, was going to sell her flowers, concentrate (as most florists do) on weddings, special occasions, corporate etc I felt I had misjudged her. Then I arrive here today to hear that she is back to her old tricks on Insta "I had to do what I don't want to do! Youtube! Makes wreaths for the ordinary folk up North who might want to brighten their doors with a bit of festive cheer! She does not want to interview successful people, serve customers, use flowers she does not like....but she wants patrons to pay her to have a studio so that she can arrange and photograph her flowers - and then not even sell them...Well, in our dreams we would all like to be paid to do exactly what we want when we want, but Marie, your level of entitlement is astounding. I wonder you have a single patron.
A visible shift happened with Marie and also with Selmar soon after Philip appeared on the scene. In retrospect, one could surmise they each, within their different roles at the chateau, felt that this useless and lazy newcomer was rewarded financially and elevated unfairly for contributing not much more than being a weird, joyless companion. I can imagine what a slap in the face that was. Morale sapping for sure. And now it seems that the co owners are unable to ‘uncircle the drain’ as they have stepped in too late.

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I can also pull up thousands of comments that aren't like this one. I find it really interesting that she has so many that hate her and so many that love her. She has gained 181 patrons since her fall on the 2nd - 5 freakin' days. I'm still waiting for the fall but wondering how long it is going to be.
We all are and it's frustrating that it's taking so long while her faults and schemes are so obvious to all of us. I comfort myself often with the knowledge that what went up must come down again and I do feel she's nearing a breaking point. She already has so much more than she needs and/or can handle and with every patron she gains it will become more obvious that this woman does not need any more financial support. She's sure is in dire need of mental support and that is the other bright spot on our horizon: her mental lability will eventually cause a huge fall out with everything she holds dear. It's not just going to be a short visit to the hospital next time, she knows this yet can't help herself. There's others that should, but as they think they are benefitting from her shenanigans, nobody even tries anymore.

• Sad

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
@frenchessence. You asked about Ian’s wife and how she must hear a lot of what goes on at the Shitoo. I think I’ve said before on here that I used to work with her and she is a truly lovely person. I imagine she has as little to do with Fanny as possible - but I can’t see her wanting to gossip about any of them. Not like us 🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart

Gibson2

She was able to buy some "friends".....only they all had the same name, Patreon!
But then she found her FAVORITE. It was the Parrrfect friend!!! Young, stupid, and quite homely....
And low and behold.....
It only had ONE NUT....so....
Her new friend
You little beauty 💕💕💕

And ….

Initially after getting to grips with her phone ☎ traction on YouTube wasent great - her friends were getting antsy about the constant blogging . Then reading 📖 hello she saw there was to be a new show on TV on a little known channel in the UK 🇬🇧. British owners of chateau s and surving in France 🇫🇷.

She applied straight away - She was an parrrfect candidate.
Ditzy enough to appear funny and was blessed with the ability to waffle bullshit ….. after 40 was still alone - this could be her ticket 🎫 to tinder

With the right amount of PR - she might be considered a catch !!

Until………😈
Until...

Several suitors appeared at the Chateau. Some were rich, some were just eager!
Hiding in the wings,mother kept a beady eye on proceedings.
What was the point of having a daughter? let's face it she didn't want one in the first place. She gave in one day and produced a Princess, never to be repeated again! Now she had to think.
Her older years weren't getting any easier- yes, there was the SA bolthole, a few other properties which brought in income, but these had to be maintained.
She watched in despair as her daughter was going through suitors like a French dog on a Chicken coop.
Nope, Isabelle, had to look out for herself, she couldn't rely on Stephanie (the ungrateful) to look out for her.
Turning on the charm, she bewitched the viewers on Stephs YouTube, she played her part to perfection and had even managed to snaffle her own wealthy suitor. Now don't get me wrong Reader's, Mother had her own money, what was hers after all was hers. She could see Stephanie, pissing it all down the unfinished loo, and she needed to move on. Before she did, she made sure her income was secured(after all she was also a star) her apartment was sorted with only the best Italian Marble, the best appliances. Yes, she thought, there would be one corner of this Godforsaken place that was warm.
She had long suspected Philip. She could see how desperate her daughter had become. No profit in this one she thought. I'll leave her to her own devices. The only consolation was that it wasn't Dulmar. She shuddered at the thought of old age in a camper van. Looking on Tattle she planted a few Easter eggs, just to keep up the momentum. Maybe her daughter would eventually take notice. Packed her bags and flew to warmer climes.
She's your problem now. She sent emails to Potts and Baghead and smiled to herself.

And then...

• Haha
  • Heart

MsPitstop

VIP Member
I'm just watching Ryan's latest YT about buying/renovating houses, which I find interesting and he's doing his research now on how to make them profitable, rather than a fantasy property! He's also a lot calmer in these videos.

Then I just remembered when he visited Lalaland and was flirting with Stef, even Boy Meth-rick called him out. Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, you missed an opportunity there mate, cos you could have been SJ's latest plaything, instead of Sir Snorts!

Before you all come for me, who would you prefer, Sir Snorts or Ryan? At least Ryan can film and edit, he can be funny, he speaks fluent French, he'd be helpful around the Shitshow, and not just able to lay tables, badly. And talking of laying, I think he'd be better in that area too! Wink, wink!

Then again, it's not too late. Once his teeth are fixed he should head to Lalaland! I'm sure Dan and Amoury need an extra set of hands to move all of Sir Snort's grandparent's crap into the van. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

oooLaLande

VIP Member
Really... what a joke! :rolleyes:

I hereby announce that I am officially done having hope for this bimbo!
My suggestion for her is to work on her body (workout, diet, whatever) and her face (braces, invisalign etc.) and then go and find herself a nice 70 YO sugar daddy! She gets to play around in the garden, making weird looking bouquets, cook him beige mushy easy to chew food, and do some other stuff too... Voila! happiness achieved!

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
New thread 🧵 name suggestion:
-“When she dresses up, she looks like a hooker”
Not just when she dresses up. When she looks into her heart of hearts, all she can admit to is that she IS that hooker. She has literally sold out all she has ever had going for her, for some toile de jouy and ugly china.

Do you think either of them but especially Nick, would ask her to buy him out?
Nope. Potty is still head over heals and will never give up his chance to stay connected to whatever she is plotting. He loves the intrige and will fuel all wildfires she is causing with the most most flammable fuel Larkin knows he will never be her true hero, but has settled for being her conscience. Even though she usually ignores his advise and paints him to be this nerdy fool, lovable but not worthy enough to ever truly validate. SJ used to have her mind set on ending up with him when she gets really old, not him as a lover, but as her provider. Now that she has something to spend herself, there's no real future for their relationship anymore, but hey, a guy can dream, right? And I am sure SJ thinks this guy should. At least in his eyes she will always be the stars AND the moon.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

KiKiGee

VIP Member
The reason it took so long to compile the year in review video is they had to search long and hard to find a snippet of footage showing SJ doing any actual work - and they couldn’t!
Why did they leave this out of their montage???🤭

SJ tile clean.jpg

hoe.png
hose and hoe.png
SJ tile.jpeg
SJ tiles.png

I am responsible for Phyllis. Yes- I swore, long ago that I heard SSB call him that and have looked. And looked. And (sorry to start a sentence with and) looked to find THAT vlog! Well, I haven’t found it and doubt I will. I HAVE found that many of the older vlogs (just post BBJ) have been edited again.
There was a gift grab that became uncomfortable for BJJ...

SJ who's phyllis.png

Same gift grab that she is whispering to Gerry...

SJ wispers to Gerry.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Delizia

VIP Member
I was so shocked when I read on her story the car was gifted after she had been showing how she "manifested" her car in her diary only a few months prior. When she went to the UK to get the car, I thought it was a lot of expenses, as she seemed to go to the UK just for that car, then came back to France, and then two months after that she was going back to the UK. I though it was ridiculous to blow you money like that and not arranged for buying a car when she'd be going back to England long term... Then she revealed the car was free... it made sense...

I don't know anyone really broke, who would have done that many unecessary travels back and forth to and from the UK, instead of saving up money and getting the car when going to the UK to settle indefinitely. She doesn't seem to have a real plan. Her plan is to go where her followers and contacts can support her.

Also, the fact that her friends in Haworth bought her tickets to go to Norway is real sweet. They really want to see her succeed and were willing to pay for her to have a little mental break with her family. But the fact that the help did not come from her family themselves, to me really showed that they probably know if she wanted to have the budget for holidays she might have worked for it XD.

I think Marie can be a hard worker, but she's got a dream that she wants right now and in the meantime lives in negativity because the life she's living right now is not up to her standards, when really it's something amazing to be able to sell wreaths over christmas and have such a supporting community! I would feel so motivated! I know I was when I was freelancing and having supporting clients that reassured me that my work was good.

Why am I surprised though? When I think about it, her whole situation is weird from the beginning. Her plan is wonky wonky. If I was her I would hve probably worked at someone else's buisness in flowers, assisting a flower stylist or whatever, while working on my social media and youtube on the side. Which would secure me a salary to pay me rent and also some extra money that I could use to develop my own buisness. What is she on? What world does she live in????

Oh and also, another telling detail about Marie's arrogance : when she put up the lights in that corridor to the doomed cave she calls her studio (maybe free of rent also ????), without asking anyone permission. Then complained on her story that she'd been asked to take them down, lol. Who does she think she is. We're not talking about putting flowers on the wall, but lights! Electric lights! on someone's property...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha