Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
is it just me wondering about the notable absence of the two Ians and Matt or is there some explanation?
Work on Nutty's apartment and her brother from another mother's den has halted because they are waiting for permission from the planning commission. Ian was already finished in the shower room upstairs, SJ needs to paint and wallpaper there, so that will probably take another couple of months. Not much for him to do in the meantime. Ian the plasterer will never return as he was too fed up with being filmed without giving permission for it and could not stand her and her manic behavior.

Reactions: 41

ggyahoo

I think the scales first started falling from my eyes when I realised how little time she actually spent at the chateau pre lockdown. Her year consisted of monthly trips back to her flat in London, several short breaks in France, and longer overseas holidays.

Her daily life when at the HMN is utterly vacuous. She has a beautiful wood on her doorstep and lovely surrounding countryside but never walks or explores in either. She hasn't joined any local clubs or societies, rarely attends local events, and appears to have only made a handful of local friends in sixteen years.

She has obviously never really cared about building a life at the chateau, and so investing time, energy, or money in renovation or maintenance after the initial works was never going to figure in her thinking.

• Heart
  • Sad

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Maybe he was trying to get Fanny to buy him out and that was their recent argument?
No, he does not want that at all. I'm sure he's hoping things will calm down a bit eventually as he hates for his current family to be in the eye of the storm every time they visit, but he will not give up his share in the HMN. The argument was about Squirrel Camelpants and something he had did or did not. Not sure yet, but am on it and will report if new info surfaces.

• Heart

The Cheshire Cat

I'm not surprised that SJ is taking Cameltoe with her to SA. I wouldn't trust Squirrel NoNuts as far as I could throw him. Imagine leaving him alone in your home. He'd be rifling through all your personal papers and belongings and helping himself to whatever he fancied. Ugh! No thank you!

• Heart
  • Wow

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Does Fortnum & Mason make an ass salve?
I wish I could say what I sent but it would defnitely out me to the Pethericks.
I can't understand this either. It would have been my first priority before opening for the last tourist season. As to Dan, maybe he's happy to get more and more air time and constantly puts himself forward. He seems to lap it up as much as SJ.
PREDICTION - there will be NO upgrades to the heating system in 2022 (likely even 2023)
- They still need to get quotes & then study the quotes (this is alot for SJ's little damsel in distress brain to understand)
- Any upgrades or expansion to the existing geothermal heating system will involve digging and construction
- Even if the geothermal work is ready to be done by summer 2022, they'll use the excuse not to do it because it may distrub the B&B guests
- So work can't begin until November 2022 & they have a small window in November before Christmas and they bugger off again in January 2023
- They'll also need a new, larger boiler system and that can't be installed until the geothermal work is done
- New pipes may need to be installed to handle the larger load on the heating system
- The 40+ new radiators can't be done until the geothermal work is complete, new boiler system is installed, and the pipe work is finished
- SJ wil want to redesign some part of the shitoo and that will hold up installation .......and so on and so on. and so on ........
- SJ won't contract & pay proper heating technicians to do much of the work - instead Dan, Amuary, Ian etc. will be told to do most of the work inbetween any of they other jobs

The downstairs loo was 18 months (and counting) and heating is a much larger, more expensive propostion, It's construction and SJ only likes decoration. If the heating was fixed, then SJ would have no excuse to swan off to warm climates during the winter & would have to stay home in January/February.

So dear tartlets, heating will be just like the Chapel & every other project at the shittoo ......lots of excuses, delays, parts shortages, etc., etc., etc..... another unfinished project in a long list of many.

• Heart
  • Wow

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Really?! They could immortalise themselves with a can of spray paint whilst the Shittoo inhabitants are away. Save some money.
Or a bit of etch a sketch on the brickwork. Hack a piece of the crumbling render off (well maybe not as that would be doing her a favour)
A brick a day stops the Patrons pay!
That b**ch, her toyboy and her brother from another mother are all sitting in business class seats, drinking champagne and laughing all the way to SA at their foolish patrons and counting the money roll in. 😡

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 40

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
I felt the same way when I stumbled upon her channel (it was the beginning of COVID, and the early videos were kind of fun to watch.) I enjoyed her dynamic with Mummy-Dearest (and IJ wasn't really portrayed in a bad light- she just seemed the "adult" who was trying to keep things going.) Fanny looked much younger then- she was actually getting out of bed early to cook for the B&B guests, and just seemed like someone who loved her crumbling abode and was doing the best to keep it afloat. (The B&B was paying the bills.) As a DIYer, I wanted to see how she could tackle the behemoth task of owning such a property, and what she was doing to improve it on a budget. But then, Patron and YT Adsense kicked in, and suddenly there was plethora of volunteers and then the Cadeaux- it seemed as if overnight, it went from, "I don't know how I'll pay for the electric this month" to people sending her lavish gifts of Fortnum & Mason hampers, Diptyque candles, bottles of Hendricks gin, Spode dinner services and 100 Stars robes. It went straight to Fanny's head.
Okay I'm going to blame Brenda for starting this gift :poop:. She sent so much stuff in the early days was really over the top. Do we put Brenda in the lonely box, that then turned crazy and controlling or was she crazy first?
I think Brenda's gifts gave others the idea of sending things and Fanny lapped it up like a greedy wee pig. I think I would be to ashamed to open gifts on camera from strangers, but not our Fanny.
Do you think the commercial gifts were brokered deals by Fanny (100 Star robes, special gins etc) or just sent by the companies in the hope of free ads?

• Heart

T Rex

VIP Member
Nobody asked but Too Many Maries - and this means Floral Marie. I was quite critical of her a while back. Then she moved to Haworth, was getting some premises, was going to sell her flowers, concentrate (as most florists do) on weddings, special occasions, corporate etc I felt I had misjudged her. Then I arrive here today to hear that she is back to her old tricks on Insta "I had to do what I don't want to do! Youtube! Makes wreaths for the ordinary folk up North who might want to brighten their doors with a bit of festive cheer! She does not want to interview successful people, serve customers, use flowers she does not like....but she wants patrons to pay her to have a studio so that she can arrange and photograph her flowers - and then not even sell them...Well, in our dreams we would all like to be paid to do exactly what we want when we want, but Marie, your level of entitlement is astounding. I wonder you have a single patron.
I was initially critical of her as well (she went from being a bubbly, happy person with her "wellness" clinics at CLL to an angry dour-faced chit.) But then she eventually stumbled upon Nikki (who has been amazing supportive of her- giving her the tough love she needs- I think we would all like to adopt Nikki as a second mum.) She seemed initially happy in Haworth (it is a idyllic, quaint little town where not much is happening, and local business owners thrive on tourism and seem to be in support of one another), but I do agree, despite everything Jill and Nikki have done to help her out, she just doesn't seem very happy there (and, sadly, as much I initially cheered on her good fortune of having such amazing people around her who WANT to see her succeed, she seems quite ungrateful- they were the ONLY people in her YouTube-iverse who took a chance on her and tried to help her achieve her dream. Heck, they even paid her way to go home to Norway for the holidays.) Marie, you're not a special unicorn- you need to EARN your way in life. Success is driven by one's own sacrifices, not based on the handouts of others.

• Heart

Arfarf

VIP Member
How foolish do people think Snorty-Cameltoe-Hedgehogs-Abounds is? Why would he voluntarily travel to the firing squad that is IJ? Or…did Fanny purposely pump up his enthusiasm for going to SA so IJ could do her dirty work for her ? (tear him apart, fling him away) Is he stupid…naive…cunningly planning how to flip the narrative? Does he think he stands a chance against two first-class grifters like the mother-daughter duo? Many soap operas had a less interesting story arc than this one…
He thinks and maybe rightfully so that the geriatric population is his "specialty". That he had his own grandparents wrapped around his little finger and so his plan is to be so, so very agreeable to IJ and demented Percy that they will fall for his shit just like SJ did.
I think IJ is hilarious especially when she is showing her true colors and calling SJ out on her immature idiocy!!!
I sure hope she stays sharp and critical when it comes to camel toe boy.
If IJ is SJ's secret weapon to rid us all of that obnoxious, bland piece of milk toast, I will be forever grateful!!!!
Stay strong and mean, IJ!!!! May our force be with you!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
All claws on deck in the comments from CD's latest update flog...😂

SJ and BJJ are sooo tired from all the work. They need a month in SA to rest.
The Chateau Diaries
22 hours ago
Yes, we filmed it on the first, but it took way longer than I was expecting to find all of the old footage to illustrate the projects that I was talking about. This video took days to edit!

Great point Ugly...
Ugly Watchtower
19 hours ago
What ...she is hiding the poor and the RICH are on display.. Why ..This is not good..
Ugly Watchtower
1 day ago (edited)
Thats, very unfair ..putting the less money people given to YOU hidden behind And the rich on display. I think you need to rethink as you make 2 tear rich and poor...

caroline gooder seems to have all of the answers regarding Potty.🤔
caroline gooder
21 hours ago
Thank you for the days of editing it took to find and put together all the old footage for this treat of a Vlog.
caroline gooder
1 day ago
It is on the list. They have the new bathroom. Stephanie doesn't have her suite finished yet and Michael Potts has only a small Bed Sit and bathroom.

reply to a question about a labyrinth...
caroline gooder
1 day ago
Mr. Potts wants one

Isabelle has been busy...
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Thank you , you too are contributing by watching, liking and subscribing.
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Best wishes for better health!

ellen gillies
1 day ago
@Isabelle Jarvis Thankyou isabelle. Hope your recovering well from you scare of covid. Xx
No follow-up reply from IJ.

Isabelle Jarvis

1 day ago
You are still part of it by watching, liking and subscribing so thank you so much! I hope this New Year will bring you happiness!
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Thank you for your suggestion.
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Est wishes for better health. Thank you for watching, liking.and subscribing. That is also helping without being a patron!
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Thank you for helping by watching, liking and subscribing!

Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Espérons que les experts qu’elle peut employer lui allégeront la tâche!
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Gratias
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
I often think that myself!

Set-up for an overdue tax bill???🤔
Toguy
1 day ago (edited)
Technically aren't you a third part owner as 2 more people are owners as well?

Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
Absolutely

Animal questions???
Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
They are fed and well

It is never too late to send money.
GoofyTALL
1 day ago
Is it too late to become an Engraved Patron??

Isabelle Jarvis
1 day ago
No

Percy and Caroline jump in.
Percy Attfield
1 day ago
The project is so extensive that each achievement like the cleaning of the moat as an example disappears and is forgotten in the overall view of what must still be done. The many achievements and progress should be remembered and celebrated more often by all of us
caroline gooder
21 hours ago
Like the pigeon stairwell. One of my favorites

Then it is Woodpecker's turn...
Curtis Ryan Woodside
1 day ago

Keep going Stephanie! <3 Love all the work, and the idea of putting the names there is so great. Let re-create that image when the room is looking gorgeous again!

The Chateau Diaries
22 hours ago
I can’t wait Curtis! Ah in the meantime - Egypt!

Charlotte Dickens ask and Beaudile gets in on the action...
Charlotte Dickens
1 day ago
I'm sure there must be another way of raising money for charity without the need for people to send gifts which are not needed. How many people have sent beautiful face masks and yet they continue to wear the standard blue paper ones. Stephanie is a wealthy woman. These gifts are for viewers own self gratification by having their names mentioned on screen. On a more positive note the delivery of the vlog was in keeping with her early vlogs, she was more in control of her narrative and behaviour and Philip wasn't constantly talking over her and interrupting.
The Chateau Diaries
22 hours ago
We are not allowed to wear cloth masks in France.

Beaudile
23 hours ago
Lol. Nobody's forced to send anything. Jealous, maybe?
Charlotte Dickens
17 hours ago
@The Chateau Diaries Thanks for providing that info... however when seeking verification it is advice not a rule.. masks are compulsory in all indoor public spaces in France as well as on the streets in around 400 towns and cities but the government guidance says only that a mask fully covering the nose and mouth must be worn. People caught wearing masks incorrectly face fines of 135 euro fine. That said I will concede to your local knowledge and rulings of your particular area.. It may be useful to advise people of this ruling to stop any more masks arriving.
Charlotte Dickens
17 hours ago
@Beaudile I didn't imply anyone was forced to do anything against their will. I merely stated that there may be alternative methods of raising money for charity. I do not understand why people like yourself immediately launch into attack mode when someone expresses an opinion that differs from your own. Having seen some of the gifts that are donated, why on earth would anyone be jealous?

Beaudile again...
nevets7152
1 day ago
All you people have made her very rich congratulations.
Beaudile
1 day ago
You just have to do the same : buy your own French château, start your YouTube channel, produce hours and hours of content and start a Patreon account, why don’t you? Anybody can do it. (Jealousy is a very ugly state of mind, by the way.)

smolpuppyo'love is BJJ...🤪
smolpuppyo'love
1 day ago (edited)
You are the most gracious lady I have seen, you seem rare to anger, and brave in the face of adversity. I recognise in you a need to do the right thing, and I have absolutely no doubt that you always will. As for any critical opinions, I can only say that they can only see through their own particular filter, ascribing blame where there is none, or making up a story in their imagination instead of actually watching your videos and listening to learn the truth. Don't let the haters dictate. You are someone who I admire, I don't say that often...or ever.. really... it's usually reserved for people like Nelson Mandela... I see in you an incredible creative energy to nurture and grow the arts whilst restoring a beautiful piece of history. In doing so, you are making history with La Lande!💖 Don't ever change yourself! A living inspiration, bright flame lighting up a pathway to joy!
The Chateau Diaries
22 hours ago
❤❤❤
I love how Charlotte kept her calm when answering the Chatelaine's (short) answer about the masks in France.

Charlotte is right : it is only a government recommendation to prefer the surgical masks to the cloth masks. And yes : they could tell their viewers so that, they would stop sending more.

Bravo, Charlotte !

• Heart

KyBourbon

VIP Member
I thought when he was telling us he'd been left in charge, that he and Annalise and the two boys were moving into HMN for the duration, but apparently not. But probably too cold for the little ones.
I think we all see where this is going! 😆 Maybe Dan will vlog his descent into madness…

93912FD0-D3FE-416A-BF58-B730E7E8D99E.gif
F98E6E06-263B-496E-BA1C-D18E3E217E72.gif
5177E565-50C8-4008-A8B1-24639758185B.gif
322A5C06-35A3-4EB9-A65C-5CCC75DB22E3.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Jeeves

VIP Member
Dan's video is up. He says he has been asked to caretake the Chateau, along with a couple of others who will be "popping in and out."
With the catalogue of maintenance disasters of late, it make sense that he is on hand (maybe Kim has been told she is in charge but I imagine that she's as useless as Madam Fanny, @Clara Burnett ?)
I just hope he is being paid accordingly.

• Wow
  • Haha

MojoDublin

VIP Member
💥💥 patron update

Puke my ring up or what ….

She’s lost the friking plot … she believes she’s royalty

If you will just read …..

As an extra thank you, the Dauphins and Dauphines of Lalande will have their names behind a set of the double doors in the grand salon, so that they will be able to see their name when they visit. For the rest of you, we will be photographing the name plates behind the panelling before they’re fixed into place, so you’ll all be able to download a photo of your names at Lalande.

The friggin Dauphines will be visiting to see their names …. Why is the 2320 euros they paid - part payment for air fare or B&B

The REST of the Muppet show can view a picture of their name …WTF

Seriously 😳 just get the link for the tax authorities in France…. They might be interested 😈

• Haha
  • Wow

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
Blech! I just had a read of the comments in yesterday's CD vlog. Those people are really out to lunch! So many of them are in tears knowing their names will be on the back of the paneling. FFS! Don't they know she's just going to staple a printout of the names to the back of a panel and call it a day?

• Haha
  • Heart

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Nicolas Fairslax made me get off my ass today and finally take Christmas down. I was amusing hubby by whispering things like, "I like to carefully wrap my baubles in tissue before placing them delicately away for a long winter's nap."

• Haha
  • Heart

chillijam

The fleuries update was interesting, they have achieved a LOT. Really throws shade at Fanny who might have been around for the two years when her father got things done (doubt she had much to do with it) but has done little in the subsequent 15 years. Apart from cover every wall in clashing busy wallpapers, fabrics, overdressed windows, hideous fusty furniture, just too much.
The fleuries style is so clean and light in contrast, so refreshing. I know some people find it a bit bland but for sure I'd prefer any of their rooms to the headache inducing mess and clutter of lalande.
And comparing their downstairs bathrooms, guest loos or whatever, Anna's brilliant mural wins hands down 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Good job Fleuries!!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Gibson2

After watching the latest Chateau Diaries last night, I was appalled. I was a patron but stopped late last year. I was the 20.00 tier. I am also a controller for 10 dental offices. I cannot believe the show she put on last night. In Texas here we have a saying. Lipstick on a pig and that was the entire show.

1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.

2. The pergola should of been done ages ago, like here in Texas we do them in a weekend, and its cheap, used her own wood and Dan and Amaury is doing the work.

3. The Moat, she barely spent $1000 on labor if she spent that much to clear the sides.

4. She was gifted a chicken coop, so no money spent there.

5. She spent money on the tree surgeon, here in Texas we have tall pines and its not cheap.

6. Billy spent 4500 on a Rothchild library, that is going to be nice when set up, she spent 25K on paneling that is coming apart

7. She said she set up a carpentry studio, um no she did not, it was his studio over in England and he brought it over to do the Grand Salon

8. Downstairs loo not done, so stop saying it is

9. The pink bathroom, please tell me that is done, because either they do one piece a tile a day or something.

10. Why start a renovation on that marquis suite where the expensive wallpaper and not have all the materials before you start the job so you can complete something.

11. Do not get me started on that "Wedgewood" room. The people who sell Wedgewood are sick over it I am sure, who glues things to a wall, seriously?

12. What I find funny we were constantly seeing her in her office she created with the freaking peeling wallpaper and now her desk is back in her bedroom, I am sure it is for one of the shows on the DIY or she got to many complaints about how ugly it was and how much she spent on that goofy chandelier and chair/ottoman combo thing.

Last night was like she was talking to her patrons who apparently she things are stupid and will believe anything coming out of her mouth. She just disgusted me last night. Also why not fix up that room you clean dishes in but the damn dumbest thing she said was about the heating. Lady you get 30K a freaking month and you cannot fix your heater and you want to walk around with water bottles like at idiot because you rather spent 4K on ugly ass wallpaper than keep people warm and take care of the Chateau properly

She needs to get rid of her enormous ego and go back to the way she was in the beginning and at like a normal human being. The whole thing disgusted me.
I had a wonderful laugh. The best thing in the Chateau is Amaury's neat workshop and the makeshift shelves for storage.
Looking forward, I am really going to enjoy the day when they expose the painted beams. So much detritus under the Narnia floor...
They'll be shovelling shit for ages- oh wait, nothing new there.
Her attitude reminds me very much of a cat. Business in the tray and scrape the kitty litter all over it and walk away as of nothing has occurred.
2022, the rewind years!

• Haha
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
Nothing maybe about that, he certainly doesn't speak to her anymore and haven't spoken to her for years and years.
Greg seems to be moving in different circles and I don't imagine he would want his reputation sullied by his scrounging ex-wife and her paediatric lover. He works for his living and I bet his home is clean, heated and paid for! I'd mark that down as a very lucky escape, Greg!

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 17.51.47.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
it is..for sure..but in her case nothing can be done..thats also part of life..we have to deal with...

how come you never had any doubts... i watched a few of her vlogs and i thought...hmn this isnt right..i really want to have some insights why people support her so long..

how come you never had any doubts... i watched a few of her vlogs and i thought...hmn this isnt right..i really want to have some insights why people support her so long..
I posted about this the first day I signed up for this site. It was COVID. I was bored. CD was recommended on my YT feed and I binge watched. Got hooked on everything CD and then the gift grab channel started up. I would see things in the stores and think "Oh, Steph would love that!" I bought a bunch of things and sent them off, only to be opened 8 months AFTER delivery! Bad decision on my part. I was conned but it was my own fault for wanting to believe in a fairytale.

• Sad
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
It seems clear to me that SJ would have selected him, despite his having no useful skills to bring to the chateau. I expect he provided some of his 'Holland's next top model' photos and she liked what she saw. We know her history of hooking up with previous volunteers. Bear in mind there used to be a lot of male volunteers, but since Snorts arrived, there have been none, except maybe the guy that seemed to turn up on his bike, fixed the back door or whatever, then disappeared after a week.
You are very right about that and it finally got her into trouble with the workaway program, that kicked her out for her indecent behavior (and other violations...). Years ago, the only selection criteria she held high was that she needed good looking guys to enlighten up her parties. Only if they turned out not to be to her taste, other shitshow inhabitants were allowed to make a move on them.

• Sick
  • Wow