The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most liked tittle suggestion by @Ginginger

Previous thread:

I think the previous thread was one of the fun ones. Most liked post was my calculation of Sadie's carrots which makes me think that Tartlets 🥧 like carrots more than pie or clotted cream. You're a weird but lovely bunch!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
With 3660 current patrons, PLUS the 5 of the 15 total tattlers here, who were misguided enough to become patrons (🙋‍♀️) (but have long ago, come to our senses), WHO is going to be honoured with the task of inscribing 4,000 names ?? (Jason Dubey has opted for a spot above the abandoned and derelict fireplace just so we can all SEE him !

Thanks @Jikki2! - I hope Mojo is having fun somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Victoria Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey and how she got to where she is now. I wonder if she’ll include the grifting and begging. She will answer questions so…if anyone’s at a loose end on 19th May, and lives nearby, that would be an interesting question to put to her.🤔 You would have to pay though!

Marie invites you to Victoria Hall in Shipley on the 19th of May 2022 for an afternoon of inspirational talk and questions.

Marie has long been wanting to share her whole story on how she managed to grow a social media following while living in a magical Chateau in rural France, which now has enabled her to make a full-time living doing what she loves to do. Marie was featured on the popular British Tv-Series Chateau DIY while living at Chateau de la lande together with her friend Stephanie Jarvis and the famous Lalanders.

The talking event starts at 14.00 pm and ends at 17.00 pm. There will be delicious refreshements and a little gift for all ticketholders.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Shipley Town Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey
Can you think of anything more boring than hearing about her 'journey'! In her dreary voice....

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Oh it’s £30.00 by the way! Inspirational indeed! I’ve edited it now as it’s Victoria Hall.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
With 3660 current patrons, PLUS the 5 of the 15 total tattlers here, who were misguided enough to become patrons (🙋‍♀️) (but have long ago, come to our senses), WHO is going to be honoured with the task of inscribing 4,000 names ?? (Jason Dubey has opted for a spot above the abandoned and derelict fireplace just so we can all SEE him !

Thanks @Jikki2! - I hope Mojo is having fun somewhere.
I’m hoping that I’ll be away from the cement render and subsequent rising damp. I have my eyes on the internal walls looking over the swamp or facing the fireplace, but knowing that I was only a lowly lord/lady of Lalande I’m expected to get wet. I’ll send my regards to top tier Jason in between him waving his hands for attention from SJ.

Thanks @Jikki2 - I’d tweak your nipples with appreciation for the new thread but you’ll have to make do with the digital sentiment. That is unless you’re in London….

• Haha
Reactions: 32
@frenchessence. You asked about Ian’s wife and how she must hear a lot of what goes on at the Shitoo. I think I’ve said before on here that I used to work with her and she is a truly lovely person. I imagine she has as little to do with Fanny as possible - but I can’t see her wanting to gossip about any of them. Not like us 🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
On a very wet and cold day here in Dorset, I decided to a) try and catch up on the threads (thanks for new one @Jikki2) and b ) catch up on CD, ETRF and perversely, the Giftgrabs as is befitting to the new thread title, well done @Ginginger
Anyway, apart from grimacing at the insincerity of the ‘oooooohs, rrrrrrrrrrrs, and ‘I love it’s, I have to admit to Snorting with laughter when Snorts exclaimed this card ‘cute’
Seriously, when has seeing ‘adorable’ little hedgehogs pegged to a string, been classed as ‘cute’

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Marie also had a little poll on her insta which asked how you came to follow her. 95% was from Chateau Diaries. So I guess she’s figuring out it ain’t from her floral content. She really wants to get back to content like before. So I guess she either wants to make table bouquets at a restaurant or go back to Lalande. For which I’m sure she thinks she deserves to be paid $2m a year at least. Poor thing needs to go be a checker at the grocery. She’d make more money.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Having slept on it, and addressing no one in particular, I'd like to establish my Huguenot street cred.
Mine left France in the 17th century after the Edict of Fontainebleu, like the first Cape Town Huguenots. Mine went thence to Scotland, where they became literate, much richer, and way more Calvinist. Protestant ethic, bien sur. Thence to County Antrim, where they became agents of British genocide. Thence to the Carolinas, where they became Presbyterian ministers perjuring themselves in courts of law to preserve slavery, and Confederate gun runners during the War Between the States. (Warn't nuthin' civil about it.)
Despite having their steamboats seized by the Union Army, having lost all their slaves and all their money in 1865, they still have Huguenot night in the incredibly snotty church they founded, in which very ancient hymns assailing the virtue of the Queen of England are still sung annually, in the 21st century, with bloodthirsty Christian gusto.
Mine are literally the meanest white people on the planet.
But I'm sure the Huguenots of Franschhoek were much nicer. Y'all win. :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I saw on her website that she’s appearing at Victoria Hall I think it is to give a talk on her journey and how she got to where she is now. I wonder if she’ll include the grifting and begging. She will answer questions so…if anyone’s at a loose end on 19th May, and lives nearby, that would be an interesting question to put to her.🤔 You would have to pay though!

Marie invites you to Victoria Hall in Shipley on the 19th of May 2022 for an afternoon of inspirational talk and questions.

Marie has long been wanting to share her whole story on how she managed to grow a social media following while living in a magical Chateau in rural France, which now has enabled her to make a full-time living doing what she loves to do. Marie was featured on the popular British Tv-Series Chateau DIY while living at Chateau de la lande together with her friend Stephanie Jarvis and the famous Lalanders.

The talking event starts at 14.00 pm and ends at 17.00 pm. There will be delicious refreshements and a little gift for all ticketholders.
Gift will be small vase of blooms/ but recipients must return the vases upon exit

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
FRK doesn’t have the fortitude or stamina it appears to succeed. Success despite the belief does not happen overnight. Gave her the benefit of the doubt. No more. Nicky and her other supporters must be disappointed in her after all the effort they put into helping to launch her. I believe she has ideas of grandeur about herself so delusional. Needs counseling.

• Wow
  • Sad
'which now has enabled her to make a full-time living'...

Uh, Marie, you haven't even got a part-time living. What a con.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Having slept on it, and addressing no one in particular, I'd like to establish my Huguenot street cred.
Mine left France in the 17th century after the Edict of Fontainebleu, like the first Cape Town Huguenots. Mine went thence to Scotland, where they became literate, much richer, and way more Calvinist. Protestant ethic, bien sur. Thence to County Antrim, where they became agents of British genocide. Thence to the Carolinas, where they became Presbyterian ministers perjuring themselves in courts of law to preserve slavery, and Confederate gun runners during the War Between the States. (Warn't nuthin' civil about it.)
Despite having their steamboats seized by the Union Army, having lost all their slaves and all their money in 1865, they still have Huguenot night in the incredibly snotty church they founded, in which very ancient hymns assailing the virtue of the Queen of England are still sung annually, in the 21st century, with bloodthirsty Christian gusto.
Mine are literally the meanest white people on the planet.
But I'm sure the Huguenots of Franschhoek were much nicer. Y'all win. :)
I have a Huguenot living next door to me in Kent. He seems quite nice - he’s white and by way of Trinidad!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Most liked tittle suggestion by @Ginginger

Previous thread:

I think the previous thread was one of the fun ones. Most liked post was my calculation of Sadie's carrots which makes me think that Tartlets 🥧 like carrots more than pie or clotted cream. You're a weird but lovely bunch!
Thank you Jikki2! Hope that Mojo is okay

• Heart
Reactions: 19
FRK doesn’t have the fortitude or stamina it appears to succeed. Success despite the belief does not happen overnight. Gave her the benefit of the doubt. No more. Nicky and her other supporters must be disappointed in her after all the effort they put into helping to launch her. I believe she has ideas of grandeur about herself so delusional. Needs counseling.
I agree! She should stay in Haworth for at least a year! Many businesses are on their knees with staff shortages, and she could easily get part time employment in the Spring and Summer, and maybe do her floral arrangements in her off time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.