The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just looked up the temp at the Fleuries and it’s around 8 degrees Celsius for the next few days so not too cold for gardening. Lalande is a bit further south so could be a couple of degrees warmer. Could change at any time though so maybe not the best time to plan for outside work?

And don’t forget, it’s probably warmer outside than in at Fanny’s!
South or North doesn't indicate a warmer climate.
Winters in Berry are colder than in Normandie.
It's depends on their geographical situation.
For example, Pyrenees, Massif Central and Alps are in the south in comparison with Normandie or Berry but winters there are much much colder !

I agree. He knows from Uncle Lee's experience about running Gites, he's worked out that in that area he's wanting to buy in, 94% are French who holiday, so market that group not the Brits.

Good point about Cat, as she did stop by at Begmania on the way home.

I think that Ryan wouldn't put up with SJ's narcissism, and would shut down her fantasies (ie wallpaper in the loo) with reality.
I know nobody in France who would even think of holidaying in Mayenne 😅😉

PS : uncle Lee and his parents' gites target a British and/or Anglo-Saxon market only - for fishing.
Check their website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Oh my dear god.. have I read right!! I’ve been catching up (think I just went through 15-20 pages now) and what?? An honour, thank you! I haven’t even read any of the pages of this new thread yet but am working on it.
My biggest take-away from the last flog was that Phyllis resigned himself to bottom deck. Oh, he wasn’t sure about the exact history of that massive planter (that would have sprayed ice/water onto all the food each time one pulled out a vessel from it). Yah right!! “Oh, you want to hear something from little old me😒? But you told me to shhhhhhhh.” He seemed very passive aggressive. Will contempt be the new obvious?!
I am responsible for Phyllis. Yes- I swore, long ago that I heard SSB call him that and have looked. And looked. And (sorry to start a sentence with and) looked to find THAT vlog! Well, I haven’t found it and doubt I will. I HAVE found that many of the older vlogs (just post BBJ) have been edited again.
Thank you all for your insight, expertise and wit. Society is a mess now. I humbly write that you have all written this much more eloquently than myself… take care everyone❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Wasn’t BJJ emailing SJ before he arrived? I thought she approved all volunteers.
It seems clear to me that SJ would have selected him, despite his having no useful skills to bring to the chateau. I expect he provided some of his 'Holland's next top model' photos and she liked what she saw. We know her history of hooking up with previous volunteers. Bear in mind there used to be a lot of male volunteers, but since Snorts arrived, there have been none, except maybe the guy that seemed to turn up on his bike, fixed the back door or whatever, then disappeared after a week.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
It seems clear to me that SJ would have selected him, despite his having no useful skills to bring to the chateau. I expect he provided some of his 'Holland's next top model' photos and she liked what she saw. We know her history of hooking up with previous volunteers. Bear in mind there used to be a lot of male volunteers, but since Snorts arrived, there have been none, except maybe the guy that seemed to turn up on his bike, fixed the back door or whatever, then disappeared after a week.
You are very right about that and it finally got her into trouble with the workaway program, that kicked her out for her indecent behavior (and other violations...). Years ago, the only selection criteria she held high was that she needed good looking guys to enlighten up her parties. Only if they turned out not to be to her taste, other shitshow inhabitants were allowed to make a move on them.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
How foolish do people think Snorty-Cameltoe-Hedgehogs-Abounds is? Why would he voluntarily travel to the firing squad that is IJ? Or…did Fanny purposely pump up his enthusiasm for going to SA so IJ could do her dirty work for her ? (tear him apart, fling him away) Is he stupid…naive…cunningly planning how to flip the narrative? Does he think he stands a chance against two first-class grifters like the mother-daughter duo? Many soap operas had a less interesting story arc than this one…

• Heart
  • Haha
Oh my dear god.. have I read right!! I’ve been catching up (think I just went through 15-20 pages now) and what?? An honour, thank you! I haven’t even read any of the pages of this new thread yet but am working on it.
My biggest take-away from the last flog was that Phyllis resigned himself to bottom deck. Oh, he wasn’t sure about the exact history of that massive planter (that would have sprayed ice/water onto all the food each time one pulled out a vessel from it). Yah right!! “Oh, you want to hear something from little old me😒? But you told me to shhhhhhhh.” He seemed very passive aggressive. Will contempt be the new obvious?!
I am responsible for Phyllis. Yes- I swore, long ago that I heard SSB call him that and have looked. And looked. And (sorry to start a sentence with and) looked to find THAT vlog! Well, I haven’t found it and doubt I will. I HAVE found that many of the older vlogs (just post BBJ) have been edited again.
Thank you all for your insight, expertise and wit. Society is a mess now. I humbly write that you have all written this much more eloquently than myself… take care everyone❤.
I have a memory of Fanny talking about a goddess Phyllis and Philip thinking she was talking about him. Maybe with Cat or Hanni.everyone was laughing except bjj

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have a memory of Fanny talking about a goddess Phyllis and Philip thinking she was talking about him. Maybe with Cat or Hanni.everyone was laughing except bjj
What it must feel like to know that you are the butt of every joke…

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Collaterally, still wondering why it took them 16 years to find the stone mantel in the grotto underneath the terrace.
we all have seen that fireplace...it doesnt fit at all with her paneling..she better went on a hunt to find one that fits in better.. 🙄 again 5 vlogs filled...

• Haha
[
You have brought up some very real and unpleasant qualities about Snorts. He could be the type of psycho that slowly poisons his victims or gets them hooked on drugs so that he can get complete control of everything. His mom could even be in on the scheme. Someone definitely needs to be writing a least one novel based on the comings and goings of the chateau. If I knew how to write a murder mystery, I would. There is so much material here. I need to channel my inner Agatha Christie.
You might not be far off. Snorts might just poison SJ's mind by telling her twisted bits and pieces on chateau people, making her distance herself from people she called friends once.

Didn't snorts say they kept grift show because people would sent them anyway? It might suggest that SJ considered stopping with it, but tripod couldn't get enough stuffed woodland animals and he didnt want to loose his income.

Her earlier video's showed SJ getting up, preparing breakfast, cooking, sing a little with workshop, making a dress, going to the bakery, interacting with volunteers etc. Snorts might just feed her laziness, and SJ is eagerly rolling in it.
A 'harmless' Marie can do all the cooking, she is living rent free. Or Marie should pay a small amount for her studio, she can afford it now'

I understand SJ's laziness. If i wouldn't have a planning, I would literally live in PJ's and robes. If one of ny nearest and dearest would say. Oooh come on, you can do that tomorrow and she/he says that a lot. Im disregarding my jobs/shores and go have fun.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Her go-to strategy for things like this is a short statement: we’re just too different. it has been very painful, but amicable. There might be a moody picture on her instagram account to accompany the message.
Not the least being the huge age difference.

Reactions: 14
Amaury was talking to him and he said he didn't want any help, but later came around to Amaury maybe helping him. Amaury was looking forward to learning by watching and helping him. But I'm sure he wouldn't want Fanny annoying him and getting in the way.
It would be nice for Annemarie to train with this guy. Once the restorer passes away, his knowledge and experience will be gone too.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Thank you. That's exactly what I thought, but at the time I thought he was trying to de-throne the queen, Michael, cos my gaydar was screaming!

BUT, during a bloopers vlg, I saw him flirting with SJ, beside Cat, something like, "do you want to see this later". I was like "hmmmm". Cat's face showed she should never play poker.

But the downfall for Sir Snorts Camelpants is that a; he's not that smart and people around SJ have seen through it; b; he's too young, and has little life experience. If Lalaland was on Survivor, Sir Snorts should have formed an alliance with Marie of dead flowers and his fellow countryman Selmar. It's so simple it's stupid. He would have a majority against Natts, had her torch extinguished, and then that 3 on his side (SJ included) when Nicks and Potts arrived.
i did not see that bloopers vlog which vlog was it?

Reactions: 6
Marie wants to move studios. Finally she realises this humide cave is depressing.
I still don't understand what she wants to do. She says this past month was not easy as she had to do jobs for a living... I was surprised to read that, thinking "wait what?? When did she have time to work a day job since she was already living her dream selling wreaths??? But then, Marie goes on specifying what odd jobs she had to do for a living but was not part of the plan, and is not really what she wants to do: making wreaths and youtube.

So exactly, what the duck is it that she wants to do???? Seems more and more like she wants to connect with her to the point of becoming a patreon, only by looking at her insta pictures! I'm sorry Marie that you feel forced to put together youtube content in order for people like they know you enough to send you money.... Really, she should be over the moon to have the chance to make wreaths and sell 'em... I'm confused as to why she'd see that as her day job, and not her passion job?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
We all are and it's frustrating that it's taking so long while her faults and schemes are so obvious to all of us. I comfort myself often with the knowledge that what went up must come down again and I do feel she's nearing a breaking point. She already has so much more than she needs and/or can handle and with every patron she gains it will become more obvious that this woman does not need any more financial support. She's sure is in dire need of mental support and that is the other bright spot on our horizon: her mental lability will eventually cause a huge fall out with everything she holds dear. It's not just going to be a short visit to the hospital next time, she knows this yet can't help herself. There's others that should, but as they think they are benefitting from her shenanigans, nobody even tries anymore.
Clara, do you know anything about her opera career? I find it strange that there is nothing absolutely nothing (pre LaLande) to be found. No solo, opera performance or show. Usually there are some graduation performances to be found on YouTube if nothing else because proud parents or the school post them. She is not mentioned in any flyers, articles or prospects. She must have had some performances during opera school? Even my kids are in more shows on YouTube. Very strange, since she obviously lines to be center of attention and enjoys performing and being on stage all dressed up. Did she just finish this course and left for good? I imagine there was maybe some kind of breakdown...

• Heart
Marie wants to move studios. Finally she realises this humide cave is depressing.
I still don't understand what she wants to do. She says this past month was not easy as she had to do jobs for a living... I was surprised to read that, thinking "wait what?? When did she have time to work a day job since she was already living her dream selling wreaths??? But then, Marie goes on specifying what odd jobs she had to do for a living but was not part of the plan, and is not really what she wants to do: making wreaths and youtube.

So exactly, what the duck is it that she wants to do???? Seems more and more like she wants to connect with her to the point of becoming a patreon, only by looking at her insta pictures! I'm sorry Marie that you feel forced to put together youtube content in order for people like they know you enough to send you money.... Really, she should be over the moon to have the chance to make wreaths and sell 'em... I'm confused as to why she'd see that as her day job, and not her passion job?
Dear god, Marie pisses me off more than Fanny to be honest, she wants that adoration while she faffs about doing nothing but does not realise she has nothing about her thats saleable - at least Fanny has a personality, regardless of the smoke and mirrors, at least she puts the hours in and provides entertainment! The bottom line is that Marie does not have Fannys background of family wealth and a circle of friends that have for over 20 years all built into her intertwined lifestyle both emotionally and financially, for her to be at the point where she does own an interesting property, is engaging enough for people to watch and pay (even if it to critisise or enjoy the car crash viewing) her strange and lets face it, unusual lifestyle.

Marie is how old? 30? I am sure many of us on here have got kids of a similar age or younger, and I am sure, my 25 year old daughter, wold love someone else to pay for her to do duck all and make pretty pictures on instagram, but to live in her own little rented flat, and pay her bills, and have the odd night out with her friends and SUPPORT HERSELF, she works really bleeping hard in a regular job (nice enough, but working for a well known kitchen manufacturer was probably not her lifes dream) which pays for that - and she is happy, with normal hopes and dreams!
Marie, stop dreaming, get a goddam job, stop sponging off others and support yourself and stop making whiney sad Instagram posts because no one is interested.

• Heart
The reason it took so long to compile the year in review video is they had to search long and hard to find a snippet of footage showing SJ doing any actual work - and they couldn’t!
Why did they leave this out of their montage???🤭

SJ tile clean.jpg

hoe.png
hose and hoe.png
SJ tile.jpeg
SJ tiles.png

There was a gift grab that became uncomfortable for BJJ...

SJ who's phyllis.png

Same gift grab that she is whispering to Gerry...

SJ wispers to Gerry.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
On a happier note... from Le Fleur's instagram account, it seems that they have started working on their kitchen... the old cabinets have gone out and renovation is under way (using actual tradespeople!)

I can't wait to see their progress and result!

Also, here is their latest Patreon video:

Wishing you all a very Happy and healthy New Year for 2022!

2021 was a busy year for us with lots of change and so much to be grateful for. We have had lots of wonderful guests and the vlog and our Patreon community, which started as a result of the pandemic shutting our guesthouse doors, has grown and taken our lives and restoration projects here on a whole new and very exciting path.

We are so inspired to continue renovating our chateau and gardens and creating vlogs this year for you all, to share it with you. We're still adjusting to the new work load and because we have no guests at the moment, we've decided to ask for some help for the first time since March 2020, we are now looking for volunteers to come and help us here.

It's a bit last minute but if you would be interested in helping us in January or February for between 2 weeks to a month, we are looking for enthusiastic, easy going helpers, (we also welcome couples) who don't mind getting stuck in, with mostly work in the garden, clearing, planting and also some occasional cooking. Having some practical gardening and diy experience is a plus. Food and board is free in return for 5 hour days 5 days a week and you will have your own room/bathroom. Please note we are quite rural, there is a village bus but having a bike or your own car is definitely a good idea if you wish to visit the area a bit whilst you're here.

We are asking you guys first before we announce this on the vlog and IG account so please get in touch telling us a bit about yourselves and your experience at:****** If you have previously contacted us about volunteering don't hesitate to re-contact us. We may need more volunteers later in the year, but we haven't made a decision yet so please only get in touch if you are interested in volunteering at this time.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Wishing you all a great week from Normandy,

Love Anna, Philipp, Lily & Ella x
I guess now they know why all those chateaux had so many staff in the past...because its a huge task...and their place isnt really big..i hope all those volunteers will realize its damn cold and wet now..temp around freezingpoint, lots of rain and its al wet and muddy..not much fun at all... We have been working outside too the last few days...just a few hours because we got so wet and cold..it took me hours to get warm again..Lucky our park is well maintained so not much needs to be done..cleaning the outside area is something we do when the weather is warmer and dry..with tractors and things you only make more of a mess in the garden right now..better to wait to next month..when the soil is dryer and the weather is better..

i can understand why they want to do it now...its a good time for planting, although you can do that too the next months..the rooms are empty right now..no b and b guests..

Sometimes people ask me if they can come to volunteer ...i always refuse..i dont want talk behind my back..like...oh they live in the big house and somebody else has to do the work for free...i dont want that..we have a gardener, and for the rest we do the jobs ourselves..when we need people we pay them...we always have a group of young people, and some older housewives.. to help out in Februari with cleaning the place and the park...we pay...thats also a way of supporting the community...and your never short of help...

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.