The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The food at that New Year party looked like tit. Those pancakes, deep fried dough thingies, and salad with bits of fish in, ugh! Not to mention the quail butchery. Squirrel’s Champagne cooler was over the top hideous and really does not fit into the shittoo in any way. The only yummy thing was the smoked salmon which, thankfully was not mucked about with too much! I have never found anything Natty cooks to be in the least bit appetising. I could not live there with what passes for meals in that kitchen, and would get enormously fat living on bread and cheese, and foraging for any green stuff or tomatoes I could find.
...yeah...the heavy ‘food”...🤢

..that new downstairs loo must’ve gotten a major work out...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Billy pays 4500 Euros for a whole library .... Fanny pays that for wallpaper. Don't know why I found that comparison interesting, but there it is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
That ice bucket was extremely ugly and I can't imagine that SJ wanted it on her table. It also seemed odd that something given to a hard-working, possibly low-paid, miner at the end of his career, would end up being used as an ice bucket for an expensive bottle of champagne at a chateau owned by a wealthy hedonist. I wonder if it wasn't really an ice bucket all.
It seems he has brought to the chateau practically everything both he and his grandparents' family owned, he really sees himself there for life! If they can't manage to get to SA or to Venice (and Italy is in a pretty bad state again now with Covid), she will be bored to death if she has to say at LL with just him and one or two others so he may be out sooner rather than later. It was also stupid for Amaury to go to Argentina; they could easily get stuck there. He went to LL to do the panelling and now that may well not get done this year. What a dysfunctional place led by a dysfunctional woman.
i dont think the flowerpot is an icebucket..the Wilhelminamine closed down in 1969...so his great grandfather got it before..no workingclass worker has use of an icebucket back then..or maybe he was a more high ranking worker...but i still think it was a flowerpot..we also have such..those cupperpots were very fashionable in the fifties and sixties here..and even earlier...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Did Maaike not say her mother was a gifted stylist and SJ wanted to pick her brain, in desperate need of revamping? Or was she easily satisfied with the work of dear friend CRW? The mother didn't look like much of a stylist...
:unsure: What does a stylist look like?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@Le Baiseur We can be a hyper-critical lot from Gwen's Christmas gift right down to how he cleans his paint brushes. At this point, I feel he should just keep mum as anything he says -or doesn't say- wouldn't satisfy the masses anyway. Besides, the military courts seem to be satisfied with the outcome.

I agree with you. But what bothers me was when Michael made a remark about the article that came out, and he and Billy both laughed about it. And Billy commented that 80% of the article was wrong. Well, if so, just address it! Or, just say “Hey, I made a mistake and I apologize. I’ve faced the consequences for my actions and now it’s time to move forward.” That’s it..No excuses or sob stories like Michael. Before that, I was actually warming up to Billy. He’s making regular vlogs and actually working on the chateau (I was even impressed with the work he did on the roof).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Heavy accusation without proof.. Desertion strong court martial only using done if deserted during time of conflict. Used to shot but a definate jail time. Really what i heard was he went off with traveller friends he grew up in trailer park along with Ryan and DAn, he forgot the time. And the Queens Guards ont like travellers amongst their ranks. Is that about as truthful as your statement????
Coming in like that (welcome!) does not make you many friends here, I'm afraid. Might not be what you are after, but here we respect each others opinions. Just thought it would be nice for you to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The Pethericks confuse me…what I don’t understand is why they bought this huge chateau and estate and fill it up with stuff, but hardly ever entertain. It doesn’t even look like they ever have paying guests. Just like Michael and all his Spode..why have all of that if you never use it? Maybe the pandemic has had an impact, but that hasn’t stopped SJ from hosting parties. One thing I can say about SJ is she actually uses her china and collections…she doesn’t store them away or just put them on display, never to be touched.
maybe they dont have many friends.. 🙄 and you know...entertaining is very costly..you need to have people in your circle who also entertain...otherwise your always the one who has to make the effort....and i dont even know how many spare bedrooms they have fully decorated for use of the guests..they live in the middle of nowhere..so people need to stay over..

Reactions: 16
Surely there must be a 'no solids in the downstairs loo' rule at the Shitoo ? :rolleyes: :LOL:
I think I just figured out what I could send Fanny as a gift for her new loo. A hand-made, decoupaged plaque that reads:
If you sprinkle
When you tinkle,
Be a sweetie
And wipe the seatie!

I had a neighborhood friend when I was a kid whose crafty mother had one in their powder room. Even at 12 years old, I knew it was camp!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That paneling looks a lot nicer than Fannies.. when i look at it..how are they gonna fit it all together..there is no plan included..I guess thats always the case..they rip it out..without photos or maps nor markings on it..it would make more of a profit if they did..now its just a big puzzle.. they dont even know where to put it..omg...i wonder how long that stuff will be stored there..22 m2 isnt that much per wall...its just 5.50m bij 4..i think the walls allready are 4 m high..i wish them succes..or the one they hire in..5000 euros isnt expensive..but the costs to put it back together...

Reactions: 14
How many stylist do you know ?
none, but I expect them to practice what they preach... and I was flabbergasted to hear this lady is a stylist. Because she is only an extra in the ongoing CD soap, I will refrain from adjectives.

Reactions: 7
That paneling looks a lot nicer than Fannies.. when i look at it..how are they gonna fit it all together..there is no plan included..I guess thats always the case..they rip it out..without photos or maps nor markings on it..it would make more of a profit if they did..now its just a big puzzle.. they dont even know where to put it..omg...i wonder how long that stuff will be stored there..22 m2 isnt that much per wall...its just 5.50m bij 4..i think the walls allready are 4 m high..i wish them succes..or the one they hire in..5000 euros isnt expensive..but the costs to put it back together...
I wonder what SJ paid for her monstrosity🤔

Reactions: 4
Eileen Fisher makes lovely separates. It's just that the company would not allow you to break up the pieces at all. The mannequins had to have the EF pants with the EF top with the EF cardigan accessorized with the EF scarf and belt. The only creativity was choosing shoes and handbags to go with the display, and even then they had a list of 'acceptable' vendors to use. As a stylist, it was quite boring because everything matched so there was no creativity involved.
That would drive me nuts! I live for their pants, but I don't like being head to toe anyone! I can imagine it being utterly boring, especially as the pieces are such simple basics.

Reactions: 5
Having Maaike at the shitoo is odd, but having her mother there is downright strange..
I think we here forget that the general population or those who don't see the grifter side of things, still see Laland as a fairytale castle tucked away in the rural France ...a place many would love not only visiting,but staying in for awhile...Maaike's mom showing up stay is not thaaat surprising . Especially if it's to watch after the place while they are in South Africa. Seems anyone SP could trust to do that are gone themselves.

Reactions: 11
none, but I expect them to practice what they preach... and I was flabbergasted to hear this lady is a stylist. Because she is only an extra in the ongoing CD soap, I will refrain from adjectives.
You obviously don't know any stylist then as "stylist" is a general term for many different types of stylist including costume designers at times. Trust me, they come in all shapes, sizes, ages and choices of looks for themselves. They do not have a cookie cutter look in the least. The most talented stylists I have worked with do not walk around looking like they are runway models wearing the latest most expensive fad 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wouldn’t it be totally crazy if Maaike and Flip are a couple and they are actually just doing the „Steffi & Flip in Love“ scripted reality for the camera?

Or they sold Flip to Steffi for a lot of money and him gaining some fame? And now they come for a short visit checking how he’s holding up.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
@Le Baiseur We can be a hyper-critical lot from Gwen's Christmas gift right down to how he cleans his paint brushes. At this point, I feel he should just keep mum as anything he says -or doesn't say- wouldn't satisfy the masses anyway. Besides, the military courts seem to be satisfied with the outcome.

I agree with you. But what bothers me was when Michael made a remark about the article that came out, and he and Billy both laughed about it. And Billy commented that 80% of the article was wrong. Well, if so, just address it! Or, just say “Hey, I made a mistake and I apologize. I’ve faced the consequences for my actions and now it’s time to move forward.” That’s it..No excuses or sob stories like Michael. Before that, I was actually warming up to Billy. He’s making regular vlogs and actually working on the chateau (I was even impressed with the work he did on the roof).
You're right. Seeing as they made light of it in the vlog, Billy should at least address it. Like you said, something as simple as: "Hey, I made a mistake and I apologize. I’ve faced the consequences for my actions and now it’s time to move forward.”
I made some really stupid mistakes when I was 20 so I can't be too harsh on him. He's the only Petherick not begging for money and I find his videos interesting - I like the DIY aspect to his vlogs as opposed to the lifestyle vlogs of other chateaux.

Reactions: 10
You obviously don't know any stylist then as "stylist" is a general term for many different types of stylist including costume designers at times. Trust me, they come in all shapes, sizes, ages and choices of looks for themselves. They do not have a cookie cutter look in the least. The most talented stylists I have worked with do not walk around looking like they are runway models wearing the latest most expensive fad 🤷‍♀️
None, as I said, but I looked at her website and had some expectations (no, not at all the runway-type, I guess you are more than aware of the famous saying "fashion fades, style is eternal").. and back at her first appearance on CD, and I went "meh"

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.