The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I just figured out what I could send Fanny as a gift for her new loo. A hand-made, decoupaged plaque that reads:
If you sprinkle
When you tinkle,
Be a sweetie
And wipe the seatie!

I had a neighborhood friend when I was a kid whose crafty mother had one in their powder room. Even at 12 years old, I knew it was camp!
I'm sure it would be oohed and awed and be displayed in the downstairs loo "straight away."

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wouldn’t it be totally crazy if Maaike and Flip are a couple and they are actually just doing the „Steffi & Flip in Love“ scripted reality for the camera?

Or they sold Flip to Steffi for a lot of money and him gaining some fame? And now they come for a short visit checking how he’s holding up.
Urgh dont, the thought of them two bumping uglies is even more revolting than him and Fanny o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Eileen Fisher makes lovely separates. It's just that the company would not allow you to break up the pieces at all. The mannequins had to have the EF pants with the EF top with the EF cardigan accessorized with the EF scarf and belt. The only creativity was choosing shoes and handbags to go with the display, and even then they had a list of 'acceptable' vendors to use. As a stylist, it was quite boring because everything matched so there was no creativity involved.
I know what you mean. I love the pieces for their quality, but you have to get them home and mix and match to jazz them up. As mid-range pieces, they always were a bit more special to me and I always, always, always wrecked them the first time I wore them! White suit -$700 + salad oil = money down drain. Lavender cashmere sweater set + chocolate ice cream = money down drain again. I can’t tell you how many times this happened! I just gave up finally. I wreck everything. Especially shoes. I just shop at TJ Maxx now. I feel way less guilty.

I think this was Marie. She was wearing a black dress with a long necklace for the party.

He said his grand-mother used the bucket as a "cache-pot" (= planter for flowers).
I hate the way he pronounces cache pot. He leaves off the t. Sounds stupid.

Reactions: 13
None, as I said, but I looked at her website and had some expectations (no, not at all the runway-type, I guess you are more than aware of the famous saying "fashion fades, style is eternal").. and back at her first appearance on CD, and I went "meh"
Just because you don't like the way she looks doesn't mean that she or any other stylist that look "meh" to you are not successful at what they do 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The last CD vlog comments section :

June
2 days ago
I'm genuinely curious - is Phillip part owner of the Chateau now? Stephanie mentioned that she and Phillip had a decision to make about something chateau-related.

Hide 3 replies

View attachment 969425
The Chateau Diaries
2 days ago
He’s not a part owner, but he lives here with me
with this statement, i have to wonder if anything happened to sj, would bjj have a claim on her portion of the chateau

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just because you don't like the way she looks doesn't mean that she or any other stylist that look "meh" to you are not successful at what they do 🤷‍♀️
My main question at this point is, why did she decide to go to Lalande and let herself be filmed, if not for advertising her stuff? She could have done a Nick/Ruth and hidden herself... And if she is there to sell her skills, she could have done something to enhance her optics, because you only have one chance to make a first good impression... But just let us agree to disagree on this topic, O.K.?

Reactions: 10
And to the point just made by Halifax - I wonder if Phyllis and any one else on her videos sign release forms, allowing their image TO BE USED FOR HER PROFIT? And that dear Tattlers is an issue for when Steph and Phyllis split. . . . .he could take her for a bit on that little nuance. I do not think he will slink quietly out the door. . . . .

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I had the feeling that SJ showed the “champagne bucket” to embarrass him. He had a wounded look on his face. I find he has that expression a lot when she turns the camera on him. Discomfort as to what she may say. He said his grandmother used the bucket for a certain purpose but I couldn’t make out what he said. He seemed defensive.
Maaike asked her mother to bring the ingredients to make the dough and whatever else goes in the recipe.
Maybe used it in her bed chamber... chamber pot?

• Haha
And to the point just made by Halifax - I wonder if Phyllis and any one else on her videos sign release forms, allowing their image TO BE USED FOR HER PROFIT? And that dear Tattlers is an issue for when Steph and Phyllis split. . . . .he could take her for a bit on that little nuance. I do not think he will slink quietly out the door. . . . .
Nothing is ever signed for her vlogs, only for the channel 4 ones.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
with this statement, i have to wonder if anything happened to sj, would bjj have a claim on her portion of the chateau
Since he's got a tit-ton of his crap there, I wonder if he can claim squatter's rights if/when she tries to give him the boot?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know what you mean. I love the pieces for their quality, but you have to get them home and mix and match to jazz them up. As mid-range pieces, they always were a bit more special to me and I always, always, always wrecked them the first time I wore them! White suit -$700 + salad oil = money down drain. Lavender cashmere sweater set + chocolate ice cream = money down drain again. I can’t tell you how many times this happened! I just gave up finally. I wreck everything. Especially shoes. I just shop at TJ Maxx now. I feel way less guilty.

I hate the way he pronounces cache pot. He leaves off the t. Sounds stupid.
Maybe confused with the silent T in pot pourrie ( not sure if that spelling is right but you get the gist)

I'm happy to be able to report that, as I predicted, SJ's Dutch friend Kim Raad and her professor husband have been spotted at her HMN. The happy couples departure to SA (or whatever other place they chose form their well deserved retraite) must be eminent, if it not already took place...

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
i dont think the flowerpot is an icebucket..the Wilhelminamine closed down in 1969...so his great grandfather got it before..no workingclass worker has use of an icebucket back then..or maybe he was a more high ranking worker...but i still think it was a flowerpot..we also have such..those cupperpots were very fashionable in the fifties and sixties here..and even earlier...
So she had an outdoor flower pot on her new year buffet table with all the food.
OMG get that stupid uncultured idiot out of the chateau - oh hold on, looks like Stephanie has really met her soulmate. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My main question at this point is, why did she decide to go to Lalande and let herself be filmed, if not for advertising her stuff? She could have done a Nick/Ruth and hidden herself... And if she is there to sell her skills, she could have done something to enhance her optics, because you only have one chance to make a first good impression... But just let us agree to disagree on this topic, O.K.?
Well it was the holidays and she was visiting her child :unsure: 🤷‍♀️ She didn't even get an introduction on the video. I'm not assuming anything as far as her being there for fame or self promotion. You are making assumptions as to what type of stylist she is, what you think a "stylist" is, there are many types and who's target audience may not be people that watch a chateau fantasy YouTube channel , which is where you seem to be clearly missing my point .

Reactions: 3
None, as I said, but I looked at her website and had some expectations (no, not at all the runway-type, I guess you are more than aware of the famous saying "fashion fades, style is eternal").. and back at her first appearance on CD, and I went "meh"
As "the stylist" is her own advert, wouldn't you expect some style to be reflected in her own appearance? I wouldn't feel happy having my hair styled or my makeup done by someone who looks a hot mess.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.