The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As Clara reported, boring AF.
I'd absolutely starve at Lalande. Aside from the deep fried pastry it all looked disgusting.
Thank you for the video! Now I am in shock: SJ's top. I have the same one, it is true vintage, a bolero type of garment, with a very fine black lining.
I last wore mine to a twenties fancy dress summer party! How amaaaazing! :love:. (found mine at a fleamarket, in a - I kid you not! - one Euro box!:m

• Haha
Reactions: 26
i dont think the flowerpot is an icebucket..the Wilhelminamine closed down in 1969...so his great grandfather got it before..no workingclass worker has use of an icebucket back then..or maybe he was a more high ranking worker...but i still think it was a flowerpot..we also have such..those cupperpots were very fashionable in the fifties and sixties here..and even earlier...

Could have been a chamber pot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As "the stylist" is her own advert, wouldn't you expect some style to be reflected in her own appearance? I wouldn't feel happy having my hair styled or my makeup done by someone who looks a hot mess.
As I said before, there are many different types of stylist, I guess that it is surprising to people not in the fashion/commercial/film & tv world that a stylist resume and past work are more important than their look for some stylists :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She s probably a food stylist. Or shopping windows stylist.

discussion ends,I won. Stylish victory! Flawless Stylbility!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm happy to be able to report that, as I predicted, SJ's Dutch friend Kim Raad and her professor husband have been spotted at her HMN. The happy couples departure to SA (or whatever other place they chose form their well deserved retraite) must be eminent, if it not already took place...
South Africa has been moved from the scarlet list to the red list of countries in France today. Technically, Stefanny and her Support Squirrel can travel without a compelling reason as they are vaccinated but everybody is strongly advised against travel to the red listed countries.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
As I said before, there are many different types of stylist, I guess that it is surprising to people not in the fashion/commercial/film & tv world that a stylist resume and past work are more important than their look for some stylists :unsure:
In my Hollywood days, the stylists I always came across tended to wear utilitarian "smocks" with lots of pockets filled with safety pins, tape, lint rollers, etc. This was always on-set (music video shoots) though and not in daily life.

Reactions: 11
I'm with you. A successful stylist doesn't have to look styled. I was in the fashion industry for years, most designers just wear comfortable basic clothing. Just like a successful chef doesn't go home everyday and cook up a fabulous meal. It's job.

Reactions: 15
South Africa has been moved from the scarlet list to the red list of countries in France today. Technically, Stefanny and her Support Squirrel can travel without a compelling reason as they are vaccinated but everybody is strongly advised against travel to the red listed countries.
One minute governments are restricting people because of high case counts and the next opening things up because they need to get the economies flowing. I wonder how many more years all of this will go on? I can see people in my own city becoming increasingly complacent, it's alarming.

Reactions: 14
My fantasy is it locks up again and France only admits legal residents. SJ is forced to return to Lalande alone and PJ goes back to wherever he came from.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm happy to be able to report that, as I predicted, SJ's Dutch friend Kim Raad and her professor husband have been spotted at her HMN. The happy couples departure to SA (or whatever other place they chose form their well deserved retraite) must be eminent, if it not already took place...
Looking a bit late on a vlog for today as well. Unless she’s skipping this week. What a great friend to get to visit your house and not actually you. Oh do come visit! I’ll be gone.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The New Year's Party in one word: dire.

Desperate food. Ghastly people.

Philip's heirloom coal scuttle wine cooler provided another pitiful display from his never-ending collection of Favourite Things.

Even the table looked depressed, just some dreary everyday china.

Not an ounce of genuine merriment to be seen, just the same old' forced bonhomie (and that seemed in short supply).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I know what you mean. I love the pieces for their quality, but you have to get them home and mix and match to jazz them up. As mid-range pieces, they always were a bit more special to me and I always, always, always wrecked them the first time I wore them! White suit -$700 + salad oil = money down drain. Lavender cashmere sweater set + chocolate ice cream = money down drain again. I can’t tell you how many times this happened! I just gave up finally. I wreck everything. Especially shoes. I just shop at TJ Maxx now. I feel way less guilty.

I hate the way he pronounces cache pot. He leaves off the t. Sounds stupid.
He pronounces "cache pot" in the French way. In french, the final T is mute. Cache pot is a french word... that's why I knew what he was speaking of...

• Heart
Reactions: 21

The Chateau Diaries

1 minute ago (edited)
Tonight's Chateau Diaries will be a little later than usual, as it's an epic video that I've been working on for a few days! It should be premiering in the next hour or so. I'm very, very excited about it and can't wait to share it with you all. If you haven't done so already, press the notification bell so that you'll be notified when it premieres. I look forward to chatting with you all in the Live Chat! Love, Stephanie x

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Pethricks "saving up" to build stable block ! Make me laugh, dip into the bank of Gwen is what they mean. Let's hope Ernest stays as enthusiastic about horses as he is on this very nice vlog of him looking after Queenie, Sadie is a great Aunt to him and I am sure Ma and Pa super grandparents to him so Gwen is onto a winner there and Ernest is a lucky boy.

Reactions: 11
If something should happen to SJ, BJJ would have many people to deal with. I bet the gloves would be off. Firstly Mummy that can’t be a delightful prospect. Her family, Potty & Nick. I don’t think any of them would back down & as nasty as I think he could probably be he is no match. I do believe LaFrancaise answered the question when I asked that about Gwen. Same applies to him he would have no claim. So don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
That would make sense as SJ has just posted that CD will be a little later given that she has been working on her vlog for a few days and is super excited to share.

Reactions: 5
If something should happen to SJ, BJJ would have many people to deal with. I bet the gloves would be off. Firstly Mummy that can’t be a delightful prospect. Her family, Potty & Nick. I don’t think any of them would back down & as nasty as I think he could probably be he is no match. I do believe LaFrancaise answered the question when I asked that about Gwen. Same applies to him he would have no claim. So don’t let the door hit you on the way out!
Makes you wonder what the agreements are that are drawn up, who would get SJ share etc if anything happened, same with Potty - I assume Antoine is in the mix as an heir on Nick's side. Buy each other out I would assume, it could get very complicated lol!

Maybe the Patrons would rise up and declare a stake 😂 nah fat chance!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thanks to fellow tattlers for the positive vibes. Keeping my fingers crossed. @Phoenix Richards-Bingham glad to hear your test was negative. I’m sure it was a great relief!
Yes, it was a relief, but from what I was told, the rapid test isn't very accurate so I have to wait for the other results before I can be really relieved...But, like I said, I didn't think I have Covid, my daughter is the one who freaked out. I'm pretty positive that it'll be negative...LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.