Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aquablue

Chatty Member
Even though Sarah is educated, well travelled(so they have said) she certainly comes off as not very worldly. I wonder if she is from the Toronto area or from elsewhere. I wonder how long she has been with Steve.
Not defending her but I would say that she is in the majority to have never tasted caviar. It’s amazing to me that there are so many Canadians that are still meat and potatoes & wouldn’t eat or even try fish or seafood. Give her kiddos for trying! Being from the east coast and brought up on these I’m stunned when I hear an east coaster state they would never eat these delicacies. In my family we just say that’s great more for us!
They moved from Fergus, ON which is west of Toronto ( approx. 1.5 hr drive ) and North of Guelph. It is definitely country there and not as many chances or choices to try something new or at least there wasn't for years.
I think that a lot of it is about choosing fear over choice . Sarah may be the type to travel and explore but be conservative in trying new foods. My dad, although born in culturally diverse Toronto, is totally a meat, potatoes and veg kind of guy. I made a chicken paella Boxing Day ( didn't bother with the seafood one ), so simple ingredients and he took a tiny spoonful of it whereas my mom was excited to try something new, and "a one pot meal" lol. The next night I cooked Chinese cauliflower (blanched it , then stir fried with olive oil, garlic and green onions) and he would not touch it ( totally boring but it looked "different" ). ......... I think that even if you are open to trying something new, there is also the hurdle of seeking it out to try. If you don't count sushi, I only tried caviar about 9 years ago when I was working on a show where the cutter was Russian and on Fridays she brought in crepes, caviar, creme cheese and a couple other toppings. It was a delicious treat!
We have a really good asian grocery store which also has south asian, South American and West Indian foods as well. I roam the aisles looking at all the interesting new-to-me foods, especially the seafood aisles, wondering how to cook it all and have it taste good.
Of my East coast friends, 1 is allergic to fish, 2 hate seafood and 1 is vegetarian. Another east coast acquaintance says that she cannot stand lobster as they grew up poor and because it was plentiful, this is what her family ate for months on end after the season (frozen). Until that conversation it had never occurred to me that it could be anything else but a special treat :oops:

Reactions: 10

billybudd

VIP Member
I am double vaxxed, and 2 days ago I tested positive for COVID, and it's been the shittiest thing ever. I literally just go to my office (where I work alone because I have sent everyone else to work from home) and to grocery store...

Truly, and I cannot stress this enough, Fuck this shit and everyone who is spreading this virus! :mad::mad::mad:
Big hugs.

It is not too far a stretch to assume the professionals at Ch 4 witnessed his lack of charisma and edited accordingly
Or noted his not participating in the heavy lifting.

• Sick
  • Heart

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
Charity update .... and defending GAG. ugh 23,000 Euros from this year alone ...

July, August & September 2021: The 2nd year of the Lalande Fashion Scholarship for a student at the Villioti Fashion Institute in South Africa €5500
October 2021: A La Bonne Vauvre (our local Crozon sur Vauvre community centre) €3184
November 2021: Techo €2709
December 2021: Charity still to be decided as we await the final month's total, but it is already over €4000!!!
I didn't know what Techo was so looked up. I bet Amaury will visit a building site on his trip and report back.

• Wow

LadyoftheEast

Yessss! Either Sir Snorts isn't going, or even Gerry is sick of Sir Snorts and does not mention his name. That means IJ, the wee Scots and Gerry hate him!

Sir Snorts is going to be left to play with the staff's kids. Or babysat by the staff.
When the aunt and uncle were leaving I heard the uncle saying something about when he goes on safari to Philip

RWChatter

Chatty Member
Indeed. It must be so hard when you are tossed out from her HMN and realize you don't even know how to walk on your own anymore. They made a huge mistake with this delusion of a project, that was doomed from te start. In a way, their story is the best warning what escapism may lead to when realism is shelved as negativity and concern is mistaken for hate. I hope SJ's watching and realizes that what she has done to Selmar might just come back to bite her. To Selmar, if he's reading here, I would just like to say: whatever you do, never go back to her HMN, you might have thought it was enchanted, but it's actually haunted.
I don't think even SJ could have rallied the minions to raise this kind of funds in such a short period of time. :oops: :oops:

Marty McFly 9

VIP Member
I think MPK or Billy should dedicate a video to Pa Petherick. Talk about his background and life experiences…maybe include some photos from the past. It seems everyone likes Pa…it would get a lot of views and likes, and the video would be a great keepsake for Ernest and Archie to remember their grandfather. Pa seems like a hardworking, no-nonsense kind of guy. He’s of the era where men didn’t really express their feelings…I’m glad that things are slowly changing where that’s concerned.
There was this live Q&A with Pa, but it would be nice to see them do more with his life story and photos. Though maybe Pa doesn't want to ...

• Heart

Luna20

VIP Member
If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

This man is amazing! I enjoyed watching him. Funnily he didn't have a lot of carpenters, but still, a handful of them managed to restore a great part of a derelict building.

sandro37

VIP Member
Curtis just published their photoshoot video...do you think they know that their patron videos are shown here 1st too?
She doesnt look like herself, or maybe she finally does lool her age
But maybe it is that empty soulless gaze which courtis is able to capture
He is able to seize her miserable self in time - i applaud him

• Haha
  • Angry

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
That’s a good point! In the US, the laws are really geared toward occupants. Since Snorts has moved his personal effects into the chateau, he would probably be considered a tenant (even if he’s not paying rent). He could claim that his work was lieu of rent. If this was the US and he was asked to leave, he could play hardball, refuse to go, and make life miserable if he wanted.
This problem can happen in France too...

KyBourbon

VIP Member
Billy can't find the lamp for the boot room ..... thought this was funny! He sure doesn't mind throwing shade at Michael.

Denice Weihe
3 hours ago
Look for the lamp in Michael's cottage, maybe he likes it too. View attachment 964832View attachment 964833

View attachment 964834

The Pethericks
3 hours ago
It crossed my mind View attachment 964835
Exactly! Billy has Michael pegged, and Michael has Billy pegged! They know exactly what’s up…both scammers. They’d scam each other in the blink of an eye if given a chance.

Aquablue

Chatty Member
My son is Leo, too. My friend read him the cards and said, Leos like being helped and being surrounded by its pack... which is true for my son since he even wanted help when being born - he came via vacuum suction. Certainly true for La Châtelaine,too.
lol from birth! Apparently I kept on holding my breath after being born and my mom and I had an extended stay in the hospital. Nothing wrong with me at all, just liked the attention ( my mom even said this to me ) 🙈 . My Leo brother was less dramatic :D We both are pretty chill but don't put up with BS.

• Haha
  • Heart

Freesia54

VIP Member
Tats and Dulmar have a new vid. Looks as if they are getting their fans (and themselves) ready for defeat.
When I could hear what he was saying I noticed he used the word I as opposed to We... with regard to 'What I want' I doubt Tatty will have her say as to what she wants too.

Perhaps, but his barely inaudible whisper sounds kinda “I have sweeties little girl” to me. A bit harsh maybe 😳
Anyway, here’s an historic photo of lover boy for some to moon over.
View attachment 968058
He'd obviously discovered 'Frizeez' back then.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad

Green Fairy

VIP Member
Great conspiracy theory but it doesn't work.
Kickstarter takes 5% and payment processing fees are 3%+£0.20 per pledge. Dulmar and Tatty would have to pledge about £32,000 before breaking even by paying the rest of the £390,000 from their own pockets. They are currently at £6,716.
Interesting. I thought maybe that's why they were suddenly doing this belated push for more donations. Didn't take into account fees. Still feel it's a scam in some way. There's no way they were ever going to buy that chateau.

LadyoftheEast

Cool! Didn't know I was supposed to live by photosynthesis during a pandemic! 😂
I wear my mask, sanitize my hands many times and don't touch anything that i am not picking up for myself...
If everyone took care the same way, we would've been done with this fiasco by now.
You're meant to isolate in your home and not have contact so as not to spread the virus once you've been diagnosed with it. Supermarkets deliver.

• Wow
  • Angry

Pyke

VIP Member
The Chateau Diaries
1 minute ago (edited)
Tonight's Chateau Diaries will be a little later than usual, as it's an epic video that I've been working on for a few days! It should be premiering in the next hour or so. I'm very, very excited about it and can't wait to share it with you all. If you haven't done so already, press the notification bell so that you'll be notified when it premieres. I look forward to chatting with you all in the Live Chat! Love, Stephanie x
I am expecting to see new intro at last so it will be Dan's work, he is the only capable of "epic" camera work. We all know she has had his footage for ages, let's hope it is more epic than advent intro which was rubbish and does not show BJJ front and centre