The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
If PhiPhi can change his whole personality and accent, we can pick up a word or two 😂
Although, as a kid I learned a lot of my English from Harry Potter books & movies and that had a lasting effect on my vocabulary no doubt!

I would still use "powder room" instead of loo for that over-designed half-bath!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The BBQ is traditionally Potty’s thing on Boxing Day. And Dan is at Chateau, again? Is it not a public holiday in France?

Reactions: 20
The BBQ is traditionally Potty’s thing on Boxing Day. And Dan is at Chateau, again? Is it not a public holiday in France?
I am sure that 26th December is a normal working day in most of France.

"St Stephen's Day is a public holiday in the départements of Haut-Rhin, Bas-Rhin and Moselle. These areas are on the German border and are known as the Alsace-Moselle region. Post offices, banks, stores and other businesses in these areas are closed."

Reactions: 13
The downstairs loo.........I don't know , maybe I am strange but .... I would have some tiles on the wall near the taps!!! I can see saggy peeling wallpaper right there where everyone washes their hands and then sprays themselves with her $$ perfume.
Yes, the wallpaper behind the basin will be ruined in no time at all! How stupid not to have some kind of splash back! I have just realised that I have some wrapping paper with the same design as that wallpaper! The design was originally from Florence, apparently.

Selmar's dreadful vlog: I think he thought he was going to win over the geese as he sees himself as some kind of Dr Dolittle, but he has not succeeded so far! Last week, according to his title, he was in "Suffulk"; fortunately, this week, he's miraculously managed to be in Suffolk! He asked the village shop owner if he could film in the shop and so did a very boring tour of the shop "in this beautiful town". He thought they were selling "delicious cakes" and everything was "so nice"! After filming the entire shop, he then says thank you and leaves without buying anything. He told the shopkeeper he was staying with his girlfriend, Tatyana, at the Broken China B & B but the shopkeeper did not appear to recognise the name!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
The bathroom is done! Overall, I like it…especially the chandelier. It has working fixtures. But I guess my OCD is kicking in. You can see the wallpaper seam to the left of the shelf above the sink. That would drive me crazy…especially when it’s in such a prominent place. And the shelf and mirror aren’t centered over the sink. I guess we can chalk it up to…character?

View attachment 949542
C37454AF-CAA9-4E7C-AACD-B302A7FAA1A3.jpeg

Desperate bang of the pair of these
Ruth’s face is in permanent resting witch - but holidays with his ex must be a BORE

Guess he needs to hold tight to all the whiskey 🥃 no heating

Leaste his presence will be felt in the loo

Suprised there’s not a charge on entry … give it time 😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Imagine if Annalise said to Dan , on his day off at home,

'Next time you go running to Lalande when Stephanie clicks her fingers I'll flood your studio again '

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
Just trying to bridge the gap/pond so that we can all get along.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm half and half...my mum is British (still has her accent) and my dad was American so I grew up with slang from both countries in my vocabulary. Came in handy when watching English films with American friends..I was often the translator. 🤣

Reactions: 15
This was from Dan:

Escape to Rural France
Unfortunately no video tonight as you may have guessed , I've been dealing all day with a leaky flooded studio ( yes again) see ya tomorra

Wonder what happened?
I have an idea but I shouldn't say.... Could destroy a family... Will say it anyway: passive aggressivly or subconsciously someone flooded the studio again.... Maybe because he was on boxing day somewhere he should not be.... Who knows... We will never know

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So Dan was gardening on Boxing Day?

I’ll repeat my corrected 2022 prediction - Annalise returns to UK with or without Dan.

I am not suggesting Dan is playing up. I am suggesting he is just not focused on his family IMO.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.