The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh
Thank you, @Heathcliffe for the reminder! 😆 As an American, I want you to know you’re appreciated! 😊
Oh I KNOW, I bloody know I am appreciated KyBangBang, not everything needs spelling out. Adults have brains, we know things. We read between the lines, subtleties...it is the civilised way. This American shouting everything out is not how we do it. I know you adore me, now stop it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
@Rose Cafe The idea of the airgap is to help deal with any damp issues, given that the external walls will be trapping moisture. The walls are not rendered externally or plastered internally with a lime-based mix. She's completely bonkers as we all agree not to address this issue before she installs the panelling, but stuffing the gap with foam insulation will only add to the problem as it will also trap moisture created from within the room.
Armoire can try to seal the damp with fiberglass membrane or leave a breathing gap for the moisture to evaporate but it's like treating the symptoms, not curing the root cause.

Reactions: 19
Personally I prefer mixer lever taps where I can use one hand to achieve the correct temperature. But what is there is better than two separate taps where you have to use the plug and run both or risk your hands under each separately. Mind you, the water would have to actually be hot for this to be a risk.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
What do you mean. We're all British here, and haters.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh

Oh I KNOW, I bloody know I am appreciated KyBangBang, not everything needs spelling out. Adults have brains, we know things. We read between the lines, subtleties...it is the civilised way. This American shouting everything out is not how we do it. I know you adore me, now stop it.
Manners, @Heathcliffe, Manners. Remember what Nanny taught you. "Yes please, No thank you and do you have a clean handkerchief? "

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I thank who I want to thank.. go to VIP lounge and lodge a complaint... if they let you in :LOL:
That tone does not suit you. I'll let you wash your mouth out with Champagne if you come to the VIP lounge, I shall let this one pass and put it down to hormones.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh, speaking of leaded porcelain, that reminds me I meant to mention a comment I saw in one of the vlogs a few weeks ago, questioning the safety of using older porcelain for this very reason. The lead contained in the decorative paint can be rubbed off with the wear from utensils. I tried googling but got distracted and remember reading about vintage glassware that is rimmed with gold often is tinged with lead and those rims wear out easily over time. I mainly found people discussing Corningware and vintage Corelle plates. The issue really being most detrimental to children because even in minute amounts it can be dangerous. Is Phi Phi consider a child?🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS
Patreon downstairs loo big reveal

It was delightfully horrible listening to Fanny designing the arrangements for the vintage wood paneling, and flushing the loo. So nice of Armoire to put the little rubber ducky in the loo to surprise her.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Exactly - the farmhouse has guest .. these last few days
Free from filming …. They are in a rally cry 😿 … forward into the breach … let’s have a go at tattle

How bad is your annual holiday that like queenie the horse 🐴
Tattle puts the bridle on and walks them over the paddock

No blanket - let them freeze 🥶
SsB will start a college fund for her gigglio

He NEEDS a career

Odd how we can see them coming - threw all the shite they post 😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh, speaking of leaded porcelain, that reminds me I meant to mention a comment I saw in one of the vlogs a few weeks ago, questioning the safety of using older porcelain for this very reason. The lead contained in the decorative paint can be rubbed off with the wear from utensils. I tried googling but got distracted and remember reading about vintage glassware that is rimmed with gold often is tinged with lead and those rims wear out easily over time. I mainly found people discussing Corningware and vintage Corelle plates. The issue really being most detrimental to children because even in minute amounts it can be dangerous. Is Phi Phi consider a child?🤔
well i have been using old porcelaine and glasses all my life..i guess its time to make my last will..and testament ...then.. 🙄 have to say..i had an aunt..my fathers aunt in fact..how do you call her..a great aunt?? she used all her life very old porcelaine and glasses..and she lived to a 100..so i guess i have time..at least i hope..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.