The Chateau Diaries #100 That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good. Because they did. Luckily not as bad any of them needed to be hospitalized. They could have just been open about it, but SJ decided it was to be kept private. She thinks it will give her some leverage over her entourage: she decides what her viewers get to see and when.
I could hardly believe that Steph would parade Amaury on Shateau when he was sporting all the symptoms of the new variant.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
There's a reason my Christmas wish involved the saying "let's keep our eyes on the prize". Even though there's a huge overlap, with all the spinoffs, our main focus here should be SJ and holding her accountable for the lives she's ruining (Dan's included) with her hedonistic me-centered love-bombing narc stuff. It's been proven that her flying monkeys love to come here and derail our threads attacking Dan because they know a lot of us have a soft spot for him and will respond accordingly. I usually stay out of those discussions, not just because of the obvious intentions to derail, but to be honest I could not care less about Dan. In my playbook he's a loser for not exposing his employer by standing up to her each and every time she's playing her tricks. Over the years, I have seen many like him come and go and they usually end up exactly how he's looking now: tired to the extend of exhaustion, lost in her narrative of being part of the family of love and laughter, while his heart is screaming: get the hell out!
What was the reason for Dan’s trip to London? I groaned as soon as I saw SJ was with him 😞 I like him but what you said above is what I started to think (exhausted)

• Sad
Reactions: 5
MPK's first paid boyfriend in Madrid convinced him to pay for him to attend a culinary academy. He told Michael that he wanted to be a cook so they could have a life together in the hospitality business and write an illustrated cookbook together. The school cost $20-$30,000. The boyfriend convinced Michael to give him the money directly for his tuition, instead of paying it to the school. Once he had the money the boyfriend ran off. MIchael paid the tuition from YT and Patreon money. He was broke after this hapenned. HIs family could not reach him in Madrid and his mom posted messages to him on his YT pages telling him how wonderful he was, talended and loved -please come home! Michael does not read the postings on his YT pages so he probably never saw these.
He wanted that Gustavo boy bad. I think it really messed him up.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Its the lack of forward planning by all at lala that I see, retirement, old age, pensions etc.
Do they all expect their parents bequest or government to look after them?
I don’t think they consider the future or their old age at all. They are in a fantasy bubble.

Reactions: 18
It's hard in reality tbh. I have a friend who at 40 decided to start dating a 24 year old. It was definitely eyebrow raising, and after my jokingly, offhand comment of clearly there's an expiration date but enjoy while it lasts, she did not take to kindly to the expiration date quip. I mean we all are thinking it but it's best to be supportive of friends if thats the path they want take on and they aren't hurting anyone. The relationship actually lasted 5 years ,much longer than anyone would have thought, and mainly due to differing energy levels, hers being of Energizer Bunny and she often referred to him as an old man who never wanted to go out. The financials were also as wide as could be, which I think for alot of men is hard for their ego.

It's funny because this friend bought a horse last year and is building a barn on her property. Her life has become all about horses now. She is so happy as it's always been her dream to have a horse. Sadie seems to be a horse girl as well and I think will take good care of her horse, but the expense is definitely there.
My father had 4 daughters who all rode. We all showed hunter jumper. He said it was like digging a large pit and shoveling money in as fast as you could while watching it burn. 2 of the horses lived with us, 2 close by and one of my sisters horses was just too fancy to live with us. We had room for all of them but yeesch.

Reactions: 11
If MPK read the bits about spending all that time and work on the cottage and it's not even his ...he may just never finish it! I think for his rent it's a fair trade though. I've known people who give a huge rent discount if they work on a place to improve it while they live there . I'd like to see the upstairs bedroom done .
Yes…even if he finishes the bedroom, there’s still no bathroom. I guess that’s why he hangs onto that Spode chamber pot! I suppose MPK could heat water on the AGA and take a sponge bath in a copper washtub. That might be fun to watch 😆 He’s still got a long way to go to finish (well…it shouldn’t take that long, but at the rate he’s going it will).

• Haha
  • Sad
Clara. I am absolutely sure, like you, that Dan is not misbehaving with another as some jerks on here have suggested. But I do not think all is well in his household. His Christmas videos have only shown Annalise, momentarily. No message to viewers. Any idea what is going on there? Does Annalise not approve of Dan spending so much time at the Shateau or building his studio?
Perhaps Annalise and/ or Dan have been reading here and have been upset by some of the things they have read. For example, wholly unfounded comments about Dan being unfaithful with SJ and others at the Chateau? If you were to read that kind of thing, I imagine that you would be very reluctant to expose yourself to a section of audience intent on destroying your relationship. Content is fair game and also the criticism of Dan's safety while working. What is not fair are suggestions that he's playing away from home or that he is is a domineering and dictatorial partner who keeps Annalise down and tied to the kitchen sink. I really don't blame them for keeping Annalise and the boys in the background. Such a shame, as I enjoyed seeing the cosy, loving little family they clearly adore. I cannot see any comparison between the dynamics of the Preston family and that of SJ and BJJ or the Pethericks. Just to add, I am not Dan's mother either but I am a mum and I would be deeply saddened to see people trying to damage my son's family life for entertainment.
I wonder if some Tattlers have been the cause of a pretty miserable Christmas for this young family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
He wanted that Gustavo boy bad. I think it really messed him up.
Ugh who cares. Never pay for anyone's anything. You don't get a pass for being and idiot- because you are a gullible idiot. No, he wanted the money for one thing- blew it off and - voila, nothing. He is not 12, but a full grown man.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Spot on. SJ has had Covid herself too. But we all know how much she loves her privacy, right?
And Dan too surely? He was sporting symptoms. Perhaps overwork whilst trying to overcome it has delayed his recovery and he is thus still feeling ragged?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
What?! I don't recall this bit.

I'm surprised a tattler ,or some other from his channel, hasnt tried to catfish him yet.
Gustavo sort of catfished him. It started in Instagram. MPK commented (=drooled) on his account and Gustavo replied and lured him in. Remember, Gustavo has a wish list in Amazon, he's accustomed to gifts from his fans. When they met for the first time MPK gave him a phone. The relationship was transactional from the very beginning but he didn't want to see it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Louise Dole showed up in the CD's day 25 comments too...

Soo S
38 minutes ago
Could someone at the Chateau explain to me why the comments questioning the environmental impact of all the gifts on Cadeaux have been removed? We have just had COP26 so these things are really important and Stephanie is very much loved and has so much support she could make a real difference, the ripple effect could be fabulous,

Louise Dole
5 hours ago (edited)
I think that Stephanie needs to rethink her relationship with some of her volunteers especially those that are trying to make livings off their YouTube accounts because these volunteers are now using Stephanie's brand to fund their own dreams now. They all know how much money Stephanie is making and think that by pushing their own Tube videos and showing their boring pathetic lives will earn them enough money to make a living from their Patreon Accounts. They are all now known by LaLande association and are trying to capitalize off the LaLande brand. To be honest, I'm getting a little disgusted with how immature and greedy this is by expecting the public to be so interested in their lives that we are just going to continue to throw money at them as if we are all hard-up idiots out here who are just so enthralled with their pathetic lives in England or France. They all see that Stephanie has been very successful at doing this, but the difference between Stephanie and her volunteers is that Stephanie has the education, breeding, salesmanship, gift of gab, personality and generosity of spirit and brains to fund her dream. The others are severely limited. My advice to Stephanie is you better start making new friends and getting more resources for volunteers, because people like Dan, S&T and maybe even Marie will eventually become resentful and damaging to your chateau renovation dream, brand and your business. Even if they succeeded in gathering any money, this is also income taken away from LaLande to help them pay, at most, their rents wherever else they live. Tell me why Marie needs a YouTube account to show that she is a floral designer? Or, why Dan, with his very bad attitude, needs a Patreon account ? Is anyone really that interested in what he does as a Maintenace man? Just saying....? My advice to Stephanie is that she should be extremely cautious at this point from a business and security standpoint and create a non-disclosure and non-compete clause in any contract that you draw up with your volunteers. You obviously make a lot of money and are running a legal business which is accountable for capital gains and due taxes.
Well she is right when she says "To be honest, I'm getting a little disgusted with how immature and greedy this is by expecting the public to be so interested in their lives that we are just going to continue to throw money at them " I just think she has her immature vloggers mixed up .

Reactions: 13
Ugh who cares. Never pay for anyone's anything. You don't get a pass for being and idiot- because you are a gullible idiot. No, he wanted the money for one thing- blew it off and - voila, nothing. He is not 12, but a full grown man.
Having been taken advantage of and ghosted while I thought there was love, I still have empathy for him.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
If MPK read the bits about spending all that time and work on the cottage and it's not even his ...he may just never finish it! I think for his rent it's a fair trade though. I've known people who give a huge rent discount if they work on a place to improve it while they live there . I'd like to see the upstairs bedroom done .
Agree. I don't see it unfair at all and don't understand why Gwen should let her brother-in-law lounge about in her house for free. I suppose the deal was after the cottage was renovated he could keep it for life. But he'll never finish it.

Reactions: 14
To slightly switch topics, anyone on here dislike Meghan Markle’s actions and sees that she is a narcissist, who has incited a group of unhinged supporters, the likes of which I have never seen before
Why are you posing that question on here? ... put it where people are interested which is definitely not on here.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Having been taken advantage of and ghosted while I thought there was love, I still have empathy for him.
I can understand that. If that relationship was a "one off" I might have some empathy for him too, however I think there is a very nasty side to him that seeps through every time he appears and it is that which destroys every relationship he attempts.

Reactions: 21
Perhaps Annalise and/ or Dan have been reading here and have been upset by some of the things they have read. For example, wholly unfounded comments about Dan being unfaithful with SJ and others at the Chateau? If you were to read that kind of thing, I imagine that you would be very reluctant to expose yourself to a section of audience intent on destroying your relationship. Content is fair game and also the criticism of Dan's safety while working. What is not fair are suggestions that he's playing away from home or that he is is a domineering and dictatorial partner who keep Annalise down and tied to the kitchen sink. I really don't blame them for keeping Annalise and the boys in the background. Such a shame, as I enjoyed seeing the cosy, loving little family they clearly adore. I cannot see any comparison between the dynamics of the Preston family and that of SJ and BJJ or the Pethericks. Just to add, I am not Dan's mother either but I am a mum and I would be deeply saddened to see people trying to damage my son's family life for entertainment.
I wonder if some Tattlers have been the cause of a pretty miserable Christmas for this young family.

Here is the thing: if you put yourself out there with your life - you open yourself up for criticism- you get what you get and you don't get upset.

Here is another thing: my husband would literally just NEVER behave that way- spending all of his time with the witch. Not. Ever. Its one of the reasons I love him. Never would he travel and ho out to fancy dinners with another woman on or off camera. Why? Well for the same reason I wouldn't go out to a fancy dinner with another man. I don't want to have to experience anything like that - WITHOUT HIM, or our daughter. My two favorite people on the planet. Even if our funds were unlimited I would NEVER go somewhere interesting/ fun/ exciting/ cool without him. When I experience these kinds of things I want to share it with my husband, or my daughter or both. Just not fun if either one or both are not there. I would also care about optics and so would he. Both of us would also feel awkward out and about with others.

So he opens himself up to it, and the witch doesn't care so long as she has ALL of the male attention.

Why are you posing that question on here? ... put it where people are interested which is definitely not on here.
Agreed.

• Heart
And I checked her TripAdvisor reviews, all soo positive, albeit old (2018-2019, so no guests from this season left reviews). An unsuspicious reader could be duped.
Try the TripAdvisor in french. Not so good reviews at all. These comments have been copied here on Tattle a few threads ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What was the reason for Dan’s trip to London? I groaned as soon as I saw SJ was with him 😞 I like him but what you said above is what I started to think (exhausted)
I guess it was a thank you from Stephanie for his work on the intro of her advent calendar.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m not saying it’s okay. Just an observation. I think he got pretty obsessed.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.