The Chateau Diaries #10 PR disasters and tax fraud masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More colonizers in chateau country (just noticing). I wonder if there's another revolution in the works.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Agree it's not a crime to not have kids - indeed sometimes I feel very selfish for bringing my children into this already over-populated world. No, it's more that I wondered if it was a theme in people with NPD so that they can remain the centre of attention (not saying this applies to everyone who doesn't have children but it would seem to fit with Stephanie and the person that I know).
Raspberrybrulee Post 3537227 All will be revealed one day. When she hits menopause the tinny tune on the piano in the parlour will play and her song will be, when discussion turns to children and her lack thereof - "I wasn't able to have children" (flat voice, downward cast eyes abject demeanour suggesting she does not wish to elaborate further) if pressed "I never found a man who wanted me to have children "Would be a good father" "Would support me in parenting" or (bring out the big guns) in the better class of her social circles, one does not discuss personal health or "women's problems" but rest assured whilst not actually naming surgery/women's problems etc etc she'll slip in IVF treatment (failed) adoption (laws changed, couldn't find suitable/available wa
This is exactly the issue I have with SJ. Sandro kindly posted some good videos on NPD earlier (Luddite I can’t repost) . I had mentioned how torn I sometimes feel (in particular giving examples of her sitting on the floor wrapping gifts and the other day when she won the feve/crown. ) Even Clara posted that in the latter she was as normal/genuine as ever Stephanie ‘used’ to be, which I feel is insightful.

But as you say, difficult. Incidentally since reading and learning about NPD I have actually wondered whether I have it, or does that alone discount me from such a condition? Maybe I’m just a self-centred singleton !
This is exactly the issue I have with SJ. Sandro kindly posted some good videos on NPD earlier (Luddite I can’t repost) . I had mentioned how torn I sometimes feel (in particular giving examples of her sitting on the floor wrapping gifts and the other day when she won the feve/crown. ) Even Clara posted that in the latter she was as normal/genuine as ever Stephanie ‘used’ to be, which I feel is insightful.

But as you say, difficult. Incidentally since reading and learning about NPD I have actually wondered whether I have it, or does that alone discount me from such a condition? Maybe I’m just a self-centred singleton !
Frenchessence Post 3537482 We all have traits of NPD but that's what makes us human - being artistic, entertaining, funny, sad etc all add to the mix. It's when there is a failure to keep topped up with empathy, support for others, genuine relationships which are based on love/respect for others not where you are the centre of the universe and only see the universe as a source of sparkling light shining on yourself and where your need for attention, money, adoration etc outweighs all else. NPD's do not recognise the needs of others - ie what you wear to a funeral and how sad it makes you looking at a dress rather than how devastated your mother was at losing her husband, and not making everything about me, me, me. Non NPD's have that inner voice which puts the brakes when we realise we are being selfish or unreasonable etc. Non NPD's can say a genuine "I'm Sorry I upset/hurt you" not a "Sorry you got upset". NPD's don't recognise when their victims are hurt or upset - or if they do they don't care, or worse file it away for further use/

Have you lost anyone close? Do you remember or care about what you wore to the funeral.? Normal people don't care. NPD's do.
If you get a chance watch "Ordinary People" The scene where the husband (Donald Sutherland) comes home and whilst in the car he's just driven into the garage, the wife (Mary Tyler Moore) comes out and he asks her about what he wore at funeral (Won't give spoiler).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When I was a child, I was allowed to travel away and spend Christmas with another family a few times. It's not child abuse, quite the contrary. I was thrilled and not because I had an unhappy family to get away from; I just really loved to go anywhere new. If anything, I had to walk a fine line and not appear too eager, which would have made my parents (well, my mother) cross enough to refuse to give permission. Travel is the BEST present!
I remember that attitudes and "rules" re travel and unaccompanied children were very different pre 1990s. I just don't believe she travelled unaccompanied at 3. I do believe she may have at 8/9. She was born in 1975. By 1978, the concept of kidnapping, child abduction was topical.

Raspberrybrulee Post 3537227 All will be revealed one day. When she hits menopause the tinny tune on the piano in the parlour will play and her song will be, when discussion turns to children and her lack thereof - "I wasn't able to have children" (flat voice, downward cast eyes abject demeanour suggesting she does not wish to elaborate further) if pressed "I never found a man who wanted me to have children "Would be a good father" "Would support me in parenting" or (bring out the big guns) in the better class of her social circles, one does not discuss personal health or "women's problems" but rest assured whilst not actually naming surgery/women's problems etc etc she'll slip in IVF treatment (failed) adoption (laws changed, couldn't find suitable/available wa

Frenchessence Post 3537482 We all have traits of NPD but that's what makes us human - being artistic, entertaining, funny, sad etc all add to the mix. It's when there is a failure to keep topped up with empathy, support for others, genuine relationships which are based on love/respect for others not where you are the centre of the universe and only see the universe as a source of sparkling light shining on yourself and where your need for attention, money, adoration etc outweighs all else. NPD's do not recognise the needs of others - ie what you wear to a funeral and how sad it makes you looking at a dress rather than how devastated your mother was at losing her husband, and not making everything about me, me, me. Non NPD's have that inner voice which puts the brakes when we realise we are being selfish or unreasonable etc. Non NPD's can say a genuine "I'm Sorry I upset/hurt you" not a "Sorry you got upset". NPD's don't recognise when their victims are hurt or upset - or if they do they don't care, or worse file it away for further use/

Have you lost anyone close? Do you remember or care about what you wore to the funeral.? Normal people don't care. NPD's do.
If you get a chance watch "Ordinary People" The scene where the husband (Donald Sutherland) comes home and whilst in the car he's just driven into the garage, the wife (Mary Tyler Moore) comes out and he asks her about what he wore at funeral (Won't give spoiler).
Oh FrannyBee one of my all time favourite films. It was so real and raw. Exceptional acting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
[QUOTE="Julie Sue, post: 3536780, member: 178969")
Nice to see fat Philly or Barbie responding in such a pleasant manner towards genuine questions of covering up their crumbling walls.
[/QUOTE)
Anger Angie is always quite inpatient with people. I can only imagine her as a real estate agent: I gave you 5min to view the house and you stil haven't decided to buy this house and pay me 50000 provision?
66Carola post 3540043 I think I've worked it out - you are all talking about ETTCDIY which we haven't seen in Oz yet. Still regurgitating ETTC from about 5 years ago on our cable tv - Don't know if I'll bother as Fat Albert annoys me every time the food arrives and his fist is shoved in the communal bowl and he's got the next grab whilst his mouth is still full (Sorry I'm a witch) Dorothy is turning into a little Ange, Dick gets a hard on every time Ange walks past and Ange has shares in Loreal's Trump Orange Glow range (old stocks on sale as not welling well). Who are these people? Why do they use up my oxygen. I suppose at least Dick and Ange work hard and deserve what they have (supposedly) and don't ask for volunteers and patreons and those friends and family mainly seem to come from UK and get a holiday stay in return.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Pno re ridiculous POW outfit. I repeat about the drinky poos. Loss of weight through alcohol or Anorexia?
it was said that alcoholics were skinny bc as smokers they didnt feel the need to eat
I confess my ignorance. What is VW? Vera Wang? Verizon Wireless? Vietnam War?
think Renaut

Someone who wants to prance around in them showing other people how her enviable figure has not changed one bit over all those years...
wait till episode where she will be sorting the crowns ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I suppose at least Dick and Ange work hard and deserve what they have (supposedly) and don't ask for volunteers and patreons and those friends and family mainly seem to come from UK and get a holiday stay in return.
I read at some point they were allowing people to pay them to work in the chateau garden. It had never occurred to me that there was a more opposite opposite of volunteer.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
SJ wants Mandy to edit her videos especially CATCH

do you member number 34B?

since there soon will be time for the next one, can the nice person who will be setting it up and posting the abbreviations, post also the link to Trotter towers?
Hi yes I appreciate her skilkset and replacing canadian(?) Marketing logo #2, bad filming guy with beard. I just don't get why you would leave boyfriend and new job, unless no more job or boyfriend?

I wonder @Mojo if you will figure it out maybe @Rory can help you if she remembers
Are you slagging my memory?

Reactions: 5
They get joy

people like the guy with the small red carpet who is an art dealer get more customers.

Curtis gets more viewers and subscribers to his channel and some patron money

100 stars and other companies that provides gifts - get more customers.

but mainly they get joy

And they get thanks a few times and more recognition online when they share it the likes the comments the feeling part of something?

those of us who donate to a charity or some hungry homeless person don’t get that and that is enough for most people.

View attachment 385546View attachment 385547View attachment 385548View attachment 385549
They get joy

people like the guy with the small red carpet who is an art dealer get more customers.

Curtis gets more viewers and subscribers to his channel and some patron money

100 stars and other companies that provides gifts - get more customers.

but mainly they get joy

And they get thanks a few times and more recognition online when they share it the likes the comments the feeling part of something?

those of us who donate to a charity or some hungry homeless person don’t get that and that is enough for most people.

View attachment 385546View attachment 385547View attachment 385548View attachment 385549
sandton Re attachments from CD Poor deluded creatures. They would be better donating to local food bank than lining Queenie Narcissist pockets

Ah so you fell for the throwaway plant comment by Davey when he left about the amphitheatre. Who in the holy heck would go that the godforsaken place out in the middle of nowhere. I mean honestly, how much would that sort of thing cost? And all hosted by a two bit opera singer who no-one has heard of.
Princess and the Pea Post 3544620
I'll wait for menopause to kick in and SJ gets fat and then I can finally say "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings" From the few CD episodes where she sings (briefly thank God) she ain't no Maria Callas. I find her, like most amateurs, strained and screechified but I'm sure her adoring followers sit mesmerised and adoring and that's what she wants (other than the ticket sales and accommodation booked by the well heeled patreons she will lure to her web. Poor, silly deluded flies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh I love him. It's like his head is retracting back into his body - he has no neck. He is like a Sigfried & Roy version of Andre Rieu.
Rory Post 3546405 That would not be a good look - one died yesterday and the other last year. The one last year was the lion bait (or tiger - I'm too lazy to Google it) Being perverse though, I would have loved to have seen their act in Vegas. We don't get that type of excitement in Oz although I think I did see Clare the other day in downtown Humpty Doo.

Maybe she only got clothes? Which she doesn't consider as real presents? My parents bought me only a set of (expensive) clothes for birthday and Christmas which they considered as totally generous. (you know, they had to walk 10miles in the winter without shoes when they were small ) Toys were useless since they would distract me from learning, anyway. They even wouldn't buy me books because my eyes would get bad (schoolbooks were different!) If I got presents from a neighbour or somebody else I was supposed not to unwrap it because they used it as a present for someone else to save money and said I would see then what I got . When I asked them later as an adult about it they had no memories of it of course. when I insisted they speculated that I was a tidy child and didn't want too much stuff in my room--sure, tidy child hahaha...
(I had no room but a camp bed under the stairs 😂)
My younger sister didn't get even clothes because she got my old ones. 😁Anyway I didn't get the clothes on my actual birthday but whenever I outgrow my old ones obviously 😂😂😂

What I wanted to say: people have different memories and truly believe their version.. My sister has even another version of our past.

So SJ might believe she didn't get any presents and Mummy remembers the whole nursing home queuing up for her😜
66Carola Post3547653 We all have scars but we all don't live our lives and treat people as does our little Princess. I can't stand the movie "Sixteen Candles" 'cos my 16th got ignored. This was the early 60's and the world didn't revolve around teenagers then. My parents didn't have much money and my father was a army Major but we usually got a Happy Birthday and some effort. I was the youngest and only one left at home. My 16th morning. Nothing. No acknowledgement. I didn't say anything. Waited, waited waited. So after a week I let it go, so if the only way it scarred me is I don't like a 3rd rate movie I've moved on. Never did ask my mother who's long gone, but can only assume she had something more important going on in her life that day.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I know it's been rehashed and rehashed about the Christmas party with everyone traveling to the chateau in spite of strict Covid rules, but I just have to vent and this seemed a pretty safe place to do that.

I try not to get involved too much with the goings on there and so I don't think I said anything when it was a topic of discussion. I was, of course, not happy about what they did and I really hope none of them gets sick because of it. Unfortunately my family hasn't been that lucky. My son called me last week and told me that he, his wife and their daughter all had Covid. We live in different states (he's south of me) and I haven't seen them in quite some time. Thank goodness they are recovering from it now. Then, this afternoon, my daughter, who lives in another state north of me, let us know that she, her youngest son and her oldest son's wife all have Covid...too soon to tell if they'll be alright. Her daughter-in-law just had a baby 10 months ago and I'm hoping the baby doesn't get it! The baby was born with heart issues and has already had open heart surgery. Of course I don't want my oldest grandson to get it, either! The thing is, one of my daughters that I live with just returned from their house a couple of days ago. She's getting tested soon.

I'm handicapped and have breathing problems. My youngest daughter who also lives with us has asthma and her youngest daughter has a blood disorder....my point is, this can turn out very badly for us....and these people are partying and having fun while others are battling for their lives and health.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
More colonizers in chateau country (just noticing). I wonder if there's another revolution in the works.

I watched this couple as they were trying to find a chateau, he is ok but she drives me mad! I think this couple will do well, i dont think they have a patreon at this stage.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Still no video from the work shy trotter. Is anyone a patron of his? Does he do patron videos or does he slack with those too?

still can’t comprehend how he got away with a gofund me for thousands and do minimum work and basically is non existent.
Well he doesn't have to work as hard, when one looks as dashing as him, right? :sneaky:
Phil and Billy on the other hand... :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes, but at what capacity? She could have been in a care home as well by that point.
She died a couple of years ago. Used to spend summers at the chateau driving Isabelle insane. She was the biggest flirt ever, would only talk down on her daughter but very friendly towards SJ.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
If I had the choice at 13 of either going to Ho g Kong or to visit cousins in my own country. I know which I would have picked.

Reactions: 7
She died a couple of years ago. Used to spend summers at the chateau driving Isabelle insane. She was the biggest flirt ever, would only talk down on her daughter but very friendly towards SJ.
Interesting. Being coquettish and critical is a family trait. Stephanie has said she was “more ferocious than Mummy”.

Isabelle has said she was one of nine kids. Grand-mere was 93 when died about two years ago, and Isabelle turned 78 this past year......means she must have had Isabelle at 16/17. Assuming Isabelle is the oldest, perhaps she had to be the little mum. Maybe this is why she didn’t feel the need to have kids. And probably made her quite a competent nurse.

Tell us all you know about Fokker 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.