The Chateau Diaries #10 PR disasters and tax fraud masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say that I doubt DB's recent FB post is fooling anyone?

She is now repenting but, when she thought she could get away with it, she was ready to burn any tattler that came on her radar. It is only because she was unfamiliar with the law that she did not realise that doxxing is illegal. If she had had her way, there would be psycho/sycophantic superfans camped outside every one of our homes. DB was ready to let her flying gibbons terrorize us, merely for pointing out covid safety recommendations and for having a different opinion to her own.

I, for one, have no sympathy for her. DB drew her horns in only after our sleuth/agent @MojoDublin revealed that she was not registered as a business, or tour operator, and therefore was arranging tours to Lalande as black market income. Once on the Revenue Commissioners' radar, there is no going back...

I do not believe for one moment that DB is pulling away from Lalande for any "noble" reasons; it is motivated by fear.

If need be, she will toss SSB to the wolves of the internet, just to save her own ass... and I think her recent FB post proves it.
Maybe she thinks backing away now will keep tattle from finding her arrest records. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It appears Tattle is causing a state of emergency in la la land and further afield , they complain about Tattle ( in the full knowledge of what each other’s fans will find) and Yet don’t seem to realise they are causing “Mad “ , mutually assured destruction .
This forum is going at the gallop at sleuthing and sniffing out dodgy characters , whilst also finding genuinely injured parties ( thanks Clara ) whoever you are!
Can hardly keep up with it all .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Dublindevil I just read the post, took a while, much as it pains me to say it she may have helped our cause. some super fans might actually sit up & realise they are being duped . She has certainly planted a seed of doubt that all is not rosie in the garden, are cracks appearing. Maybe she watched the patreon video where more plans are set out for gardens lakes and kitchen extensions whilst indoors you need to sit with an umbrella & wrapped up in a duvet SJ has no shame did it push our BG over the patreon edge. Another post like that & she may be struck off the castle xmas card list for next year
Madame Chateaulaine’s main demographic seems to be baby boomers and older people. If it’s one thing I know about these generations it’s that they expect to get their money’s worth and to have impeccable customer service. Now that there have been a few disgruntled fans who have either never received an email reply or for those that are patrons, not received their postcards yet (Come on Natti, how hard can this be?), I suspect that a lot more people will be waking up and realizing that things aren’t adding up...
With just the trio remaining. Natti SJ an Philip and the extras. ?

💭
View attachment 383062View attachment 383062
Omg is this real??? 😮

• Heart
Reactions: 16
For those wondering about Yvonne, she is taking a step back, there was a video by her posted on Facebook in the 'Chateaux Chronicles' group yesterday, the one run by Karen Cbomb Renney.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Madame Chateaulaine’s main demographic seems to be baby boomers and older people. If it’s one thing I know about these generations it’s that they expect to get their money’s worth and to have impeccable customer service. Now that there have been a few disgruntled fans who have either never received an email reply or for those that are patrons, not received their postcards yet (Come on Natti, how hard can this be?), I suspect that a lot more people will be waking up and realizing that things aren’t adding up...

Omg is this real??? 😮
that was merely me using my 🔮. The 💭 I thought would indicate it’s not real. Or my bad photo editing skills. 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
that was merely me using my 🔮. The 💭 I thought would indicate it’s not real. Or my bad photo editing skills. 😅
At this point, truth is stranger than fiction... So many new revelations in the past week that, hiring extras for CD isnt even that crazy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For those wondering about Yvonne, she is taking a step back, there was a video by her posted on Facebook in the 'Chateaux Chronicles' group yesterday, the one run by Karen Cbomb Renney.
I think she probably got the least issues from Yvonne. I saw the post about Stephanie Jarvis page being deleted. Did I miss the post where she thanked Yvonne for all her hard work that she has put in?

At this point, truth is stranger than fiction... So many new revelations in the past week that, hiring extras for CD isnt even that crazy 😂
no to be fair I have given some really good genuine advice on here for sj brenda dan etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Be gone, nasty “fan” Facebook pages. Be gone Brenda and Cbomb!!

Lalande retreats into its own sordid world (right after they update the web address to Youtube and erase even the LOTLL Facebook presence)
Taking control of the brand though! 👏

Harold Wilson thought that "a week is a long time in politics'. It's nothing compared to the speed at which things have moved in France this week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Mandy is on her way
How is it that Marie can leave and Mandy return in the middle of a lockdown? If Marie has any sense at all, she should not return in Feb. Marie has been really useful to SJ with her cooking, if not her florals, and has had to work considerably harder than than some of the others. She is clearly not at ease and is now bravely answering back in a mocking tone sometimes. That will not go down well. The only person allowed to mock others is "she who must be obeyed" and Philip's remark and gesture in the gift grab will not have boded well for him either. Unfortunately, the volunteers and workers like Selmar are led to believe they are part of the Chateau "family" because they live, eat, and party together but they are not the inner circle and if they act as if they are, they may live to regret it. Marie may be rather naive when it comes to some of her interests but she wants to opt out of the gift grabs, etc., and it's only inner circle members like Nic and Ruth who can try to be invisible, it doesn't work with the outer circle. If SJ was organised enough, I suspect any contracts would speicify that volunteers and employees have to be prepared to be filmed. Mandy looked awkward and Selmar is increasigly looking strained. Davy also looked very uncomfortable. Marie believed she was a special friend. Remember that odd image of her and SJ curled up together on a sofa? I am sure that was staged. Marie was later no longer the special friend when Hanni, etc., turned up. The same will eventually happen to PP when some new, more useful or attractive, replacement arrives, especially if PP starts to mock SJ a bit more. SJ says she will still be around in 10 years' time so this cycle of changing "special friends" will continue. If SJ is getting any wiser, she may well introduce NDAs for her volunteers; from the revelations in the last couple of weeks, it looks as if she hasn't yet done this, which makes things very interesting for us!

Another aspect that irritates me is SJ going to see every worker each morning, clearly checking up on what they are doing and then saying, "I'll be back later". I suppose she is doing it for the vlogs but it really looks as if she doesn't trust them and is just checking up to see if they are working. She does it to Marie, Selmar and Dan, and in the past to Tomasz, she doesn't appear to be chasing up Nati and Nati is the only one who remains really sycophantic and has not dared to challenge her mistress!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it is advisable for any ‘normal’ person to now take a ‘step back’ from the LOTLL. If she really has gone from advertising for Workaway volunteers to paid actors then SJ has lost touch of the essence of her beloved Chateau Diaries. She has “jumped the shark”. She is nuts. Perhaps I’m wrong and she will grow in stardom, but not through her current audience.
the paid actors add was not for real it was tongue in cheek funny!

that’s not to say that she doesn’t financially make it worth their while as free volunteers aka modern slavery shouldn’t be a thing.

she has said herself the longer she films the more work in editing it is. So I’m sure it’s fair to say that it is very scripted / planned out as to what she needs to film. So in a sense they are all actors.

after all the b&b is closed. The work that need doing is pretty skilled work and then there is selmar (paid) for general maintenance and dan (paid) the gardener and natti who runs the non existent b&b - So other than feeding and cleaning up after themselves there is not much that need doing.

SJ just need to get a Proper social media communication paid person on board. But I guess she will outsource it to one of her friends.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Taking control of the brand though! 👏
In a very crappy way, though. Virtual volunteers (like the 'ancients' are real people, you got the memo from Egypt guy this week, didn't you SJ?). She just drops them like hot potatoes. First Karen (ok, just a fan group). But, Yvonne? Personal virtual assistant for months and no public 'thank you' (which takes no sincere effort at all, but just the same).

We all are making SJ a huge favor with all of our unearthings and insights. Anyone else with mixed feelings about that?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.