The Body Coach #3 Rosie off for brunch, Indie desperate for lunch, Joe doing his 10000th crunch

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get so hungry for Rosie, how can you live of toddler size portions. The body isn’t even worth being hungry!!!

I’ve stopped watching his stories as much now as I find them both so bland, I get annoyed by certain parenting things he does and I feel like they’re constantly boasting about their perfect life!
Rosie probably isn’t constantly hungry, your stomach shrinks/expands according to how much you eat and becomes used to it.

I find myself wondering about Marley’s eyesight, I know babies stare off into space but there’s something about the way he does that makes me think there’s possibly something amiss.

Reactions: 1
Rosie probably isn’t constantly hungry, your stomach shrinks/expands according to how much you eat and becomes used to it.

I find myself wondering about Marley’s eyesight, I know babies stare off into space but there’s something about the way he does that makes me think there’s possibly something amiss.
I think it's a premature baby thing, he has that stare-y premature baby look to him

Reactions: 2
I think it was like 36+4 or something. We haven’t seen any smiles I don’t think yet but he does look like he’s growing well - looks like a robust 9 week old to me.

Pleased to see some matter-of-fact breastfeeding going on in stories. He’ll be a much happier wee soul now his parents aren’t spending nights away from him.

Reactions: 12
I thought he was born at 37 weeks? That's not premature, 37-40 is full term. I think he was in the hospital/incubator for an infection was he not?
True, he wasn't that early. I know someone with a very premature baby (25 weeks) and she has the same eyes/ look. If you Google premature baby eyesight the pics look similar too. From what I can see on Google eyesight should be fully formed by 37 weeks, and it's pre 32 weeks you have real difficulty.

I'm not an expert though 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think it's a premature baby thing, he has that stare-y premature baby look to him
I know what you mean..this isnt a slight on the wee fella as he is cute but i know a couple of people whose babies were pre term and their eyes were quite bulbus at the bottom like his ..a bit like a goldfish

Reactions: 1
I am surprised there is a "bumper" on that crib at the new hotel...they aren't recommended, especially for babies under one year who are more prone to SIDS. I hope they remove it.

Reactions: 2
Dislike him a lot but the food does look SOOOO GOOD
But the thing is, you could get that style of food at any fancy hotel in Europe. When I travel, I want to try the country's local food...if I go to Italy, I want Italian, not Indian. Nothing he is eating is even remotely that Mexican apart from the two taco dishes he has had.

Reactions: 3
All I go on about is the snacks but I can’t believe those messages from his followers saying they’ve all stopped giving snacks ones his advice. I get so angry when people who are unqualified to give advice give stupid advice going against nhs guidance and then all the people who aren’t capable of doing their own research and following their instincts follow suit. I try to think that it’s not my baby not my problem but it’s just sad. I don’t like the thought of little kids going hungry.

Reactions: 18
All I go on about is the snacks but I can’t believe those messages from his followers saying they’ve all stopped giving snacks ones his advice. I get so angry when people who are unqualified to give advice give stupid advice going against nhs guidance and then all the people who aren’t capable of doing their own research and following their instincts follow suit. I try to think that it’s not my baby not my problem but it’s just sad. I don’t like the thought of little kids going hungry.
I just think it is so ridiculous that he has a book coming out about baby weaning when he has literally only just started it with Indie. How does he know it actually works???

Reactions: 9
I just think it is so ridiculous that he has a book coming out about baby weaning when he has literally only just started it with Indie. How does he know it actually works???
Interestingly he said the other day that Indie doesn't like plain veg that is served on its own, but will eat the veg when it's in something, he said most toddlers are like this. You rarely see Indie eat plain veg, it's always mixed in with the dish, with rice, pasta or sauce. To me he seems to be cherry picking what he shows on Instagram; only showing meals he knows she will eat or avoiding plain veg the majority of meal times, so all his followers see Indie eating really well and buy into his concept and purchase his book. He's thrown in the odd token "Indie isn't hungry but she ate it later" or "she must be unwell" moment and people think this is him being realistic but it's not. I think only once he's admitted and shown she hasn't liked something. Most toddlers would eat the dishes he serves as they're staple favourites, such as pasta, rice etc. I serve these types of dish but we also have a standard veg and protein meal twice a week which quite often my toddler gets annoyed about, but she eats some of the veggies and the meat but doesn't eat as much as she would of a pasta dish. Although she's not keen I still offer these meals as I don't want to build on her fussiness or avoid meals with plain veg as I want her to enjoy veggies on a roast dinner, which is the advice Joe gives but he doesn't seem to apply it to Indie's least favourite meals. Anyone's child could clear their plate every night and appear a good eater if they were only offered their favourites!

Reactions: 9
It is interesting as mentioned before indie nit liking plain veg unless it’s part of a sauce or mixed up etc and most toddlers being like that. Not in my experience. My almost 4 year old demolished loads of broccoli and green beans which I put on the side of her cottage pie tonight. And after her banana for pudding she then ate a whole carrot As we had ran out of ice lollies 😂 my baby also loves whole veg. He can’t claim to be this expert in weaning when his eldest isn’t even 2 yet. Just wait till she hits 3 that’s when the fun really begins!

Reactions: 5
I am surprised there is a "bumper" on that crib at the new hotel...they aren't recommended, especially for babies under one year who are more prone to SIDS. I hope they remove it.
I mean they put their newborn to sleep in a handbag the other day... so I’d probably say these two idiots don’t know the first thing about safe sleep

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.