Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyMargolotta

I'm so excited because it's cool enough to wear jeans today! And I had to curl up with a chai latte last night. This weather is far more like it (shout out to my fellow Graves' sufferers!)

Currently trying to break in a new pair of DMs and I used the last of the nice weather yesterday to get my Ebay bargain Barbour jackets rewaxed and hung out in the sun.

Trying not to buy anything new unnecessarily (looking at you... lovely Autumn mugs) but might be due some new plain jumpers. And I might *need* some fairy lights for the mantelpiece.

I have a Kindle full of books, all my sofa blankets are freshly washed and I have some brand new slippers. Bring it on!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Foggy and cold here this morning but rapidly heating up and going to be low twenties all week. Toooooo warm still 🥵 I can’t wait to plant all my spring bulbs but it needs to be a really nice crisp cold dry day. I have such fond memories of previous autumn days gardening, the chiminea going burning leaves and scraps, the kids running around in their wellies, a roast dinner cooking inside. Unfortunately I’ve got divorced and moved to a new build and there are no trees yet 😢 so no crunchy leaves. I will have to work at making new traditions and memories.

• Heart

roarke

VIP Member
I bought this wee chap at the range today.
2026734B-504C-4E5C-BFA7-114BF1A4ED01.jpeg
Their wreaths weren’t great but their Halloween stuff is ace.

• Heart

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
YESS I’VE FOUND MY AUTUMN PEEPS! 🍂 Probably driving my partner around the bend talking about how excited I am for the A/W season but honestly I cannot wait. I love all things autumn/Halloween. Couldn’t resist ordering a cute gonk off Tk Maxx as they already have their Halloween stuff in. It’s so adorable! Love gonks at Christmas and have a vast collection so decided an autumn one is a must.

Anyone else dying for crisp autumn mornings, long walks, cosy coats, blankets, hot drinks and binge watching Netflix?🍁🦔☕

• Heart

roarke

VIP Member
I quite like a hazelnut latte. This beauty just turned up - it’s such a good size and so pretty
CDDE1178-A44A-44CB-9F76-A6107710CBCB.jpeg

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I just bought a chunky, mid- shin (maxi?) length black cardigan from Tesco, to wear at work when it starts to get colder. It will look great over long dresses or over a blouse and black jeans. It feels really swishy and grungy and it reminds me of when long cardigans where in fashion a few years ago. Will definitely wear boots with it. I bought it impulsively because typically you see something you like but leave it, and next week your size is sold out.

• Heart

Badirene

VIP Member
It's cool and rainy here today so I just made a big batch of stewed apples and had some with Greek yogurt, bliss.

The evenings are slowly getting darker too, just ordered a new 140cm square scarf, a family of five could live it in it's so big.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
Autumn is totally my time in terms of clothes! I love darker tone colours, sheer tights with boots, layers but not to a crazy degree.

• Heart

bongsandstuff

Chatty Member
Is it too early to buy autumn clothing? Seen that ASOS have a huge sale and I’ve found some lovely autumnal pyjamas and a teddy jacket for winter.🫣

• Heart

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Love this thread! Love the Autumn. A blue sky, crisp Autumn day is the best!! Love the clothing, the tv shows, the not feeling guilty for being in pyjamas straight from work!
LOVE that my local beach is quiet again and it’s just dog walkers…. All the noisy tourists have disappeared!
Putting on boots and taking the dog for a walk through the woods, slightly soggy underfoot.
Don’t particularly like Halloween.

• Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
I’ve just started watching The Chestnut Man on Netflix when I should be working from home; it’s a Danish crime drama with autumn/Halloween vibes. It’s really good so far.

• Wow

fudgebox

VIP Member
I love autumn and winter! I’m already counting down the months until I can put my Christmas decs up😅
Also can’t wait to whack the slow cooker out and make some stews!

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
It’s boiling today 🤣 ahh!

It makes me laugh when I see tik toks of autumn outfits and it’s like a cropped jumper with a skirt.. I’m like.. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! That’s a summer outfit 🤣 who’s wearing bare legs in autumn?!

• Haha

nicalibres

VIP Member
Ive just been reading an autumn thread on mn asking what you’re looking forward to and it’s just full of miserable bastards saying nothing and being a bit snarky to people who love autumn 🙄
Mumsnet has to be the most miserable corner of the internet - they find a way to twist literally anything. You could post that you spend all your spare time feeding the homeless and mumsnetters would tell you’re a heartless bastard for not inviting them round for dinner.

• Haha

MissFlowers

Autumn is my absolute favourite 🥰 🍂 I cannot wait for walking through the crispy leaves and then coming home and curling up with a blanket and hot chocolate! We have recently moved to Scotland too, in search of colder weather more often 😂

• Heart