The Autumn Thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d 🍁 love 🍁 some autumn book recommendations!
This is what I can think of off the top of my head :cool:

1. the secret history - donna tartt
2. if we were villains - m.l. rio
3. the ex hex - erin sterling
4. we've always lived in the castle - shirley jackson
5. sherlock holmes - sir arthur conan doyle
6. rebecca - daphne du maurier (I think, haven't read it yet but I ordered it last night hehe)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Autumn is my absolute favourite 🥰 🍂 I cannot wait for walking through the crispy leaves and then coming home and curling up with a blanket and hot chocolate! We have recently moved to Scotland too, in search of colder weather more often 😂
Omg, Scotland. I am jealous.

Reactions: 5
I’ll be having a baby in January so need to find some nice maternity autumn bits. I guess I’ll be living in leggings and huge chunky knits. Usually love a turtleneck but might be too hot this year so on the look out for a lovely scarf. I got a beautiful one from Anthropology a few years ago. It was quite expensive but it’s a bit tatty now. I suppose I’ll be spending out on a maternity coat so need to find a decent mid range one.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Autumn is my absolute favourite 🥰 🍂 I cannot wait for walking through the crispy leaves and then coming home and curling up with a blanket and hot chocolate! We have recently moved to Scotland too, in search of colder weather more often 😂
Oh you’ll definitely get colder weather here. I live on the outskirts of Glasgow, we get all four seasons in one day sometimes. 😂

I can’t wait for those crisp, frosty mornings around Oct/Nov. Going for a coffee and a walk around the park wrapped up all cosy in layers. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh you’ll definitely get colder weather here. I live on the outskirts of Glasgow, we get all four seasons in one day sometimes. 😂
We’ve moved to Ayr.. so not far from there! 🧡 I’ve been enjoying exploring the lovely walks! I have a baby now too who will be 1 in October so that’s also exciting!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We’ve moved to Ayr.. so not far from there! 🧡 I’ve been enjoying exploring the lovely walks! I have a baby now too who will be 1 in October so that’s also exciting!!
I have family who live by the coast, my husband is originally from around that area too! Must be nice to be so close to the sea :)

Aww congratulations on your little one! ❤ Halloween and Christmas are even more special when you have children around. Mine are a bit older now but still at that age where they get excited and believe in all the magic. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s lovely, but I must admit I prefer finding woodlands and things like that to walk through! The sand drives me nuts 😂

I’m so excited for both Halloween and christmas! I can’t wait for us to start our own traditions around this time of year! 🥰

our nearest Starbucks is Glasgow though.. so I’m going to have to travel for my pumpkin spice latte this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like even Glasgow isn’t cold enough 😂. I just looked at the forecast and it’s to be another bloody heatwave this week! I’d love to move to somewhere like Shetland or the Outer Hebrides for the climate but they’re just a bit too remote 😢

• Heart
Can we put an alert on the pumpkin spiced latte front please? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I feel like even Glasgow isn’t cold enough 😂. I just looked at the forecast and it’s to be another bloody heatwave this week! I’d love to move to somewhere like Shetland or the Outer Hebrides for the climate but they’re just a bit too remote 😢
Yeah it’s saying 28 for Friday here. I cba. 😢

I’m sure it was early September last year so will keep an eye out for updates. 👀

• Sad
This is definitely needed .. I’m sure I’ve heard people saying it’s august!! I’m going to see if I can research

Maybe it is going to be more September time.. looks like it will be august 30th in the us … so will maybe be a bit later here?!x

This is definitely needed .. I’m sure I’ve heard people saying it’s august!! I’m going to see if I can research

Maybe it is going to be more September time.. looks like it will be august 30th in the us … so will maybe be a bit later here?!x
I think you may be right!

Head up Asda have started getting their autumn homeware in They had a lovely pumpkin cushion.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

This company does a lovely spiced winterberry cordial, I had it last year at the outdoor Christmas market in Galway, it was fab. They do a clove cordial also and every Christmas morning we have mulled apple juice (with one of those mulled wine teabag things chucked in it) and I am going to try the clove with it this year. It's forecast for high twenties here again this week and I could cry, my lovely scarves just sitting in the press unused :cry:
🥵🥵🥵

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve never even tried a pumpkin spiced anything 😳 I got it into my head that it would taste like pumpkins (can’t stand the smell) so I just stuck to gingerbread latte’s 😂 feel like I’m missing out now and need to give them a try!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.